TriClearUnauthorized credit card charges

D

This company offers a free trial offer for 6.95 shipping, but if you don't return the unused portion of the product within 14 days they charge you 69.95 and then enroll you in a monthly subscription program where you have to pay 69.95 a month. This information is only available after you click on the terms and conditions icon that shows up halfway through the purchase process. It's a total [censored]ng scam!

Cheri Mantanona Mar 05, 2007

I ordered a free trial from this company. I was charged the shipping of 6.95 at first. About 2 weeks later they charged me another 69.95 ! I never got the skin care creams or the other BONUS GIFTS that I was offered.

I called the customer care line and I also emailed them but they still have not given me back my refund. They wanted to verify with the post office about tracking it or something... But she gave me the wrong city of where I live. Can anyone help me of what I can do to get my money back?

• Ta
    Tami Radatz Mar 07, 2007

I ordered a free trial of triclear and discovered i had a 69.95 charge on my credit card,called them up to complain and i was told it was past time to send it back, i didnt order it why should there be a time frame. I want my money back. I dont even have a skin problem i was going to give the sample to my friend.

• As
    Ashley Goodwin Mar 18, 2007

Same thing happened with me. They claim you only pay for shipping and handling for the free trial. Once I got the free trial, I learned that I had two weeks to return the product in order not to be billed for membership. So I sent it back the next day via the post office and got billed a month later$16.95, for what I dont know cause the membership is $69.95. I called them and got no answer and I'm disputing the charge through my credit card company. It's definitely a scam!

• Am
    Amanda Stivala Mar 21, 2007

I ordered the FREE TRIAL!!! Then the $69.95 charge appeared on my bank statement. When I called they said I was past the 14day period. They guy didn't even know how to respond to my anger over the phone. I'm apparently getting $40 back from this ordeal but HELLO where is the other $29.95?? I want ALL of my money back.

Sandra Hanapi Apr 02, 2007

I too got scammed by these people. What can we do? This is a total rip-off. I even did what they said and e-mailed them that I didn't want the stuff and to take me off the membership. This was the next day after receiving the product because the stuff sucks. They claimed they didn't get my e-mail and want to charge me a $19.95 re-stocking fee. They also claim that I was supposed to wait for an e-mail back from them to confirm that they got my e-mail and to give me an RMA#. None of this info is on the web-site or in the terms and conditions. Also, it's against the law to re-stock facial care products that have been opened. What do they do with the stuff that does get returned within their so-called trail period? Free trial??? It's ending up costing me about $40.00 for something I don't even want.

Good idea about disputing the charge on your card. If anyone is getting anywhere with this, please let us know. Thanks!!

Andy Dean Apr 06, 2007

You should contact the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) and complain of fraudulent trade practices. Go to the following website:

and click on the link "File a Complaint" at the top of the page. That is where you can submit your grievance against companies for misrepresentation or fraudulent business practices. Just a *few* inquiries from the FTC will get their attention FAST.

• Ho
    Hollie M. Reid May 09, 2007

Like many of the complaints that I have read about this company charging charge cards an outrageous amount and not telling the customer first that this is going to be happening, I feel is not right. I have sent an email to this company without hearing anything back. I will contact the attorney general's office if I don't hear anything.

I am willing to send back the product especially if I have not used it. If anyone has an address that I can send this product back to them that would be great.

• Ki
    Kim Montgomery May 11, 2007

You can also find triclear on this board by typing "tri clear" two words. Anyone who thinks there maybe frauded please contact:

www.ag.ca.gov

• Wi
    willis maye May 19, 2007

I ordered the tri clear for my fience. It came in little bottles. No paper work or nothing. Then 2 weeks later they have charged my credit card for $69.95 with out permission and made a bill of mine bounce and my bank charged more money for all this. The Product is not working on his face and then the charge is ridicules. How do you get a refund or do I need to close my account and sue them. Thank you Tammy Wyllie

• Li
    Linda Atkinson Jun 07, 2007

They have charged a restocking fee, and continue to send product. I can't talk to a person, and they don't answer emails. How long are they going to charge my credit card?

• Na
    Natalie Raphael Jun 11, 2007

You know I was trying to be nice and get this product for my sister when I later found out she couldn't use it. Besides that fact two days after I got the product I sent the product back... about a week or so later I got charged $69.95. What the heck. I talked to a lady I got a hold of after being on hold for 20 minutes and she told me that I should of called to cancel the day I sent it back. Not to mention that they still haven't received the product... so she said they were going to refund $40 until they get the product back and then refund me $20... and HELLO that isn't [censored]ing $69.95 not to mention I used my own money to send this POS back. Can anyone help??? what should I do???

• Ki
    Kim Montgomery Jun 12, 2007

Beware!!! They are listed as tri clear (two words) then also triclear (one word). They are ripping people off!! Turn them in to www.ag.ca.gov

Together we can make a difference!

• Ka
    katy loin Jun 12, 2007

Try to contact this so called company. It keeps repeating the "on hold cd" JERKS. RIP OFFs. I WAITED OVER 30 MINUTES FOR A PERSON. CALL OR WRITE WWW.AG.CA.GOV

• El
    Elizabeth Hernandez Jul 05, 2007

Today is 07-05-07, also saw my bank statement, didn't know where $69.96 was from until I searched. I have not given them any authorization to take this out, also I have not received any new product. As to the first charge of $6.95 which they took on 6-13-07 , I have not opened or tried, I did not know I was to be a member, will try to call in the morning. If anyone knows what to do, please e-mail me also, I am very upset and cannot afford this whenever they want to charge me, with no product.

• Br
    Brian Guynup Jul 17, 2007

I too have been ripped off by this company. They've got one hell of a scam going on with their policy. All they do is continue to send the same basic form letter over and over. The best is when they offer to let you keep what you already have and for only $29.95 they will send you more and thats after you have called and e-mailed several complaints and request for refunds. They are nothing but a scam shop.

JAN Oct 31, 2007

I only paid a $3.95 "trial" FREE offer... and when I realized they wanted to charge another $29.95 if I actually KEPT the product (apparently that is what S&P means as opposed to S&H)... I called, said I did not OPEN the product and refused to accept those charges... the CUSTOMER service did everything but LAUGH at me. SEND IT BACK AT YOUR EXPENSE. Well... The card I used does not HAVE any available balance (or reloadable balance)... and I'm returning the unused, unopened product. What do you want to BET they are going to try and screw me for the full $70 purchase price? I'm contacting my STATE Attorney General... I see a class action suit in TRI-CLEAR's future.

• Te
    Teresa Wagner Dec 14, 2007

I placed an order for this product on nov. 20, 2007. I was charged a fee in the amount of $6.95 on nov. 23, 2007. I then was charged a fee of$69.95 on dec 10, 2007.
    Today is dec. 14, 2007. I have yet to receive this product and have not been able reach anyone in their customer service department for three days now. This was a complete hoax and most certainly a complete ripp off.

• Be
    Beverly K Jan 10, 2008

Hello,

I am responsible for the Customer Experience at Triclear. Please email me as soon as possible at
    [protected]@gmail.com and I will work with you to resolve any issues that you may have with Triclear.

If you are delighted at the emd of the experience, please re-post to this web site to share your experience with other consumers.

All the Best!

Beverly K.

• Na
    Nan Feb 22, 2009

This same thing has happened to me, has anyone been able to get a refund from TriClear? I am filing a complaint with my state's Attorney General. I do not even want this product, it does not work and there is no way anyone would knowingly pay $70 for this product. It is a rip off, and I feel that TriClear took advantage of my wanting to clear up my skin.