21st Century InsuranceScam and abuse!

21st Century Insurance are crooked and deceitful! I received my new insurance bill for my 2003 vehicle to find that my insurance had been raised $252 for 6 month period, which is $504 a year. I have been insured with 21st century Crooked Insurance for over 7 years. I have no tickets or accidents and have been a loyal and good client. This is disgusting and a number of other profane words. How sad that our government does not protect us from this type of shady business practices.

Needless to say, I will be changing my insurance carrier and telling everyone I know to follow suit.

venturesome Jan 11, 2009

I agree completely tell everyone to NEVER USE 21st CENTURY!!! They did this to me once and I gave them the benefit of the doubt and tried them again with my girlfriend too the second time getting her own policy the same day I got mine. All three times they gave us some rate that was lower than the competitors which is why we went with them initially. Oh no, a few weeks later they are telling us that our premiums have mysteriously gone way the f--- up. They were saying we owe them more money but we had already paid in full. These scams should not be legal!

Do we contact Better Business Bureau or Consumer Protection Agency? They probably turn a blind eye anyway the way the rich look out for themselves. The world will always be corrupt, the question is WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT IT!!! I say heads should roll. Fire the lot of them. They have been robbing from the poor to give to the rich, then the government steps in and gives them MORE of our money. (21st century insurance is part of AIG bailout) Is there nothing we can do? Who will help the hardworking citizens of America?

venturesome Jan 11, 2009

I forgot to mention, all three times we told them to f--- themselves and give us a prorated refund and we took our money elsewhere.

John Apr 01, 2009

They are the worst insurance ever. My wife was involved in a not at fault accident in 2007. They never reported it as not her fault to CLUE, so every time I looked for new insurance, 21st was always lowest. I finally found out why and Progressive fix the problem and my insurance dropped $500. 21st said that they did not have to report whether it was my wife's fault or not That artificially raised every other rate so they could over charge me and look like the lowest.

• Ca
    Carl Sciolino Apr 17, 2009

21 st Century insurance is nothing but a scam. I tried to call for a quote and the people I talked to were extremely abusive and rude. they asked me if I was married or single, so I asked what it had to do with insurance. He started yelling at me and told me Iwas giving him a hard time. I find it hard to believe that they would stand behind someone who had an accident.

• Ji
    Jim NM Apr 27, 2009

My 21st Century Insurance has morphed (recently) after the AIG debacle. Yep, it USED to be AIG auto, but is NOW 21st Century. I'll give them good marks for having left the premium alone - for the time being - but I "DO" have a gripe.
    Today, April 27, 2009, I received a letter from 21ST's Customer Service Center concerning my auto policy, informing me that I needed to sign and return (w/in 15 days) a form for "Rejection Of Stacked Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists Coverage Limit."
    "Stacking" means that the insured can claim the total of the amounts of Uninsured or Underinsured Motirists Coverage assigned to each vehicle in insured's policy.
    Well, that would be FINE if I had two vehicles insured by AIG-turned-21st Century Insurance, but I HAVE ONE VEHICLE; and although you might think that they (or any insurance company) couldn't STACK uninsured motorist coverage on ONE VEHICLE, you'd be sadly mistaken.
    This is notice to all who read this "rant": If you have ONE vehicle that is insured and DO NOT sign the Rejection Of Stacked Uninsured And Underinsured Motorists Coverage Limit and return to your insurance carrier, they WILL charge you for STACKED - which will probably average anywhere from $30 to $50 more - usually per 6 months.
    My "concern" is that people won't "know" what the heck STACKED or NON-STACKED actually might BE (and won't even try to Google it) will subsequently be charged more money for essentially NOTHING - unless you consider the fact that AIG-turned-21st Century got BILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN LOANS (read: bailout) from the U.S. Government and have managed to come up with yet another scam to ratchette more money out of their unaware or otherwise customers.
    I'd call the State Insurance Commision, but that's probably more trouble than it's worth. I doubt that what this (or any other) insurance company is doing in this regard (as it pertains to ONE vehicle) is techically "illegal", but it' sure is chicken-s**t given the fact that they are FULLY AWARE that I have but ONE lone vehicle insured with them and OBVIOUSLY can't STACK insurance coverage ... because THERE'S NONE TO STACK! WAIT! Maybe they don't KNOW what they are and are not covering?
    They're Jack-n-Apes. #@%$& :::fume:::

