Anomaly SquaredDo not work here

Avoid this place! They are the worst call center to work for! No benefits, lousy managment, and unsanitary! The womens rest room is filthy, no toliet paper most days, no soap, no paper towel to dry your hands! No disinfecting wipes for headsets, which is gross! They always have a shortage of computers when you arrive for your shift! I worked on the Acurian Health side which we did health screeners to qualify people for clinical reasearch studies, and they expect you to try to pressure people into doing the pre screenings even if they do not have the condition? It is crazy! Also some of the supervisors have very bad attitudes and treat you like c***, they think they are better than everyone and have swelled heads, and I know they only make about a dollar more an hour than reg employees! Also, the dress code in training is said to be professional, and wow the short skirts, and stilettos, and strapless dresses, and breast sticking out is gross! That is a professional street walker clothing! I cannot beleive the owner permits such dress! Very tacky! Also, they went into a mess where for some reason they werent getting enough calls on the healthcare side so they didnt let us work dor about 10 days, only a select few favorites got to work, and everyone else had to wait to get a call that it was ok to return to work! That was the breaking point for me, I almost lost my car due to that, so I got lucky and found something while I was off for all those days, and quit! Also, the policy of it being mandatory that you work every saturday is not right, I can see every other sat but come on! I bet this place wont be in business much longer! So, I do not suggest you work here unless you are desperate, and like being treated badly! Oh, and the woman that does the healthcare side training is whiney and mopey, complains the entire training period, sits in her chair and basically lets the class train themselves! Horrible! Oh, and they are so lazy if you have to call in sick or something you have to leave them a voicemail and then they dont even call back to let you know if they recieved your call!

More Anomaly Squared Complaints & Reviews

dont go Aug 19, 2013

I totally agree with the previous blogger i to worked at Anomly Squard and it was horrible, you never knew how many hrs you were going to get in and due to mismanagement the computers were either not working or not getting enough calls in. Favortisim was big time and the 2 floor supervisors were no help, it's no wonder they have high turnover i urge you please don't work there unless you want to be made feeling like your a nothing.

• Be
    Betyoucantguesswhoiam Sep 11, 2013

I worked for this company for almost a year, and over the year the things I seen were unbelieveable. Ignoring the fact that when they moved locations from Douglas st to oliver and 47th st south failing to let the employees know and just left a note on the doors giving us the new location sites address. The new location was worse. The bathrooms never clean, bugs everywhere, lucky to have tp in the bathroom saving you from having to walk to quiktrip. No cleaning supplies for the headsets that we SHARE! I seen a pregnant supervisor be verbally abused by the owners Jerry Wass and (James) Craig Dye multiple times leaving her in tears MOST nights. Watched the supervisors scramble to change the time on their time cards because even though they were required to be there 50 hours in one week they could only claim around 40. Not getting paid for the time they worked. But i would also like to add that, with all the issues the company has had trying to keep the contract with Acurian Health maybe if Craig Dye would look into the things that the operations manager (Gabrielle Morgan)is doing. She turns the call volume up so high that she has to log on as an agent to take calls but doesn't really take any. She just picks up the call and dispositions it, NEVER saying a word to the patient. What a GREAT supervisor to look up too.Not to mention how raciest she is. She wont hire a white person, if she will even do the interview. The pregnant WHITE supervisor that was there LONG before her was treated like c*** then was dropped back down to the phones because she had some health issues with the pregnancy. What i mean by issues is she needed to be able to sit a little more and take a couple breaks or maybe get a lunch for once because she had gestational diabetes. I don't understand how this company is still in business.

