24 Hour Corp Carmichael CAunauthorized charge on my Amex

M

Unauthorized charge on my Amex in August. Amount of $39.04. Notes "Business Service"
Amex has credited my card.

nicked by 24 hour corp Sep 04, 2008

As you figured out, these are most likely fraudulent charges.

Check out other complaints at:
    24 Hour Corp Or E - Sprint LLC — Fraudulent credit card charges

or at:

• Ai
    Aimee Sep 07, 2008

Same exact thing just happened to me- amex card, same business name, same notes, except they did it 2 times, and the charge was 44.19 each time.

• Mi
    Michele Sep 08, 2008

Same thing. Two charges on my AX card for $37.69 each!

• Rj
    R J K Sep 09, 2008

I HAVE AMEX INVESTIGATING FOR TWO MONTHS, AND I INTEND TO HAVE THE STATE OF CONNECTICUT CONSUMER FRAUD DEPT, RICHARD BLUMENTHAL, INVESTIGATE AS WELL.

• Jf
    J. F. Sep 09, 2008

I agree that I think this company is fraudulent. This is the information that I have found about the supposedly company.

I did a reverse search lookup for the company's address on whitepages.com and these are the results that I have found:

1 Result matching "6104 Holt Ln, Carmichael, CA."
    Andrey Yakovlevhome
    6104 Holt Ln
    Carmichael, CA [protected]
    phone number unavailable

• Vi
    vic Sep 10, 2008

BEWARE OF 24 HOUR CORP 24 HOUR CARMICHAEL

Thank you for posting the alerts. I returned from the US and my card was fraudulently debited with $27.46 by 24 Hour Corp 24 Hour Carmichael. Unfortunately, I only noticed after this was done three times. My bank has agreed to reverse the amounts and will be investigating the matter.

Janne Jackson Sep 10, 2008

I have just received my AMX Credit Card statement with a charge from 24 hour Corp 24 Hour Carmichael CA for $48.78
    Called AMX and they agreed to credit the charge on my next statement. This is clearly fraud that they seemed to know all about it, because there were no questions asked, just said that the charge would be reversed and gave me a confirmation number.

Nigel Barber Sep 11, 2008

I went to the States in May and only spent money at the hotel on my credit card and got US Dollars before I went.
    I have been back for nearly 4 months and now I get a 24hour corp on my statement for 23.18$.
    I have phoned my bank and they are aware of it and now they are investigating. Ihave given them the address above and we shall see what happens. This really is annoying.

Denis Sep 11, 2008

I have had two charges from 24 Hour Corp on my UK LLoyds/Amex card. LLoyds say they have had no other complaints!!!

nicked by 24 hour corp Sep 11, 2008

Lloyds should be familiar with the problem as it was their clients who first complained. Check the forum at http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1081291&page=2 for two pages of Lloyds client complaints about "24 hour corp".

The reason Amex immediately credits your account is because it is a small amount. I had to ask them NOT to immediately credit my account and to process the charges as fraud. I just received a letter saying that Amex has ruled in my favor and has told the company to never charge my account again. We'll see, but at least AMEX should be on alert.

Denis Sep 11, 2008

Hi Nicked
    You are right Lloyds obviously know all about it, they just will not admit that their system can be comprimised with the resultant lack of confidence it would bring about. Lying banker comes to mind!
    Don't you just love 'em.

• Cl
    Clare Gomme Sep 12, 2008

Each month for the last 3 months, I have had charges on my Lloyds card to this company. I have tried to cancel the card to prevent this fraudulent use but Lloyds inform me that, even though they are investigating this company on behalf of a large number of clients, my account cannot be closed until the investigation is complete. In the mean time I am having to phone up each month to dispute this charge. This month I have also been charged for late payment with interest for the disputed amounts on my current statement. To make matters worse I have never used the Amex card on this duo card account so how has 24 hour corp got hold on my account number. Could the fraudster must be an employee of Lloyds?

Denis Sep 14, 2008

Or AMEX?

• Ea
    EAB Sep 14, 2008

Same thing from 24 Hour Corp. just happened on my AMEX - three charges each for $25.04. Did a reverse check on google and that single family home was sold on July 29 for 1, 055, 044. AMEX said they would just credit my charges .

• Ad
    Adam Sep 15, 2008

I had the same problem with this fraudulent company. Two charges for $43.22 in August. American Express said they would credit the charges and investigate.

• Bo
    Bonnie Sep 15, 2008

Same thing happened to me for $42.09. American Express said they would credit my account and are investigating. Thank you people for posting this information. I thought I just missed a charge. Now I'm going back and see if I have any charges from other months.

• La
    Lawrence Sep 15, 2008

Same thing happened to me! after viewing the comments above I called AMX and complained. I was credited the amount of $41.37 to my account. They know about the fraud and are investagating. Makes one wonder how my account became available.

