Resolved Amadeus Home Music SchoolRipped off

I set up lessons with Amadeus in July 2008 for my three kids. Teachers were supposed to call me the week before August 22 to set up lesson times. No teacher EVER called. Each time I called or e mailed Diane I was assured that a teacher would call me within a few days. Diane's usually involve something like the teachers were so busy making up lessons from the summer, but for sure they would call soon. What a bunch of crap. No teacher ever called, no services were ever rendered. My requests for a refund have been met by total silence. I have given up and turned my claim over to Bank of America, Visa, and the Attorney General's offices in NY and NJ. Don't use this service, they are thieves.

music educator's friend Oct 15, 2008

Amadeus Home Music School complaint:

"I signed my grandson up for music lessens Dec 2007, no lessons. I have called and called and here it is Oct 2008 and no refund. Do not use these people. They are scam artists. They have a Customer service contact number on their web site. Call it and you get answered by a recording and will never get a call back so don't waste your time. If you have money to throw away here is the place to do it. They stay in business because of fools like me. Hear one and all don't be a fool and pay money with out checking them out."

This is just one of several I have found in just a few minutes on Google... search string: 'Amadeus School of Music review"

I was contacted by them to become one of their teachers for the central Ohio area. I have yet to be paid after 7 lessons (supposedly would be paid after every four lessons.) My confidence level in them has plummeted especially after finding these bad reviews. I am now discussing a Class Action with my attorney and asking all victims of this scam to sign up.

• Gi
    Gigi Oct 23, 2008

OMG!!! Same thing happened to me. Diane kept telling me that the teachers are busy with other students, that they are backed up. So I told her that i would like to canc ell my contract and want my money back, she told me she can't do anything, then hanged up the phone on me!!! I am so mad because my son wants to learn violin so much that the Amadeus School just ripped him off. We should have a class action with this company!!!

jane ligrani Oct 28, 2008

The exact same thing has happened to me in the last 2 months...I cannot get a call back from anyone at Amadeus.
    I wish I would have seen this before I gave them my credit card.

• Am
    Amadeus Consumer Oct 30, 2008

Amadeus Home School is the best! Contrary to what some people in this forum may have experienced, my impressions are great. Not only did they send a violin teacher on a holiday but when we failed to show up for one of our appointments, Amadeus did not charge us anything and even called back to offer us discount if we use the teacher for more than one month. Our son has some experience playing the violin so I think they were concerned that we'd think the price is high. But the price is very reasonable and after we used them for 3 months, our kid plays much better. His school band teacher is thrilled with his progress. Great job Amadeus Home School!

Music mom Oct 30, 2008

Another thumbs up for Amadeus Home School! I have been using them for the last 2 years sporadically and have generally been very pleased with both their service and prices. I tried some of their competitors and was less than impressed. The complaints posted on this site apply very well to some of those competitors, which I am not going to name so that I don't get accused of finger pointing. Basically, we started using Amadeus back in the fall of 2006 b/c my daughter wanted to learn the piano. Amadeus sent us actually several teachers to find out who works best with our child and only started charging us per hour AFTER we settled on using one of the teachers. I don't know of any schools our there that will send 4 teachers one after the other for free just to figure out what works best for your child. After about 3 months our daughter started a foreign language class and we had to limit the music lessons to one per week instead of the usual three. So Amadeus offered to have the teacher come on the weekend so there is more time to play the instrument and ensure that our daughter's skills do not languish due to the reduced exposure. Guess how much extra we had to pay? Zero, nada. Amadeus would rather have us as a customer and get the same payment for using more of their teacher's time than lose us altogether when we said we can't do any more weekday lessons due to our daughter's language lessons. Other people here have expressed disappointment but there are always at least two sides to every story and this is mine - Amadeus Home School is a great service at a great price!