• Wo
    worthsolittle? Nov 25, 2013

Was to have an interview and sat watching a "Lead" answer and disposition "some" of the calls. After an hour and a half of observation, I finally stated that I needed to leave. Upon being escorted down the aisle, the individual who was escorting, addressed one of the applicant's concerns as to when she would be interviewed because she had been waiting an hour and a half as well. All she and I were told is that management was in a meeting, and there are other individuals who had been waiting since 10 and still hadn't their interview. Continued to escort me out of the call center. Stopping at reception I was asked if a new interview appointment could be scheduled, which I agreed...2 days later. I was skeptical, but went to the interview. I read a script and then offered a position. What I think is pretty lame is $8.00 hour during training for two weeks! Yikes!!! That's pretty bad; but then $10.00 an hour thereafter. Still not a good wage. What about incentives!? Never mentioned...Sad. I realize that there are several people out of work, but please...are we REALLY worth so little?

dont go Dec 11, 2013

Please avoid this place i have never worked at such a horrible place in my life, dirty, bugs all over the place, inconsiderate supervisors thinking they are better then you and they let you know it, the first 2 weeks i was there i did not get a paycheck due to ISSUES what kind of company is this? no benefits nada yes you get a full 2 days of training then they throw you on the phones and you just wing it then if god forbid you make a mistake because nobody showed you how to do it correctly in the first place you get written up for it!! Seriously?? Every day i was there i never got told good job in fact it was the opposite i would see a supervisor pull people aside and they were literally in tears because she was berating them so bad aka Jeri. This place is so racist that it's disgusting if you were white then watch out but if your black it was ok to wear clothes that left nothing to the imagination and i mean nothing and not a word would be said. You were also lucky if you even got a break let alone a lunch though only the FAVORITE people got thiers right on time of course! As for the schedules again if you SPECIAL you had normal hrs if not they would be constantly changing how in the world are you supposed to take of other stuff knowing what your hrs are going to be from week to week? I never saw the same people after 2 weeks turnover was that bad i hope and pray this place closes soon.

dont go Dec 11, 2013

Avoid this place it's the worst place i have ever worked at, to begin with the first 2 weeks i was there we did not receive paychecks because they were having issues seriously? To make it worse the place had bugs, no tp, no soap or paper towels, on top of that no cleaning supplies to clean your head set that you had to share with other people. This place is so racist if you were white you were constantly being watched, if you went to the restroom too many times you were warned, but if your black it was ok, as for the strict dress code? Please! I saw so many women wearing tight clothes leaving nothing to the imagination it would make me sick to my stomach, not to mention the way the so called LADIES would try to hit on one of the male leads thank goodness he took it all in stride. The supervision was horrible they made you feel so stupid and worthless there was one supervisor i saw take 2 girls aside and berate them so much they were in tears but then again they were white so go figure, as for the training give me a break 2 days then they put you on the phones and god forbid if you made a mistake because nobody showed you how to do it correctly in the first place you would get wrote up about it. As for benefits NADA! You never had a consistent schedule only if you were one of the SPECIAL ones, sometimes they would accidently forget to give you a break or even a lunch and they would wonder why people had attitudes? Really?

• St
    starla3 Dec 15, 2013

Yes, they played that favorites game when I was there as well! I had my schedule change four times from the time I started! First I was 8a to 5p which was perfect, but behold they changed that as soon as we were in training for a week! Then it was 1p to 10p which those hours wouldnt work to well for me and my family, out of desperation for a check, I stuck it out for about 2 months! Then I got used to that schedule, then I was approached by a supervisor saying due to changes we have to change hours so I asked if I could have the 8a to 5p again since it worked best, was told no we don't have that shift available right now? So, I was forced into a 11a to 7p schedule which was a little more reasonable than the 1p to 10p! So, next day I asked a girl working there who started the same time as I did if what schedule she was on, she got the 8a to 5p??? I was ticked off! They lied to my face, and I asked her how she got those hours, she said they tried to give her the same as they did me, but she told them it was impossable for her to work evenings, I said the same to them and they said to me "well you will just have to work the hours we give you or leave"! So they in fact have their favorites! I agree on the dress code, I think professional dress code means business atire, not prostitution wear! I almost vomited in my mouth numerous times because there were gals wearing bras that were 100x's too small boobs floppin everywhere, just ghetto style, they looked like the pictures you see on people of walmart.com or crack ho's! They had a supervisor there who looked like dog the bounty hunter, with trampy looking clothes, and high heels she could barley walk in, that place is nasty! Alot of women get confused as jezzys is across the street, lol! But Jezzys wouldnt let those trahy looking gals work there! When I would go to work, the song put your clothes back on, take yourself on home played in my head! What are these people thinking? There were some pretty big girls in dresses that were let's say they need glasses to read the size they should be wearing there were fat rolls hanging out everywhere and they thought they looked good! It was nasty!

