World Finance CorporationHarassment

I have had a loan with this company for approximately 2 years. I paid off the first loan and since my credit score had gone up a good amount of points in that year, I decided to take out another small loan. Within about 6 months, I lost my job because the company closed their doors - I was only given 1 day of notice. I immediately called the office, spoke to a new girl (they CONSTANTLY have new employees) and she said she would make a note on my account that my payment would be about a week late. I had done this in the past and there were no problems. I have made small payments (not my full payment since I was out of work until 2 weeks ago) and I was told that they would work with me. Instead, I get harassed at home, via mail, via phone, etc. EVERY day trying to get me to re-new it. I told them I would pay it off in FULL as soon as my taxes were complete. The employee that they have come out to my house and call is very rude and annoying. I told him that I had already spoken to one of the employees and that he did not need to be calling and coming by every day since I had already discussed the situation with someone. I was outside in my storage shed last week putting up some Christmas decorations when he pulled in my driveway. My oldest son had come to the door because he heard our dog barking like crazy. He opened the door to come to the shed and tell me that someone was there and the employee tried to go inside my house! I was coming around the corner to the carport and saw him with his foot on the threshold of the door getting ready to go inside. I called out to him and told him to get away from my doorway and he started stuttering and stammering because he'd been caught. Then he tried to say that he knew nothing of my phone calls to the office - no notes had been put on my account. He insisted that I let him use my cell phone because he didn't have one. Seriously? He calls me 100 times per week from his cell phone and he "forgot it". My cell phone is currently on stand-by because I have to put food on the table and a roof over my children's heads first and foremost but he called me a liar and got in my face. Then I did tell him that I had started a new job but it would be a month before I received my first paycheck because that is how long they hold it. He asked where I was working so I told him. Yesterday, I received a voicemail from him saying that he'd called three places and they all told him I didn't work there. None were the place I had told him so obviously, he didn't listen. I have had issues with this employee coming to my place of employment in the past when THEY screwed up and didn't credit my account for 2 payments. Luckily, we were busy so he finally just left a note at the front desk for me to call him. I got off work at 7 pm that evening and 2 other female employees were sitting in their car and started driving really slow behind me as I walked to my car then stopped when they got beside me and yelled my business out their window. I wrote a letter (sent it certified) to the manager about the issues and asked that I not be contacted any other way except for postal mail. Clearly, they are violating my request. Yes, I am behind but I made arrangements for it to be taken care of and I am making a portion of the payment each month until then. I will be so happy to have this loan paid off at tax time and I will make it CLEAR that I do not want to ever see or hear from any of them again. I do not even want to receive their promotional crap! They call and harass my parents, my fiance, and my fiance's parents EVERY day - they have lied to them saying that I haven't paid anything in 6 months+ etc. Something needs to be done about this company.

• Ow
    oweallmymoney Oct 11, 2013

Phonecalls made nonstop every day. Calls made to employers. Visits made frequently to my personal home address. Threats of check garnishments, taking personal assets, taking me to court. Refusal to accept partial payments or the amount of normal payment.