ADVERTISIMENT

Fri:9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sat:Closed

Reviews and Complaints

American Automobile Association [AAA] — Towing service

On 6/13 my car had a radiator pipe burst and it was towed by AAA to the nearest AAA repair center (since my...

American Automobile Association / AAA.comMember services/unauthorized use of member benefits with/no resolution for customer/member

I am a Premier Member. Membership # [protected], formerly # [protected]. My mother pays for membership for herself, my brother, and myself every year. There has been unauthorized use of our account and our entitled services that we pay for by someone who had our account information. I was with this person ONCE (AAA services follow the member, not the vehicle), and we used my AAA member services. Unbeknownst to us, this person then used our account an additional 6-7 times. These phone calls were UNAUTHORIZED and FRAUDULENT, and were made without my/our permission or knowledge (I was not with this person when she called in for the following 6-7 times for service, so in your theory of services follow the member, not the vehicle, there should be no issue with rejecting these calls as not valid and providing me, the member with the benefit of doubt in reimbursing me accordingly). Due to this person using our member services without our permission or knowledge, I was charged a $75 fee the last time I called for service on my vehicle because the number of allotted calls "had been used."
I realize that this could not have been prevented due to the fact that this person had our membership info (ONLY the account number). However, I would like to be granted some respect and consideration as a member in reporting to you that this person was not authorized to use our services those additional 6-7 times. I am appalled at the reasoning I was given to deny this claim by AAA Member Services, and the justification as to why I would not be reimbursed the $ 75 fee for service. As a paying member for Premier services, I would like for this situation to be considered for what it is, and for what was described by me, the member in reporting this to AAA - the person who is not a member of our family, a person who is not listed on the account, and a person for whom services were not purchased, used our services and account without our permission. If you look at our account, you will see the following people listed for coverage: Gloria Cappuccio (primary), Anthony Cappuccio (brother), and myself Karen Cappuccio. Nowhere in our account history does it list this person as being entitled to any of our member services.
When this activity was discovered, I created a password for the account to prevent further fraudulent activity from this person. I would like the account to be noted as such, and please REMOVE this person's details (I believe her phone # begins with a 916 area code, and her vehicle is a silver Mercedes). Also, please reopen and investigate this claim. I also would like to be reimbursed the $75 fee.
If this is not looked into and resolved properly as described above, I will contact an attorney on my end to follow through with this claim.

Karen V. Cappuccio, [protected]