Value City FurniturePoor Customer Service & Lack of Attention to Crucial Details

D

I invested heavily at Value City Furniture - N. Olmsted (VCF): $5, 000 worth in a living room set, bedroom set, and accessories. Unfortunately, the saleswoman, manager, and movers of VCF did not reciprocate the same level of commitment towards me.

First: the saleswoman inexplicably entered the wrong color for the living room set. I had repeatedly pointed out to her that I wanted the same, exact color as the showroom version (brown/beige); however, she ordered the Bordeaux (red) version, which was not in the showroom.

Second: the incorrect living room set arrived, and on top of that, a terribly defective accent chair arrived (both armrests each had >5 major dents, scrapes, and holes).

When I contacted the saleswoman, she mentioned that VCF couldn't deliver the correct set for another 3 weeks. When I responded that I would reject delivery *and* hold onto the defective/incorrect furniture, the turnaround time 'suddenly' shortened to 1 week! And, the saleswoman refused to admit her mistake at first.

1 week later, another defective accent chair arrived (this time one armrest still had >5 major dents, scrapes, and holes - I suppose this is 'progress'). I contacted the saleswoman yet again, and she instantly deferred me to the manager b/c she "couldn't do anything about that". After speaking with the manager (Mr. Stalker), I had to wait another 4 days for a third delivery attempt.

I had repeatedly requested to both the move coordinator and the movers to call me 1 hour before actual delivery, so that I would minimize my lost wages for leaving work to be there for delivery. However, the movers called me only 10 minutes ahead of time. Within 15 minutes, I hurried back home; the movers had already left, and did not wait 5 minutes for me.

I contacted the manager (Mr. Stalker), and he indicated that the accent chair “may be delivered at the end of today or maybe tomorrow”. When I asked how VCF would pay me back for lost wages and how I've been mistreated, the delivery suddenly arrived 1 hour later.

Overall impressions at VCF - N. Olmsted: furniture comes at a competitive price, but employees (customer service and management) are incompetent, inconsiderate, and uncoordinated.

When I talk to friends and relatives about moving and purchasing furniture, I will make a point to tell them 'Buyer Beware' when they consider VCF - N. Olmsted.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices