Tropisch German ShepherdsMy dog has hip dysplasia

R

In December 2014, I purchased a german shepherd puppy from Tropisch German Shepherds. When my puppy was 8 months, he started limping and it continued for a few days so I brought him to my vet. The vet gave him anti-inflammatory pills and the limping went away after a few days. The limping came back about a month later and again, I went to my vet and she gave him anti-inflammatory pills and the limping went away after a few days. My vet told me that if the limping came back a third time, we would have to do an x-ray. The limping came back and about 2 months ago, my dog had the x-ray which revealed the beginning stages of hip dysplasia, panosteitis and arthritis. My vet told me these conditions are progressive and there is nothing I can do to prevent it. I am devastated and disgusted with this breeder. She is young, inexperienced and obviously doesn't care that she is breeding dogs with health problems and selling the puppies to people just for the money. I love my puppy and I am going to give him the best life I can possibly give him, but people need to know that Tropisch German Shepherds is dirty and they breed dogs with health problems. Please stay away from this breeder.

More Tropisch German Shepherds Complaints & Reviews

• Vi
    Victoria Menard Dec 04, 2020

I have two beautiful shepherds from Tropisch and have been to the actual establishment where she breeds the dogs. Both of my dogs from her have excellent temperaments, health, joints and bones, and intelligence. Her establishment is up to par with everything as she is always working on improving the kennels that are already huge and spacey for her pups. She has a big property that is beautiful and is always working and exercising her dogs. Will be back when I have more money and room for more 😂❤️

• Wh
    Whitney Nicole Aucoin Dec 01, 2020

I purchased a pup from Tropisch German Shepherds earlier this year and couldn’t be more pleased! Rachael replied polity, promptly and knowledgeably to all my questions! She continues to assist with questions about my dogs that didn’t come from her as well! She’s one of those breeders who goes the extra mile and wants to make sure you and your pup succeed!! My pup came to bright eyed, shiny coat, happy, healthy, well rounded, brave and outgoing! He got nothing but compliment from my vet and staff at his purchase exam! I will definitely be a life long customer!

• Ph
    Phil Hale Dec 01, 2020

I have two beautiful German Shepherds that we purchased thru Tropisch and they are both doing great! Rachel did a great job assisting us selecting the pups as well as well as helping us train one of them. Her kennel is very clean and she does a great job with her dogs. This is definitely a legit breeder and I would recommend her to anyone wanting a quality dog. Both of ours were healthy pups and they are both still healthy and happy.

• Je
    Jennifer Wilson Gerald Dec 01, 2020

I've literally got 6 from Rachael Thomas ive never had any problems with any of them!! Would never buy from anyone else. I've seen the time she puts into cleaning her kennels daily I've seen the care they receive and the extra she does for her pups lots of people wouldn't! Anyone that doubts her dogs or their care can contact me anytime!! Jennifer Gerald

• Ph
    Phil Hale Dec 01, 2020

I have two beautiful German Shepards from Tropisch and they are doing great! Rachel did a great job helping us selecting pups and I believe she has a great breeding program in place. The kennel was very clean and she does a great job with training as well. She is a legit breeder and I would recommend Tropisch to anyone looking for quality dogs.
    Phil

• Li
    Lisa Moss Dec 01, 2020

I also bought a puppy from this wannabe breeder. Arrived to me with a horrible case of Coccida. Of course when I pointed it out to her she became terribly defensive and wanted to act like my Vet was lying. Found out about 6 months later that she had to remove my boys Sire from her breeding program because his hips weren't up to par. She bred the Sire at only 18 months old. Before my sweet boy turned 5 years old, he was diagnosed with Inflammatory bowel disease. Found out about 6 months later that his Sire, who had been sold for quite a bit of money also had Inflammatory bowel disease. Didn't make it past 6 years old. I even have a screenshot of her telling me that my boys litter should have never been born. I have a wonderful Shepherd that suffers because this breeder is inexperienced and only cares about the money. Her breeding stock live in deplorable conditions. Save yourself some heartache and go elsewhere for a puppy. She has a terrible attitude and always has to be right. Please don't use this breeder.

• Li
    Lisa Moss Dec 01, 2020

@Tropisch 29 Honey, you're the one who got pissed over Politics and deleted me because of it. EVERYBODY notice how she admitted she retired my Boys Sire because of HIS HIPS ????? You are lying through your teeth about the Coccidia and you very well know it. You are also lying about NOT knowing Jasper ( the Sire ) had IBD and you sold him anyway - he was throwing up copious amounts of blood 2 days after he arrived in Canada and YOU DID NOT CARE, all you wanted was your Money. I had you Custom blocked on Facebook for over a year and you never once came and asked how Storm was doing, too ashamed because you know good and well there was a Familial Component. You also posted pics of your flooded kennel where you keep your dogs. Girl, don't play your games with me here, I have MANY MANY Vet Bills I could post showing the money we have spent on the precious boy we bought from you ( No questions asked by you might I add, not one) Once again you are dishing it out but cannot take it. How many OOP's litters have I witnessed you having ?? Dogs ear half bitten off by another one of your dogs and lets don't forget about the puppies paw you allowed the Mom to chew off - Wanna use this Breeder now ??? You got all pissy because I posted a picture and you saw that I was friends with another Breeder and you couldn't take it. Go breed yourself, it's what you do best. You are the one who should be seriously ashamed, but No, you're perfect, you think. Always playing the Victim aren't you Rachael ?? Yes, I have a precious boy, but that does not change the fact that you ADMIITED he should have never been breed - want that Screenshot on here ?? Girl, BYE.

