Austpacific Industries FIJITimber Sandalwood Scam

D

This is a site dedicated to all the poor people and businesses that have fallen victim to Austpacific Industries Fiji, Director Graeme and Carolyn Hedge.They advertise and prey over the internet to be a credible and huge Sawmill in Fiji but the reality is they are a husband and wife team that live their life perfecting their scams promising timber that never gets delivered after payment and Sandalwood scams are their specialty.They have NO Sandalwood but claim to the world to have tons of it.They advertise in local papers in Australia for poor victims looking to buy Merbau decking cheap, take their money in advance and NEVER deliver.They advertise on Alibaba and all the Asian search engines looking for prey.They are now facing judgement day shortly as they are now being investigated by Police Inspector Tevita [protected]@yahoo.com of the Fijian Police and anyone that feels they have been scammed by these 2 professionals should contact Inspector Tevita with their information and complaint.I ordered Merbau decking from the Sydney local Trading post paper and gave my hard earned cash to pay for it but never received a zak, just a bunch of lies from Graeme Hedge. http://www.austpacificfijiscamhedge.blogspot.com/

More Austpacific Industries FIJI Complaints & Reviews

• Ri
    Richard2009 Sep 06, 2009

Completely untrue we purchased Merbau decking from Austpacific and they were delayed with delivery of our timber but it was worth the wait! Anyone wanting to contact me please do or go to their warehouse to view their wonderful timbers. Richard Hill Queensland. PS I am a builder and my clients are more than please with the decking timber. cheers.

• Gt
    gt2518 Sep 15, 2009

austpacific group are scammers we have been ripped off over $1700 for merbau decking that we special ordered in january 09 it is now september 09 and still nothing we are progressing through consumer affairs as for the above comment regarding recieving theyre timbers i bet they are posted by greame aka micheal aka east coast timbers aka all the email addressses they make up and they keep taking orders for timber and hassling people for cheaper orders yet dont deliver they make up all kinds of excuses that they cant contact you re computers down storms etc yet we have hloiday to fiji twice and they weather was fine they are scammers do not buy from aust pacific group do not deal with east coast timbers etc theyre are scammers and will be caught up with cant wait to see you behind bars we worked hard for our money we are a young family who have been scammed this company is a joke

David Sep 23, 2009

It is bewildering that this Richard Hill character who is a builder writes a glowing report about a company so heavily under investigation for serious fraud and would openly try to convince more people that Austpacific are as honest as they come ..Im sorry Richard Hill but I believe you are one of Graeme hedge's associates and making a poor attempt to perpetuate the scam by trying to restore public confidence in this low life dishonest company known as Austpacific or east coast Timbers or whatever else they trade under in the trading post and all the B2B sites around the globe.Soon he will feel Fijian justice.

David Sep 23, 2009

Beware all Austpacific and Graeme Hedge is selling on EBAY Australia!!! Already a scam complaint!!

• Lo
    Louisem Nov 17, 2009

My name is Louise and we too have been scammed by AUSTPACIFIC INDUSTRIES, all the untrue stories about the delays etc...paid a big deposit of half the order (Michael wanted the full amount so he could put the timber on the ship straight away) back in January 2009. We are still waiting...we now know that we too have been taken for a ride. Never buy or trust Austpacific Industries, they should be made to refund all the peoples hard earned money and be closed down. This has cost us more than just money, for all the trouble and struggles we have been through.

• Bu
    burnsysa Nov 29, 2009

Think i've been stiched up by Austpacific also, payed a deposit for some merbau timber
    in September and told by Micheal it should be ready for collection in 6 weeks, lots of e-mails sent, and now the order tracking page on the website is gone and Micheal not
    answering his phone, is their anything that can be done

• Al
    also anothe victum Dec 02, 2009

We too have been scamed we paid him $2313 back on the 6th of April and have not received anything and it is now December. He is refusing to give us a refund and have not provided us with a refund. Does anyone know the companies ABN Number if they do please let us know. We saved up so much and have stressed over this so much surely there must be something that we can collectively do together. This is very unfair. We too have been liasing with Michael the scammer who has taken our money upfront and not delivered anything yet. I really hope they get what is coming their way. We too have the papers and are applying to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal and Consumer Affairs!!!

