am-ericas cocker spanielsdishonesty

L Review updated:

i had the chance to visit this breeder's home in march 2011.
herwebsite claims she never has her dogs in crates. not ture, she has 12 dogs lined up in this little room attatched to her home they are in crates (she call them playpens) but they are crates. and there are only 5 crates for ALL the dogs. and it was not warm in there.
she claims to live on 12 acres, but fails to mention that there are 3 other homes on the same property. the closet one is about 20 yards behind hers. it is hidden behind the tree in her picture she has on her site. the fence in area she has for the dogs is not very big, especially for 12 dogs. i believe the dogs are kept in there "playpens" most of the time.
she has an OFA symbol on her website. there is ONE dog that has been OFa cert.
i have been following her website for quite some time and she seems to have fueds with other breeder quite often.
all of what i am saying is the truth, i am NOT a breeder so i have no reason to try to bad mouth her. besides she is in NY and i live in Ohio so there is no compition.
i am a dog lover and hate to seedogs living in these conditions

• Lo
    lovemycockers May 20, 2011

i agree, i have seen her place. although clean, much too small for that many dogs. she has quite the temper. i have seen her facebook page and seems like she is always fueding with someone. uses very foul language. i will say this, she has lovely dogs. but i just can not see how she gets away with the surroundings for the dogs . i also noticed the OFA on her website and the dogs are NOT ofa certified. only the one dog is.

• Va
    vasser Jun 29, 2011

beware nutcase. ask to see ofa cert. all her dogs are not ofa cert. claims they are