Music mom Oct 30, 2008

Got here by referral. A friend found this page and directed me to it. I want to say something in defense of Amadeus Music School. They have been great to our community. We live in Charlotte, NC and Amadeus has been helping us with our community band. Most of us are in our 40s and 50s and we have some music experience but we wanted to join a state competition and our existing skills at the time were nowhere enough. So we contacted Amadeus and requested a 3-month gig consisting of guitar lessons, piano lessons and flute lessons. At the time, we were told by lots of people that flute teachers are so hard to come by that even if Amadeus manages to find one we can use we should expect to pay a ridiculous price. Well, not only did they find 4 flute teachers for us but also charged us their base rate. The flute teachers ended up being cheaper that the 2 guitar teachers. Thank you Amadeus Music School!
    Finally, I'd like to point out that I have friends in NJ and NY area and they say that Amadeus' service is even better there given that it's closer to their headquarters. Just like one of the previous comments said, if you are close to their HQ you can apparently get teachers on weekends and holidays at no extra price. I have not used their teachers in the NJ and NY areas but the ones they contracted in NC were simply great! Professional, patient and willing to go the extra step and teach some stubborn adults:-)

• Da
    Dawn Nov 08, 2008

THEY ARE SCAM ARTIST!!! I applied to Amadeus for my children to receive music lessons at home. I received a phone call discussing my children's needs, their instruments of choice to locate a suited teacher for both of them, as well as the payment having to be paid a minimum of eight weeks in advance. I paid two months in advance debited from my Credit Card Sept. 1, 08 in the amount of $880.00. On Sept.2, 08 I received a "thank you for working with Amadeus" email from a Diana Efre, Client/Teacher Relations with an attachment of a contract. It also listed my fee as being "paid". ON THE SAME DAY, September 2, 08, I replied to the email address Diana used, requesting a cancellation of music lessons and a refund of my $880.00. Sometime within 48 hrs, I received a voicemail with someone telling me that a check will be in the mail. I waited for a few days searching my mail, but no check. I called again-left a few msgs. I wrote a few more follow up emails, but nothing. Someone did return my call, but now it's been approximately a week to two weeks later when this person tells me that they thought this was taken care of and I told them I will give them ten more business days. Please note, they are only in New Jersey and mail doesn't run longer than two days if they would've dropped it in the mail. After those ten days were up, I still hadn't received a Check nor was the refund credited back onto my card. My most recent attempt to date has been my FedExing a letter to two separate addresses in hopes of receiving a response. One was un-deliverable and the other showed as being "delivered" to the Sparta, NJ address. FedEx delivered on October 6, 2008. I did not receive a phone call after delivery, nor another phone call prior to me over-nighting a letter, attaching the email correspondences, and copy of contract as a reference. A Refund Check could have been received to date after the Oct. 6th delivery, as again we are all in "New Jersey". It's now Nov. 8, 08 and I still have NOT received my refund. I can’t believe you people would actually think they deserve any kind of recommendations! Be thankful they didn’t burn you out of YOUR money, as they did me and my family's.

• El
    Elmine van den Berg Nov 15, 2008

DON'T USE THEM!!!

AMY, DIANE and RICHARD are thieves. I have been waiting since September 30th 2008 now to recieve my money back. So all I can do is call them thieves as well since they don't bother to contact me.

GOD is our ultimate judge. No matter how much education they might have muscially, GOD might just take that away from them for cheating people like this. I pray that GOD will work on their hearts, and GOD will give them the justice they deserve.

Amy, Diane, Richard, be careful how you treat people cuz you have families too and you have no idea how justice will be done.

M. Eppolito Nov 17, 2008

The people who wrote the positive reviews on this board are employed by Amadeus Home Music, etc. Another observation one might make are the countless website addresses this company uses to attain new business. A Google search reveals there are several listings for this school, all with different website addresses. It is apparent that its owners are highly immoral and unethical. You will not be able to catch the named representatives of this firm that they may have a chance to deny this.

• Te
    T. Epperson Nov 17, 2008

Amadeus Home Music School is a complete scam. I, too, have been duped into registering my child for voice lessons, paying money upfront, only to be delayed for 60 days from the time of payment until I said enough. To date, I have received NO refund, have received NO reply to emails or voice mails. Their phone number is always busy. While the concept is a great one, this group of people are liars who have no teachers on retainer to teach your child anything other than the art of ripping off people who want to enrich their lives with music.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY !!

I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and disputed the charges on my credit card.

• Um
    uma Nov 18, 2008

Hi i faced the problem, thay got the full amount for my keyboard lesson.But they didnt pay my Instructor till.I dont know what to do?I m planning to complaint against them .If others are ready to do, can we file together against them.Lets try to stop those thieves.

sanalk Nov 25, 2008

We paid for guitar lessons in Jun 2008 and one teacher turned up. This guy said our son is too young. They were supposed to send another person but nobody turned up till date (Nov 25, 2008). I am asking for my money back but I suspect this is going to be a difficult process. I should have checked this site earlier!

• Sk
    Skip Walker Nov 28, 2008

Please, before doing business with this company, take a moment and review the info at the Better Business Bureau at: http://newjersey.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=89&bbb=0221&firm=27003613

I am in the middle of a horror story with these people. We contracted for 16 weeks of lessons form my grandniece in Aug 2008. Never happened. No teacher ever tried to call. All the above stories match mine. I am trying to get $1040 for the lessons. I feel like a chump.

• Sk
    Skip Walker Dec 06, 2008

ATTENTION: Anyone interested in filing criminal charges against the owners of Amedeus Home Music, please email me at [email protected]

They are headquarted in Sparta NJ. I plan on contacting the local police dept and filing a complaint. The more people that pursue this, the more likely that they will take this seriously. I also plan on contacting the local TV staions to see who has the consumer watch reporters. I am sure Heath and his buddies will love to have a news camera outside their offices and home.

• Ba
    bad_music Dec 22, 2008

Same story here. The violin class never started this is a scam and we should definitely do something. Do yourself a favor think twice before use them.

• Lu
    Lucretia Dec 23, 2008

Unfortunately, I join the majority in their opinion of these thieving scam artists - Judging by the comments posted here, I can kiss any hope for a refund goodbye. My story: I paid up front for guitar lessons. Our "teacher" was reliable at first, then cancelled and "doubled" the lesson times on numerous occasions. Our "teacher" was actually a forklift operator moonlighting and had no formal schooling. I wanted my son to learn to read music and the chords. Neither was ever taught. What was taught, were some heavy metal tunes. Most of the lessons consisted of my son watching the teacher play away on my son's own guitar. We did develop a relationship with this "teacher" and being ignorant of the art of music teaching, I naively re-enrolled for another course at 880.00 About three months into the roller coaster ride of lesson rescheduling, Our "teacher" became very unreliable, cancelling last minute 4 weeks in a row. When I called to ask for another teacher, I was assured one would be provided. Alas, The one provided was even more unreliable and never even made it at all. The second reason left on my answering machine for cancelling was: "I forgot I have a gig in Manhattan tonight, maybe we can get together next week.
    Enraged and frustrated, I spoke with Donna (who seems to serve in the capacity of kindly jerking people off) who assured me that she would speak to "Jason" (who I am now certain is fictional) and I would be satisfied with their "solution". About 2 weeks and 6 emails from me later, Donna left an extremely long and sad story on my voicemail at work: "Now I really know why Joe (the latest loser no show "teacher") didn't show, It turns out his mother is very sick and dying in California and he moved back so that explains why he could'nt make it to you" HUH????? That's my sad story, I am owed money, haven't been contacted and join those who would be interested in putting these thugs out of business.

