Vintage Sphynx Cattery โ€” Sphynx kittens

G Jan 29, 2019 Review updated:

Please be aware of Vintage Sphynx cattery, it's a kitten mill, they buy kittens from other breeders and post them for sale online on hoobly and other websites targeting US market. How do i know? Because out of 12 bambino sphynx kittens that they posted for sale on their website 9 of them have different date of birth. No legit breeder can have 9 litters of bambino sphynx cats in 5 month, in addition they have elf sphynx and regular sphynx posted for sale.
Also their website has TICA logo on it, but their kittens are not TICA registered, as well as they have VISA and MASTERCARD logos on their website which is false advertising since they only accept payments via wire transfer or paypal which gives you 0 protection against scam. Very sketchy transaction.. Anyways, besides nice pictures there is noting to fall for, stay away!

• Li
    Lidiya Sidyakova Apr 20, 2019

Hello everyone!
    My name is Lydia, I am a breeder of Vintage Cattery.

It is a pity that this person did not indicate his name. Apparently she / he has something to hide.

We have a very large cattery. We have more than 20 producers, their pictures you can always find on our website.
    Also in our cattery 10 employees. Therefore, we can allow to have a large number of litters, even more than 15 kittens in 5 months. The person who wrote the review above has obviously never seen more than one producer and does not know what a real cattery is.

Let me tell you about Vintage Cattery.

Our cattery was founded in 2007.
    Since then we have shipped more than 100 kittens to the U.S.
    Some of them you can see here:

By the way, join us on Facebook.

All our producers have good health and are tested every year, including HCM
    We give one year genetic health guarantee.
    Also we provide the guarantee for the kitten replacement in case of a positive diagnosis of the animal for HCM at the age of 1 year.

References from our US buyers available upon request

• Kr
    Kristinboz May 06, 2019

I have 3 very healthy happy cats from Vintage!!! Working with them has been a pleasure and the whole process went very smoothly!
    There are two ladies that work closely together at Vintage. Between two households, it is easy to have several litters at once.
    Not sure what the point this poster is trying to make but my experience, this “complaint” is completely false!

• Al
    Alexis Bailey May 06, 2019

I just purchased a 4 month old bambino from Vintage Cattery on April 24th and I picked her up from the airport on May 3rd. I found the entire process to be extremely easy and communication from the Cattery to be excellent. The kitten is healthy and well socialized - I could not have asked for a better experience. Additionally Vintage is more than happy to provide you with references from prior buyers so you can hear first hand experiences.

• St
    Stefanie Prince May 08, 2019

We recently purchased two kittens from Vintage in February 2019 (one sphynx, one bambino). Both kittens are extremely social and very healthy. The entire process was very easy and Vintage was always available to answer any of my questions promptly. We were given references. Vintage was very knowledgeable about the entire process of shipping the kittens overseas. The kittens came with health certificates and pedigrees as promised and I have been able to register both of my kittens with TICA. They provided me with HCM scans of both of their parents, photos of their parents, and videos of the kittens. Once the kittens travel was booked I was given their flight information and was able to track them.

They have multiple kings and queens which is why they are able to have multiple kittens with different dates of birth as they have multiple litters. They also are able to have sphynx, elf, and bambino kittens because they have those varieties as kings and queens. Their Cattery name is registered with TICA which is why they have the TICA logo. Like i said, I had no problems registering my kittens with TICA with the pedigrees and certificates I was given.

I am happy to be a US reference for them and I’m looking forward to getting another kitten from Vintage in the future !

• Ba
    Bambamandlia May 14, 2019

I researched this Cattery extensively prior to purchase. I was cautious about using western union, until I learned why they use this method. Vintage Cattery has been scammed by people who have purchased their cats via other methods and then retrieved the payment after receiving the cat. I believe one person actually stole 5 cats from them by using PayPal and reporting the transactions after receiving the cats.

Through research, I found many positive references and could not find any bad information about the Cattery, and so I took the plunge.

I have now purchased 4 cats from vintage: 1 bambino, 3 regular sphynx (one for my mother). Whilst purchasing my first kitten (Bam Bam), I actually picked up and transported another kitten for a lady in my state (Ohio). During this pick up (at Dulles international), I met a man who was purchasing his fifth cat from vintage!

From owning 4 of their cats and having spoken to numerous individuals who also own their cats, I don’t have a single bad thing to say about this Cattery.

The health of my cats is perfect. Their personalities are exceptional! You could not ask for more loving and socialized babies. You don’t get cats this well balanced from somebody who is not taking care of them properly. They are outstanding.
    I stand behind this Cattery and wouldn’t go anywhere else. There are a lot of dirty breeders out there, vintage is not one of them.

My email or phone number can be obtained through the Cattery and used as reference to anybody considering purchasing who wants a true and honest review.

Julie, Ohio USA

Mattmcg Aug 22, 2019

I have purchased 3 cats from Vintage. 2 sphynx a year ago, and 1 Elf recently. Nothing but great cats, no health issues, all paperwork included. I work law enforcement in my county, and did my homework. They use me as a reference. I have 2 local cats I bought, they do not compare to Vintage! I'm buying another Elf or Dwelf soon from them again.

Madeleine Dufault Aug 22, 2019

I bought a 9 month old bambino sphynx from Vintage Cattery at the beginning of August, and I received him on the 18th! Elena and Antonio, the owners, are super helpful and make the entire process super simple. They respond quickly with all of the answers to your questions or any info you may need. I even received a photo of my baby in his carrier at the airport! He visited the vet today and is a healthy, happy boy. I couldn’t be happier! I highly recommend buying from the Vintage Cattery if you are interested in bringing a sphynx into your life. They are such adorable, loving animals.

• Ta
    Tania&James Aug 25, 2019

We purchased an Elf and a Sphynx from Lydia at Vintage Cattery in the summer of 2019. Purchasing from overseas was a new experience for us. Lydia was very knowledgeable and walked us through the entire process. She always had time to answer our many questions. The kittens arrived alert and healthy. They are well socialized and very affectionate. They are a great fit for our family.

• Cj
    cjhath87 Aug 26, 2019

I had a great experience with Vintage. Sure, buying online from across the world is scary, but it all went smoothly.

They kept me posted on the flight, sent pics of her before, and even checked in to make sure I picked her up. Her travel crate was super nice and soft and they made sure she had plenty of food and water.

My kitten is well socialized and an angel. At her first vet check, my vet made several comments about how healthy she was and that she came from a place that really cared.

If I get another kitten in the future, I will definitely use Vintage.

• Qu
    QueenSersi Sep 03, 2019

Vintage Cattery were there for me after my fire. They are very professional, respond promptly, very considerate of what I have been through and through them I got my Vintage King Zeus. Our baby boy kitten is very vibrant, handsome, very energetic, and most importantly very healthy. He bought us a lot of joy in our lives. I will buy again from Vintage Cattery in the future. Here is our baby kitten just before his bath ...

Sara1023 Dec 12, 2019

I recently purchased a wonderful sphynx kitten from Vintage Cattery. I am in California so i was uncomfortable to purchase a kitten from across the world but Vintage Cattery made everything very easy and answered all my questions promptly and had tons of experience shipping kittens safely. They sent me all the flight information and pictures of my kitten when they dropped her off at the airport and I was able to track her flight. Now I can say that my kitten, Rose, is the best cat I’ve ever had, she is extremely loving and cuddles all the time, she is very playful too. She is very healthy and very happy and I would definitely like to purchase my next cat from Vintage Cattery.

• Lo
    Lola390 Apr 01, 2020

Bought 3 cats from them, only one was healthy. One died of HCM as soon as he turned one while the 3rd came with giardia from this cattery. Very disappointed. Over $2, 500 on vet Bill's and all I got was a defensive and dismissive response from Lydia.

• Cr
    Crystal Renteria Apr 21, 2020

I have bought several kittens from vintage cattery and have been very happy with all of them... they have all been happy and healthy.. I would definitely recommend them!

• Gs
    G Santos May 19, 2020

I bought two beautiful babies from Vintage Cattery, A female sphynx in 2017 and a male bambino sphynx in 2019. I was beyond pleased with Vintage Cattery. I had the pleasure of dealing with Antonio, he not only answer all of my thousands of questions but he did so in a timely fashion. When my family and I decided it was time for a new addition we did not hesitate in contacting Vintage Cattery. What I love most about this place and why I would highly recommend them is all based on the personality of my two cats. We thought we lucked out on how sweet our girls was but our boy is FABULOUS! Vintage Cattery make sure that the buyer is well informed during the process and you can tell by the cats demeanor that they are very well cared for. I purchased one using PayPal and the other using Western Union, both of these payment methods work without a hitch. I will definitely be back for a 3rd!!!

• Ga
    Gaiaoakhem Sep 04, 2020

Vintage Cattery has very high quality Sphynx, elf’s, bambino’s and dwelf’s . JutI live in the USA. I have two kittens from them . You can tell their kittens are raised with a ton of love and high quality foods. Their kittens are extremely affectionate & beautiful. Antonio is a pleasure to work with . He is clear & hard working . He arranges all your kittens travel with ease and grace. You can be confident your kitten is safe & will arrive to you with no stress.
    I highly recommend you add any type of sphynx kitten/kittens to your family & I highly recommend you get your new family members from Vintage Cattery . My kittens from Vintage are a huge blessing in my life.

• La
    Lahra Oct 17, 2020

We have recently purchased two kittens from Vintage Cattery (October 2020)
    They were very professional, kind and whenever i had a question i got a prompt answer.

The both kittends (one girl and one boy) travelled safely all the way from Russia to Switzerland.
    We kept eachother up to date during the whole process and i felt absolutely safe with them.

I can only recomment buying kittes from that cattery!
    They're stunning and super affectionate! Both got along with our two adult Sphynx within 2 days of their arrival! They're both healthy, social and you can tell they were raised professionally (not afraid of any hoovering machine and they're used to bathe too). Both came with a passport all documents. Plus they are from excellent parents! Both are so beautiful! Top breeding qualities! Both experienced a lot of love growing up - you can easily tell that!

The whole process went super smooth and we are extremely happy with our kittens! During our waiting time for the delivery, we got updated with videos and professional pictures, we are super satisfied!

Thank you so much! We love our little miracles!
    If we buy another one, we're surely buying another kitty from Vintage Cattery !

• Lo
    lopezanabel Oct 22, 2020

I picked up my kitten yesterday evening from the Miami International Airport. He is the sweetest cat I have ever met. This is my first pet cat and he exceeded all of my expectations. He is super sweet, well-behaved, and healthy. Vintage really does an amazing job and making sure their babies are healthy and socialized. I have never met a cat so amazingly socialized in my life before. My kitten is 8 months old now and is as perfect as can be. I know he came from an amazing place who loves their animals. Vintage is extremely professional and made sure to answer all my questions and guide me through the whole process as smooth as possible. I definitely recommend them 100% yes. I will never go to anyone else besides them. They were super patient even though there were a lot of inconveniences with flights due to COVID-19. They always had excellent customer service. Thank you Vintage and I am glad to be a good reference in the United States.

• Le
    Lena Haugen Nov 06, 2020

A few days ago I finally got my babies home, one Sphynx and one bambino. I was really scared to transfer so much money because I heard so much stories about cat scammers but I got my catsโ˜บ๏ธ They are well socialized and really affectionate ๐Ÿฅฐ love this cuties already! Svetlana always answered quickly. I can recommend this cattery and if I want one more I can buy from them again.

• Gr
    Greg schachle Nov 10, 2020

I just received a kitty from vintage and I can say i am 200% satisfied with the overall experience and communication is very professional and the whole thing went very smooth so if anyone is looking at her kittens don't hesitate you won't be disappointed.

• Mi
    Michael + Tweeter Nov 21, 2020

Had such a good experience with vintage cattery :) Lana helped me every step of the way and helped me pick out the perfect sphynx for me, having my kitten go so long traveling from Russia to New York i was afraid he might be a skittish however he was affectionate and friendly as soon as i welcomed him home:) definitely recommend them and will be sure to go back for me 2nd ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ very well socialized and the most loving kitten I’ve ever met, he’s sitting on my lap as I write this review ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

JasmineHuo Nov 21, 2020

My Beautiful blue bambino just arrived home yesterday! He’s so loving and playful !
    His ears eyes feet are very clean when first see him in person . The cattery definitely toke great care of him before he is coming home !
    Working with vantage cattery was a blessing!
    Recommend!

• Pa
    Paola Rios Nov 22, 2020

I just got a bambino kitten from them, I had a very good experience! The communication is great, very nice and professional people!!! 100% recommended

• Al
    Alla Babarin Nov 22, 2020

I’ve had my eye on this specific cattery and breeder for a while now until finally deciding to get one of the kittens myself. I was kinda worried because of the scams going on recently with Sphynxs’s but the owner had gained my trust and it was absolutely in addition to the best decision I made. We now have the kitten and she is wonderful! Gets along with my kids and other pets in the house. She is also very agile yet calm. Overall, I most definitely recommend for everyone interested!

• Au
    Autthanee Tangtongwechakit Nov 24, 2020

I have purchused the bambino kitten from Vintage, flying to Texas.
    There is no any problem and the kitten was very cute much more in the pic itself.
    I totally recommended anyone who thinking about getting Sphynx to buy from here.

Comments

By clicking Submit you are agreeing to the Complaints Boardโ€™s Terms and Conditions