• Td
    tdeal Oct 27, 2011

i agree i sent her a deposit for a puppy and nver got my puppy or my money back

Erica Jordan Nov 02, 2011

Hi, I am Erica Jordan of Am-Erica's Cocker Spaniels. I am located at 2756 A RT 39 Bliss NY 14024 and visitors are welcome by appt (schedued when my husband is home with me for safety reasons). I am proud to say that in May 2010 I applied for a New york State License from the NY Department of Ag and passed inspection on my first unnounced inspection. I again passed on my annual unannounced inspection in July 2011. I have a complete inspection report available for viewing, and my License # is PD810. I am also a NY State Licensed Practical Nurse. These credentials are all verifiable online via the US Dept of Ag and the NY State Office of Professions. My kennel is built directly onto my home, and consist of 2 rooms. Room 1 is 16' x 8' . There are 5 Midwest Brand "PUPPY PLAYPENS" (that is what they are named, they are NOT crates) that are 3' x 3' in size. These meet and exceed the NY State Dept of Ag requirements. Each of these playpens has the side door removed, aligned up to a doggy door which allows the dogs to go in/out freely. The yard is . 25 acre and is fenced with 6' tall stockade and the gait is double latched. The yard contains many play things for the dogs such as Little Tykes climbing cubes, tires, pool, ect... This area of the kennel is suitable for 10 adult Cockers. The 2nd room is 11' x 20' and in that room there are 2 3'x3' playpens that also each have a doggy door leading out to a 20' x 10' outside fenced area. This fence is 6' tall and is heavy duty chain link. Also in the corner of the room is a 4' x 4' Midwest Puppy Play Pen. In the center of the room is my grooming area complete with grooming table, stand dryer, force air dryer, ect... This room is capable of comfortably housing 6 dogs. Total capacity is 16. I have never had that many dogs. Both rooms of the kennel are insulated: walls R 19, ceiling R 30 and R 38. There is a heater in both rooms (2 heaters total) and a 12000 BTU air conditioner large enough to cool both rooms. There is a thermometer on the wall; required by NYS regulations and the temperature by law is never below 45 or above 85. Generally the kennel is in the mid-60's year round. My doggy doors are open at dawn and closed at dusk. We also have a high quality exterior insulated entrance door and 5 windows in the kennel. The kennel is spacious for the dogs, bright and airy and the dogs are vibrant with happieness. I never had any visitors in the month of March as the initial post claims, that is a complete fabrication, however everyone who has come here always is highly impressed and The Wyoming County Animal COntrol was so impressed, that she recently referred a couple to me to purchase a puppy, and they did so in Sept 2011. In regards to health testing. Eye exams (CERFS) are posted on my website. Dogs must be 24 months of age to OFA hips. I have conducted OFA hip certs on my male dogs since 2001, and will do a female also if she is already under anesthesia, as this is a test that anesthesia/chemical retraint is required. Over the years I have done OFA hip/patella/elbow certifications on the following and they are listed in the OFA database: Calfrances Frosty Arlequin, D-Lux's Twisted Sister, Tell-Tail's First Edition, Ashleysown The Sable fable, Crescentmoon's Treasure Rock. At present time, I have only 2 male dogs on my premise that are old enough to do OFA on: CH.Namees barbershop Classic is OFA certified. The Other dog meeting the age requirement is a new addition and is scheduled for his OFA testing. I also show my dogs. I have bred an American Champion, and a female that I bred and am handling myself already has several points toward her championship and she is still a puppy! I have also bred 4 Canadian champions and another puppy currently is half way finished earning her title. I have had several dogs finish championships under my ownership. I am doing much much more than the majority of most breeders to breed health sound, correct Cocker Spaniels. I only want the best for my puppies so very seldom will sell to other breeders. The person who posted the initial complaint did so because she was pissed off b/c I refused to provide her female with stud services; as her female was purchased from a friend of mine as a PET on a LIMITED/Non breeding registration. It is very sad that any jealous, disturbed person can write such slanderous lies to defamate the character of another person, but fortunately I am inspected, licensed, always found to be in full compliance, I post photos on my website and welcome visitors by appointment so they can come here and verify with their own eyes that all is as I and the state inspectors and my over 100 references say it is! Furthermore, Tdeal; Tracy Deal in MN, has advised me she never posted the above completely untrue statement and she is checking into the matter to find out whom may have created a ficticious account in her name. There is absolutely no truth in that statement. I also have a tax ID number and all payments go through my bank acccount and are recorded on the books and sales tax is filed and remitted quarterly. No such payment exist. Regarding the property I live on... wow, that is really nobodys business, but to clarify, this land was originally 16 acres owned by my gran father D.Smith sr. The property is now in the name of family. My grandfather remains on this property a couple hundred yards to the side of me. About 100 feet behind me is an empty trailer that use to be occupied by tenants. It has been empty for a couple of years now and is falling down. My son and his friends took out the walls and use it as a place to skate indoors and to hang out...fine by me, I know where they are and what they are doing! My brother also with the last name of Smith lives up on the hill directly behind me. My father broke off his 4 acres (leavign the property down to 12 acres) and lives behind me to the side closer toward RT 39 and our Gravel Pit. 2 boarders of the property are lined by woods and the Wiscoy creek runs through the property. The addresses on this property are 2756 A, 2756B, 2756C and 2756 D and all are in the last name of SMITH, with the exception of mine which is Jordan; my maiden name is Smith. Not quite sure why I had to explain that, but since somebody wants to call me a liar, now you know I'm not and guess that is why the word ASSume is spelled the way it is. Thank you and feel free to browse my website. www.americascockerspaniels.com pd810

Erica Jordan Nov 02, 2011

Original poster and Complaints Board web owner advised to remove content by 12:01 pm Eastern Time November 3rd, 2011 or legal action shall begin. Complaint board shall be legally required to devuldge indentifying information such as IP address, ect... to attorneys and poster shall be sued for damages in the amount of $25, 000.00 plus cost for libel of Am-Erica's Cocker Spaniels and defamation of character to business reputation of Am-Erica's Cocker Spaniels. Please be advised any further false statements by original poster or any thrid parties shall not be tolerated and WILL be aggressively legally pursued. Do not make a statement of which you can not document to be completely truthful or you will be held accountable. Thank you.

• Td
    tdeal13 Nov 02, 2011

yes this is the real Tracy Deal now posting here on this site..as tdeal13. The complaint board is looking into the ip address of the person who has used my name and posted a non true statement about am ericas cockers.. I never sent Ercia Jordan a deposit for a pup nor is there any truth to the comment that i didnt receive the pup. I have never been to Ericas house or her kennel. the person using the Tdeal from minnetonka Mn is not me..

Erica Jordan Nov 03, 2011

This is life at Am-Erica's Cocker Spaniels... oh my it looks so terrible doesnt it? HA HA.

Erica Jordan Nov 04, 2011

I believe the breeder.

