Tutor VistaConsumer fraud

O Review updated:

In search of a tutor for my son, I did an engine search and found an on-line tutoring service named tutor vista.

I signed up for the trial service that was 49.00 and then billed at 100.00 monthly.

they made great promises of being available 24 hours, you can use a headset and talk with an actual tutor for most subjects. It sounded great.

My son;s first encounter was a total waste of time. It took the tutor 30 minutes to find information to help my son with one geometry question. then he had difficulty understanding the tutor. Our session was probably 15 minutes which ended in no answer or help with the question.

So I thought we would try the service one more time before cancelling. The second encounter was no better. bad communication and the whole session was "can you hear me, can you hear me"

So I requested a refund on-line because I could not get through to the phone number that was given me.

I was told due to the fact that they wanted to make sure that they were talking to the right person, all request had to be done on the phone.

It took several phone calls before I actually talked to some one. they ensured me that I would get a full refund and I would receive confirmation by mail. I never did.

I sent several more e-mails stating that I would like a refund as promised per their policy. I received e-mails back stating that they were sorry some one would call me in 24 hours.

They of course did not. I finally received a phone call this week stating that I need to call again to customer service department.

I did this today and was told that someone would call me back. Granted they never asked for my phone number or name or account number.

I feel that this is consumer fraud and that parents out there looking for tutors should not use their service.

• Du
    dukie020))) Oct 07, 2009

Do you have the customer service number by any chance? I cannot believe I signed up for this.

• Ju
    juarezcanepa Feb 03, 2010

i am in 8th grade and i used tutor vista. it was a total waste of time. i had a extremly difficult question for them i waited a whole hour and they kept trying to disconnect me and reroute me to the so called "master counsler". do NOT use this website or sign up for this website thet will steal your money and waste your time.

• Bu
    Bulll Feb 26, 2010

Well I have signed for one month.
    I am really happy with the service

• Fa
    Fake Vista Mar 10, 2010

11th Mar 2010

They are fraud and scam vista and once you pay them no phone reply. I am totoally unsatisfied with this Indian Banglore fake group as they are expert in making promises.

Please be aware and they are located at Banglore city with fake Linked in company info online. In the beggining of subscription and to capture the students they provide service than once you are caught in trap -----------
    I am extremely mad and please tell where to officialy complain for this company? I am going to send an email to PayPal customer service to ban them from charging people for scam company.

• Ca
    calculus master Mar 21, 2010

these foreigners can't answer my questions or comprehend english.

• Ca
    calculus master Mar 21, 2010

These foreigners can't even speak english, let alone answer a math question.

• Tu
    Tutor vista- Cheating with Mar 25, 2010

UPdate guys---------25th Mar 2010
    The link below is it self created by Vista team member

I submitted my remark yesterday and surprised that the next morning my complain review was deleted by their team member------------------------

Keep it up U Vista and yes foreigners don, t know english but u guys who are non foreigners know their mother tongue better than Americans?

What a joke-------------------------

• Gu
    GuestGuest Mar 25, 2010

I see lots of complaints regarding TutorVista. These complaints are because you fail to show interest and check the actual system of work in the company.
    1. Why do you need to reach the customer care by phone when you have a button on the portal for customer care. If you sign in to your account you will see the button on the top right corner reading "Customer Care". Click on that button and you will get assisstance. As a matter of fact, this system is very effective as these chats are recorded and monitored by external agencies.Also this chat connects you to the right person in the Problem Redressal Squad. When you call TutorVista by phone, it can connect you to inappropriate person.
    2. Again if you dont find a tutor then hit the Customer Care button and they will arrange for the best tutor available.
    3. Every company has a bad history.Search the google for Microsoft Scams, Apple Scams and even you will find tons of consumers complaining against them.
    4. There are few very good tutors in Tutorvista.If you find som of them then add then to your Preferred tutor list at the very moment so that u can take classes from them and them only.
    5.India and US...yes there is difference of culture and whatnot. But the only formula nowadays is Adaptation and Acceptance.
    6.Quality comes at a cost. What more do you expect for $50?

• Once again Tutor Vista team member is here to support them-----------------------
    Ed Helper which cost 20$ a month why no one is complaining about them so here all the people are wrong-------------------------
    Tutors from tutor vista provide answers to the student which is wrong--------------------

The example of Vista company is like this Mercedes Car as manufactures are German but Mechanics are from India so of course how mechanics now the real problem of car since they have no training as well?

