Wellness Watchers MDunauthorized charges

J

I am being billed by Wellness Watchers for $19.95/month. I never authorized the billing. I discovered, however, one of those letters to another addressee sent to my address saying that if I didn't say I didn't want the service or product or whatever it is, that my account would be billed.

I don't know how they got my account, but I have already complained to the better business bureau and the medical society in Chattanooga, Tennessee where the company medical director, Dr. Friesen is located.

• Na
    nancy harpool Aug 17, 2008

I too, am being charged a membership fee each month. I made the mistake of ordering Wu-Yi Tea from Wu Yi Source and this is what happened. I am told you are automatically enrolled in the membership plan. (the first time I heard about this). I have reported this to the fraud division of my credit card company and now I must have my credit card replaced and notify all of my regular charge payments of the change. What a mess. This MUST be stopped. It is thievery.

• Pa
    Pam Morley Aug 22, 2008

I too am being charged a membership fee each month. I made the mistake of ordering Wu-Yi Tea from Wu Yi Source and this is what happened. I am told I had to mark that I was interested in this program as well, so they say I'm now enrolled in the membership plan. (the first time I heard about this). I have reported this to the fraud division of my credit card company and will be reporting it to the BBB and the states attorney office. What a mess. This MUST be stopped. It is thievery.

• El
    elizabeth zubia Sep 17, 2008

i dont think it was my email that was used for this site but my bank was charged $29.95. i never ordered this and would like my money refunded assap. the other email that could of been used is [protected]@hotmail.com he did not have my promision to use my bank card.

Elizabeth Zubia

josie Mar 27, 2009

I just found charges on my bank statement for 1.89 and another for 29.95 from wellness watchers. I have never authorized charges for this.

• As
    asbagash Apr 09, 2009

Like other people I've rad about, I have also recieved unauthorized charges on my credit card. These people are horrible, they need to be stopped!

• Please call me at [protected] so I can take care of this for you right away. My name is Charity, and my hours are 10am-6pm Central Standard Time. Personally, I think that WellnessWatchersMD is a pretty good deal, or I wouldn’t work here. They send out thousands of $25 gift cards and $50 rebate checks every month. They also help hundreds of people with their Ask-the-Doctor service. If you were charged by mistake, I am authorized to give you a refund.

• Li
    Lisa1111 Jul 28, 2009

I too was charged for buying a lipgloss (which was charged 54 dollars with a rebate of 50$)

I completed the rebate and send it in, the requirement was to log in wellness md for a free trial of 14 days after which you will be charged 29.90.

When I tried to login to wellness md, the registration did not go through so i called the customer service and they said since I tried to register they have updated my records to indicate that I qualify for the rebate. The purchase was made 5/26/09 sent in rebate form on 6/3. Today is 7/28/09 and I still have not recd the rebate but my credit card company calls me about a 29.90 charge.

I call wellness md and they say they will refund but I will not get my rebate.

So they refunded the charge for this month when I kept stating that I just want the cancellation applied to this month. They refunded so they can use the excuse not to give my rebate of 50$.

In order to get my refund of 29.90 from June I must fill out a form and FAX it in.. Money sucking companies.. I never once used this product. The lip gloss is mediocre "celebrity sexy lips" supposed to be a lip plummer but it's more a lip gloss. dollar tree lip gloss's are more effective.

Cheaters.- wellness md and celebrity sexy lips company

• Sw
    Swindled in Colorado Feb 17, 2010

My credit card was billed three times without authorization. I don't know how they got my credit card info. I have contested it with Wellness Watchers MD. I made the mistake of trusting them, when I should have contested the charges through the credit card company. They told me they refunded one of the charges. Not true. I sent them paperwork the same day I received it. They didn't act on it, now the 6-month window has expired and they "cannot help me." They never did help me. I don't even know what services they offer, as they have given me nothing.

• Be
    Becky99999999 Jul 13, 2011

I ordered some products online from DermatologstRX.com and somehow this company, Wellness Watchers MD, got my name, address, credit card information, and started charging me for a membership I did NOT sign up for. My credit card company called me 10 minutes after the charge posted, I verified it was fraudulent, and they not only did not get any money, the original company who handed over my information had not yet charged me for my order since it's on backorder, so I don't even have to cancel THAT order! I love Capital One! They rock.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices