The Sweepstakes Audit BureauFraud

THE SWEEPSTAKES AUDIT BUREAU of Dallas, TX. sent me a letter requesting five dollars to enter a sweepstakes. This is suspicious because I have never heard of this company.

I do not believe I will have a chance to win $12 million dollars by entering this sweepstakes, and I would like to see this company prosecuted for sending fraud mail through the US mail service. This is the second letter of this nature I have received from this company this month.

I would be helpful to know how to report such rip-offs to the authorities. This bogus company needs to be shut down and should not be allowed to use the US mail to deliver their scams to the public.

Please, somebody go to this post office box and find out why these people are trying to rip us off.

Annie Wood Jul 15, 2008

I just received the same thing in the mail today. Funny thing though, I thought it was somehow some sort of auditing letter, like a sub-division of the IRS, only I knew it wasn't because it didn't have any source name, just a PO Box. That's what tipped me off first. Second, it was un unrecognizable name. I say, if it sounds phony, it probably is. Plus, no legitimate sweepstakes requires you to send in money. These nut jobs are truly sad and pathetic if this is how they earn their money. I'm sure there's somewhere on the web we can file a complaint. Though, it would be nice if it wasn't so hard to find.

Carol Shriver Nov 15, 2017

@Annie Wood I just received that letter yesterday, November 14, 2017. They just don't quit, year after year they are still at it.

• Ha
    Hawk Huston May 01, 2018

@Annie Wood You can make an official complaint with your State's A.G. Also with the Texas A.G. if any office received enough complaints they would be required to investigate it. That's how Missouri got Walgreens to repay all over charged products.

• Tr
    Tracey Mcg May 19, 2018

@Carol Shriver I got the same thing. May 18, 2018. There still at it. Last time I got a letter like this I sent it back telling them to take the 5.00 out if my winning other then that don't waste my time.
    Tracey McGillivary. From California

• 09
    09childstar Jun 29, 2018

@Annie Wood I just got a letter today here in Cali... I do alot of research on fraud. And one thing i learn on the signs of " a winning" is if they ask for a fee of any kind... Which mine di. As well. Whats funny is; on the back of the form- the small print reads; "No purchase is required for to be considered as a winner status" but yet, they ask for a purchase of $5.00 fee for process and data fee... Im gonna take this letter to the post office and voice my concerns. Perhaps; you all can do the same where ever you are. Our voices needs to reach media/news some how...

God Bless!!!
    Corrina Williams

• Dy
    Dyian T Aug 08, 2018

@Annie Wood Dyian T. I just received the same letter today on 8/18/18 and I live in California. And also decided to check them out and was shocked to see that this is also a scam and it is really sad to see that some have sent money to them. After reading all the complaints, I agree that something need to be done and shut them down asap.

• Hb
    hbgirl Aug 21, 2018

@Hawk Huston I just received a letter from the Sweepstakes Audit Bureau stating I needed to send $5.00 for processing for information on winnings in excess of $12, 000, 000.00 +. The P.O. Box was 549012 Dallas, TX 75354-9012.

Suzanne Mandeville Dec 18, 2018

@Carol Shriver Someone should stop these people...5.00 X 1, 000, 000 people at 1.00 is still 4, 000, 000.00 - They should have to pay it out!...and it is not a sweepstakes if there is a fee...it is gambling and it is illegal.

Suzanne Mandeville Dec 18, 2018

@hbgirl Yep, it is the same address that I just received today 12/18/18.

• Lo
    Lovette Jun 10, 2019

@Annie Wood Funny thing i put my five dollars in my envelope and was like wait i gotta pay for a stamp to so i looked up the address and found this pg lol my 5 is back in my pocket today is 6/10/2019 yep almost got me still at it houston Texas is on mine

• Ct
    C. Thomas Smith Jun 20, 2019

@Annie Wood Hello, I'm Chris I just received this same kind of letter in mail is this a scam and what can we do .

