• Ri
    Rick Horan Dec 20, 2008

I ordered a belt and phono cartridge from TurntableBasics.com on 12/7/08 and haven't received anything yet. From what I read on on other boards, this company sucks at communication and are chronically slow shippers. Wish I knew that before ordering. I should have been tipped off when their site didn't include a phone number. When a firm wants to be insulated from customers, that's ususally a bad sign.

Rick

• Un
    unc80 Sep 17, 2009

I just had the same experience.. charged my credit card.. no product sent.. no response to emails.

• Ha
    Harvest09 Nov 04, 2009

Same thing from here. Nothing from them at all. I usually look that kind of thing up before I purchase but was in a hurry. Ouch!

• Vi
    viking1au Feb 20, 2010

Recently received turntable belt aok, but it took approx 2 months, during which time they ignored 2 queries. Don't think I want to put myself through that again.

• Ol
    Oldradioguy2 Apr 07, 2010

I ordered a tube of cueing mechanism damping fluid about 3 weeks ago, but it did arrive today. It was much larger than I thought: Enough to fix a dozen tables or more. So for $14 total, it was a good deal. It just takes awhile. If you Google Map his address, you can see it's a house, and he's just some guy working out of his basement.

• Ke
    kenrubes Sep 14, 2010

what a drag. Me too...thankfully, it was just a 5 dollar level + shipping. But these guys are HORRIBLE. Has someone registered them with the BBB?

• Fa
    Fat lazy ham Oct 23, 2010

This jerk is a fraud. I ordered 3 turntable belts and haven't received nothing. No email responses after I sent him 4 emails. Filed a complaint with the FTC and this fraud told the FTC I agreed to take half the money back, which I didn't. Filed a complaint with PAYPAL, I'll see how far that goes, He thinks he can take someone's money and ignore a person. He's got a lot of nerve having a website running and taking people's money.

• Rr
    rr11 Jan 03, 2011

Can we all organize as a group and file a lawsuit against this man and his illegitimate website? He has ripped me off as well and I believe we should all organize and shut down his fraudulent business.

• Za
    zainal77 Jan 05, 2012

thanks for the tips, i won't order from this guy

• So
    Soren Jan 19, 2012

Same experience. Ordered belt 26 November 2011. No reaction to three emails 3, 6 and 18 January 2012. Apparently the amount is to small so PayPal wont do anything. Bugger.

• Wi
    Wintertree May 25, 2012

Ordered belt for my turntable. Never received it.

• Tr
    tr3isme Jun 25, 2013

I am one of the people who were frauded by him also...no reply to my messages either.