Vera Apr 28, 2009

The next thing 21st Century - which is now soon to be Farmers Insurance - did, is suddenly charge a fee for online payment!!! First all customers got pushed to do it, and now a fee is charged. Reason is they partnered with Western Union and out of sheer "friendliness" WU is ONLY charging $ 3.50 instead of the usual $ 5.00 for online payment. Considering the state of the economy, and yes, also the state of AIG/21st century AND the fact they have received BILLIONS in bailout money, it seems simply insane that they would hire somebody else to take care of their website which for years was working fine in the first place. Unless, of course, they are helping a business friend out - easy to do, as the end-consumer is the one in the end paying for this all. It seems the bailout money made 21st century/AIG believe that there is ample money to be milked from the taxpayer, through the bailout and also directly. Shame on them!

CWA Apr 28, 2009

I just found out about the fee to pay online. I am outraged. So I emailed them, phoned them, and as I pay my bill by snail mail with a check and a letter telling them that they ought to rename the company 20th Century Insurance as this is sure a backwards leap in customer service. I think I will go look at other insurance companies. By the way, this is the only insurance company that I have ever used since I was in high school under my parents' policy and I am coming up on my 40th high school reunion. If enough people complain, maybe they will get the message. 21st gets a big RASPBERRY (sound effect) from this unhappy customer.

• Pa
    Pappy May 02, 2009

A note on the new $3.25 21st Century Insurance payment fee... In addition to the $3.25 fee, an additional unexplained $1.01 charge appeared on my credit card statement. They steal $170 billion dollars from us tax payers and now they're ripping people off with an unexplained $1.01 charge to their credit cards. There is no end to the criminality of AIG/21st Century. Check your credit card/bank statements and join me in protesting this unexplained charge. Demand your dollar and a penny back!

• I emailed them yesterday and told them that their $3.25 Online Fee for paying my premium was and is insane. This was a mighty fine way of saying Thank You to those of us who stayed with them through their bailout mess.

I also mentioned that I did not like not being informed of this new fee in advance, nor did I think it was legal. Additionally, the tactic of going on auto pay to get the $3.25 Fee Waived is a crime and a formal complaint will be filed with my Attorney General.

I will be seeking other carriers for coverage ASAP.

• Cs
    C Scholten Jun 30, 2009

The $3.25 "convenience" fee really irks me. As if one doesn't pay enough in insurance as it is. Other companies don't charge such a fee, and it's applied even for debit and cheque payments.

The best part is that when reviewing the "Speedpay FAQ", it reads:

Question: Why is 21st Century Insurance charging a fee?
    Answer: The processing fee is charged by our vendor, Speedpay, not by 21st Century Insurance.

i.e. - it's not our fault. Right. Not like 21st chose to partner with Western Union, is it?

It'll bite them in the long run.

• Ji
    JimNM Jun 30, 2009

WELL! (placing hands on hips) AIG turned 21st Century finally "did it" and jacked that premium up just enough for me to begin the search for yet another insurance company. And, yes, I received a letter informing me (much to my dismay) that 21st Century will soon become Farmer's.

In my search for more reasonable insurance rates - keeping in mind that I've not had a ticket in 25+ years and only *one* accident - not my fault <knock on wood> - I've discovered that all but two insurance companies have higher rates than 21C! Those w/ lower rates (so far) are GEICO and MetLife. Ironically, Farmer's, to which 21C will eventually morph, provided a quote that was more than $100/yr higher than 21C is current elevated rate!

So ... prepare for higher rates from Farmer's, folks. But then I've never known of anyone's insurance premium going "down". Personally I view the entire thing as a scam, esp. since I've filed but one claim (State Farm) for a drunk rear-ending me 27 years ago.

My bro-in-law has a philosophy: switch insurance carriers every 2 years or so because they hook you with an initial "low premium" and then gradually raise their prices by $10 or $20 every 6 months, eventually reaching everyone elses rates w/in that 2 year period, which is about what the market will bear.

As for the "convenience fees" and unexplained $1.01 charges? I do my banking online (Bank of America - yet another bailed out corporation!) and don't get charged any of those "fees" for paying electronically. I've found that MANY companies will charge you to pay through *their* Web site, which astounds and confuzzles me. But I suppose they've got to pay that webmaster somehow; no point in writing off the (minimal) expense of maintaining a Web site as, oh, I don't know ... an EXPENSE, ya' know?

Good luck with Farmer's. I'm OUT of here (the AIG/21C/Farmer's-thing) and on to other, hopefully less-green (less money) pastures.

CWA Jun 30, 2009

FYI, I wrote Farmers headquarters in Los Angeles and they did not know about the Western Union scam that 21st is running. The nice lady who called me said that she would note the complaint but the sale to Farmers was not a done deal as of a few weeks ago. Just keep complaining. I like the idea of sending a complaint to the attorney general. Why aren't those AIG executives in jail? TANJ (there ain't no justice)

• Gi
    Gigilicious Jul 10, 2009

I had AIG for years. I was treated with great care and respect.

In December '09 I decided to be supportive like a "Good Citizen" and renewed my policy but with some minor changes which was to save me about $20 on each of the four payments. The agent told me that due to the savings I was now paid up and didn't need to subit another payment until the end of January.

I made January's, February and Marchs' payments. At the end of March I received two checks from AIG.

Initially I thought, "WOW, I'm getting money back!" Cool~!~~

I called them just to be sure because it was odd. The date is not around the 23 March 2009. I am told that my insurance was cancelled on January 2!

So I was driving in the dead of icy freaking winter for three months and without any coverage at all!.

They said that they would be glad to reinstate me but my premiums would now be doubled for the next six months. OUCH!

Since it was a friday night I had no choice but to sign up with them again at this rate.

Today is 10 July 2009 and I have before me a cancellation notice. I had thought it was a bill. I, like some others simply don't have the energy to deal with it so I called my house insurance ppl (nationwide) and they covered me but my premiums are almost 1/2 of AIG with more benefits. In six months my premium will drop since I will then having been covered for six months time.

I never received a cancellation notice from AIG between January and March. I only found out I was cancelled when I called to inquire about the cash I was getting back.

Buyer bewear~~~ And - No good deed goes unpunished. Our government has no business in the business but if they are then they should be setting the example. What a failure~!

• Jc
    jcoleman Sep 22, 2009

I am with Geico Insurance for my Dodge Durango (full coverage) and I was calling around for different rates. 21st Century Insurance was way over the top higher than everyone else I called. I pay 900.00+ per year with Geico and 21st Century Insurance was over 2400.00 per year for the same policy. I have a perfect driving record and my wife received a very minor ticket about two years ago...totally outrageous!!! I had to laugh at the customer service agent who gave me the quote. Their lower rates TV commercial is an outright lie.

• Fa
    farnold Dec 15, 2009

I also had AIG auto insurance before 21st Century took over. My car was stolen while on vacation in Vegas on August 29th 2009 and it is going on four months and 21st Century still have not settled my claim. They keep telling me that they are still investigating while I continue to pay for a car I no longer have. My claim ajuster never returns my calls, they said I have to keep paying insurance on the car until the claim is settled. I'm so frustrated and not sure what my next step should be. My car was a black 2005 honda accord, great car !!!

