Amerilife Financial Groupwas told had to send $787.50 in order to secure $5000 loan

K

I was contacted on July 24, 2008 by a Greogory Walsh claiming to be with Amerilife Financial Group he told me I had been approved for a $5, 000 loan for 8.5% for 36 months and my payments would be $157.60 per month and did this sound good to me and could I afford this per month, I said yes, he then told me to not worry about writing this all down everything would be in the info he faxed to me. Then he proceeded to tell me in order for this to be sent to me I would have to pay them a total of $787.50 as a down payment b/c my credit score was not so good and the lender would be taking a high risk by loaning me this money, so this would be my payment for the next 6 months and I would not have to start paying on the loan until Jan 09. Well a red flag kind of went up after this, so I asked ok you want me to send you $787.50 in order to borrow $5000? He said yes that is correct I said well I don't have $787.50 if I did I would not need to borrow any money now. He said well you can get it from a cash advance, friends, family, etc. and then after you wire us the money it will be deposited into your account in the next 24hrs and you can pay it back. I told him I could not do it and he said well you have 2 weeks from today if you change your mind. After this I went on all kinds of websites trying to verify their info from their phone number and name and could not find anything then I found this page showing complaints had been listed with their so called company and people had been scammed. I was smart enough not to get caught into it this time I just don't want other people to be taken in by this company as so many people are.