Vons-Pavilionsunethical behavior

S Oct 14, 2019

Date of Incident: 10/12/2019 at Pavillions Grocery Store in Anaheim Hills.

I went into to my local grocery store as I do any other day and was shopping. I would be preparing for a family gathering this evening. As I make my way to the liquor/alcohol aisle, I grab a bottle of vodka and place it securely in my shopping cart. By this time, my shopping cart is full, so I set the bottle between two other items so that it does not move around. While I am doing this, I hear a woman yelling out loud, "I caught you on camera." I looked around and asked myself, "Is she talking to me? She then calls the store security, and they both walk towards me. She continues, "I saw you tucking the bottle." At this point, I am in disbelief. I responded and said, "Yes, I tucked the bottle between the huge case of beer and chips, " At that moment the women realized she was wrong. She then apologized, but sorry was not fixing the situation. The security looked at her in disgust and walked away. The woman happened to be the supervisor of the store. How is this possible? How does a supervisor react in such an unprofessional way? Is this Vons-Pavillions safety protocol? Is this how you treat your consumers, especially the ones that come in every single week? I am disgusted by the way she treated me and handled the situation. Not only did this woman humiliate me, but she made me feel as if I were a thief. I then asked to speak to her manager/store manager. Ron, the store manager, approached me and asked what had happened. I told Ron how is it possible that a Supervisor can be so unprofessional? How is she even a supervisor? Ron apologized and offered a free product. I explained that I could pay my groceries and do not need anything for free. I will never shop at this store again. I believe the supervisor, whose name is Blanca, pinpointed me out only because of my appearance, and that is not right. I do not understand how Blanca can be a supervisor. She should not be allowed to treat customers this way. This incident ruined by plans that I had for that day.