Tropisch 29 Dec 01, 2020

@Lisa Moss Wow Lisa. You’re going to slander my kennel and LIE about how my dogs live all over politics? You’ve never ever seen my kennel so how would you know how my dogs live? I have plenty of screen shots of you admitting I had no control over the dogs bowl issues and also never once was contacted saying you had issues with coccidia. All you ever sent was how he’s awesome and I did great and I had no way of knowing they would have those issues? I retired the sire becUse of his hips! If i was just in it for the money would I have not kept breeding him since I spent thousands to purchase him and thousands more to train him to the point where police departments were scouting him? I invite anyone to come visit me and my dogs and see my kennel. This comment above is out of pure spite and hate and it sickens me. Trying to take food out of my children’s mouth by trashing my kennels name is disgusting. She knows she is lying all over politics. You should seriously be ashamed

• St
    StarsAngel Mar 31, 2016

I do not know any of the parties involved, but somehow stumbled across this bashing of Tropisch German shepherds. As a German shepherd lover and one who lives and breaths the breed, I just want to add a few points for people to ponder. First off, if the vet diagnosed the pup at 8 months as "starting to get" hip dysplasia, were the films sent off to OFA to have them actually evaluated by a professional to be graded and see if he really had it? One vet may say "oh it looks like it", but "professional" eyes may say something else! Also I noticed the pup also had "Pano". Pano is ONLY something that pups get that are GROWING TOO FAST AND ARE TOO LARGE! Every pup that gets Pano is told to CUT BACK on food intake! Which that is ALSO another thing "they" (professionals) tell us about Hip Dysplasia - keep the dogs on the thin side, or do NOT let them get overweight! All this leads me to believe you were OVERFEEDING your puppy - which that alone would raise RED FLAGS for ANY breeder, and would cause the most contracts to be NULL and VOID! EVERYONE knows ENVIRONMENT is a key issue in hips and elbows, ESPECIALLY if the parents are both OFA certified! Seems like you are just looking for someone to pick on and take advantage of. I rest my case.

• Br
    Brian J Burnett Mar 09, 2016

Lady, I don't know who you are or why you make such rude statements to TROPISCH. I know many things for FACT, I have seen your messages towards them. I have listened to calls. You are utterly rude towards TROPISCH. She honored her agreement with you to a T. Followed her contract by the letter except for the last part. Maybe you failed to read the part about you have to follow it as well or it could hit the court room. She has not done this to you. You have yet to show proof of the pups Spay/neuter. along with many things that makes you an ungrateful person.

What I do know is this. I traveled to Louisiana for the um umtenth time two weeks ago to pick up yet another german shepherd pup from TROPISCH. I drove a total of 3000 miles. Along the way she answered every single question I had. Made sure to let me have my pick of the pups. And did everything in her power to show me everyour aspect of her kennel as possible. I have seen many and miss TROPISCH'S is by far the nicest. Most well kept and cleanest. By far ranks in my top 3. On previous occasions of my getting pups from her, never once has ANY pup been diagnosed with any health issues INCLUDING DYSPLASIA in hips or elbows. Although this may be because I maintain a proper regimen for my dogs.

Please make sure to do your homework on GS before quoting that it's all on her. Yes Dysplasia IS COMMON in GS and is in most cases hereditary. But it can also be caused by poor treatment to the health of the animal. Improper food, Improper housing. Not allowing them to run. Improper training. Even the stress on the animal can all lead to the diagnosis of Dysplasia. You can continue to talk bad about one of the most loving people to her animals or you can stop. I will be there every step of the way to explain exactly what happened and that I honestly don't feel you were or are now able to maintain the perfect health of these amazing animals.

Brian Burnett

Cert4

Cert3

Cert2

Tropisch Mar 08, 2016

Here are certifications of the parents I believe this pup is from

Tropisch Mar 08, 2016

As for the original poster I'm not sure who you are but why didn't you contact me? And if you did I must not have heard back? How am I dirty? German shepherds are know for these issues and I certify my breeding dogs? So I'm confused as to how I could have prevented this and why you didn't contact me? The only person that contacted me and we worked on the guarantee was the person in the comments. So before you write a nasty review on me maybe you should give me a chance to help. But seeing as how that's no longer an option I'm very disappointed. i at a loss for words on why you wrote this honestly and why you are so harsh as to call me "dirty"?!

Tropisch Mar 08, 2016

My reply was to the customer in the comments

Tropisch Mar 08, 2016

I have emails showing this consumer was extremely rude to me from the get go!! I also have proof that I sure did honor my contract and proof where this buyer breached my contract more than once and did not even spay the first female like she was legally supposed to. I sent her a replacement puppy anyway. The first pup they waited months to even tell me the puppy was limping?! Why? Why would you wait months and not let me know that day she arrived if she was limping? Even if you thought it was just from the flight? Also this person Met the puppy in person before she purchased her!!! There was no limping and no issues and she chose to purchase her. I have plenty of proof to back up my claims that I honor my contract and stand behind my dogs. This is one of the only people I've sold to that was so extremely nasty to me. I am fed up with this person claiming I do not honor my contracts!! This is a complete lie. If people want the real truth feel free to actually contact me and find out. German shepherds are known for hip and elbow dysplasia and I have no control over nature, however I do the necessary testing to try to avoid these issues. I have OFA or SV or Czech certifications on almost all my dogs and I will gladly show those as well. Now the first parents pup I did not breed the father ever again he was neutered and that was a one and only breeding between that pair as the mother had been bred with no issues before

• Rv
    Rv123456789 Jan 21, 2016

I had the same situation from this breeder but my pup had elbow dysplasia two pups from same breeder two different sets of parents with same medical issues