Wanted Auto Protectcompany logo

Wanted Auto Protect

Wanted Auto Protect

Learn how the rating is calculated

2 3 complaints
1 resolved 2 unresolved

Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more

Wanted Auto Protect Go to website

Wanted Auto Protect reviews & complaints

Wanted Auto Protect complaints 3

Wanted Auto Protect - Refund on the Car Warranty

I have the warranty for 5 years but today (after less than a year) I found out that the company is not working anymore (out of business)! I wonder how I can get my money back? Thanks!

Wanted Auto Protect - Receiving the balance of the amount paid after the policy was cancelled.

I have tried to communicate by e-mail and phone to this company and Mr. Rick Andellini. At first I was told 2-3 weeks for the refund check to be sent and then told 30 days. It is a few days past the 30 day period and I have concerns. From reading other complaints their refund issue policy is not accurate. I do not want to wait for months to have the agreed upon refund issued to me. Approximately $1, 790.00. I am in a frozen mode as the funds will be utilized to purchase a new vehicle with a warranty in place. The Wanted Auto Protect Extended Warranty coverage did not work out for me. I hope this company will stand behind what they contractually offer and issue the refund as promised.

Wanted Auto Protect - Will not return refund

I purchased a 100k miles warranty from them around June, 2014. In the contract, it states that you can cancel the contract at any time and you would be subject to a $100 cancellation fee and the purchase amount would be returned at a prorated amount less any claims. I did not have any claims. I cancelled the policy due to having to sell the car I had purchased after having it about 3 months (long story). They agreed that they would send me approximately $3, 850 back. That was almost 2 months ago. At first they told me it would take about 3 weeks for processing. After a month I called and they said that it had been sent but never arrived. They then said they would cancel that check and mail another one. I waited about 2 weeks I called back and was sent to a variety of voice messages. After about 4 times of this happening over 2 days, I finally got a hold of someone who then told me they had sent a check for $1, 500 and would send the remaining money after 2 weeks. "It should arrive at the latest on monday". That was 10/20/14 that it should have arrived. It never arrived. I told them that I would start communicating through the BBB and on any website that I could to get the word out. Joe Holden was was the person who sold me the policy and who I initially spoke with about the cancellation. I luckily sent them a notarized letter than was also certified with return receipt. Otherwise, they probably would have told me they never got the letter. If this is how they work on a simple policy cancellation, I can only imagine how they would be when it comes to actually covering any car. My recommendation is to stay away from this company!!!

Same here left hanging with a useless warranty out of money and 4 yrs of future repairs covered..not fair crooks

They are gone...out of business.If you have a claim or a refund you are SCREWED

I have been receiving numerous calls from these kinds of companies. I initially purchased, then cancelled after three months for fear of the rumors I heard about third party companies. I'll take my chances. Put a little money in the bank as though I was paying them and joila...I have money to pay for mechanical breakdowns or Christmas, if no breakdowns yet.

No they haven't filed bankruptcy, the owner just claims he's broke and they just shut down, everybody got screwed by this man as no one will get anything back

Have they filed for Bankruptcy? Chapter 11? What a SCAM!

What do we do if they owe us money? I knew the discussion with Mr. Andellini regarding an approved refund was not truthful. How sad for these people who led their customers astray.

R

I have avail Vehicle protection plan from Wanted Auto Protect on 7th March 2016. I have paid 1300$ for three Years coverage.

Based on the plan, I have given my car for repairing shop. Mechanic contacted to Wanted Auto Protect company to process with the required repairing.
Wanted Auto has collected all the information from the repairing shop and told that we will review and approve the claim in sometime.
Then after I tried to call Colin Green - Coverage Specialist and Rick Andellini - Director of Customer Relations. Rick had given me the assurance that in case of any issue you can reach out to me on email or phone [protected] ext: 598.

Tried to call on his/Customer care number since 15th April 2016, he/no one is not picking up the call or responding over the mail.

This seems that, Wanted Auto Protect is a scam Fraud and they eaten up my hard earned money.

I need help here to get my money back.

R

This seems that, Wanted Auto Protect is a scam and they eaten up my hard earned money.

I need help here to get my money back.

NO THEY ARE NOT IN BUSINESS ANYMORE...they shut down last week

Are they still in business?

I am having a similar issue! I have called four times, left numerous emails and no one will answer the phone or respond to my emails! I will never recommend this company to anyone! Biggest scam!

Seems like it was a miscommunication issue. I was finally able to reach Mr. Rick and issue turned out to be my old mailing address on file. A refund check had been mailed to my old address. Mr. Rick was really helpful and made sure that a duplicate check is mailed asap. He kept a contract stream of communications and I received my refund check in 3 business days.
Thank you Rick.

I am waiting for my refund also. No one answers that phone and it goes to a third party customer service center. They just take my name and number and tell me that someone will give me a call back. No one calls back. I had left 5 messages in the past month.
I had cancelled my policy on 1/14/2016 since i sold my car. Mr. Rick (manager) told me that i will get my refund check within 10 business day. It has been over a month now.
I also have been sending them email reminders but no reply.
Biggest scam and a fraud!!! Beaware

As promised, the full refund to the comment above had been processed within the 10-15 business days requested. This customer had been within the 30 day grace period and the full refund had been processed. A confirmation email had been sent with an ETA of when the refund check will be received.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions, or concerns!

I am also trying to get a refund with no success. I hope I get my money back. Did you get all the refund back. I wonder also about this company now. Thanks.

After speaking to the customer, we had mentioned that we are showing a refund had been processed to the original method of payment provided. After a brief hold, he had in fact confirmed that he had seen a refund processed two weeks back but might had not noticed. However, He did mention that he is not showing a refund for the full amount. The confusion had been the original charges had been on two separate occasions and had only refunded one transaction, so we confirmed with the customer and sent him the remainder immediately.

We hope we resolved this issue as soon as we possibly could.