Onlingo Complaints & Reviews

Onlingo — Rip Off

Stupid me, I responded to one of the "free computer" ads, and of approx. 150 ads available, I selected On...

OnlingoCustomer service

So I ordered this product and realized I didnt want it after I saw the outragous prices that they charge. So while I was still within the trial period I called and canceled my supscription, and recieved an email stating that it was cancelled and I wouldnt be billed any other charges. 2 weeks later they go ahead and charge my card the 79.95. I call them that day and ask them why my card was charged and they stated that I had agreed to keep the product. I told them that I was looking at the email stating that I had cancelled the subcription, and then asked to talk to the supervisor. She then stated that there was nothing they could do about the charges, and that they wouldnt be credited untill they recieved the product back. I asked why I wasnt informed of this, and all I got was rudeness and "I dont knows". As with other posts, are there any lawers looking into this company?

OnlingoNo refunds issued

Were not willing to issue refund when product returned within specified time. Absolutely unwilling to work with customers.

Shoddy business, at best.

• Onlingo uses risky advertising techniques compiled with poor customer service policies. It took two lengthy calls to cancel and three calls so far to try and get a complete refund. You are setting yourself up to make a $100+ mistake if you order from this company.

Here is what you’re in for if you order 1 CD:
    $6.95 shipping and handling fee; a week later you’ll receive the CD; one more week and you’ll get charged $87.55. $94.50 = total cost of one CD. If you choose to return it unopened you’ll pay the returned shipping costs and receive a $67.55 refund. Basically a ‘return to sender’ scenario with them will cost you about $40.

Here’s my experience with Onlingo so far:

I received my CD and luckily did not open it (still wrapped in clear plastic just as is arrived). You can not simply ‘return to sender’. Instead you must find a phone number for Onlingo, give them a call, and request a Return Authorization number. The service rep. that cancels your account will tell you “you’ll be refunded in full in 7-10 days”. I paid for the return shipping with a delivery confirmation required (another $9.00 out of my pocket). A week or so later I received a refund for $67.55 ($20 less than what I was charged.) It turns out ONLINGO CHARGED A $20 RESTOCKING FEE FOR AN UNOPENED CD. After escalating my call to a manager they decided to ‘make an exception for me’ and agreed to refund the remaining $20 which I still have not received.

I’m not sure if the CD is a good language learning tool, but I am assuming the product is as ### as their shady company policies.

OnlingoUnauthorised Charges

I got cought up with Onlingo as well from the internet marketing ploys. I made a trial of their product and oredered a CD. Returned before the deadline. Made a call to them confirming if they got -Yes . I asked to cancel any future CD - "OK YES it's canceled" I said Not interested. Paid all the shipping charges about $12 total. This is where all these companies make a Quick $$ -shipping charges. Now after cancelations I get another invoice for a CD that they send me and failed to cancel it.
Once again I will incurr shipping charges for returning the pck.
Shammmmmmmmm wowwwww

• Ci
    Cindy Kelley Apr 27, 2008

unable to cancel subscription

• De
    Delores M. Steele May 21, 2008

Yes, I want to make sure, through Leisure time savings. that you received my comment on Canceling my subscription, so I do not get billed any further.
    Delores M. Steele
    05/21/08

• Ms
    mswyst Jan 18, 2009

some of the bussinesse practice above might explain the success of the company:

• Ty
    tyronesf Jan 28, 2009

This company is a total rip-off!!! The actual return address is Onlingo, 5300 Ontario Mills Pkwy, Ontario, Ca. 91764.
    You can use the use the http://zip4.usps.com/zip4/welcome.jsp to valid that San Francisco is not their place of busness.

rosetta bryant Feb 11, 2009

i want to cancel my subscription am not satified with product

rosetta bryant Feb 11, 2009

do not want this product

rosetta bryant Feb 11, 2009

take me off your product list

OnlingoNo Customer Service

I tried out onlingo because of their free trial. Sure enough, I wasn't impressed and was very glad I only had to pay for shipping back and forth and not the entire $69.95. So I sent it back with the RMA number plastered in tall permenant marker numbers on multiple sides. Imagine my surprise when I was still charged the full $69.95 a few weeks later. When I called they say they never got it back and since I didn't pay the extra to require a signature I have no proof I mailed it so they won't refund the money.
After arguing for quite awhile they still would only to agree to refund $50 since they don't have the product.
BUYER BEWARE!!
Unless you know someone who has Onlingo and you really think you'll like it or are willing to pay the extra to send it in a way they can't deny recieving DON'T try this product.

• Ga
    gardengirl04 Nov 21, 2011

My daughter saw charges from this company on her bank account. Shortly after we receive a language video, stating someone else in my household having ordered it. Called the company to request cancellation and explained never ordered. The representative kept re-assuring me it was not fraud, and kept talking about that. I had to insist I just wanted it cancelled and the reasoning of the order was irrelevant at that point. Very pushy representative, and wanted to convince me to keep the video. I am skeptical that this will be cancelled even after returning the video. I just called my bank to change my account information. HOW DO THESE COMPANIES GET AWAY WITH THIS. Also if you look up ONLINGO online it talks about how their stock and sales are growing. Duh!!! by slamming products on people.!!

OnlingoDishonest Business

I can tell you from experience that the only way to deal with this company is to dispute the charges with your credit card company!!!!!

I also got some direct phone numbers....thier parent company is Syndero located in San Francisco. You can speak with thier CEO Brad Klaus and explain the poor service you have received from his so called CS dept. I also found the name of thier VP of "Customer Service" Corri Tanner on thier web site, however he is never available and I was told by "Merredeth" that he does not speak to customers--EVER!!! Wow....what service Mr. Tanner! I did get his personal email as well as Brad which are ctanner and bklaus @syndero.com....

I hope you can all get some help this way! Please help get the word out!!!!!

• Er
    Ernesto Jan 19, 2008

Try the District Attorney's office in San Francisco. I just noticed that they were charging my bank account for over $170 so far. Never received anything, and my wife doesn't remember ever ordering anything from them.

Their Syndero website looks "professional," but the brands the own/operate seem like the typical b.s. brands: faith based, dermatology, etc.

If I don't get my money refunded, they will be talking to the D.A. Online fraud is a very serious crime, and people end up doing years in jail for that if convicted.

• Be
    Beverly K Feb 04, 2008

Hello,

My name is Beverly and I am responsible for the Customer Care experience at Triclear. Please contact me at 800-494-7260 and I would be happy to assist you.

Best regards,

Beverly K.

• Aa
    Aaron and Michelle Mar 14, 2008

This company is an absolute fraud. BEWARE! They charged our card without our consent. We have no idea how they got our card number. They only explanation they could give us is "you must have entered your information and signed up"
    BS.
    We'll be contacting the BBB. Especially now that we know we're not the only ones.

John May 26, 2008

Their "returns" department has a Solano County address: Box 1566 Suisun City, CA 94585. Maybe a complaint to the Solano DA's office would help.

OnlingoSpanish System Works!

I read complaints about the marketing channel, not about the product! I've finished level 1 of Spanish and have order level 2 to contine. Easy to use and works great!

GrettaV

joseph Jan 13, 2008

I no longer want to continue taking the spanish lessons.

Angelina Feb 08, 2008

Hi,

I am following up on your account and would like to make sure that you have received the help you needed with our Customer Service Center. We want to make sure we continue to exceed your expectations.

You have received an email using the email address posted here. Please be sure to check your junk email box.

We are striving to make sure we over achieve Customer Satisfaction.

Please contact us, we are staffed Monday-Friday 6am-5:30pm Pacific Standard Time and Saturday 7am-3:30pm Pacific Standard Time 1-800-494-7260

Sincerely,
    Angelina
    Customer Care Specialist

Onlingo — Unable to cancel subscription

This company cannot be contacted by phone as they claim. I want to cancel my subscription on the same day I ordered it.