• Ke
    Keith Sep 15, 2008

Same thing - 2 charges for $39.04 each.

• Ka
    Katie Sep 16, 2008

ATTENTION ALL VICTIMS OF 24 HOUR CORP SCAM:

I work for the Better Business Bureau in North East California. We are currently working on the 24 Hour Corp Scam with AMEX card holders. This scam has reached all the way to the UK.

PLEASE EMAIL ME at your earliest convenience. We are meeting with channel 3 and 13 and would love to schedule more interviews and find out more information as to the number of people affected.

I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks,

Sincerely,
    Katie Robison
    Public Relations and Program Services
    [email protected]

Janice Sep 18, 2008

I am based in the UK and noticed the unauthorised charges because they were the only ones in US Dollars on my statement. I hadn't used my card abroad or over the internet.

Amex (in the UK) said that they are aware of the problem and their fraud team are investigating. They have stopped my card and will credit me for the two unauthorised charges which were $28.04 each.

Many thanks for posting the alerts. Without it, I would not have known I was a victim of fraud.

• Ji
    Jim Sep 21, 2008

Just got my statement from August and there was a charge for 38.66 on 8/18/08 from 24 Hour Corp 24Hour Carmichael CA for Business Services. Called Amex and they immediately reversed the charge and said they are aware of the fraudulent charges from this company and that they "are monitoring the situation closely". What worries me is that I haven’t used this card in months if not over a year so I find it troubling that someone was able to get my account information. Makes me wonder what other information they have accessed about my account…

nicked by 24 hour corp Sep 22, 2008

Just FYI. The BBB in the Sacramento Area has contacted some of the local media. Here is a link to a video clip. It doesn't give us any new information but it is gratifying to see the word getting out.

http://cbs13.com/video/[email protected]

Mark Garland Sep 23, 2008

Me too, three months now -- fortunately I watch the bill closely enough to see the fraudulent charge. For me the amount is $24.67. How many folks are not watching the bill close enough to see this?

• Sy
    Sylvia Sep 24, 2008

The same thing has happened to me they charged $25.26 in July and August .The same company 24 hour out of Carmichael CA amex needs discontinue doing business with this company.

angelica Sep 25, 2008

Victim of 24 HOUR CORP scam. A charge for $46.04 appeared on AMEX last month. Does anyone have information regarding where the data leak may have occurred? I would like to know how this company got my information. The number associated with the company is at a constant busy.

24 HOUR CORP
    6104 Holt Ln.
    Carmichael, CA 95608
    [protected]

I will file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. AMEX immediately credited the charges without an investigation. After reading some of the posts, I am going to call and request that they process the charges as fraud.

• To
    Tom F Sep 29, 2008

I had the same company charge my account $38.66 and have never heard of them. I processed a fruaudulent complaint against the company thru Amex.

nicked by 24 hour corp Sep 30, 2008

The BBB may believe these folks have moved on, but I have discovered a bit more information that leads me to believe these people have been doing this for a long time and are part of a very large group.

I did a whois search on accept-all-payments.com which was a website run by the same people/person as 24-hour corp. It came back as being registered to:

Domain Name: ACCEPT-ALL-PAYMENTS.COM
    ESprint Corp.
    4351 marysville blvd
    Sacramento, California 95838
    [protected]

When I googled "Roman Piglitsin" that name came up on boards complaining of fradulent American Express card charges that date back to 2002. At that time, the suspicion was that this is a criminal group from Eastern Europe or Russia.

In any case, scams like this are huge and have been going on for years. If you want to read up on what some others have discovered you can google or check out http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r19620593-Ebook-websites-fraud-charges-DevbillDigitalAgePluto the complaints there are exactly the same as we experienced 6 years later...

• Ju
    Juanita Oct 02, 2008

FRAUD!!
    24 HOUR CORP. charged 4 charges to our account from June 12th through Aug. 22. AMEX investigated and credited our account. This is apparently a nationwide scam that could have begun in the UK, since Lloyds' customers first reported the scams there.

Check your older statements going back several months if you haven't already done that. AMEX can't credit anything over 60-days old. Immediately cancel your card and get a new card number if any charges from 24 HOUR CORP appears on any statement. These charges won't stop unless you change your card number.

• Ri
    Richard S Oct 14, 2008

I recently had same problem of $43.22 charge on my AE card which previuosly had a zero balance. Amex finally charged back this amount but still in dispute is a late charge and fee of $ 19.50. Service rep and boss "team leader" Marilee Quinn can not do anything to reverse this charge because "decision made through system" and they can't change that.!! I subsequently cancelled my card .
    Get the word out on American Express that individual customer sevice reps can not help you if there is a problem that has to go through system!

• I did property inspections for them a few years ago. The Owners name is Chris Dorpat. He resides in maple grove Minnesota.