Alabama Powerelectric account closed for no reason/requesting a second deposit for same account

F May 23, 2019

I left for legal reasons to new york & got into a car accident while there, I returned may 13, 2019 to find my lights were off after my last bill was due for april 25, 2019, I called & a represenative who I found to be quite brash & unempathetic to my situation (car accident) told me my account was closed & I would have to secure another deposit of $400 plus my past balance of $276.31, but she stated if I could find someone with good standing (meaning never had their services interrupted) they could waive the new account fee. First off how do you take it upon yourself to close someone's account out with no merit to do so, no one died in the residence, no one abandoned the residence no one called to say the house was not occupied so you make up a stupid [censored] policies to rob people of money & then justify it by saying well you shoulda had someone call to tell us you were in a car accident maybe we coulda accommodated you. I'm appalled that they can legally do this. This company has enough complaints for the government to step in for unethical practices against consumers and shut them down! I have been treated in a bias way & feel enough complaints have been done for years for someone to step in & see how abusive this electric company is & has been. Where is my initial deposit I have the same account saying I have to pay a second deposit now to keep my lights on after paying the $276.31 past amount for april 25, 2019 it's now may 23, 2019 not even a month of service yet i'm told I need to pay a additional security deposit by may 31st. To keep my lights on.. I will be following up with a lawyer i'm tired of seeing people abuse good citizens just because their is no competition for alabama power to compete with.. It's sad.. You have no integrity as a company & have millions of complaints from your customers when do you say we should revamp the company to fit the needs of our customers & get great reviews not one good review is seen anywhere concerning the money hungry greedy un american company.. Appalled to say the least!

• Me
    Meld14 Nov 19, 2019

Mobile office has the most disrespectful and nasty customer service reps that I have ever encountered in the last close to 30 years.. They are so rude.. they will not even give you the name of the manager so you can talk to them. The regional manager should step in asap and listen in on how these customer service reps talk with people. We definitely need another power provider to choose from because I would certainly switch. I believe tons of people would...