• La
    ladyshaggy Feb 07, 2014

Never again will i let my eagerness allow me to work for a company that don't care about their employees.This place should be closed down!!they have us calling people on do not call list and givng them a spill that it don't apply to us! wtf! and then all they want is for you to get them to a screener they can be crippled, hard of hearing, and blind they don't care!and when you have finally had enough of the bull**** they want to deny you unemployment they just lie, lie, lie! this is absolutely the worse place to ever work for i wish there was a way or i knew how to get them turned in for ethics, moral and anything else i can think of! I repeat DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY IT IS A SHAM!!!

• Yes he cannot look you in the eye, a total fake

• No he cannot look you in the eye...

• Na
    NA! Jul 23, 2015

THE MOST unprofessional, unethical, stressful place to be. Last Fall, our CSR's were told that we would have benefits available to enroll in at the start of 2015; benefits being a brand new concept to the company. It's now July, almost August and according to other reps, there's no sign of them locking in a company to offer benefits. This company does not promote internal candidates to other positions like Supervisor. Instead, they hire externally for those roles and doesn't tell anyone in the call center that a position that like is available; same goes for any position that is open in the company.

Lack of communication is present as you just read, and that's just one example. Any type of concern or question we had for a Supervisor is answered with an excuse as to why things are the way they are, no other explanation. We have 3 different departments and I worked in the mortgage department. From my experience, I was constantly hounded because I wasn't reading the script verbatim when the scripts we read are either too long, too corny and unbelievable to the recipient, and at times deceitful in order to receive credit for the transfer. As a rep, you have a better idea of what works and what doesn't. In order to be successful here, your calls need to be personable, which the supervisors don't welcome. If you have ideas to improve your calls, improve the calls of others, or help the company succeed, those aren't welcome either; blown off, our way or the highway type scenario, even though it would benefit everyone, the management simply don't care, and that's half the problem.

Additionally, their autodialers call the same numbers and hounds the callers several times a day. The dialer also doesn't recognize numbers that are on the National Do Not Call Registry. If your bilingual, they won't allow you to take calls of another language because they would have to pay them more and they don't have anyone on their Quality Control team that can interpret the conversation between caller and CSR. No food or and cell phones allowed on the floor unless your a Supervisor...I guess. B.S. type of thing, my opinion, even though they have a land line phone next to their desk, they choose to text or Facebook from their phone Supervisors text, take personal calls, and Facebook; is this an example of leading with ethics and intgrity? When you tell your reps that they can't eat or play with their phone at their desk, yet you as a Supervisor is doing it? That's an example of unethical. CSR's aren't allowed on the internet due to potential viruses if one stumbles across specific sites; however it doesn't apply to Supervisors who look at sports reports, Youtube music videos, restaurant menu's and the news and weather; again unethical. CSR's are given broken, dirty, dusty, squeaky chairs, many of which sit much below the level of your keyboard and monitor. The pay grade changed from $8/hr your first 2 weeks, to $8/hr your first 3 months before jumping to $10/hr.

Management do not lead with Ethics and Integrity. For example, if you worked here in 2014, you've could've heard one of our Management Staff tell their CSR's that they are only a number. This person also embarrassed a lady by telling her in front of other CSR's that if her back affects her production that he would fire her. How about the management firing an employee for having a seizure prior to coming into work and ran late to work because of it? That has happened and the reason for the firing was because Kansas is an "at-will" state and we can fire you for anything; didn't give the seizure and running late the actual reasoning for the termination. Don't even think about putting your 2 week notice in here either, they'll terminate you on the spot.

We have had a Supervisor hook up with a CSR, a member of upper Management form a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship with their former office coworker while they were still employed with the company, which is still going strong today.

To recap; No benefits, $8/hr pay your first 3 months, also no vacation time off, no incentives, Supervisors can eat at their desk and Facebook on their phone, but yet CSR's are given a final written warning for these if they are caught?

If there is one positive I can take away from being here is the reps are very nice and accommodating.

