WheelcorpScam

C

I have made a booking of Toyota Vios and paid a sum of RM3, 000 as deposit at a Toyota dealer Wheelcorp Sdn Bhd (Old Klang Road) on 7th August 2010.
Due to unexpected financial problem recently, I am unable to buy the car and appeal to the dealer for a refund. The branch manager rejected my appeal and threaten to forfeit the deposit if I can’t pay the down payment to collect the car. She is very rude and said she has all the right to forfeit in the event of cancellation of order for any reason whatsoever.
I then contacted UMW Toyota Sdn Bhd (Malaysia Headquarter) 603-[protected] at Shah Alam to explain my situation. The customer service representative said that they cannot do anything about it and my deposit shall be forfeited. I understand according to the agreement there is a clause stating that the deposit paid by the customer be forfeited in the event of cancellation by customer. However, I just could not believe that Toyota Malaysia is so inconsiderate that they will forfeit customer’s deposit money even if the customer is facing financial difficulties.
I would really appreciate if anyone can help me on this matter.