• Tanmoy Mar 28, 2010

I purchased a week long subscription for some problems with Propositional Logic math problems. I gave the same problems to 3 different tutors and all had different answers. The way they showed validity and invalidity was just BS.
    Furthermore, they put me on a membership for a month and charged my credit card $99.99 even though I only purchased a week service for $19.99. So, I called them and they referred to the “fine print” which I never saw.
    I told them that it is very deceiving and they should consider refunding the money. I talked to three different people and asked for supervisor. Sadly, they all told me the same recorded statement about their “strict no-refund policy.” There weren’t any human connection to this company. All were talking as if they were robots. I called them the first day the new monthly subscription started and even then they refused to refund my money.
    Anyway, so then I called the credit card company and filed a complaint. I am still surprised that they are not in trouble for false marketing. It has a potential to be a great business. They need to realize that American customers do not stick with companies that are deceiving.
    Unfortunately, TutorVista got a lot of free media coverage in America. Most news channel covered their story because it is an interesting business model. I wish news networks verified their business ethics before publicizing them.

• Al
    alextane Apr 28, 2010

I am in my college, I had a very good experiience with TutorVista.I feel this site has lot to do to help me learn.I had purchased one week's trial package which they extended for like 10 dyas to help me with more sessions, to complete my project for the term.

Alex

• Sp
    spam420420 May 04, 2010

Ok, so here is the best way to sign up for tutorvista.com. If you have a credit card, find out if you can create a virtual account number. With virtual account number, you can specify a dollar amount and an expiration date and it will randomly generate a card number/expiration date. That way, if they do not properly cancel your account on time, you will not be charged the $300 automatic renewal fee.

Also I found that it is very hard to get ahold of a customer service phone number. I finally tracked one down and it is [protected]

Hope this helps.

PS. I use a Citicard credit card because I know they offer virtual credit card numbers for safe online shopping.

• Fe
    Fedupwith Vista May 04, 2010

Now the Vista team member staff is here to dump new customer again?
    Please don, t trap and be in front that the tutor are based in India and Indians are good in teaching American curriculum and blah blah

• Je
    Jennifer Bunch May 13, 2010

TutorVista-They don’t accept my Amex card:

TutorVista does not accept Amex card when other sites are accepting it .I wanted to register with TutorVista.com, for a 3 months subscription. They did not accept my dad’s Amex card .Please suggest what can I do?????????-

Kevin

• Vi
    Vista case Jun 02, 2010

Now I hope some of their team member will come and give comments to trap new customers.
    They are totally fraud Vista and one should file case against them for taking my 400$ money and stealing my credit card number?

• I signed up to find that it was crap,
    All i got was ... nothing
    they never answer and when they do its just rubbish i needed it for my exams and they told me to buy a special deal which they were giving out to everyone. I bought it and then afterwards i logged as no one and they offered me the same deal. does that not prove that they are liars, i believe that frauds should be monitored and if you read all of the comments shown above most of them look as though they are wirtten by the same person.
    someone hired by tutor vista. I am excellent in finding clues as i am an internet searcher looking for fake things. I do belive that action is need against those who choose to rip off poor innocent people just for money. If tutor vista believes this to be the right way in life then they are wrong and they know themselves that what they are frauds and liars and i belive legal attention should be taken.

I will be consiladating my lawyer later this week. But i am sure he will agree.

jamesies Aug 19, 2010

They might seem like a totally honest tutoring business with tons of positive interviews from news networks. This was actually done years and years ago. Now? They've become a scamming company that takes money from innocent students and families. I've actually seen tons of positive feedback from reviews in [protected], but at around 2008 everyone started hating them. It's because TutorVista has used these reviews as a way to advertise. Go on the site itself. You'll see these advertisements all around the site. And TutorVista is very damn stubborn alright. I called them about the tutoring business and if it was reliable, but they kept rambling on about the interviews. I asked them why they lie about their services but he had an hour talk about the reviews and how they're reliable, but the people are just faking. All these reviews have been done in the past, and it's amazing how TutorVista is becoming worse and are only attracting more people...