DeAndre Menefee Oct 22, 2015

To be honest I think Anomaly Squared is great...yes you have your ups and downs but that's life in general you learn to get over the hurdle and win the race.
    Hard work pays off in the end so if your doing your job showing up on time and not calling in you will be awarded trust me... De'Andre' Menefee Sky's the Limit!!!

DeAndre Menefee Oct 22, 2015

At first I was unsure about the job like most people when we first start a new job...then day 1 past and day 2 came meaning I accepted the challenge.. I just really like meeting new people and working around people who strive to be the best that's what keeps me inspired to be on top of my game and I promise you NO!!! Anomaly is not paying me anything to say this. I just really enjoy going to work each day I walk in with a smile and leave with a smile and if you don't believe me just ask about me De'Andre Menefee I even made a song about working for Anomaly Classic Young Holllywood!!!

NotMyRealName24 Nov 18, 2015

Let me start by saying Deandre, above, is an excellent employee to which all CSR's can and should aspire to be like. However, Anomaly Squared is not a place most people would want to work. CSR's are generally treated like immature, incompetent buffoons. Craig (the vice president) says it to their faces as much as he says it behind their backs. He doesn't care one bit about the reps...his motto is "everyone is replaceable." Craig's ridiculous antics, bipolar attitude, train-wreck personal life (which spills over into the work place every day) and general lack of caring for other human beings will ultimately run the business into the ground...it's just a matter of time.

It is true that certain supervisors sit on their cell phones all day or surf the internet, while I have seen CSR's fired for so much as reading a book in between calls. Everyone knows which supervisors are guilty. It reflects horribly on them and Not all the supervisors are bad, though. Daneil Nickel is a wonderful leader who genuinely cares about her team and wants to see them succeed. She is the picture of professionalism and integrity, and I don't honestly know what keeps her there, because she is so much better than that junk-hole.

Acurian is the project most people are interested in working on, but it has so many major issues they can't even hire new people for it. The ones they do have are regularly sent home early or asked to not even bother coming in. The mortgage side is basically telemarketing, and I don't know *ANYONE* who enjoys doing it. It is true there are no benefits, and the pay is absolutely terrible, especially when you aren't getting any hours. You could make more flipping burgers at McDonald's, and probably be treated with a lot more dignity and respect.

John Lucier Feb 05, 2016

Just wanted to say I fully approve of any dress code that states, implies, suggests etc. that female employees should dress like hookers. C'mon now you do want us to talk to you, right?

DeAndre Menefee May 28, 2016

Anomaly was a great learning experience.. Although Im not employed there any longer I have respect..DeAndre Menefee...and now I can see who my real friends are...

DeAndre Menefee May 28, 2016

Anomaly greatest job to work for.. Colleen supervisor on Acurian and Miss Pat at the front desk are best..Craig good..

• Gu
    Gu3ssWh0 Aug 12, 2016

Things are a little better than the previous complaints. They actually offer benefits now and they were in the process of promoting a CSR to a manager when I left. I was doing well on the phones, the managers all liked how I was doing my job, but there were definitely a lot of issues. When you disposition a call, most dispositions are supposed to make it to where you don't call the person again, but they don't work. You're constantly calling the same people over and over, but you're not supposed to let that stop you from transferring them to the loan officer on Freedom Mortgage. Craig gave us a pep talk about how our work is meaningful, rates are low, we're helping people save money, you don't know if they've talked to our loan officers or someone else so don't give up when they say they've already talked to us. There was one call I got where I asked the customer if I was speaking to the right person, and he replied "is this Freedom Mortgage??". Finally one day I just didn't have the gumption to go any more... I was too depressed about going to work to leave the house, but they'll have no trouble bringing in new people. I should've known something was wrong, most places don't talk to you for 30 minutes, hire you on the spot, and start you in 3 days. On top of it being outright depressing since you're not allowed to do anything in between calls, I have seen bed bugs crawling on the cubicles, and that's just plain disgusting. You have to be logged in 10 minutes before your shift, only get 10 minute breaks (which is an OSHA violation) and 30 minute lunches, and have almost no control over your schedule. Don't work here...you'll regret it