• Wi
    Willie Halliburton Jun 22, 2019

@Annie Wood Everybody like myself that received this letter, should all somehow come together even in Federal Court and file a tremendous law suit with the help of the FBI and the Cyber Crime Unit and the United States Postal Inspector Office. 5 dollars from millions of people. That is a lot of money to their Scam Organization
    Let's Sue and finally get their money free.

• Co
    Completelypissed Jul 20, 2019

@Willie Halliburton Yes we should sue. It’s 7/20/19 and I almost got scammed. This is ridiculous!!!

Joan Coiro Aug 09, 2019

@Carol Shriver Here we are in 8/3 2019 . Same letter. Someone should shut this rip off company that’s taking advantage of the sick elderly anyone for this matter. Shame shame shame on them. S. I N.Y

• Tr
    Tracey Crull Aug 31, 2019

@Joan Coiro 8/31/19 in a small town in Central Illinois, Morton Illinois to be exact and I’m sitting here with the same letter and I say we stop sitting and get up and do something, but what, what can we do? I cannot afford a lawyer on my own for this and I assume this isn’t one guy sitting in his basement sending all these letters out. What, what do we/ can we do about this? Does anyone know?

• De
    Deleath Hill Dec 02, 2019

@Hawk Huston Hi everyone I just got this letter today December 2, 2019 wow there trying two make us look like we’re fools in a shell But how can we make a law suit out of them am all in if someone go s two a lawyer about them ! I see State AG and Texas AG hmmm wow I did Not know . Am praying and putting there letter in my bible so God can deal with them as well * by Faith * not money *

Pam Carroll Jan 20, 2020

@Annie Wood I called and spoke to a lady that said the $5 is for them to send you a 12-page packet of sweepstakes entries and one they are running right now is $100, 000 from Oprah Winfrey I wonder if she knows anything about this?

Mary Ann Wendt Apr 30, 2009

Being the address or P O Box are being mailed from Dallas, Texas I'm going to try to contact the Authorities and the Better Business Bureau from the area of Dallas Texas to see if they can't put a stop to this Scam which is trying to extort money from people with this sort of ROTTEN SCAM . Surely there must be some Bank Acct. that they use to cash in the
    checks from some of those poor misguided people that are led to believe it to be a for real sweepstakes ! I just received this supposedly sweepstakes audit in the mail today 4-30-2009, for direct contact my e-mail is <[email protected] >

Annettes Feb 14, 2017

@Mary Ann Wendt YEA!!! I got one too!!! 2/13/17!!!

Chouston Sep 11, 2017

@Mary Ann Wendt I just got one 09/09/17 for 12, 000, 000.00 so there are still going strong.

• Mi
    missinglink May 06, 2009

the company is still preying on the gullible and the eternal optimist. spread the word to friends and neighbors. see the report at:

The solicitation, which requests that consumers return a "claim form" along with $5, offers to sell a report that lists national sweepstakes operated by other, third-party, companies and the prizes to be awarded in those sweepstakes. The offer is not clear and conspicuous.
    As of August 29, 2008, Emerson Publishing agreed to discontinue some advertisements, but refused to fully cooperate with the BBB by modifying all of its advertisements to adhere to the BBB Code of Advertising.

Paula Barrino May 27, 2009

I, too, have received numerous letters from this and other Foundations, Distrubuting places, Marketing establishments, etc. They ALL profess that you need not pay anything and then you receive a letter (finally after NUMEROUS ones from them) claiming you have won huge amounts of money. All you need do is send a processing fee of from $5 up to $29 (is what my correspondences claim).
    How inhumane can this be? I am an individual who has hrs. to a doctorate degree and can't work because I've been deemed disabled. I recive SSI. That in itself says a lot. I don't believe our country would not consider the less fortunate (yet highly blessed as I), poorer persons who would be taken for these types of fraudulent activities. It is so mean, inconsiderate and should be outlawed. If the government fined such establishments of persons to whom this is applicable, they (gov't) could build resouces on this alone to pay off some debts.
    This is a hard, careless, cruel world wherein such activity can be permitted to continue affecting millions of lower class, poor people. It not only destorts one's inner-being, but it is just pure LOW-DOWN!

• Al
    Alvyt Jan 05, 2018

@Paula Barrino Can you report it to your State Attorney General to report fraud

• Ro
    Romwar Jan 18, 2020

@Paula Barrino I said to them great, and I will send you the $5.00 happily, after receiving the $12 million.

• Cy
    cynthia gaskins Jun 29, 2009

yes i have receive mail containing to the money and i do agree something has to be done about it.Times are hard and all they can think about is scanning money from people.I hope they get these people and lock them up and return people money. [email protected]

sunsetangel Jul 10, 2009

About 3 months ago I fell for this and sent the 5 dollars. About a week later, I got another one asking for 19 dollars. I feel that people in general are responsible for their own choices. However, this scam is rather cruel to offer such a "chance" at much needed wealth. The fraudulent hope is just NOT right. This company and or person should be ashamed of themselves and punishment by law should be enforced.

• Ju
    Judy Harrison Sep 02, 2009

I want to thank you for this site. I just received the letter from the Sweepstakes Audit Bureau asking for the $5 processing fee for eligibility to win $12, 000, 000.00. At first I thought maybe it was from Publishers Clearing House!! But they don't ask for any " processing fee!"... I thought: "I'm going to Google this first". sure enough...all your great warnings proved my instincts were right! Thanks for the info!!

Carol Shriver Nov 15, 2017

@Judy Harrison Absolutely. We just have to remember to ignore those prize awarding sites that request money for processing fees.

• Fa
    fasttrac Sep 04, 2009

I just recieved a letter today.
    Thanks for the warning-scam artists.

• Ro
    Rottie Sep 17, 2009

Yes, I live in Indiana and I got one. Thought it sounded fishy and voila ! it is.

• Fr
    Fr. Allen Sep 18, 2009

If it comes in e-mail, hit the delete. If you send anything by USPS contact your Post Office and file a mail fraud charge. Always keep all information. There is no processing fee involved in "honest" sweepstakes. Never send money to enter a sweepstakes. Remember, "if it seems too good to be true, it usually is". The same thing with these e-mail inheritance and Sweepstakes scams. An inheritance should cost you nothing to collect, any fees will be documented and paid by you after receipt of the funds and it has cleared the bank.
    Inheritances are never handled by e-mail. The IRS does not notify you of money sent or owed by e-mail. The internet is the biggest medium for easy rip-offs. And when dealing in products, know the people you are dealing with, "Let the Buyer Beware".
    Lastly; If you receive an e-mail that says there are problems with a bank or credit account (or PayPal, e-bay or whatever.) Delete the e-mail and do not use their click-link. Contact your company by phone or through your own provided internet URL. In most e-mail cases you can forward the whole e-mail to the company with the e-mail address that you always use from your address book. I hope this helps someone. There is no such thing as "get rich quick".

• I want to know do the people that work in the Sweepstakes Clearinghouse; which is Sweepstakes Audit Bureau that is, do they got the $5 fee and that claim form to processed it? If it does, they said it should be arrived in 3 days but it didn't arrive in 3 days, it arrives more; especially greater than 3 days. It expires on September 30, 2009. So, it should be arrived in the middle of October 2009. My question to the Sweepstakes Clearinghouse, why is they didn't sent me the money?

