At Home RewardsCharges to my account which were not approved my me.

J

I tried to purchase the us magazine as a gift but when i put in my visa card number nothing happened and i thought the transaction did not go through as we had be denied access by our credit card. We were having problems. Well today, i received the subscription to myself which i did not want! It was a gift but you never asked for the recipents name. I do not want the subscription for me and would like credit to my account. If that is impossible then i would like the subscription to go where it was intended!!! Please address this problem asap! Us weekly #s 0001y314082 and mechant info [protected] ny thank you, joan bullard [protected]@embarqmail.Com

Maninv Jul 21, 2014

Good day,

I have an amount being charged to my credit card every month and I have no idea what it is. I have been trying to get hold of the culprits who obviously slipped this in with something I purchased but to no avail...how do i find out what I am being debited for and how to stop this?

• Vi
    virginia ardon Jul 15, 2014

my name is virginia .ardon, I signed up with a credit score company for a free credit report, I canceled my subscription and was given a cancelation number. However this company "subscription merchants keeps on debiting $29.95 out of my account every two weeks, my bank has been able to get my money back except for this last two charges of $29.95, my bank stated is best if I just cancel this debit card and get a new one issue. This is the only way to stop the continuing unathorized charges. God Bless You. Hope this is able to help anyone out there.

• Ba
    basket260 Feb 25, 2014

I have a charge of $23.70 on my credit card and cannot figure out what it was for, do not recognize the merchant name, and don't believe I subscribed to any services. Now I am trying to figure out how to cancel something I didn't subscribe to with a company I don't recognize. This is really a scam if one cannot figure out who the company and merchandise are.

• Ba
    BarbaraS7 Nov 02, 2013

I have been ripped off by these magazine companies for more than 400.00 dollars and each time I call they say they are going to replace my money but never do. Now I am going to have to fight with the bank because they say it is past their time limit. Try to do things right and these companies just keep on working the system. Sure wish the government cared as much for their citizens as they do about bad business practices. Getting to the point I am going have to start more involved in how to stop what is going on in the government. I now keep a notebook about every call I make to companies and get names, badge #'s, employee #'s, and write down the time and date to make a paper trail. Maybe that will be enough in court.

• Pw
    P Wooten Nov 02, 2013

First I got a call saying they could lower my magazine payments to $19 amonth. I did not remember having any subscription, but like an idiot I gave them my credit card number, and even changed the magazines I would be getting from what they said the subscription was for. Well, the magazines never came, no charge was made to my account, and I never got a bill. Then I got a call from a rep of these people. He said I wasn't getting the magazines because I had not paid my bill of $687.70, and demanded payment of the entire thing right there on the spot--or else! I freaked, which of course he expected, because he obviously does this all day for a living. He intimidated me with all sorts of threats until I wound up authorizing $160 just to get out of it. Once I was off the line reflected a bit and saw this for what it was--a way to get a bunch of money in just ten minutes by using threats and intimidation. I really want to take them to court, but the court would want some written documentation, which obviously I do not have.

• Ji
    Jim616 Sep 10, 2012

Someone needs to put theses jerks out of business. They called me and said they where going to sign me up for another 5 years when I said I did not want it. I never ordered these to begin with. They said they where going to charge me $69.00 a month for a magazine. I called my credit card company and they are running a fraud investigation om these jerks. I would like to know how these idiots sleep at night. Hey jerks get a real JOB.

J. A. Rayl Aug 22, 2012

Someone needs to put this operation OUT OF BUSINESS!! I just spent 45 minute on the phone with their automated "person" and still did not get my unsolicited order credited to my account. I couldn't even cancel it because the system could not intake either my digital responses nor my voice responses. I know better than to fill out surveys online and other "deals" but apparently I did this and ended up with two magazine subscriptions, neither of which I wanted. In fact, they sent me "Parents" magazine and I don't even have any kids. The bill all of a sudden showed up on my credit statement - $52.00!! I'm not just appalled but am furious over the time spent trying to rectify this ERROR! Any suggestions?!?

• Di
    diane myers Jun 19, 2012

they tried to charge 39.00 to a card of mine that wasn't even activated.called my bank they froze the card. call ur bank and have them block this buisness.

John H.Angell Apr 13, 2012

I received a charge of $49.00 sometime before 3/23/12 on my credit card. I have no idea how this occurred.
    I did not make any request for any subscriptions at ant time except $1.00 for News week.I dident suscribe to them for anything else

My visa card was charged for $49.00/ John H, Angell, 7948 Arrowhead Forest Ct. Montgomery.Al 36117
    The last four numbers of my credit card are 9107 I can be reached on my cell phone [protected]

• Mi
    Michael O'Keefe Aug 28, 2011

I did not go to, had never heard of this company until a charge appeared on my bank statement removing 27.95 from my account. When trying to call this company to complain and remove these charged and any other they intended to make I could not get an answer to my call.

• Ne
    netkru Jul 09, 2011

Amazing!!! These people are liars!! I had been receiving two different magazines as a result of some- preview. I honestly don't even remember, how they got started in the first place. When I received post cards in the mail to cancel or continue- I called well within the advised time and canceled. One of the "automated" transactions went through just fine- but the other one did NOT!! Resulting in my credit card being charged $119.00 for a magazine!!! When I called a second time- upon finding the charge on my card. I was told- via the automated system, that they would once again cancel the subscription- but I would now have to *pay for the magazines I had received. What a racket!! I decided NO!! I had called well within the time frame- I have the cancellation number, YOUR automated system gave me. I'm not paying!! NOW- I finally got an actual person on the phone. HE says they have record of my calling- and yes they have the number- but they don't know why I called...are YOU kidding me??!! So, when I got a little less than nice on the phone. He said he'd see what he could do, to get the rest of the charges reversed. What a rip off!!! Never USE this company. The charges show up as TWX- Continuity Subscription Merchants, the post cards arrive as SynapseConnect, Inc. Whoever they are- they are liars and cheats!! Don't use them!! You can get your magazine subscriptions cheaper by using the little cards that come in the magazine!!

• Hu
    huntah2kk May 19, 2011

i have this same problem now too... i dont know where its coming from or how to stop it!!... please someone help!!!

• Sc
    Scotta79 Apr 02, 2011

MY wife has used her debit card to order a few different things online and now subscription services continue to take money out of the account without authorization. this has happened twice in the last three days totaling $93.27. I have tried to find out what these charges are for and how to stop them, but have had no success. Does anyone have suggestions on how to stop this?

• Ti
    tireland Jan 22, 2011

BIG TIME SCAM! This company is a scam corporation. They advertise a FREE product for which you just have to notify them to cancel if you do not like the product. However, and this was NOT included in their advertisement, you must at your own expense and without prior notification return the product within a short period of time or you will find TWO charges on your charge card of over $69 without your consent. DO NOT FALL INTO THIS SCAM. THE PRODUCT IS WORTHLESS! IT DOES NOT WORK. THEIR BUSINESS PRACTICES ARE NOT HONEST!
    Check out their website. There is NO mention of having to return the product. It even falsely advertises that it is risk free. NOT TRUE. You unknowingly have to accept the RISK of having to pay to return this product if it doesn't work. Check out the website below.

• Se
    Seenly Dec 21, 2010

I've had this happen too, I just checked my bank statements and was charged twice! I am calling them tomorrow. Did you ever get your issue resolved Joad Bullard?

• El
    Eldon Scott Nov 30, 2010

• El
    Eldon Scott Nov 30, 2010

I dont even know what this is, Dont remember ordering any book or magazine. It all could be an error. I do not want the book or magazine. thanks

• Bo
    Bonnie Jones Jul 30, 2010

At Home Rewards have taken $14.95 out of my checking account just yesterday. I called them, got a recording asking my my credit account number to access my account with them. NOT going to happen!
    Don't know how they got my information to begin with, unless it was sold to them.
    I will call my bank to try to stop them from taking anymore.
    Also >Passport to Fun< has done the same thing, same recording.
    Both have to be scams as far as I am concerned...