• Za
    Zamarud Zargar Sep 09, 2010

Absolutely right, they are big fraud.
    My suggestion to them is change name from tutorvista.com to fraudvista.com or cheatervista.com.
    They are draining students money, by luring them quality education and unlimited tutoring sessions.
    Actually one gets only 30 hours of tutoring sessions per month.
    Their tutors are worst.
    This is only wastage of time and money. Anybody willing to suit against them, please contact me at [email protected]
    Thanks

• Tu
    Tutor Vista is A Scam Sep 17, 2010

Tutor vista is a total scam.

Read more horror stories here. Find a local tutor at your university or high school instead of mailing away money for basically nothing.

Matthew151594 Oct 08, 2010

TutorVista is a horrid site, I'm a junior in high school and I was talking circle around a sales rep. as seen in the convo. below:
    Welcome to TUTORVISTA !
    Type your question in chat window below.
    [ 10:57:37 PM ] Guest : Need help in Chemistry
    [ 10:57:54 PM ] Acad Coordinator : hello
    [ 10:57:57 PM ] : I am john here
    [ 10:58:01 PM ] : I'm your Academic Counselor for the day.
    [ 10:58:07 PM ] Guest : Okay the last person that helped me just sent me to the other page when i asked a simple quesiton... I'm already displeased with this site...
    [ 10:58:21 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Let me know your grade to help you better.
    [ 10:58:26 PM ] Guest : 11
    [ 10:58:31 PM ] Acad Coordinator : okay
    [ 10:59:01 PM ] : Are you preparing for an upcoming test or assignment?
    [ 10:59:09 PM ] Guest : Yeah
    [ 10:59:19 PM ] Acad Coordinator : okay
    [ 11:01:48 PM ] Guest : Can you please tell me how I can trust that im getting the help that I need, because I was told that all of your tutors have a masters. However, does this mean each tutor that I'm connected to has a masters in the specific subject, or what? Also, I would like to know if each tutor passed the strict qualifications that the US teachers have to take to become certified
    [ 11:03:39 PM ] : Hello?
    [ 11:04:46 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Yes
    [ 11:05:07 PM ] Guest : Okay... yes doesn't really answer the question...
    [ 11:06:24 PM ] : Having to wait 5 minutes for a responce like that really makes me doubt that you would be able to help me in High School chemistry...
    [ 11:06:48 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Okayt
    [ 11:07:46 PM ] Guest : do you mind answering my question about the program in a complete sentance? I mean whats going on here; I need to know how this works and the qualifications each tutor has before I spend my money.
    [ 11:07:57 PM ] : *sentence
    [ 11:08:01 PM ] Acad Coordinator : wait
    [ 11:08:25 PM ] : Let me tell you how our Expert tutoring work
    [ 11:08:57 PM ] Guest : I know how it works first adress my quesiton please.
    [ 11:09:13 PM ] Acad Coordinator : okay
    [ 11:09:57 PM ] : We do proper screening of our tutors the have to clear a test before they start tutoring to our staudents
    [ 11:10:03 PM ] : Student*
    [ 11:10:45 PM ] Guest : Okay now is this a general test covering all subjects, or is this a test covering what they have a masters in?
    [ 11:11:10 PM ] Acad Coordinator : Yes it cover only the subject the tutor Mater in
    [ 11:11:57 PM ] : We also do check there past experience.
    [ 11:12:20 PM ] : Most of our tutors are having teaching experience
    [ 11:14:17 PM ] Guest : Okay, if anything let me tell you my experience thus far with TutorVista, I've had to wait for service (which was bad and couldn't answer simple questions), and from what I can see from all of the spelling errors and the grammatical errors with your typing I would rather get help from a elementary student. In my honoest opinion, TutorVista has horrid sales representatives. This is why you company has such bad reviews.
    [ 11:14:38 PM ] : *your
    [ 11:15:24 PM ] Acad Coordinator : You can see that we have being featured in most of the new channel
    [ 11:17:00 PM ] Guest : Okay, this was all in previous years when tutor vista first came out. If you would just google tutor vista you would find so many complants, but I wanted to see for my self I now see why you're going bankrupt.
    [ 11:21:32 PM ] : Are you just going to have me sit here and wait for nothing with a one word responce, or are you going to actually going to start being a good sales rep for your company?
    [ 11:22:14 PM ] : I mean its been 4 1/2 mins from the last time you gave me an answer are you even there, John?
    [ 11:24:35 PM ] : "Tutor vista though cheap, very unreliable. Tutors not showing up and technical difficulty is the most common excuse that they show. Refund policy is horrible. It would take for ever to get something done there. I used them for more than 6 months. During that period, I must have complained them seven times with “NO OUTCOME”. They remain same. Promises, promises…." -Posted by Anonymous http://www.edtechreview.net
    [ 11:25:21 PM ] : just one of the many negative reviews... on this company
    [ 11:27:04 PM ] : John, may I ask what you're doing I mean I need some feed back from you; I mean all you're doing at this point is furthering my opinion aout this company.