David Dec 05, 2009

Good News All, I have just been informed on good authority that Graeme Hedge and Carolyn Hedge of Austpacific Industries are soon to be arrested finally!!! They will be able to reflect on their theiving ways for many years to come behind Fijian Bars, thats our christmas present and theirs in one.

tnt Dec 07, 2009

YESSSSS!!! who do we contact about getting our $2313 back because it went into graham and carolyn hedges bank account also where can we go or what publications can we check that this is all true i hope they all rot in jail and michael aswell its funny because there all still trying to tell me that my merbau is still coming lol...p.s from tim and natasha

• Gg
    gggggggggggggggggg Dec 14, 2009

yes im another victim with $1380.00 down the drain. as everbody has already said promise after promise and nothing to show. does anyone know if the is any chance of a refund or who we can contact to try to get a refund?????????
    Grant

David Dec 14, 2009

I suggest that anyone that has been scammed by Austpacific Industries immediately contact Inspector Tevita in Fiji police at : [protected]@yahoo.com, Tevitas mobile is +[protected] and email him your statement and invoices paid to Austpacific to allow Fijian police to put an end to this crook and his Australian cohort Michael whatever he calls himself!

Note ALL For a picture to all of Graeme Hedge who has stolen all of our money go to this link and you will see a man (thief) holding a big fish and and his home inside paid for by our money, this is Your culprit Graeme Hedge the Director of Austpacific Industries Fiji, he is too busy fishing to give us our decking! Rat theif!

I_hate_scammers_2 Dec 14, 2009

I am also a victim, Michael from carrum downs (15/47 Frankston Gardens Drive Carrum Downs) [protected] should be held accountable for all the victorian victims. I have spoken to the Victoria police and people should print out all of their emails and payments or any proof of this scam and take it to their local station and file a report so he does not get away with anything. I am doing this today, remember he is the voice behind the lies and surely he knows whats going on, dont let him get away. Also I have a suspision he is trading as mickmerbau on ebay as his feedback has a positive feedback from guess who? ""Austpacific "" We know where he trades out of maybe we should all get together and pay him a visit before he also ends up behind bars.

I_hate_scammers_2 Dec 14, 2009

All you ebayers buy 1metre of 40mm merbau off mickmerbau if you think it is the same michael from austpacific cost around $2.40, feedback priceless!!!

David Dec 15, 2009

All Ebayers YES Mickmerbau is the same Michael from Austpacific Fiji BEWARE appears Austpacific had bad feedback on their ebay membership (surprise) so this Micheal character soon after registered his ID so they could keep selling/ripping into people.I think going to police individually and uniting is a great idea let us have feedback of who to see so we can lodge alltogether!!! We should unite police in Oz and Fiji about this character in Fiji also.

Don't trust Austpacific Dec 15, 2009

I also have been scammed by austpaficic and micheal at 15/47 frankson gardens drive, Carrum Downs. I paid $1330 upfront on 2nd june. he has blamed the ship hitting the reef, the shipment whent to Sydney instead of melbourne and the bad weather in Fiji now he is saying thats it is out of his hands and i have to take it up with Fiji. I have been to his address and there is heaps of wood. I got a friend to set up a purchase through mickmerbau on ebay and gained access to his shed this morning but came home without my wood. I asked him to ring Fiji while i was there so i could watch him. but he said that he had no credit on hid phone then i offered my phone he then wownd op his window and drove off. He drives a dark green Kia Sportarge rego OEC 485

I_hate_scammers_even_more Dec 15, 2009

Is mick at the factory all the time? Can we find out his home phone or his residential address so we can bombard his home phone with calls and give him a visit at home to see how he likes being disrupted at home like all of us, until we get the truth out of him. Remember people print out all your emails and reciepts and now his rego and go to the Police we may be able to be compensated by seeing him behind bars and after that try to find out who the owner of the building is and go collect our timber personally.

I_hate_scammers_even_more Dec 15, 2009

Hey ""Dont trust Austpacific"" if you have seen mick can you give us a discription of him EG: age, height, looks, surname would be great anyone so we can forward it on to the police.

David Dec 16, 2009

Make no mistake about this, The real culprit here is Graeme Edward Hedge and his wife Carolyn hedge they are both cunning as they come and know exactly what they are doing, they are directors of Austpacific and are pulling all the strings, after all the money for these sales is going into Carolyn's personal account in NSW it seems.Why would any legal reputable company ask for its payment transaction belonging to the company Austpacific in fiji to be sent to an individual's bank account in another country? if not to launder the money from Fiji taxation authorities? This Michael character is Graeme's "gofa" and is just the go between for Graeme hedge.We need to not only stop Micheal but we need to get to the root of all evil, Graeme and his wife Carolyn. If we complain to Australian authorities enough they will join with Fiji police to bring them to a halt like Peter Foster! If they have taken 300, 000 dollars upfront deposit from a malaysian company and ripped them off what would stop them taking these amounts from us?

Graeme Hedges Mobile in Fiji is +[protected]/+[protected] .Tell him we will see him in jail the theif!

There is an abn I found for them ABN number [protected]

Graeme Hedges date of birth is 20th July 1961

Anyone has anything else please post asap, lets start to close in this clan of scammers.

Don't trust Austpacific Dec 16, 2009

Micheal is a 40 year old weedy 5 foot 7 bloke with black balding hair and has a scar on one side of his face. I suggest some one else set up a sale through ebay and we all head there at the same time to pick it up. Has anyone else been contacted by a bloke saying that he is located in fiji. He is saying that there is a ship leaving at the end of the month. His name is Roger and he left this contact number [protected]. The thing that makes it seam fake to me is that it comes up with private number on my moble when he calls and I can hear a guy in the background telling him what to say.

Don't trust Austpacific Dec 16, 2009

Hey guys lets all send our story to channel 9 Current Affair. Here is the link

Click on tell us your story

Here is what I sent in

MERBAU DECKING EBAY SCAM
    THIS GUY IS RIPPING OFF HUNDRED'S OF AUSTRALIAN'S AND STILL TRADING RIPPING OFF MORE SEARCH FOR GRAEME HEDGE ON THE INTERNET OR GO TO THIS LINK http//www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/austpacific-industries-fiji-c208533.html GO AND DO YOUR WORK TRACY STOP THIS BUGGER RIPPING OFF ANYMORE PEOPLE SIMON.

• Br
    brucepam Dec 17, 2009

We all seem to have done the homework on this Michael but what are we doing about trying to get our money back. Has anyone out there got any ideas as it would be much appreciated.

Regards Bruce

• Me
    MERBAU MENACE Dec 17, 2009

It appears we have been scammed also. Ordered merbau & paid deposit 17th November to C F Hedge account BSB 112879 A/C No. [protected]. Made many attempts to reach Michael (Carrum Downs) but he did not respond. Pushed me onto Status Section. Received email dated 17/12 stating updating us on order status - of course blamed cyclone Mick had to cease operations stated our order was in hand in production. Another email today 18/12 states cyclone mich passing through Fiji over next few days etc etc. The only cyclone Mick I know is the one that took our order originally. Full of wind but that's it. Going to follow up with Fiji police and our consumer affairs to see what help we can get. Too many excuses for a supposed credible company - I hope no-one else tumbles in to these sharks and that when they are out fishing a real shark ends their scams - Carol & John Bowe, Melbourne.

Don't trust Austpacific Dec 17, 2009

If you need to contact Michael he has another number [protected]. He also keeps a close eye on this site just to see how much pepole love him.

• Al
    also anothe victum Dec 18, 2009

Hi guys, Natasha and Tim here again. Still waiting for our Merbau - paid in full back in April amount over $2K. What we were thinking is everyone that has been affected email thorugh your tax invoice - bank account number you were given to pay into - and a little summary of what has happend to you and we wíll on behalf of all us submit a group application to the Consumer Affairs and will pdf a copy of the whole report to you - for your reference. If we work together we will get somewhere especially that the bank account is a Australian Bank account something needs to be done.

Feel free to email your details to [protected]@hotmail.com

David Dec 18, 2009

Natasha I agree with your plan and should be followed but I think it is more then just a dispute for consumer affairs now, this is multiple internet fraud and obtaining money by multiple deception .Graeme and Carolyn Hedge are also avoiding tax in Fiji by laundering income through bank deposits here in Australia.

I say get all information from everyone and give a detail complaint to Federal police Internet fraud section and also your local police station .Give them copies of your complete collection of orders from everyone and also send to Fijian tax department and Police in Fiji, Inspector Tevita asap.

Lodge within our police system and watch them all run to pay everyone back and stop them cold.
    Think about this for every complaint on this site there are probably multiple claims that dont even know about this site to vent their frustrations, we must act for everyone and fast.

I am an old bugger now and have nothing more to take but I want to stop him doing to all you young folk.

tnt Dec 18, 2009

hi guys tim and tash again i just called michael on his mobile and said who i was and he just hanged up on me like a coward this guy is clearly a scam artist and does not care about anyone but himself $2313 is in greame hedges account that belongs to me and as far as im concerned michaels gonna have to take the fall for graeme since his the only one in australia he represents austpacific group

I_hate_scammers_even_more Dec 18, 2009

If michael has a factory full of timber where did he get it from? Is it our timber and he refuses to pass it on? Why cant we pick up the timber we ordered months ago if the supply is already there? Nothing makes any sense. Lets get together, hire a very large tray truck and go and pick up no more or no less of our completed orders. I know this is a hassle but I assure you this will be the only way to recoup any losses. I have also noticed he has no sales on ebay as of yesterday. Is he ready to do a runner? We had better act VERY, VERY quickly if any body wants any timber at all. Im sure no one will get any money back because its easy to leave a bank account empty so the only alternative is to go and pysically pick up whats ours. This should have happened last week so act right NOW dont wait any longer.

• Co
    conned by Austpacific Dec 18, 2009

Hi all,
    I have previously purchased and recieved timber from Graeme Hedge around 6 years ago. But in 2004 I placed another order and paid $4014 for timber that I have never received even though numerous promises have been made by Graeme. Yes I to have been conned by the Hedge clan. I have many emails from Graeme making promises and have even recently spoken to him on the phone where he told me he would return my money. I have also spoken to Mike from the melbourne office and I agree he appaers to be part of the scam.
    These people need to be stopped so as others dont get conned like us. Lets hope justice is done promptly.

tnt Dec 18, 2009

austpacific group scam scam scam beware!!! merbau decking timber austpcific sacam scam scam do not purchase from these snakes

tnt Dec 20, 2009

michael doesnt answer his phone i think his done a runner waiting responce from consumer affairs and the v.c.a.t should be good soon also michael has his own buisness running selling merbau i wonder if his selling the stuff we paid for and doubling up his profit ###en ###!!

David Dec 20, 2009

My son found this other place on Austpacific and this Micheal bloke in Carum. with more blokes like us that have been shafted does anyone have a photo of these ### ?? we can all see?Home addreesses? If warehouse is full why cant we get timber at least ?soemthn smells rottin.

David Dec 20, 2009

found this in fiji yellow pages Austpacific Industries Namara Rd, Labasa Fiji Ph: 8811098

tnt Dec 21, 2009

guys just go to consumer affairs and v.c.a.t once theu see how many of us there is these ### wont be able to make a cent its funny because once there exposed here and they cant xhow there face anywhere where are they going to hide then? a guarantee they wont be safe ib jail eather especialy if certain people know they ript me off hahaha so long michael YOU RAT!!! what goes around comes around

----another victim---- Dec 22, 2009

Agree with everyone that something needs to be done...reported to police and consumer affairs. But as suggested maybe we should all go to the warehouse and not leave until we get either our timber or our money.
    We need action quickly but we are just talking and nothing is really being done about the crooks, they continue to scam others.

• Fl
    FloraGreen Dec 25, 2009

You have the best feeling of comfort. You never be willing to take them
    off.
    (http://inuggshopping.com)

You won't have cold winter any more. The ugg boots will help you fight
    against the cold weather and keep you having warm winter, you will enjoy it.
    You will be at the forefront of the fashion with ugg boots, and become the focus
    in public.

Christmas is coming, we have prepared comfy snow boots for u.
    Uggs boots(shoes)Store-free shipping! Discount40%-50% off.
    Welcome to have a look!
    ugg fashion shoes--classic, cove, nightfall, sundance, mini...

David Dec 26, 2009

Sent to Flora Green,
    I think your a ###ing low life advertising on a site where all of us have lost thousands of dollars after being scammed by this theif.Do the right thing and remove your comments and leave the forum to be taken seriously as it should be instead of a maggot like you trying to captitalize on other peoples misfortune.
    Fuk off this site.

tnt Dec 27, 2009

### your ugg boots no one here will ever purchase what your advertising this is site only specific to austpacific scam so ### off any way guys michael has a warehouse full of timber so it must be coming from somewhere michael is never there so if anyones willing to camp out and wait foe him not a bad idea im hoping he shows up soon

• Vi
    victimised Jan 01, 2010

It was only a matter of time because Graeme Edward and Carolyn Francis hedge are opportunist thieving ### who love robbing people and they will use any means to suck in their prey. The tables should be turned on them when the law finally catches up with them and they are in jail on their hands and knees sucking and being [censored]ed like they have been doing to everyone for so many years. I hope DPP in Fiji make a move shortly and lock these thieves up before these two criminals on a crimewave spree giving Fiji a very bad name as the Nigeria of the South Pacific. Message to Graeme and Carolyn "Rot in hell you pair of thieves and I will be there to light the fires of hell to make sure you fry you opportunist ###!!!"

tnt Jan 02, 2010

here here well said!! we all have micheals address so everyone can hopefully now get there money back dont be fooled when he says he doesnt work for austpacific anymore because he still does and also hel try to say hes got no money but he does its just one phonecall and the moneys in your account a john larcy is the man who handles the financing [protected]

• Bu
    burnsysa Jan 05, 2010

Got that sinking feeling i'm going to have to write off timber/deposit, complained to various authorities etc. But i won't be holding my breath.
    These people are ### and it makes no sense that they can't be stopped or that it takes so long to stop them.
    Unfortunatly i'm up in Sydney, to far to get down to warehouse or knock on Micheals door.