Asset Recovery Associates [ARA] Logo

Asset Recovery Associates [ARA]

Having problems with Asset Recovery Associates [ARA]?

Asset Recovery Associates [ARA] Customer Service Contacts

Thu8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Asset Recovery Associates [ARA] Customer Service. Initial Asset Recovery Associates [ARA] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Asset Recovery Associates [ARA] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Asset Recovery Associates [ARA]. Discuss the issues you have had with Asset Recovery Associates [ARA] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Asset Recovery Associates [ARA]debt collector scam calls

ARA just called me and was very vague about why they were calling and transferred me from "Michael Williams" to "Ms Bloomberg" where she began to tell me my social security number in full, birth date and that I'm over 65 and asked if I still worked and told me I owe 24, 000 on a credit card with a 5000 dollar limit. As I listened she proceeded to tell me she will accept 22, 000 because she would hate to have to report me to the credit bureau today and hurt my 900 credit score and bring it down to a 700. She even gave me the credit card number. She said they are bringing a lawsuit to get their money. She wouldn't let me speak or ask many questions. She kept saying excuse me. Finally I just said thanks for telling me all my dead mothers information I am 40 yrs old and have no idea why my number was associated to my mothers name and info or where they get all this information from. She never even let me know her social even when she was my beneficiary on my life insurance. I'm pretty sure she'd be pissed if she spent 40 years making sure I never learned it and then these fools who specifically said this isn't a scam cuz we know all your info, gave it to me over the phone. She said [censored] your moms not dead and that she knew I was my mom and I said do I sound sixty 67 and she said oh whatever and hung up on me.

Asset Recovery Associates [ARA]scamming on non legitimate credit card

I received a call on my cell on 3/27/19 from Tammy at [protected] asking for my husband. I told her he was not available, but I was his wife, how could I help her. She said unless I could verify the last 4 digits of his social, she could not talk to me. So I told her fine, then dont call me again. She stopped me and told me to hold on she would get a supervisor to see if he could over ride that. Ron Rogers came on the line and told me he could tell me what it was about. It was about a Bank of America Master Card from 2006 and that he had a Federal Affidavit that we must pay or the debt would be attached to our mortgage. He said the balance was $28, 263.64 but they were willing to settle for $4800. I informed him that we never had a Master Card. He said "Yes you did because payments were being made on it from [protected]." He then told me notices had been mailed to an address we lived in 20 years ago (but not during that time line) and that the references on the account were me, my husbands mother, and his first wife (both of whom are now deceased! And Seriously - who would use their ex wife as a credit reference!) I laughed at him and told him he must not have paid for the entire report on my husband from wherever he got that info because it was ridiculous. I told him if this is for real, send me something in writing. (still not giving him our current address) He got very belligerent and told me we would be sorry if we did not pay this debt that we owe because it will be attached to our mortgage (even though he did not have our current address), our bank account could be frozen, and we may even face criminal charges. I "politely" told him he was crazy as a loon and Good Try, but he wasn't getting my money. I am smart enough to know those things will not happen. This company is really good at scaring people - Yall dont fall for it!

Asset Recovery Associates [ARA] — threatening legal action in court, wage garnishments, that law enforcement would arrest me.

They called several family members. Told them they were going to contact my HR department of my current job...

A.R.A. Asset Recovery Associates — telephone call - credit card debt - scam

August 1, 2017 A.R.A. called me about a credit card debt from 1998. They said if I paid part today and paid...

Asset Recovery Associates [ARA] — unethical behaviour

I was contacted by a company who described themselves as ara. When I asked what that stood for they...

Asset Recovery Associates — unethical behavior

Got a letter and a call from asset recovery associates on [protected], client number 3149046, amy lewi...

Asset Recovery Associates — threatened me with collection after a civil suit was awarded against me

A ms. Calmer called my home today about an old credit card debt (From 2000), and she stated that a civil suit...

Asset Recovery Associates — threatened me with lawsuit if I don't pay on old credit card bill

Today I received a call from joseph brazzi. He said he was with ara-asset recovery associates, 1919 ...

Asset Recovery Associates — fraudulent collection tactics

This company purchases very old debt way after the statute of limitations has long past. They use fear and...

Asset Recovery Associates — awful company

Anyone out there.. Don't be fooled like I was. I don't know what to do, but I suspect these people have raked...

Asset Recovery Associates — fraud and scam

On 9/30/08, a message was left on my voicemail at work at 6:31pm from a michael kennedy from ara associate...