CWA Dec 15, 2009

For Farnold: File a complaint with the Insurance Commissioner of both CA and NV. Do it in writing and send a copy to the present of 21st Century and FARMERS who now owns 21st. Also if you have a local TV or radio station "trouble shooter" or "consumer advocate" try getting on the air about the problem. If that doesn't work, try a pro bono lawyer or legal aid. Light a fire under them and something should give. Get a copy of the police report. If all else fails, picket 21st century and drop a note to local TV shows and get a bunch of your friends to picket also. Good luck.

• Au
    Austin Tom Mar 16, 2010

In November 2009 I had an accident in Austin TX that was clearly the other driver's fault. The other driver and I were unhurt but because of the angle of impact my car was totalled. My insurance company, State Farm, was very helpful. Within a week they had paid me off and I had a new car. Then I had a call from the other driver's insurance company, 21st Century, asking me to describe the accident and asking if they could look at my car (the one that had been totalled). I told the adjuster they were way too slow and the car was in some junkyard, who knows where. I recently got a letter from State Farm saying that they are sueing 21st Century for not reimbursing them for the accident. My guess is that they never paid the other driver for the damage to her car either. What a scam! State Farm is not cheap, but they really came through for me, very fast and efficient. To top it off, recently I got a letter from 21st Century asking me to rate their service at an online website. When I went to the website, it had a line "Last updated January 5, 2009" (Yes, 2009, not 2010) and it would not accept the logon id they had given me. These people are out to lunch.

• Wv
    WVmom Mar 23, 2010

I sure am glad for everyone's comments! I got a quote from 21st last night and it was going to save us about $700 a year to insure three cars. I told them I'd talk to my husband and call them back tonight. But after reading this page, I've changed my mind!

• Pe
    Peeoooded Mar 26, 2010

DUMP your 21st Century POLICY the old AIG...now going to be Farmers

In Oct 2009 I canceled my policy after 1.5 yrs due to a sudden 30% increase for NO reason... now they want a fee of $30.00 plus for their trouble ???... even thought I paid up the six month term policy. They are sending it to collections threatening to ruin my credit... Those Thieving ###os.
    I will most likely pay it... ( but I will have my $30.00 satisfaction in telling everyone I ever meet, know & have known and blog too to boycott this thieving company and when it's farmers I'll tell that story too... you can run you thieving ###os but you can't hide..

BOYCOTT 21st Century Auto Insurance and feel the POWER LUKE

• i find it disgraceful that 21st century charges 3.25 to process an online payment. Online payments in fact are more cost effective for companies that processing checks. Ridicules !!!

• Bk
    bkHouston Apr 11, 2010

This is what I did this afternoon. I sent this to the 21st Century customer support folks...

Why I am leaving 21st Century Insurance next month:

First I want to thank you for all of the years that I was with you. You were still AIG back then and then the big bailout issues happened. Then you were 21st Century. I was leary after the change over, but I stayed around because you already had my policies, and I was too lazy to change. Now you are going to be Farmers. Well, my policy is up on the 1st of May, and I called to pay my premium in full for the next 6 months. I really wish that I written down the agent's name. I was told that there would be a surcharge to pay my premium online or by telephone. I asked her if there were any other options, and she said that I could mail it in. So if I pay online or if I do not pay in full, you guys are going to raise more money by adding more fees. I asked if this fee could be removed and she basically told me that No, and that was the way it will always be if I wanted to be covered by this insurance company. There was no other option. I found the option, I do not have to be covered by your company after my policy is done. Apparantly, there are plenty of other companies out there that seem to want my business. I saved over 100.00 on my policy for more coverage. I know times are tough out there, and people are worried about financial uncertainties, but I would highly suggest having customer service people working for you that know about customer service. I felt like I was nothing but a number to your company. Kind of bad, considering I don't think your company can survive without people needing insurance. Hopefully this doesnt fall on deaf ears.

• To
    Tonyacb Apr 14, 2010

I am in such a jam. My son was in a car accident in my car over the weekend and when i called to report the claim I found out that I no longer had full coverage insurance. You can imagine my shock and surprise. I have had the same ful coverage insurance with the same company for over 6 years since it was AIG. When I asked how did this happen, they said I didn't return a consent to rate change form that NC requires. I told them 1st of all I never received a form like that and 2nd of I never had to fill out that form and my policy just automatically renews and I have my prem drafted out of my accuont every month. They said it was canceled in october but when I got my renewal policy it showed from 7/09-1/10 so how could they even change it in the middle of an active policy. I asked everybody I knew and they said they've never heard of the form. Regardless of that, they never even sent me a notice that my insurance had been changed so I could have at least fixed the problem. I've been riding around all this time thinking I have full coverage when I only have liability. They said they are only going to pay for damage to the other car but not mine. My car was still being financed and still owe $10, 000 on it. I can't stop crying wondering what I'm going to do. I told them since I never received they should at least just let me pay up retro the difference and cover my car but they said they won't do it I can only change it from this point forward. Does anyone know what I may be able to do. My car is totaled, I have no transportaion, I've been getting rides to work and renting a car 0n the weekend which is costing $70 I have no money to keep paying for4 it or I'll have to let some other bills go, my car is at the tow shop they won't let me get my stuff out until i pay for every day it's been siting there, I still have a car pmt to make or that will be on my credit. I'm just so depressed and don't know how I can get out of this or what kind of help I can get.

• Qu
    Quartzplayer Jun 10, 2010

I'm grateful for these reviews and this site. My motor club sent me a letter stating how I could get a better rate. No thanks. I'll stick with Allstate.

• Qu
    Quartzplayer Jun 10, 2010

I'm grateful I research 21st Century. My motorclub suggested them for a lower rate; but after these reviews, no thanks.

• Ds
    dshall Jun 22, 2010

How this insurance company is still in business is beyond me. They take the word "crooked" to a whole new level. In 2004, I called 21 Century for a quote for car insurance. I read the amount of coverage I wanted word for word from the company I was currently insured with. I even went so far as to fax a copy of our current policy and told them I want exactly the same coverage. Since the car I drive is not paid for, I have to carry full coverage insurance. I think, that's like a state law and insurance companies know all about it. The clue is when there is a lean holder. I then got a quote which was lower than my previous ins. company and made the switch (that was my mistake).
    In 2006, I had a car accident. My car has been dragged off by a wrecker from the scene of the accident and I'm thinking everything is going to be OK. WRONG, I call 21 Century only to find out that I DID NOT have full coverage insurance on a car that I was still making payments on even though I had full coverage with my previous insurance company and it was clear on the policy that I faxed to 21 Century.
    So when my bank called to confirm full coverage, did 21 Century lie to them? Remember I was required to carry full coverage.
    Now, my car is not driveable and since the airbags deployed, I can not tow the car off the lot. I do not have the money to have the repairs made. The repair shop said they would buy my car from me for $500 but I still owed $4, 000. I had no choice but to cash in my teachers retirement to make the repairs.
    I have a car that now cost me twice as much as it should have, no retirement and all Thanks to 21 Century Insurance. I hope no one has to go through what I went through! 21 Century is a rip off!!!

• Li
    LionelB Jun 30, 2010

thank you also for the reviews, had received an invitation/advertisement in the mail, had seen the televisions ads but after research have decided even if it's $100 less per year NOT WORTH THE HASSLES - again, thank you for the warnings...

jamie2010aug Aug 26, 2010

Stay away from 21st Century. It is a fraud.

A client of 21st Century hit my car. The client admitted fault and took full responsibility. Unfortunately, 21st Century refused to pay the whole amount, claiming that it was an equal fault. They even refused to review evidence. Unfortunately, the amount is too small for me to go to court. Needless to say, I was stoned for awhile. This company is a fraud.

If you are looking for a new insurance, please try other companies like AAA or Geico. If you are a client, just beware. If you get into accidents, you could end up in court very quickly because 21st century will most likely refuse to pay up.