• Ho
    Homework Minute Jan 15, 2018

@Matthew151594 Great help for students really. I wanna share another effective study source, Online Tutoring.

• Sh
    Shotta Oct 15, 2010

Welcome to TUTORVISTA!!! TUTOR VISTA IS A JOKE!!!
    TutorVista says: 12:57:13 AM

Tutor will be joining you shortly.
    TutorVista says: 12:57:43 AM

Please type your question in the chatbox / whiteboard.
    TutorVista says: 12:58:13 AM

You can upload your document on the whiteboard.
    Ramesh says: 12:58:48 AM

Hi Correy
    12:58:55 AM
    This is Mr.Ramesh, Maths tutor
    12:59:02 AM
    How are you doing?
    12:59:40 AM
    Nice to have you online here.
    12:59:53 AM

01:13:42 AM
    a=1
    Correy says: 01:13:44 AM

01:13:57 AM
    why do u keep saying correy?
    Ramesh says: 01:14:03 AM

-b/2a=-(-1)/2*1=1/2
    01:14:04 AM
    01:14:51 AM
    Why you get -1/2?
    01:14:59 AM
    Correy says: 01:15:42 AM

find the range of the quadratic function and the maximum or the minumum value of the function y=(x-9)^-2
    01:15:49 AM

01:20:06 AM
    Correy says: 01:20:07 AM

ok please we must hurry
    01:20:21 AM
    what are u talking baout?
    01:20:36 AM

Ramesh says: 01:26:31 AM

Correy says: 01:26:39 AM

why do u say ok?
    01:26:47 AM
    do u see what u did wrong?
    01:27:19 AM

Ramesh says: 01:29:43 AM

Correy says: 01:29:45 AM

my faith is in ugetting this right
    01:29:56 AM
    yes why do u keep saying correy?
    Ramesh says: 01:30:16 AM

The first problem answer is (-1/2, 1/4)
    01:30:17 AM
    Correy says: 01:30:18 AM

what is the minumum value of the function?
    01:30:46 AM
    why are u talking about the first problem i am asking u to focus on the problem we are on!!!
    01:31:09 AM
    i need an answer to the question i have asked u for the last 5 minutes
    Ramesh says: 01:31:27 AM

Correy says: 01:31:43 AM

do u understand what i am asking?
    Ramesh says: 01:31:55 AM

Ramesh says: 01:33:43 AM

Correy says: 01:33:47 AM

01:34:33 AM
    Ramesh says: 01:36:40 AM

The minimum value is (9, 0)
    01:36:41 AM

01:38:22 AM
    Correy says: 01:38:33 AM

yeah it is -2 not 9, 0
    01:38:44 AM
    what is wrong with u guys?
    01:39:08 AM
    what is the function increasing on the interval?
    Ramesh says: 01:39:14 AM

u have not gotten anything right
    01:39:51 AM
    i feel dumber having sat through this session
    01:40:01 AM
    u cant do another problem?
    01:40:05 AM
    01:39:08 AM what is the function increasing on the interval?
    01:40:18 AM
    if u can get this right i wont be so mad
    Ramesh says: 01:40:30 AM

Correy says: 01:40:42 AM
    Just wanted to show the world what a joke tutor vista is this is a live chat that i had with them it was a horriable experience!!!
    wow
    01:40:45 AM
    are u serious

• Sh
    Shotta Oct 15, 2010

Welcome to TUTORVISTA!!!
    TutorVista says: 12:57:13 AM

Tutor will be joining you shortly.
    TutorVista says: 12:57:43 AM

Please type your question in the chatbox / whiteboard.
    TutorVista says: 12:58:13 AM