• We
    wendy Dec 30, 2008

Sure wish I would have found this web site before signing any contract w/Amedeus!!! Same thing happened to me as many of you, signed contract and paid in full (should have known better!) on Sept 12th. Music teacher was to contact me on Oct. 9th for piano lessons for myself & daughter, Donna was my contact who kept telling me that teachers were behind. Losing patience and confidence I requested for a refund in Nov. It is now Dec. 30th and No refund!!!

How can we stop these scam artists????????

• Lu
    Lucretia Dec 31, 2008

Just to let you know, I've filed a report with the Better Business Bureau. Good Luck -

• Fi
    Fire Jan 14, 2009

Those who paid by credit card please be careful.I disputed thru my credit card companyand got the money back.Not the full amount.Reduced amount for the 2 classes eventhough my instuctor didnt get paid for.After some days they sent a letter to my bank stating that I didnt cancel the classes before 24hrs.It violated thier policy.Even to talk about thier service also they are not picking thier calls.Its going to voice mails directly.How can i cancel the class?I dont know what to do.Now they took the money back what I got thru the dispute.so whoever gave thier credit card number please be careful.

• We
    wendy Jan 15, 2009

Hi Lucretia!
    I also had filed a complaint w/the BBB, they have had no response from the company and forwarded me over to the N.J. State office of consumer protection.
    To make matters worse, we found a NEW charge of $544.00 from Amedeus to our Credit card just yesterday! Donna does call me back and assured me that there is a glitch in there system and that charge will be taken off our credit card!? We are currently disputing (now both charges) with are credit card!
    Warning to all of you; if this company still has your credit card info, cancel it!!!
    THIS IS JUST CRAZY! they have now scammed a total of $1584.00!

• Ra
    Ramon Miguez Jan 22, 2009

I signed up for piano lessons back in October of 2008. I was charged $544.00 for classes that were supposed to start two weeks later. After waiting longer than the two weeks, someone by the name of Richard, phone # 954-684-9565, who would not give me his last name, called me and told me he lived in Fort Lauderdale and for him to come to Miami he needed to find another student in the area. I waited for two more weeks to hear from him and, when I realized that time was passing and no one was calling me, I called him back and again he gave me an excuse. I wrote to Diana and got a very nice apology and was told they were trying to find a teacher for me. Finally, I heard from Donna Exposito, who said she was in the process of getting a new teacher. Meanwhile, I was paying interest on the charge that appeared on my credit card on October 23, 2008. I started calling and writing them e-mails and didn't hear from them until this morning when Donna called to tell me how sorry she was. This only happened after I sent an e-mail to Donna and Diana informing them I was contacting the BBB and the Atorney General . I guess I was lucky, I did get a refund credited to my account on January 12, 2009. I honestly feel very disappointed and would advise anyone considering this school to be extremely careful; they seem to have scammed many people. By the way, I told Donna when she called to read all the complaints posted on Google. She was very surprised that she had been singled out by some people who gaot the same bad service I got. As a matter of fact, she hung up on me while I was talking to her. Extremely poor public relations manners. Be very very careful in dealing with this people. I would not advise anyone to use them. Stay away from Amadeus School of Music. Ramon

• To
    tom Feb 01, 2009

We, too, have had problems with these people. We signed our kid up for 16 lessons. The lessons were fine, but we decided that we would not renew. I called Beverley, and she indicated that renewals were not automatic, and that there was no action on our part necessary NOT to renew. She then sends me an email dated 1/30 asking if we would like to renew (again stating that renewals were not automatic). The only thing is, they charged my card for a renewal on 1/27---three days before she sent the note. Unbelievable...

• Sn
    SNF Feb 12, 2009

Same thing happened to me with my credit card. Only had 4 lessons with my child (they found the teacher through Craig's List); they have charged $832. every month for 2 months. Now I am disputing these charges on my Visa and had to cancel the charges. They did however call back to say there's a glitch, etc...
    Thieves.

• Ny
    nyc2009 Feb 19, 2009

I was offered a job with this company to be a teacher recruiter. It seemed almost legit, but then things started getting weird. I was interviewed at a restaurant by Michael Lawson, the "CEO." He claimed to have degrees from just about every music school you can think of "Oh, I went to Juilliard..." then three seconds later "Then I graduated from Mannes..." and then "Back when I was at Manhattan School of Music...after I was at Berklee" He couldn't seem to get his story straight. He was also waaay too slick and seemed to have the perfect answer to any question I asked. Anyway, he basically offered me the job on the spot, and since I was pretty desperate for work, I told him it sounded great and to give it to me in writing.

So a few days later, he did. It was the most poorly written, insane "contract" I've ever seen. He wanted a 30 year non-compete. 30 years!!! The offer letter had more typos than I can count. It was a work-from-home position and it was to be a 1099 tax situation, but when I asked him about it, he kept saying he'd "work it out" for me so that I didn't have to pay taxes. I believe that people who have their taxes "worked out" typically go to jail.

The whole situation smelled fishier than a can of tuna, so I sent him a letter politely declining the offer. I never heard from him again.

All of these claims don't surprise me in the least. I really wanted it to be legit, but some little voice inside of me was screaming "RUN AWAY" and I'm so glad I did. I truly feel for all of you who have been scammed. Best of luck to all of you in getting your money back.

ANorm Feb 20, 2009

I am fighting a similar fight with Amadeus. They promised high quality, formally trained professionals. They sent me two teachers who my daughter could play circles around. Then I started noticing additional charges on my credit card. We've filed fraud charges. Anyone have an address we can contact them with? They conveniently left it off their web site as well as any names.

• So
    soapy Feb 23, 2009

I am a teacher for amadeus home music school. I was independantly contracted and I have 2 students through them. First of all, let me start off by saying I had posted an ad on craigs list stating that I was available to teach private lessons ( I am a qualified teacher, who has been teaching for over 8 years, has a bachelors degree in music performance, and I am a certified music teacher in CT, I am a band director) in the summer, because I needed a side job. Anyway, I got a response from a "Jason" with Amadeus, who is the VP of hiring. I had to sign a contract stating I wouldn't take on the students I get from them on my own. Fine, I didn't mind. It all goes down hill from here.

They tell the teachers that they pay you after you have completed 4 lessons, so, if I had a student that signed up for 16, I would get paid after the 4th, 8th, 12th, and 16th. Well, the first check I received from them was fine, and on time. The second check, I was told would be in around the end of September, I emailed them, called them, and they kept beating around the bush, stating that, " Payroll hasn't processed our request yet, etc..." Finally, I told them after 3 weeks that I was not going to my lessons until I was paid, because, as much as I liked my students, I don't like not being paid for services rendered. Anyway, after "threatining" them with that, they fedex'd my check to me. Very unacceptable. It gets even worse.

I received a call from one of my student's mom and she said that they "automatically" renued her for another 16 lessons. They asked her if she wanted to first, then she said, well, I want to talk to the teacher first to see what he thinks. They went ahead and did it anyway. We both talked about how "shaddy" that kind of business is. Well, turns out, we are ALMOST done with our intial 16 lessons and will be moving to the next series of lessons she purchased. They charged her for 3-4 more 16 lessons on her credit card. She keeps calling them and they wont return her calls. AND, on top of it all, they still haven't paid me for 8 lessons I have completed. Something about this company needs to be done.