If you are involved in an accident involving 21st Century client, make sure that you call the police and get a police report. Keep in mind that even with admission of fault from 21st Century client, this insurance company may not pay up.

MartinGus Oct 28, 2010

21st Century Insurance Scam Artists - 21st Century Insurance is a rip-off!

I switched from my old provider and was promised a much lower rate . They sent me a bill which was about $200 more per year. I asked for a bill that accurtately reflected the price I had a greed upon and they kept sending me the increased rate bill. My policy cancelled and they would not give me an old rate just a new one that was $300 more! 21st Century Insurance are a bunch of bait and switch artists.

-Marty, Tampa

• Je
    Jeffreypi Nov 17, 2010

Wait until you cancel your auto policy. I was charged a $50 cancellation fee!!!
    I filed a complaint with the CA Insurance Commission. Easy to do online.

• Mi
    M_I_N_E77 Nov 21, 2010

OMG!!! I'm really shock reading all these problems.I've been shopping for auto insurance, , eventhough we have Celina for right now.I've never heard Celina, but I assume it's under Mutual Insurance.
    We pay kinda expensive, so I got online quotes from Geico, All State Frame, Progressive.So far, my fave is Progressive, till a couple days ago, I was being nosey and did the online quotes again.
    Guess what, all a sudden I got nonstop phn calls from Farmers Ins, 21st Ins, State Ins, and others. Ins that I've never heard before!
    I was kinda bugged so I told them to call me back after office hour.I turned off my cellphone, they kept calling me till the next day.
    Apparently, Farmers gave me expensive ( only 9 bucks cheaper than Celina).Same with the others.
    Until I got email today, and checked that 21st century gave me the CHEAPEST rate, only $319/6 months.Meanwhile the others give me range $340-$497/6 mos.
    I was attempted to buy it right away, until I was tickled to get any info about this company.
    I ended up at this web, and oh my...my curiosity is answered!
    I love the rate they give me, but if I will experience this unexpected reason for "not fully coveraged anymore bla bla bla", then I'm willing to pay more or even stick with my current ins.
    Thank you so much for sharing your experiences.May God bless you and avoid you from dealing with bad insurance who only wants your money.

• Ca
    Carol Washington Jan 07, 2011

My daughter and I got rear ended, while we were setting at a light . no fault of our own . I had 3 camera 's in my car on our phones and ipod . But, We were in such shock we didn't even think of taking pictures of the other guy and his lady . They had a temporary tag on the car . Well we had uninsured motorist insurance with 21st Century, they have given us the run around after emergency room visits to therapy for months . That they limit . the amount that can be paid for medical . and than offer you an amount that is insulting .
    I have changed companies and I let everybody know what kind of company that are .

• Au
    aura8 Feb 01, 2011

i just turned in my lease which was a saturn, ive had about 3 saturns.
    bought a 2007 ion saturn. my insurance doubled to $2200 amonth. the safest cars on the road, the reps are telling me there to expensive to repair. in this day and age when most parts are transferable how can it be not the safest car on the road.
    3 reps and millions reasons why. i'm not staying with this insurance.
    i have a week to find a new one and a letter to someone to have them investigated will occur.

very dissapointed, been a customer for 10 years.

• Mi
    Mi51 Mar 02, 2011

Oh God. You guys are scaring the hell out of me by reading all this crap with 21Century Ins. I just moved my auto from Safeco to 21st Century Auto here in Michigan. I am so sad that we cannot trust quotes by real agents even. I do not trust this new company very much after reading the warnings here. It is 3/2011, so this comment is going to probably update the entire forum on 21 Century though. I have not had any problem transferring so far. I did save money to move from Safeco (which continually is raising my rates) and my homeowners insurance has doubled with them. So I am also bringing my homeowners insurance over to Farmners now (which owns 21st Century Ins.) Geezzzz...
    Now nobody is talking about their insurance credit scores with regards to 21st Century Ins. on this site. I am wondering if
    you all know that 21st Century takes in people FIRST if they have no accidents or tickets in the past 3 yrs. We have not had any of that for over 5 yrs. so they really wanted our business...huh? I will come back and let you know if our premiums increase during or after the first renewal. But I guarantee that IF it goes UP, the policies for auto (21st Century) and the homeowners policy (Farmers Ins.) will get OUT of my life ASAP.