You can upload your document on the whiteboard.
    Ramesh says: 12:58:48 AM

Hi Correy
    12:58:55 AM
    This is Mr.Ramesh, Maths tutor
    12:59:02 AM
    How are you doing?
    12:59:40 AM
    Nice to have you online here.
    12:59:53 AM

01:13:42 AM
    a=1
    Correy says: 01:13:44 AM

01:13:57 AM
    why do u keep saying correy?
    Ramesh says: 01:14:03 AM

01:20:06 AM
    Correy says: 01:20:07 AM

ok please we must hurry
    01:20:21 AM
    what are u talking baout?
    01:20:36 AM

Ramesh says: 01:26:31 AM

Correy says: 01:26:39 AM

why do u say ok?
    01:26:47 AM
    do u see what u did wrong?
    01:27:19 AM

Ramesh says: 01:29:43 AM

Correy says: 01:29:45 AM

my faith is in ugetting this right
    01:29:56 AM
    yes why do u keep saying correy?
    Ramesh says: 01:30:16 AM

The first problem answer is (-1/2, 1/4)
    01:30:17 AM
    Correy says: 01:30:18 AM

what is the minumum value of the function?
    01:30:46 AM
    01:31:09 AM
    i need an answer to the question i have asked u for the last 5 minutes
    Ramesh says: 01:31:27 AM

Correy says: 01:31:43 AM

do u understand what i am asking?
    Ramesh says: 01:31:55 AM

Ramesh says: 01:33:43 AM

Correy says: 01:33:47 AM

01:34:33 AM
    Ramesh says: 01:36:40 AM

The minimum value is (9, 0)
    01:36:41 AM

01:38:22 AM
    Correy says: 01:38:33 AM

yeah it is -2 not 9, 0
    01:38:44 AM
    what is wrong with u guys?
    01:39:08 AM
    what is the function increasing on the interval?
    Ramesh says: 01:39:14 AM

u have not gotten anything right
    01:39:51 AM
    i feel dumber having sat through this session
    01:40:01 AM
    u cant do another problem?
    01:40:05 AM
    01:39:08 AM what is the function increasing on the interval?
    01:40:18 AM

• Ra
    rachel_16 Oct 17, 2010

Hi
    All customers,
    Kindly pay attention never use credit cards and speciallt the CVV number tutorvista has done this with 1000 of ppl and you can directly pay from paypal and can save yourselves, always be careful, better to join safe and easy company like bestwebtutors they make things easier and classes cofortable according to your convinience log on today and get discounts also.

• Dr
    dragon.93.red Nov 19, 2010

I realize that Tutorvista has gotten some positive press from some major news outlets. Maybe they do provide a good service to some but I feel there are some things that any prospective customer of the site should know.

The first thing is that you'll never be able to be positive that you're being taught how to solve a problem correctly. We got two different answers to one problem, both of them wrong. Secondly, you have a time limit for your sessions and if you're not done, too bad. And there are gaps of up to 5 minutes in response time so you're 30 minute session can get used up pretty quickly.

Also, they have a "strict NO refund policy" to quote the customer rep who handled (or I should say didn't handle) my refund request. They claim to offer free help to get you started but mostly what you'll get is a hard sell to "get an account" before getting any actual help. I would caution anyone against using this service.

• Ka
    kate1 Nov 22, 2010

I do understand your problem but it is unbelievable for me. I am a mother of a 6th standard girl and my daughter is using tutorvista service for last 7 months. They are providing till date very good and quality service and also the custom service is active. Just try to call them once more and i am sure they will help you out very soon. You can call them in the toll free number: [protected]