• Sw
    sweetMusic Mar 05, 2009

I was hired last year to be one of the music teachers there, not only did they just hire me on the spot, they gave me a contract that didnt even look legit. I contacted my lawyers and they said it was a legitimate company. Boy were they more wrong. After I was placed with a student, I found out that I was to teach them for 8 lessons, and that after every four I would get a paycheck for my services rendered. When I called the student, they told me they were waiting for weeks for the teacher to call, yet I did my part of the job and called hours after I received their info. It took the company 3 months to pay me for 8 lessons. Then I told them I was not going to do anymore lessons for them. They called me recently and I needed the money so I signed on again, why?? Im still figuring it out... they signed on for 16 lessons. I figured that I would do it, and when the money came, I would be ok. NOT. Ugh!!! We are on our 8th lesson, I have yet to receive ANY check, no gas compensation, and to find out they have triple charged the family for the lessons. They MADE them pay ahead of time, and apparently it took 6 weeks for the family to receive a phone call from a teacher. When I got their info, I called that afternoon. I have yet to get my money and they have been charged over $2400!!!
    From a teacher point of view, DO NOT SIGN UP OR GET HIRED BY THIS COMPANY.
    EVER!!! IT IS NOT WORTH IT
    IF YOU WANT MUSIC LESSONS, CONTACT YOUR FINE ARTS DIRECTOR IN THE SCHOOL DISTRICT YOUR IN!!
    I keep getting the effin run around and how it takes 7-10 for things to be processed
    YEAH RIGHT!!
    NEVER AGAIN!!!

**they are giving mozart a bad name!**

• Cr
    Crystal Mar 13, 2009

I worked for them, and things got totally out of hand -- they grew too quick and couldn't handle everything, and they let me go.
    My understanding is that they are closing down, and have asked everyone to reverse the charges on their Credit Cards or call in and get a direct credit.
    My friend in the company told me they want to resolve EVERYTHING, and that they feel bad about it.
    Here is the number they told me to call: 646 345 3170

• Le
    Lee Mar 15, 2009

In January 09, I signed my daughter up for 8 guitar lessons and initially, all went well. I would contact the 800 number and would immediately get someone on the other line. But once the lessons started, I quickly realized that this company is nothing more then a scam. I noticed several unauthorized charges on my credit card by Home Art School..aka Amadeus. Figuring it was an innocent mistake, I tried contacting the company and left several messages but nobody returned my calls. I've now been over charged by $1500 and have filed a complaint and cancelled my credit card. My friend who also signed up for 8 lessons was over charged b $2000 and also had to cancel his credit card and file a complaint. This company is a scam, I would avoid at all cost or at the very least don't give them your credit card information!

• Ju
    Just Katie Mar 17, 2009

For everyone reading and researching Amadeus home music School (http://www.music-housecalls.com/)... this shady company has changed it's name to "Allegro Home Music School" (http://home-music-school.com/) to avoid bad press. Same company, same shady people who are always full of excuses and are going to keep ripping people off. Take a look at both websites... "my how similar".

Fair warning for those who haven't contacted this company yet, DO so at your own risk. What the rest of these people are saying is "fact". If you already signed up, cancel your credit card asap or risk being over charged and never refunded. Also IF keep in mind that even IF you've paid that your teacher is subject to cancel lessons due to non payment... you'll still be out! Out of lessons or monies, either way - deal with this company at your own risk.

• Fo
    former employee Mar 24, 2009

I worked for them, and genuinely loved my job of hiring music teachers. I loved placing talented, qualified teachers with students and following up with them to see that they were a good match. Such a rewarding job. Then I started to receive calls that students' credit cards were being triple and quadruple charged. For a week straight I received around ten calls- the students were calling me because no one in the company was returning their calls or helping them. When I asked about this I was told by the "VP" that it was the fault of Heartland, their credit card processing company that was hacked into at the end of 08. This made no sense since hackers who steal credit card numbers are most likely planning to buy things for themselves, not more music lessons for other people. When I called Heartland they verified this as well. The next week I did not receive my paycheck. When I asked about it I did not receive an answer for four days. I finally was told by the VP that he would "pass my message on to the payroll department." I didn't receive an answer for two more days and told them I wouldn't be doing anymore work until I knew where my check was, when he immediately wrote me an email saying that I was terminated and my services would no longer be needed. My supervisor was let go that same day. Three weeks later I still have not received my check. This is a disgusting, heinous practice that I'm appalled hasn't been shut down by the authorities. They're ripping people off, and they need to be held accountable for their actions.

