Menu
A
Author of the complaint
4:53 am EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Activity Superstore offers so-called 'Gift Experiences' designed to give you an experience of a lifetime - this is a load of rubbish!

My fiance purchased me an activity voucher for Christmas in order to cheer me up after a very tough year. I was thrilled to bits when I opened the envelope and saw what it was. I duly filled in the card and sent it off requesting the activity I had chosen.

After almost 3 weeks of waiting (despite them saying it would take 10 days) they finally sent me a voucher ... for the WRONG activity. Apparently the one I had chosen had been discontinued... fair enough. However, the alternative did not appeal and I asked for a refund.

They said no, several times, and eventually, after many emails and a letter of complaint they agreed I could have a refund. So I did as they asked, sent them the voucher back and started to wait...and wait...and wait.

After almost a month, I emailed them asking where my money was. They claim not have received the voucher so here we go again.

I could almost let it go apart from the fact that when you google ACTIVITY SUPERSTORE COMPLAINTS, you find a whole host of people who have had problems with this rip-off merchants.

More Activity Superstore complaints & reviews

Activity Superstore - Simply ridiculous
Replied
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Activity Superstore - Shafted
Activity Superstore - Trying to book chosen activity
Activity Superstore - Stupid process
Activity Superstore - Restaurant discovery for two (what a joke!)
Activity Superstore - Spa day voucher
Replied
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Activity Superstore - Value of event
2 comments
B
Jan 31, 2015 9:16 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Report them to your local Trading Standards. Apparently they are in regular contact with Trading Standards and I can see why. I have managed to get my money back but that is because I purchased through Wowcher, but it took me a lot of time and effort and I asked for compensation for this as well. If I took them to court I am quite sure I would be found in favour of, but I am waiting for them to make me a reasonable offer, other than a crappy voucher for the deals that don't sell. I would contact the Citizens Advice Bureau as well because they are actually in Breach of Contract and you have a strong case to take to court, but need to follow the steps first. I would suggest you also contact Watchdog because if enough people report this disgusting company they will show them on the TV and warn even more people not to purchase from them. My advice, book an experience direct with the supplier because when this company goes bust (which will be soon!) you will lose any money to all the creditors they still owe.

A
Nov 11, 2011 2:39 pm EST

We are sorry that there you are not happy with the service you have received from Activity Superstore – if you would like to forward your contact details and any information you have about your voucher to this address: [email protected] then I will look into what has happened and get back to you as soon as possible to try and resolve the problems you have had.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

77 complaints