Timeshares By Ownerbad or no service

J

Timeshares by owner contacted us by phone a few years back saying they could sell our timeshares. Like the suckers most of us are we agreed, but only after I tried to get them to sell my timeshare first, then let them take their fees fron the sale price of my timeshare. Needless to say that did not work. They got our money, telling us they had lots of people lined up to by our timeshare, and would have it sold in a few weeks. Well here we are 2 years later and the only contacts we have had with them is when we call them repeteadly to talk. They never have called me to say my timeshare is sold. DO NOT USE TIMESHARESBYOWNER for selling your timeshare. Only if you like throwing money away.

• Mi
    mikki1162 Mar 29, 2010

I was hook line and sinker to two timeshare places: my thinking was get it from all angles and it WILL sell !
    Sell My Timeshare Now and Buy A Timeshare took a whopping $700 a piece from me- with all the bells and whistles that they could sell my property in the matter of weeks: here I sit a year and a half later (Mar2010) and still no sale. I tried several times to contact my sales person- he was always busy- or had the day off or were no longer part of my sale... typical: take my money and disappear
    I now have TimeShare by Owner up my behind with all the same hoopla as the other two-
    I have already tried to offer to pay the $700 AFTER they sell it- like an incentive for them to get off their butts and SELL! but that didnt work. I tried to suggest 1/2 now and 1/2 after if sells- and again, that didnt work. My argument was that in real estate- you dont pay till it sells- if the agent wants to put food on the table and pay their bills- then they will FIND a buyer. The same should apply to timeshare!
    I think the best thing is to just try to sell it myself !

• Gr
    Granny 52 in Pa Aug 28, 2009

Well guess what the same thing happened to us too. Something needs to be done with this outfit. Don't know what but it makes a person sick to even think that someone can do this sort of stuff and feel good about themselves. But then again look at our economy right now. But, again that is no excuse either. Don't know what we can do about this.

• Sr
    sroz Feb 25, 2009

You took the words right out of my mouth - the exact same thing happened to us. Only we were really suckers and paid them to sell 2 of our timeshares. I wish I had checked the internet before throwing my money away!