Meghan W. Elkins Mar 25, 2009

I just checked the info "Just Katie" has provided and both companies have the same person on the voicemail! Donna Esperansa or some such last name. I left a message asking her how come she is on the voicemail for BOTH companies? We are on to them!

I am a former teacher of Amadeus and am disgusted with all this. I am owed over $600.00 from past lessons and the checks I have recently deposited to my bank will most likely bounce, according to "former employee" in not receiving a paycheck 3 weeks ago! It's tough enough in this economy to try to make a living!

Please note that many people swindled out of their money can get it credited back if they talk to their banks and credit cards. Please try! I know of former clients who have been able to do this! Who knows, maybe Amadeus/Allegro is a big red flag on cyberspace! get the word out!!

• Yd
    ydumfries Mar 25, 2009

I did know that they are thieves! I spent $464.oo for my sons guitar lessons for summer 2008. I was told that all teachers are too busy and they will call me back. When summer passed I called for refund, they assure me that they send me a refund. I waited 6 month, silence. No refund, no anwers to my emails and phone calls. What should I do?

Jane Mar 26, 2009

I also signed my daughter up for voice lessons. Initially, I received services. I got concerned when her teacher told me she wasn't getting paid from Amadeus. She resigned and I no longer used their services. They charged my charge card twice a total of 12 voice lessons that weren't received. I made phone call after phone call to Donna and others. Finally, after reporting them to the BBB I received a refund months later. The case was closed in December 2008. A WORD TO THE WISE CHANGE YOUR CHARGE CARD NUMBER. I just got charged again in March !!!MONTHS LATER. Check your credit card bills!!! I called the BBB and re-opened my claim. They new the companies name without me giving it to them. They have close to 100 claims against them since January. They have an F rating. They will kicked out of the BBB peviously, cleaned up their records and now have claims against them again.Oh and Donna told me they had a computer gliche. I made the mistake of not getting a new card issued. Shame on me. CANCEL YOU CREDIT CARD AND GET A NEW NUMBER. CALL YOU CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND PUT A HOLD ON THE CHARGES. CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD AND CHECK TO SEE IF YOU OVERLOOKED CHARGES.

• Sf
    sfried01 Apr 03, 2009

Same story once again. I was in the process of signing up my son for piano lessons. I gave them my credit card number (big mistake). I saw this message board prior to signing the contract and therefore never signed it and never sent it in. I was still charged for $460. My credit card company was able to retrieve the money and credited my account. Now it is 3 months later, and my credit card was just charged for another $544. I have closed my credit card account, informed by credit card company of the fraud (who are trying to resolve it again), filed a complaint through the BBB, and I have contacted a news station (who is researching the story and considering running it).

There are three positive comments on this website regarding Amadeus Home Music School; funny how all of them are written on the same day. No doubt that was done by someone who works for them.

AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS!!!

Meghan W. Elkins Apr 03, 2009

Attention all former and current teachers:

Protect your SSN#!! Hire a company to protect your identity. If Amadeus has your SSN#-which this is the only way to pay you-they have mine, I advise you contact an indentity protection organisation so your SSN# will be protected. I used Debix.com and it was only $24.00 a year. I signed immediately because so many clients are onto Amadeus, they might start scamming through our SSN# to try to steal more money. Protect yourselves!

Contact you local Dept of Labor to report not receiving wages for services rendered. Also, contact your Attorney general's office and the Dept of Consumer Affairs. Get the word out. I have also reported them to the IRS for Fraud since I have not received a 1099-MISC for 2008 from them.

Also check channel 11 in New York tonight-Friday April 3. There will be a segment on this fraudulent company. 10:00 Eastern time.

Good luck to you all!

• Fo
    former appalled employee Apr 04, 2009

Amadeus = Allegro Home Music School
    Owner Michael Lawson is now trying to squeak by without paying refunds, owing thousands of dollars to teachers and charging unexpected students multiple times on their credit cards. He is a fraudulent business man that should go to jail. He is now trying to start up the same company with a different name. Be aware that Amadeus Home Music School, www. home-music-school is still the same bad dude wearing a different hat.

• Am
    ampm Apr 07, 2009

*CLASS ACTION*
    We are all victims of Amadeus. They got me, a PA resident, for a $440.00 unauthorised charge on 3-3-09. i am looking into a class action. if you are interested in joining us, the many, e-mail me at ([email protected]) with the date they ripped you off, how much they got, what state you live in, and your e-mail address. if we can get enough of us together on this, we can make a difference and put not only Amadeus, but their new school "Allegro", out of business as well. Yes, they continue to do this scam under a new name, with our money! I look forward to hearing from you. your friend, [email protected]

• Aa
    aaaaaa Apr 07, 2009

an email from a teacher:

"Hi all,

I just received the attached e-mail today from an ex-hiring coordinator of Amadeus Home Music School. At the beginning of this year, I had a hunch that something wasn't right with the way Amadeus runs their "business", but what I've forwarded you definitely confirms that hunch.

To make a long story short, I and several other teachers through Amadeus have been duped into teaching classes with no payment for our services. Worse, all of my students through Amadeus have had their contracts renewed, being charged double, even triple their initial amounts without consent. Please contact your credit card company immediately, if you haven't already, and put a block on Amadeus charging your account, or better yet, you may want to consider cancelling the card altogether. If you wish, you can try contacting Amadeus for a refund - but I've had no luck with getting in touch with anybody via e-mail or phone.

I'm in a tough spot, because even though this is not at all the way I do business, I feel responsible in letting you know what's going on. Unfortunately, this will be my last week teaching for Amadeus. I understand some of you have not received all the lessons you intially paid for. The good news is that many of the credit card companies are aware of Amadeus' scam machine, and are willing to work with you on issuing refunds. I'm hoping the forwarded e-mails below may help you in recovering some if not all of the funds that were wrongly charged to your account. I am here to answer any questions you may have, so please feel free to call me anytime or e-mail me back at your convenience.

I will still be teaching all my regularly scheduled students until the end of the week

Attached email:
    Good luck getting anything out of this company...They have been taking advantage of a lot of people, taking money from clients, sometimes double and even triple charging their credit card, and not paying their contracted teachers or their hiring coordinators, customer service reps, etc... Your client should be thankful that they have not double and triple charged their credit card. You should contact the client immediately and let them know to cancel the credit card which they used to pay Amadeus with. They have truly scammed a lot of people over and over again. Also beware, they have also been going under another name, Allegro Home Music School. Sorry to hear about yet another victim of this less than reputable company. If you look on the sites ripoff.com, complaintboard.com, the BBB, you will see that you are one of many being taken advantage of by this company. They have also lied to several others, including myself, stating "the check is in the mail." I believe that several people are trying to get a class action lawsuit against this company and its proprietors. I have forwarded all the complaints that I have received, including yours to my personal email and will be turning them over to the New York and New Jersey State Attorney General's office, as well as the Federal Trade Commission and any other agencies that may possibly put a stop to this company's scamming."

I was charged 3x the original amount. After contacting the school they said they sent a check in the mail. Nothing yet. I was lucky that my teacher sent me this. Don't blame the teachers, blame the company.

• Si
    SingerLady May 31, 2009

They owe me money!!! I have learned a valuable lesson and I will check the better business bureau before working for any other agency.

I dont know that Rich is to blame because he was scammed out of money by Michael Lawson and he reported him and stuff.

The thing I am angry with Rich about is that he signed me up for this knowing full well it was a mess.