Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Animal/Pet Hospitals Banfield Pet Hospital Dental cleaning: charged a bloodwork fee when it's included in the active care plus

Banfield Pet Hospital  -  Dental cleaning: charged a bloodwork fee when it's included in the active care plus

D
Author of the complaint
1:22 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I dropped my Dog off at Banfield Hospital located in Chantilly Virginia (Street Name is 13866 Metrotech Dr) on 2/28/22 to get his teeth cleaned. I have the Active Care Plus that includes professional dental cleaning. Under professional dental cleaning, pre-anesthetic blood testing is performed to make sure that my dog can go into anesthesia to get his teeth cleaned. Unfortunately, his blood was elevated so Dr. Annamalai told me that they could not perform the dental cleaning and have suggested to take meds and come back. Since I've already dealt with the same situation in the past (my dog always had blood abnormality but dealt with different doctor), I agreed and got the prescription. I forget the technician's name but as soon as she handed me the prescription slip, she told me that I should come back in about 2 months to have my dog get another blood work done which will be around $48. I said ok and left the office.

About 30 minutes after I got home, one of the receptionist contacted me and told me that I owe them $179 and some change. I asked him why but he could not give me the reasoning. I told him that I've had this exact same problem and was never charged. I also gave him clarification that blood work is under the Active Care Plus Dental Plan. Why am I being penalized for something that it's not my fault? Purpose was to get my dog's teeth cleaned and they are charging me a fee for that is included in the plan. I found the reasoning through another Banfield located in South Riding VA. They also think that the charge should not happen and it's unfair for the customer. They've also told me that since only the blood work was done instead of the full dental package, they don't know how to apply the visit and charged me the fee of $179. If my dog's blood elevates every year, i'm pretty much going to be paying about additional $400 ($179 for the first dental visit blood work, about $30 to $40 for the med, and another $179 for the 2nd blood work to see if my dog can go into anesthesia). How absurd is this? I would understand about the 2nd blood work being done outside of the plan but getting charged a fee for the first visit is pretty much a SCAM. They are stealing my hard earned money.

I had arguments with them that this is not right and I should not be "penalized" for it. I gave them another call and tried to get some clarification and the female receptionist put me on hold and left the office. What kind of business are they running. Their professionalism is lacking heavily.

If anyone has gone through the same issue, you all should look carefully on as to why you got charged. From what I've researched, blood work under dental care is included and if you have the active care plus, you should not be paying any fees.

Update by Don Yang
Mar 07, 2022 10:27 pm

I requested a call back and have yet to receive a call back. it's been a week.

More Banfield Pet Hospital complaints & reviews

Banfield Pet Hospital - my dog's dental cleaning
Banfield Pet Hospital - $250 minimum visit charge if you use care credit financing
Banfield Pet Hospital - customer service