Wholesale EscapesBeware

A

BEWARE of Wholesale Escapes!!!

In January 2011 I attended a sales pitch by WSE. It was presented as a one stop shop for all travel needs. I do not like to spend hours shopping around, so I thought it would be great. I purchased a membership for $4049 that included 6 anytime (Primetime) condo rental weeks, 2 Free Family and Friends passes, and unlimited 50% off Restaurant.com access. After I was a member for approximately a month, I discover the following to be true:

-You can find flights significantly cheaper elsewhere. In my case I found deals $213 cheaper per adult for an overseas flight.

-Customer Service will NOT respond to emails. I emailed customer service, the customer service manager, and the president.

-Deals offered by WSE are NO better that the FREE sites like Priceline, Expedia, etc.

-They never deliver the customer portfolio promised in the presentation.

-Ticketing option does not offer tickets to popular shows like the “Moulin Rouge” in Paris.

• Sh
    shutemdownman Jun 28, 2013

So had anyone considered class action suit? I was robbed of 10k in 2010. I am ready to sue these clowns!

• Pe
    Pensacola Jun 18, 2012

I also purchased from this company, but my complaint is theft by fraud. In July of 2011 we were told not once but multiple times, we were getting a loan at a fixed APR of 2.9%, with payments of 50 to 60 dollars a month for the life of the loan to cover a vacation plan. Several days later we found we had been sold a credit card that would revert to 19.99% in six months. When we contacted the company we were given the run around and then told we had no recourse and to enjoy the plan. We were told we could complain but we would look like we had egg on our face. We have contacted several people and have tried to work with the company. Many papers have surfaced through our work with several lawyers and different consumer organizations. We have been slow with our pursuit of this matter but are back on track to recover our funds. This company should be held accountable by the State of South Carolina for violations of that states statures.

• Al
    Allez Dec 08, 2011

WARNING do NOT purchase a membership with Wholesale Escapes!!!

• Ki
    Kimberly Railla May 26, 2011

I was also ripped off by this company and have filed a formal complaint with the BBB. Their rating is now an F.
    They use very strong sales tactics and have no shame in regards to stealing from hard working people. I have also filed a complaint with the SC Sec of State.

• Ai
    AintLife1000 Apr 30, 2011

BEWARE of Wholesale Escapes!!!

-They never deliver the customer portfolio promised in the presentation.

I attempted to get a refund, but after a few phone calls, WSE stopped returning my calls and made no effort to resolve any of my complaints. If anyone has had similar problems with WSE, please do like I am, and take the following action:

1) File complaints with the Better Business Bureau (follow up) and the Federal Trade Commission.

2) File negative reviews on as many sites as you can find like /link removed/ local.yahoo.com, yelp.com, superpages.com, pissedconsumer.com, yellowpages.com, yellowbook.com, etc.

3) PROTEST peacefully in front of the business. Would you have purchased if you saw someone with a sign protesting in front of WSE? I would NOT have. This will impact their bottom line. Remember though, be honest about what happened, do not slander.

4) Spread the word! Don’t forget to warn you family, friends, co-workers, post it on your facebook etc. Save others from suffering the same fate.

5) Seek legal means of help. The SC state bar can give referrals, [protected].