• Ra
    RANDALL CARTER Apr 26, 2010

IM WONDERING WHY THEY SEND OUT LETTERS TO EVERYONE THAT THEY HAVE WON 12, 000, 000.00 AND NEVER RECEIVE THE MONEY LIKE REQUESTED LIKE THE LETTER STATES.SO I WANT MY MONEY BACK THAT I SENT OUT FOR THE FEE, OR I'LL SUE THIS COMPANY FOR ALL I CAN GET OUT OF THEM

Paul190060 May 12, 2010

0This Company sure has lots of money HUH??
    I got the same letter. Someone has to step up and get this off of peoples mailing list.
    Why can't something be done about this letter.
    Are we all that stupid? NO! we are not. Let us use this letter to get these peoples or persons.

is there anyone who would like to try and help me out here???

e-mail me at [email protected]

Mardis May 29, 2010

I to have receved a letter from Sweepstakes Audit Bureau. I thought the $5 dollar fee reasonable, but thought I would see what I counl find. I'm glade that I found this site. I certanly will not send in my entry. Thanks to all who wrote about the Audit Bureau. Good job!!!

• Rh
    Rhoda5 Jun 12, 2010

Thank you for all your letters/complaints. I, too have received this letter! Well, this company will not received my $5.00. This scam should be stopped! Take care everyone!

Tiffany Johnson Jun 15, 2010

Check being mailed to house wanting 5$ for a fee

• Ce
    Cecilia Enright Jul 03, 2010

Well, I keep getting these letters that I have won millions!! The catch is, that you must send money in order to "register". Don't fall for it. it's a scam...If you have entered a sweepstakes and thwy tell you you have won, but you must send a certain sum...don't do it. it is illegal and the whole thing is a scam to get your $5.00 or even $ 659.!! Report this to USPostal service, if it came in the mail and if it's a phone call, report to US Fraud Dept. Be aware, be wise, be careful. Cecilia enright, Daly City CAlifornia

• Le
    Letty DeHaro Nov 22, 2017

@Cecilia Enright I myself just recieved a letter like all of you what [censor] of them to rip people off like that

p.a.m Aug 02, 2010

i have got this letter and my daughter send money and then i look it up and it was a rip off i got 20 letters but we should put a end to it

tina hefner Aug 10, 2010

this is my second letter in a month on winning a sweepstakes. they want me to send them 5.00$. i have been scammed back in 2006, and would like to have something done about these people. thank you tina hefner.

• Ju
    Juliana Cheng May 29, 2018

@tina hefner I received a similar one with SWEEPSTAKES PRIZE ENTRY CENTER P.O. BOX 549012 DALLSA TX 75354-9012 on the letter head address but an additional line PRIZE ELIGIBILITY PROCESSING on the returned envelope without postage. There is a DOCUMENT NUMBER and VOID AFTER 06/02/18 date in the letter! Signed by an AWARDS DIRECTOR "RIch Brady". Besides the $5 RESEARCH AND DATA PROCESSING FEE of $5, there are three payment options plus a signature requirement line a CLAIM FORM, Registered Notice Confirmation (for use by individuals requesting entry information pertaining to cash and prizes from US sweepstakes) to be completed and return in envelope provided... No Emerson Publishing, Incorporated title head anywhere in the content of the letter but a scan (bar code) of some sort on the portion to be return with the $5 fee. So whom ever who is using this post office box must be a billionaire by now since apparently this has been going on for at least 12 years? You posted a scam in 2006 and I am getting one in 2018 and the post office box has NOT be closed down!!!

• Wa
    watkins, george Aug 16, 2010

These [censor]---- are playing a very dangerous game and nothing would please me more than to wake up one morning and read that some outraged victim of their heartless scam has put a bullet right through the heads of these worthless piece of sh__.

• St
    StewP Aug 17, 2010

I have had these letters periodically. The last time I did not send $5.00, just the form.

I had exactly the same response as when I sent in $5.00. I knew it made no sense to send $5.00 and hope to win $12 million.
    They would have to get a lot of fivers with how frequent these letters come. I would guess 3 times a year.

This is the first time I went to the scam search and saw these letters.

I will save postage.

