• Mj
    MJ and Stan Feb 11, 2008

The impact on the environment from this "disposable" tv should be criminal. It's disgusting.

• Mj
    MJ and Stan Feb 11, 2008

Ugh. Our review of the Trutech TV DVD is a bad one. This TV/DVD was a LAVISH present in our household. At just a year old, purchased from Target, ours died this weekend. Power supply apparently is just kaput, no more, gone, nothing comes on. I don't even have the mental energy to try to go down any "customer satisfaction" road because we all know that road no longer exists. Target won't care. The manufacturer won't care.

Bad TV. We will never buy electronics at Target again. Paper towels, yeah. Anything I expect to last, no.

james Feb 10, 2008

My husband and I bought this tv/dvd combo last year for X-mas for our 2 daughters. All the sudden the dvd discs don't read. At first it would say no disc to brand new ones and now you can hear it spin but it doesn't do any thing blank screen. DO NOT BUY THIS CRAPPY PRODUCT!!!

• Me
    Megan Feb 08, 2008

I'm having the same problem with it coming up as No Valid Disc for one of my DVDs. I've tried unplugging it in order to reset it because I thought the memory in the player tried to keep loading it on a bad spot on the DVD. It still didn't work for that DVD, but it did for a different one. The audio also went out on mine once. I pressed the Audio button a couple of time on the controller and switch it to 2/3 English or something, and it came back on.

Anna Hartsfield Feb 05, 2008

I too bought an under the cabinet TruTech TV/DVD/Tuner combo from Target. I replaced an old color GE which I have had for 15 years, and it was working fine. I gave it away and am now without a kitchen TV. I remodeled my kitchen and wanted to update the TV and add other media. The set died completely within 2 months after it was installed, although it was purchased over 6 months ago. It never worked evenly. After emails where the manufacturer said to contact them(which were ignored) and phone calls (put on hold for 3o min, but I wouldn't give up) I finally got a rude salesman who instructed me to dismantle it and send it in if the warranty was still in effect. I also learned that TruTech TVs are made by a company in Hong Kong, so good luck getting it repaired or restitution. Keep these comments/complaints going--someone should listen soon and Target should stop selling this product. It is fraudulent.

• Sc
    S Carlson Dec 31, 2007

Thank you for these comments. I went to Target and stood before all the TV/DVD players. I too was lured by the $379 now $278 price. There was none left on the shelf, so I received a rain check... prices $329.99 (not $379 as stated on the tag) discounted to @278.oo until 12/29/07 only. I took the rain check. I just tore it up after reading all these comments.

• Je
    j ebert Dec 30, 2007

How about this one...just purchased a tru tech 19" tv from target today and the picture went out 1/2 way through the DVD my daughter was watching! Yes, a peice you know what ! What a waste if time!

• Pa
    patricia borosky Dec 27, 2007

I bought a Tru Tech flat screen television on black Friday, lured by the price and the compact size. Was watching television and it just stopped and screen went blank and tv shut down. Went and got ANOTHER television and the SAME thing happened. Spend a little more, save yourself the trouble. Target's return policy STINKS. I like Target and do shop there, but make darn sure you want to KEEP the item. Review the return policy, it is INSANE.

• Mc
    mc stevens Dec 18, 2007

DO NOT BUY!! Yes. Outrageously awful product. And not that cheap. From the get-go the DVD player in my Tru Tech sounded like an old motorboat and then after a month would only play DVD's in black and white... so I just watched TV..I also had sound problems with DVD player. I did better with one of those really cheap portable DVD players.

• Sk
    Skye Jacobsen Dec 04, 2007

I brought my TruTech PLV16190 last year on Black Friday and Today December 4,2007 On my T.V. i get a green line going down the side of the screen and even if i was to change the channel it was still there. This is what happens when you buy a cheat product. Dont think the cheaper price is better. You hurt your self in the long run. I reallllllllllllllly hate this T.V. DONT BUY IT!!!!!!!!!

• Mr
    Mr Cline Nov 05, 2007

This TruTech lcd is really junk and we all need to hold target to the fire.. I dont know about you all but I do not have money just to give away like that... I was watching my tv when the picture just went out only sound left... this is really some bulls*it..

• Ri
    Ricky L Jordan Nov 05, 2007

I bought a TV, DVD combo at Target, (Trutech brand) and it broke 3 weeks after the 90 day warranty was up!

• Fr
    Frances Yepez Sep 17, 2007

I purchased a Trutech TV Nov. 06. I was a christmas gift for my son. It has stopped working. All sound no picture. Can't find phone number to manufacture. Piece of #$%^.

• Th
    Theresa S Aug 20, 2007

My husband and I bought a Trutech 19" flat screen TV @ Target about 4 months ago and it just died on us last night. We replaced and old model Zenith that is about 15+ years AND still working. We were watching TV and it was like someone just turned it off on us. tried to see if it was the switch or anything, it wasn't. So needless to stay we have our old Zenith back up.

While I do agree not to buy this tv or brand EVER! I do not agree about the target issue, we have shopped at Target for many years and this was the first time we have had any trouble with any product. DON'T BUY THIS EVER!!!

Marcelo Flores Aug 18, 2007

Trutech is suck!!! I bought a Trutech 19inches LCD with DVD... and the DVD isn't working after 6 months and the remote control doesn't read the functions... WARNING... you never shop in target!!!

• Je
    jerry Aug 14, 2007

DVD player broke also in 6 months. Don't waste your money!! Brought back to Target and was told to contact the manufacturer. What a waste of time and money. Target should stop selling their equipment.

• Ki
    kimberly Aug 03, 2007

I also purchased a trutech tv from target (where I'll NEVER shop again, a company who can't and won't stand behind any products they sell!!). This TV is JUNK, JUNK, JUNK!!! DON'T BUY THIS BRAND EVER!!! YOU CAN'T EVEN GET A REPLACEMENT REMOTE OR LOCATE A NUMBER FOR THE COMPANY!!! WARNING DON'T BUY THIS BRAND!