• At
    at home rewards Jun 30, 2010

i have a charge 23.95 every month- i never ordered this ever! i call them and i am on hold forever- we cant find you in the system as buying but are charging me every month. this is a total scam

• Mi
    micheleloren Jan 05, 2010

this is happing to me to and have callede the company but it still keeps happing... michele

• Fo
    Forrest Apr 15, 2009

6 months ago I purchased a small electronic kitchen device (omlet maker) from an add on TV. They put about $50 more on my bill than was advertised on TV, and now they are still billing my credit card after I have canceled by phone several times. If I knew their address, I would call the police. They are crooks. Don't let them get hold of your credit card number or they will try to keep billing you til the day you die.

jojo Mar 20, 2009

Go to the Federal Trade Commission web site...www.ftc.gov and file a complaint.These people are scamming the elderly out of everything.When you call athomerewards and they want your ID# and credit card # just keep pushing *0 [the #0 ]on your phone and you will get a live person.Tell them to stop and you will be reporting them or you have reported them to the FTC.Do it every day.

• Pd
    P.D. Feb 25, 2009

I have had 3 unauthorized charges of $19.95 from this company called "At Home Rewards" that is utter BS, on my checking account.

I never authorized or ordered a memebership from these people, if they are even a real company...

This is illegal & if my bank doesn't stop the transactions, I am filing a class A law-suit.~PD-Georgia

• Ro
    Ron Jan 04, 2009

The company got my credit card number from another website and charged my card $14.95 for a membership to athomerewards. I called the company today, 12/03/08 and they said they will refund my money... no questions asked. Scam, scam, scam, scam, scam!

Chris Nov 18, 2008

Had the same details in a fraud protection call. After speaking with an agent determined this is for my Netflix subscription.

Do you have a Netflix subscription?

• Ke
    Kenneth McLeod Nov 15, 2008

unauthorized

JAmes Sep 18, 2008

I have been charged multiple times in the amount of $19.99 and I have never heard of or given any information to them.

• Je
    Jennifer Sep 16, 2008

I also had a charge from At Home Rewards appear on my account statement. Fortunately it had a phone number [[protected]]. When I called they gave me an automated option to cancel but no one to complain to about the 19.95 charge. I will likley never see that returned.

Andrea Sep 02, 2008

At Home Rewards billed my credit card for some membership that I did not authorize! When trying to track it down, all I can find out is it is somehow tied to either Southwest Airlines or Classmates.com! Of course, it's next to impossible to contact Classmates but I'm not giving up. This was a bunch of crap. I also learned there is another membership, Shopping Essentials. I'll be filing that one too...

• He
    helen st louis Aug 16, 2008

past 3 mnths have had charges of $19.95 on my debit card. Do not know what this company is and have never authorized these mnthly charges. There is no number for me to contact since frankly I do not know what this company is.. I feel I should be reimbursed for the past 3 charges and this company needs to be stoped..

Helen St.Louis

• Br
    Brenda Knowles-Schulteb Aug 10, 2008

Charge of $29.95 on credit card and I have no idea who they are or what it's for and have received no services I'm aware of and have received no products.

• Pa
    Patcia Carpenter Jul 30, 2008

I had an unauthorized charge of $29.95 on 6/24/08, plus a $1.00 charge, I would like a refund in the amount of $30.95 credit to my account.

Patricia E. Carpenter

• Pe
    peter pecoraro Feb 22, 2008

charged 14.95 on unsecured credit card on1/17/08.never heard of this company before.i had to close my account with the credit card company along with other accounts. please stop this from happening to anyone else. thank you