They should be reported in Dallas, but seeing how Dallas is where bush is from, I doubt that it would do any good.
    So maybe someone should start a class action lawsuit.

stew

• Wa
    WASHERWOMAN Aug 26, 2010

JUST GOT A SWEEPSTAKES REPORT AND REQUEST FOR $5 TODAY. THAT MAKES 4 JUST FOR TODAY. LAST WEEK IT WAS THE MICROSOFT E-MAIL LOTTERY. ALSO CALLED THE 419 SCAM. LETTERS ARE COMING FROM ENGLAND, NETHERLANDS. SCOTLAND, HALIFAX BANK IS INVOLVED. IF U GO TO 419SCAM U WILL FIND MUCH INFO ON THESE RIP-OFFS. THEY CAN BE REPORTED AND RESEARCHED. THESE LETTERS COME IN AT 2-10 A WEEK. THE SPELLING OF MY NAME IS FROM A MAGAZINE I ORDERED OUT OF TEXAS 4 YEARS AGO. THEY MUST HAVE SOLD THE MAILING LIST AND NOW IT IS EVERYWHERE. THESE SCAMS ARE LIKE COCKROACHES. JUST CANT GET RID OF THEM

joe b. cockrell Aug 30, 2010

I got sweepstakes report and request for $5.oo today send to p.o. box 549012- Dallas TX 753354-9012 look in to this from

Joe bob Cockrell

• La
    Larquitta Sep 06, 2010

Just received the same letter. I know it is a scam because it has no valid phone number...haha. Whoever they are, the are not getting my last 5.00. lol

• Je
    JennyJeanLove Nov 02, 2010

Yes, I just received this "THE SWEEPSTAKES AUDIT BUREAU" letter, asking for $5. It is so sad that people have to get money this way. I have no idea how they can afford all this paper their printing on!!! and postage! it's crazy. I wish there was some way the US post office could get rid of these scams.

Tired of Evil People Dec 06, 2010

Holy cow!!! I work hard for my money, as we all do, yet these people want us to just hand over our cash??? What's so wrong with the government that people who run these scams can't be prosecuted? I'm tired of getting these things in the mail. Our dedicated postal workers shouldn't have to waste their time delivering the poison that those companies are sending out. It's gotten so bad lately I'm sure some of us have thrown away legitimate parcels just because we thought they were one of these scam things!!! I'll be taking this one to my local post office to file a formal complaint, although I'd rather use my time doing something I enjoy! :( 'Tired of Evil People'

Tired of Evil People Dec 06, 2010

Holy cow!!! Send $5 to find out if I've won $12 million...really??? How naive am I supposed to be in this "company"s eyes? I work hard for my money, as we all do I'm sure, yet these people want us to just hand it over to them??? What a waste of time for our dedicated postal workers!! What's so horribly wrong with our government that these people aren't being dealt with & prosecuted to end these evil scams? I'll be going to my local post office to file a formal complaint & maybe it will take that one last voice to get something done. I hate spending my time doing something that's not productive to my personal needs. But I guess I have to do my part to make a point to these people that we're not going to let them get away with their dishonest practices against us :(

• Ba
    barbara r cavalier Dec 14, 2010

12, 000, 000, 00 may i regerster on line

• La
    lady sw Dec 15, 2010

I just got one of them letters and my crazy self was going to send the five dollars until i said to myself let me look these people up and i see this.

• Ad
    adpowell Apr 12, 2011

I just received a letter as well today, Tuesday, April 12, 2011. Please I agree with having these people prosecuted. It is a shame that they still seem to get away with sending out these types of letters. I get them all the time and just go straight to the shredding machine. Please everyone lets do all we can to stop the maddness.

• Je
    Jeff Brooks Apr 18, 2011

My name is Jeff Brooks and yeah I think the Sweepstakes Audit Bureau is a Fraud. Because they usually send me a Sweepstakes in the mail once in a while, I would like for them to stop sending me any kind of mailing.

NORMAOXENDINE Jun 01, 2011

I GOT THE SAME THING TODAY FROM SWEEPSTAKES AUDIT BUREAU CLAIM FORM.THEY WERE ASKING FOR $24.20 AND SOME OF THE OTHER'S WERE ASKING $5 OR $10 OR $20 YES I THINK THIS IS A SCAM YOU SEE THEY DON'T PUT A TEL PHONE NUMBER ON THERE FORM'S.THEY SAID I HAD WON $1, 212, 750.OO AND I KNOW THAT IS BULL ### AND YES SOMETHING NEED'S TO BE DONE ABOUT THIS WE ALL NEED'S TO START A LAWSUIT.THEY NEED TO GET OFF THERE ### AND GET A REAL JOB BECAUSE MY MONEY COME'S HARD.I WISH THAT I KNOW WHAT TO DO ABOUT THIS OR WHO I CAN WRITE DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO YOU WOULD WRITE A LETTER TO IF YOU DO PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

• Dr
    Drama Queen :) Jun 29, 2011

I agree. I just recieved dis letter 6/29/11. I read the letter nd my mom was so happy thinking it was true! ROFL... But my grandma rite away new it was crap... she said its not true i dont believe it !!! It sounds funny cuz ders no number or name or website. Nd my mom so happy thinking she's gonna get 12 million dollars ta loca... So i told my mom let me check online so i went to google nd found dis!!! Wat a LAMEE they shud really do somthing about dis.

• Pk
    pkk3263 May 31, 2012

just got one today for PO BOX in Dallas TX again the Awards Director Mr. Brady...

• Ni
    nickolas williams Sep 10, 2012

These people try to steal some hard earned money off these people. yall so crazy this is th 7th one my family has got so i think that i should take it in to my hands and show these people that we dont like fake people trying to make a life or ripping people off for the money that they didn't earn. So yall need to get a job and stop sending this fake letter over and over to different families i think everyone is getting tried of these fake things coming in the mail we other things to be doing besides looking at so fake letter so yall need to get a life i live the people of the public alone so that we can actually do our work. Thank u for the info

• Ke
    kenneth Mccreary sr Feb 27, 2013

I recieved this notice to send $5.00 for assesed fees. I did not send the money is this a scam? If I won that amount of money $12, 000.000.00 why should I send a fee?

• Tp
    TPN65 Jun 04, 2014

If you were ripped of by this company don't bother to contact the BBB it would be a waste of time. This company is not BBB accredited so BBB does not have leverage to take action against them. If you contact the office of the Dallas Attorney General and give them all the details they will look into the matter and contact you with their findings.

Cathy Huggins Mar 24, 2015

March 24 2015 CHUG
    I just received my 3 notice from Sweepstakes Audit Bureau, Sweepstakes Prize Entry Center P.O. Box 549012 - Dallas, TX 75354-9012. It stated that I needed to send a $5.00 fee to receive $12, 000, 000, 000 which is guaranteed. It also has a document number and a void after date. I did send in $5.00 fee. I wasn't thinking at the time. Just this week I have received to more scams. I just checked out the names of the companies and scrolled down until I found all the address and their it was RIPOFFS. These companies is getting rich off of people. I have kept all information from the scams. After reading the post. I know I'm not the only person getting scam letters. I will notify the post office and let them know what is going on.

• Ba
    Barbara. Malloy Jul 01, 2015

I got the lette also and sent money. Also a letter from north america award center prize headquaters captial reserve Vl 1401 armour road north kansas city, mo 64116. And i sent them both money. Cause i have enter sweepstakes and thought i won the claim of money. It isn't fair!

• Ev
    Evelyn Crawford Jan 06, 2016

I live in NJ i also received a letter requesting that i send $5.00 by January 9, 2016 making me eligible for 12, 000, 000.00. I knew this was too good to be true. Never do you send money to get money.