Touch of Class ConstructionI just wanted him out of my life

E

The contract with Touch of Class Construction, Inc. was signed on May 23, 2005. The sales representative presented himself as the nephew of the owner of company. This turned out to be untrue. It was represented that Touch of Class, Inc. had its own salaried workers and would not be subcontracting any of the work to other contractors. This was totally untrue. In fact, according to the State Contractors Licensing Board, Touch of Class, Inc. has no employees. Most of the workers were unlicensed and undocumented. During conversations Mr. Cohen would yell, swear, and threaten. He failed to follow the plans and contract agreements as prepared by my architect. He charged approximately 20% more than the contract price for items that were to have been included per the plans. He had promised that there would only be a few days of down time during which my pool had to be emptied due to the removal of the pool equipment. It took over 3 weeks resulting in cracks in the pool plaster; requiring re-plastering at a cost of $5300 out of pocket. Plans called for upgrading electrical panel. He refused; cost me $600. I had to have the driveway re-surfaced as well due to construction damage. All toll I paid him over $15000 extra and still had to hire other contractors to repair the completed work, plus the cost of the pool, driveway, and electrical. I felt forced to comply in order to have the project completed. He had threatened that if I did not pay he would have people come to tear out the completed work. In the end, I just wanted him out of my life. I have a complete log of events from the beginning as well as pictures of the shoddy workmanship.

• Il
    ilovedolphins Jul 14, 2010

Oh wow, what a crook! I am glad I read your post...he seems sketchy. How did it resolve?

• I would like to say, that My company A Touch of Class Construction, LLC out of West Grove, Pennsylvania, is not the same company as the one posted in this thread. So please don't get it twisted.

• Sy
    Sylvia Vizcaino Sep 06, 2019

I believe it is the same company. I had the same problem with you. You pretend not to be you when you continue to rip people off and grossly get away with it. Ghost. pretend its not you. Not Funny!

• Sy
    Sylvia Vizcaino Sep 06, 2019

You are twisted, and twist everything around its your MO.