• Su
    SuperSaiyanFour Dec 24, 2010

[ 11:29:40 AM ] : The offer is for limited time and would not be available later so I suggest you do not miss it.
    [ 11:29:42 AM ] Guest : Will this be cheating if I use a tutor?
    [ 11:29:50 AM ] : What if my teachers gives me an F
    [ 11:30:01 AM ] : Are you going to sue them?
    [ 11:30:17 AM ] Acad Coordinator : That never happen in past
    [ 11:30:23 AM ] Guest : Hmm
    [ 11:30:31 AM ] : Is tutoring illegal ?
    [ 11:30:38 AM ] : I mean, it's like helping on a test
    [ 11:30:45 AM ] Acad Coordinator : Our expert tutors hold Master's degree and have long years of teaching experience.
    [ 11:30:49 AM ] Guest : Hmm
    [ 11:30:58 AM ] : Did you teach in Jesus's day?
    [ 11:31:09 AM ] Acad Coordinator : Yes,
    [ 11:31:19 AM ] Guest : Nice
    [ 11:31:37 AM ] : Did you teach in Heaven with god?
    [ 11:31:41 AM ] : What is god's name?
    [ 11:31:43 AM ] Acad Coordinator : Because students around the world need help so we do help in this day
    [ 11:31:58 AM ] : We offer a lot of assessment tests and structured learning programs to enhance learning.
    [ 11:32:08 AM ] Guest : Lolz
    [ 11:32:16 AM ] Acad Coordinator : I have seen significant grade improvement when students take regular tutoring with us.
    [ 11:32:29 AM ] Guest : Do you know what Dragon Ball Z is?
    [ 11:32:51 AM ] Acad Coordinator : Our tutors follow state standards and curriculum.
    [ 11:33:14 AM ] Guest : How much days in prison do I serve?
    [ 11:33:45 AM ] Acad Coordinator : Once you enroll, you will have an individual account with our program
    [ 11:34:08 AM ] Guest : Hmm, how much do I get paid?
    [ 11:34:17 AM ] Acad Coordinator : OKay
    [ 11:34:30 AM ] : For you to get started, we have a huge DISCOUNTS on this chat.
    [ 11:34:37 AM ] : You can try 1 week of unlimited tutoring for just $19.99
    [ 11:34:44 AM ] : You will be able to get all the help that you need.
    [ 11:35:01 AM ] : Sounds goods?
    [ 11:35:03 AM ] Guest : What the hell, so I get deducted off my wage for given into this offer? O_O
    [ 11:35:28 AM ] : Isn't it illegal to eff with someone's job?
    [ 11:35:33 AM ] Acad Coordinator : This is the offer
    [ 11:35:48 AM ] Guest : So basically I get paid 19.00
    [ 11:35:49 AM ] Acad Coordinator : For you to start tutoring
    [ 11:36:01 AM ] Guest : So then how much money do I get when I get tutored?
    [ 11:36:16 AM ] Acad Coordinator : You need to sign up
    [ 11:36:26 AM ] : And you need to pay
    [ 11:36:38 AM ] : Are your Parents around you?
    [ 11:36:46 AM ] Guest : Are you going to rob our house?
    [ 11:36:54 AM ] : I'm going to call the cops now <_<"
    [ 11:37:11 AM ] : I mean "Paying, for when my parents are around or not?"

• Su
    SuperSaiyanFour Dec 24, 2010

[ 11:39:23 AM ] Acad Coordinator : We are offering UNLIMITED help, once you sign up with us
    [ 11:41:18 AM ] : Thank You for visiting TutorVista. You can call us on our toll free number [protected] or send us an email at [email protected] to avail of special offers.
    [ 11:41:34 AM ] Guest : Is this a scam? I mean 59.00 for a flawful tutor session, and no money back guaranteed, plus bch @ss hidden fee, wtf?
    [ 11:43:05 AM ] Acad Coordinator : Not at all
    [ 11:43:28 AM ] Guest : Then why are all your customers saying that?
    [ 11:44:21 AM ] : Hey here's the new deal, you give me 9000$, and I'll pay for your scam if I get scammed :)
    [ 11:44:21 AM ] Acad Coordinator : More than 200, 000 students have been with our program and have experienced the value we bring to their academics.
    [ 11:44:23 AM ] Guest : How about it
    [ 11:44:30 AM ] : Yeah
    [ 11:44:38 AM ] : It brought there grades up 1%, went down 50%
    [ 11:44:53 AM ] : It was harder than school for there [censor]
    [ 11:45:03 AM ] Acad Coordinator : Thank You for visiting TutorVista. happy Mary Christmas
    [ 11:45:18 AM ] Guest : You to hommi

• Da
    Daea Feb 25, 2011

Try TutorsTeach.com. It's a great website. I've been with them 5 years already. I get a lot of students from them. www.tutorsteach.com

• Da
    daniel8262 Apr 04, 2011

I signed up for tutorvista also for one month. I was assured that it was only for a month. They have direct debited over 1100 from my checking account! I had to cancel my account and I NEVER USED THEIR SERVICE. They must know that they are robbing American's and we cannot stand for this. This Indian company is a fraud. A complete fraud. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR TUTORVISTA