Wfc Pbp CpUnuthorized checking withdrawal

I just had a meltdown because of this and then I realized that the charge was for an internet payment on my Blair credit card. It had nothing to do with a pay by phone payment even though it says that on the bank statement. They should state what the charge is actually for in my opinion, but when I called Blair customer service to suggest this I was treated as if I was an imbecile for not looking at the tiny print at the very bottom edge of the web page where it said World Financial Corp, and putting that together for this one payment. They acted like since I am the customer, and the customer is always wrong, that I should not be allowed to put in a suggestion/complaint about this practice.
I will be closing this account and not dealing with them in the future.

• Al
    alindabob Aug 25, 2009

It is a credit card payment where the credit is actually provided by WFC for a department store card and PBP (pay by phone) is the system they use to process their payments. The actual store name (or HSN for example) will not show up on your statement. Hope this helps :)

• Tr
    Trishaep1 Nov 24, 2009

That helps a lot, thanks. I stopped a check today from them, they should let you know that they are charging a freakin fee to pay a bill!

• Tr
    Trishaep1 Nov 24, 2009

I happened to me and I had NO IDEA where it was coming from, They should tell you in the statement what they are charging a fee for.
    I will be sending payment via the snail mail from now on!

• Hu
    hurley25 Jan 05, 2010

WFC is World Financial Co not Wells Fargo. They process payments for HSN (Homeshopping Network) that were formally processed by HSBC.

• Hu
    hurley25 Jan 05, 2010

Also their ACH customer service # is [protected]. They can look up who this is paying by your name.

• Br
    BrooklineBob Jan 26, 2010

I too just receive a statement item WFC PBP CP paybyphone. I was worried because I do not use a phone for purchases. When I learned WFC is World Financial Co I recognize that company and it is a valid payment for my Haband Credit Card. I checked mybank stament for the amount withdrawn and an e-mail statement paying my Haband card and that matched so everything for me if fine.

• Ha
    harrry Feb 08, 2010

I have no dealings with world f bank and get money taken out of my account anyway

• Yo
    YOYO28 Feb 19, 2010

THEY BUNCH OF CROOKS!

Anyu73 Nov 24, 2010

WFC PBP is World Financial Company pay by phone ~ Smile generation using that company for online credit card payments. Smile generation is a credit line you apply for at the dentist. It's like Care credit

maxfraz Jun 06, 2012

World Financial Capital Bank (WFCB), a Comenity℠ company. WFCB issues your Haband (and others like Blair) credit card accounts. This what it says on the bottom of your Haband order statement online.
    On your Bank Statement it is shown as WFC PBP CP ( when you pay your bill online). The PBP stands for pay by phone but when you pay online there really is no PBP charge...Go figure????
    Otherwise you will still see the PBP (pay by phone) acronym on your statement whether you pay by phone or online. Capital Bank needs to fix that.

• Ke
    Kelly jo1 Jun 14, 2012

I am so upset, I just got a charge on my account for $100.00 dollars, that I do NOT have.
    On my bank account it only shows WFC PBP CP/WEB, I have no way of knowing what in the world am I being charged for. I do NOT have this kind of money just to donate. I am very very upset.How can I get this money back to me.Does anyone know?

• Ju
    juanita adame Jul 05, 2012

the same thing has been happening to me i dont know who is withdrawing money out 2 times a month out of my account im closing it tomorrow!! who can i call about this matter does anyone know??

• Ps
    ps03bps Sep 11, 2012

Call for more details. Will provide photo proof but not online.

• Vi
    victim4551 Jan 04, 2013

I just noticed my checking account charged $ 134.79 . And i do not know what is this for.