• Am
    amk00 Mar 07, 2011

21st century is the worst insurance company I ever had, first they quote you one price and then they change it and they have the worst customer service, agents are rude. Save yourself a headache.

• Zo
    zonofabee Apr 20, 2011

If anyone is interested, when you have problems with insurance companies, don't hesitate to file a complaint with your state's insurance commissioner.

• Hi
    Highly P''''ed Off May 13, 2011

I have read these complaints above and, as a new 21st Century Insurance purchaser, I am alarmed. I came to this site to protest the fee that is required to be able to pay my premium online. I do not intend to remain with an insurance company that is so blatantly out of touch with current ethical business practices. If this company has no better judgement, where customer satisfaction is at issue, than what I am seeing or hearing then they are not the insurance company that they so vigorously claim themselves to be in their adds. I am also greaty dismayed to find out that I am really doing business with AIG, a company with one of the most alarming, abusive, profit mongering reputations in the history of the United States of America.

• Gf
    GFB08835 May 13, 2011

I just got finished getting a quote BEFORE reading complaints listed here and wanted to share the comedy. Currently with Liberty Mutual i pay 1721 per year for 2005 Quest and 99 Durango. So i went online and filled out online quote and as i was doing cell i get a phone call from Century 21. The quote comes up on screen and their prices are 1075 (less coverage) 1126(equal) or 1232(more coverage) per 6 months. I start laughing at the lady and she says let me transfer you to an agent to give a more accurate quote since website is a rough idea, so i humor it and wait for the guy to come on the line. So he reads the numbers real quick and i point out his numbers are 6months premiums not yearly and he agrees. I said WOW. He responded by saying something like "i see we are more and cant help you today" and he hangs up. So if you are dumb enough to use these people after reading the comments on this and other websites then you deserve whatever you get. If i had known they were AIG ### who took all that government bailout money just to give huge bonuses to the upper mgmt. i would not even wasted my time filling out a quote. The funny part is why do they even contact the person filling out an online quote before theyre even finished when they wouldve charged me 600 per year ? Do they really thing i would be interested? Have a good day, and i hope you read this webpage before wasting your time with the quote and rude attitude of the people at Century 21 Insurance.

• Gf
    GFB08835 May 13, 2011

I wanted to fix and clarify my sentence. (why doesnt the site allow you to edit? jeez)
    The funny part is why do they even contact the person filling out an online quote before theyre even finished when they wouldve charged me 600 MORE per year ?

• Le
    lemonde May 16, 2011

Thank you all for your feedback. I just got a quote from 21st C, and was considering switching from Geico, but after this informative reading I am staying put. My wife had an accident 3 years ago and Geico delivered outstanding service. So while on paper it looks like I would be saving $200/year, I will gladly pay extra to know I would be taken care of if needed. Thanks again!

• Zo
    zonofabee May 16, 2011

I had 21st.Century a while back. Although I never had a accident while being insured by them, we gave them up because of the continuous upcreep of our policy rate. We ended up with AAA Insurance. Still no accident, so like 21sth Century, we cannot report on the results, good or bad, if an accident should occur.

I did have an incident with GEICO. While I was not insured by them, I was driving my truck on a street, a female (GEICO insurance holder) pulled out from the curb, and into the front of my truck. The GEICO adjuster refused to pay for my expenses just "because I happened to be there", even though it was not my fault for the incident to occur. So, I say to you, add GEICO on your list of insurance providers to stay away from.

We are sticking with AAA for now, since they have the lowest insurance rate for my area. If the rate starts to creep up, again, we will start to shop for better rates elsewhere.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices