Universal Vacation Club — additional fees
We have had this time share for seven years. Due to aging parents, we have been unable to use our weeks consistently for the last couple years and have put unused weeks into their bank. This year we missed the deadline, a deadline we didn't even know about, to bank our weeks free and now to keep them, we have to pay $70 for each week, even the weeks put into the bank in prior years. I have received two emails in the last week to bank this time for the fee but received no emails at all as notice that the free banking period was ending.
Another thing: We paid $13, 000 for our off season week and now pay $627 a year for that week. Take a look at any hotel booking site and you will be able to get seven nights at this resort for pretty much the same cost as our yearly dues.
We like this resort. We are sorry we haven't gotten to go every year. But buying into this resort, and probably any other Universal timeshare is a huge waste of money and you must be prepared to pay lots of extra charges and put up with yearly attacks by salespersons during your stay.
More Universal Vacation Club Complaints & Reviews
- Universal Vacation Club - Buyer beware of the villa group - uvc
- Universal Vacation Club / Villa del Palmar Flamingos - Deceptive Timeshare sales
- Universal Vacation Club - Deceptive / fraudulent sales tactics
- Universal Vacation Club - They do not honor contractual benefits
- Universal Vacation Club - Shady deals with timeshares
- Universal Vacation Club - Terrible company
- Universal Vacation Club - Misrepresented availability of the unit we bought
- Universal Vacation Club - Timeshare
- Universal Vacation Club - They screwed me
- Universal Vacation Club - Rip off