Erica Jordan Dec 29, 2011

This website allows for any trashy lies to be published and then you get an e-mail saying if you pay money that it will be removed. Anybody who has anything negative to say about me, it's because I refused to sell them a puppy. Just jealous pathetic class A idiots.

Erica Jordan Feb 09, 2012

Hi, this is Erica Jordan of Am-Erica's Cocker Spaniels again...proud to say that yesterday (Feb 8th, 2012) I was inspected by the American Kennel Club and passed the inspection with flying colors. The inspector said I have one of the best places he has ever seen, told me to change nothing and keep on doing the wonderful "perfect" job that I am doing ! The AKC inspection report is posted on my website for all to view at www.americascockerspaniels.com then go to the "Our Place" page. Here is also some more photos that I took yesterday. I sell my puppies at PETS to loving homes, I refuse to deal with breeders because so many do not provide a good life for their dogs and have dissapointed me. I have refused to provide stud service to a woman from Ohio just shortly befor this annymous "lovemycockers" from Ohio posted her completely false slanderous post. (Nobody was even at my house in March 2011, lol) I have also refused to sell puppies to other breeders, and sometimes they have become very hostile because of that. Such actions just validate to me that I was correct in refusing to do any business with them in the first place. Prior to becoming a nurse, I worked at a State Prison. I think because of that, I am a good judge of character. Anyhow, please see the "annonymous" statements for what they are... lies by jealous people. Please review the factual evidence: photos, inspection reports from NYS and AKC, and the testimonials from so many people who have gotten their puppies from me and have actually really been to my home. If you have any questions, please feel free to call me during the day time at [protected]. Thank you- Erica Jordan; LPN Am-Erica's Cocker Spaniels www.americascockerspaniels.com

Erica Jordan Feb 09, 2012

Hi, this is Erica Jordan of Am-Erica's... I obtained a new dog in October and took him for all of his health testing in November. Here are all of the certificates. Thanks for looking! www.americascockerspaniels.com

Erica Jordan Feb 09, 2012

Erica again here posting... some just some updated pictures of the inside and outside, along with the AKC inspection report. 2/9/2012. It shows exactly how many dogs are at my house and that the kennel is "in the breeders home". It also sais that my kennel inside/out is very clean, the dogs are very clean and appear in good health and groomed and free of parasites and bedding is clean and free of parasites. PS I got an e-mail from somebody telling me that if I paid them money they would have the lies removed from this website. Isnt that an illegal activity called extortion? I'm not going to be extorted, but instead I choose to defend myself by posting actual factual documentation. I want to thank everybody who has has stuck with me through this, defended me and believed in me. Thanks-Erica www.americascockerspaniels.com

• Li
    Linda Goodliffe Feb 27, 2012

I just adopted a puppy from Erica Jordan on Dec. 30, 2011. I drove over 12 hours to her place to make sure to meet her, the puppy's dam, and see her kennel for myself. I have never seen such wonderful accomadations for dogs as I did at Erica Jordan's kennel. What she describes here is true, my puppy and all of her dogs couldn't possibly be healthier and happier, and I would recommend her to anyone who wants to add a wonderful new puppy to their family.

• Ta
    tandmpepper Apr 06, 2012

I am going to be getting my puppy from Erica Jordan this summer and I will be driving from South Carolina to do so. After extensive research, both online and via phone and email, I wouldn't get my puppy from anyone else. As Erica will tell you, we have spoken (extensively) on both the phone and through email and she has never been anything but open and gracious about answering my myriad questions. We already have plans to visit in the area for a week when we go to pick up our puppy and Erica has graciously extended the invitation to visit with our new puppy as well as her other dogs while we are in town. She also went out of her way to direct us to area attractions and points of interest and I consider her a friend, as well as a good breeder and a great person. I do a lot of research to find the right breeder when I am getting a dog and if others do the same, they will find that there is none better than Erica Jordan of Am-ericas Cocker Spaniels. This site should be shut down posting untrue statements with no substantiation, especially given the fact that they tried to extort money from her to pull these ridiculous and patently false claims.

• Sp
    Spicer_uk Sep 14, 2020

This individual appears very vindicative and unprofessional in her online communications with others. If this is how she treats strangers on the internet, I couldn't with good conscience support her business.