The Sweepstakes Audit BureauFraud

THE SWEEPSTAKES AUDIT BUREAU of Dallas, TX. sent me a letter requesting five dollars to enter a sweepstakes. This is suspicious because I have never heard of this company.

I do not believe I will have a chance to win $12 million dollars by entering this sweepstakes, and I would like to see this company prosecuted for sending fraud mail through the US mail service. This is the second letter of this nature I have received from this company this month.

I would be helpful to know how to report such rip-offs to the authorities. This bogus company needs to be shut down and should not be allowed to use the US mail to deliver their scams to the public.

Please, somebody go to this post office box and find out why these people are trying to rip us off.

• Br
    brandun benge Feb 12, 2021

It made its way to north carolina I'm wanting something done how they get my name and address?

• Te
    Texas Boi Jan 23, 2021

Just got the fraud letter in the mail as well smh I was fooled because I sent the 5$ I feel said and betrayed because I play a lot of sweepstakes and I just knew there was a possibility... but I guess not... can we get a lawyer on this pls

• Fa
    farmgirl1 Dec 29, 2020

Today I received my letter from the Sweepstakes Audit Bureau. It tells me there is 12 million in cash unclaimed. I heed to send a fee of $5.00 for research and data fee. SCAM SCAM SCAM!

Jonathan Dodson Sep 17, 2020

First of all they did not say that you had won the sweepstakes... The $5.00 was for them to send you a list of sweepstakes totaling up to that cash prize. You only read part of it, and decided it was fraud.

• Ca
    California Warning Sep 02, 2020

I just received the same letter - claiming to want $5 to enter $12, 000, 000.00 sweepstakes (must be paid by 9-19-20). Their return address now is: Sweepstakes Audit Bureau; PO Box 549012; Dallas TX 75354. I’ve never heard of a sweepstake to request money from entrants before. I believe it is a scam also.

• La
    Lanora Duncan Jul 18, 2020

Lanora Duncan
    I have just receive this same letter on 7/18/2020. The letter say that Prize report funds remain unclaimed.
    They say I hav $12, 000, 000.00 it also give me a document number and want me to pay a one time research and data fee of $5. This need to be done by 8/8/2020.

• Me
    menzyy Apr 12, 2020

is there a lawyer willing to handle a lawsuit against sweepstakes audit bureau, please email me at [email protected], or call [protected]

• St
    straygatt Mar 29, 2020

I'm thinking of sending them monopoly money.

• Nn
    nnaga Dec 25, 2019

I believe a formal complaint can be submitted to the Federal Trade Commision (FTC) or it will direct your complaint to the correct agency .

Let's get them Dec 17, 2019

I recieved a letter from the Sweepstakes Audit Bureau P.O. Box 549012 Dallas, Texas 75354. The claim form processing center is a different P.O. box 131637 Houston Texas [protected]. Also responsible is Emerson Publishing, Incorporated, P.O.Box 549012, Dallas, Texas [protected]. How about we all pitch in together for a lawyer and go after them, the publisher, and the post office for allowing them to service a fraud. All of our complaints that are being ignored. Someone owns that P.O.Box. I'm willing to find a lawyer that will sue them, post office and whoever's in with this scam. Please text me at [protected]. If your interested in getting a lawsuit started, so we can put a end to this scam.

Let's get them Dec 17, 2019

@Let's get them I recieved this letter on 12/16/2019

Mahlercougar Nov 15, 2019

I received this letter today November 15, 2019 .
    Please prosecute these people for taking advantage of hard working people.

• Su
    [email protected] Oct 28, 2019

Just received. My 2 notices today. From sweepstacks audit bureau prizes entry center saying 12, 000, 000 but a one time research and data fee of 5$ im so tried of this scam!!

• Ak
    AkiliV Oct 18, 2019

Well Y'all it has made its way to New Orleans Wow! Thank You to Everyone who left a comment it really helps the uninformed. I believed it to be a Scam. Thank you all for confirming. My Mom received one of these letters in the mail last week and because of our financial hardships she was very insisted that I check out the letter. After reading the letter like most of you; any fee for money that you have not yet received for processing 12, 000, 000.00 was laughable to me( u know taxes in all). The signs that I saw was also like some of you; no physical address, email, phone or web address so you cant find anyone or anything about this so called Sweepstakes. Anyone today knows there are numerous ways to find anything these days. so to anyone reading this comment LOOK at everything and RESEARCH before you send any money and then check again. YOU SHOULD NEVER HAVE TO SEND MONEY TO WIN MONEY!!! Angel B.

• Ed
    Ed Stresino Sep 29, 2019

I just received this very letter, and I now know it is fraudulent!
    It comes from the Sweepstakes Entry Data Center P.O. Box 549012 Dallas, TX [protected]
    Document # [protected]
    Awards Director: Brady
    Don't send the $5 dollars!!!

• Be
    bethann19 Aug 17, 2019

i got one of these I almost fell for it because I do enter sweepstakes on line. good thing i checked it out first. has anyone thought about maybe starting a class action lawsuit??

• Ed
    Edward P. Aug 15, 2019

I got the same letter today an they said I won 12, 000.00 but just wanted to make sure it's fake I begged God for help cause I can't find a job an now I guess no help...sucks but better than taking my last $5 for nothing.

• Wa
    Walter Hill Jun 17, 2019

I got the same Letter this past weekend I live in Nashville, TN I see people has been recieving these letters for 10 years at least there are some posts on here with the same letter

SWEEPSTAKES AUDIT BUREAU
    SWEEPSTAKES DATA ENTRY CENTER
    P.O. BOX 549012
    DALLAS, TX [protected]

I am not sending these people not 1 red cent especially you have to put a stamp on it to THEY GOT SOME NERVE I AM Putting in a complaint how do you take legal action on this please contact me on how to please.

• Ro
    ROB AKA RJ May 10, 2019

I just received the same letter. The Postal Inspector should be investigating.

• Pe
    Peggy Lotspeich Feb 02, 2019

The samething has happen to me to.Thanks for the advice .

• Is
    Isaac Terry Carter Jan 22, 2019

Prize form notification requesting $5 for entry

• Wa
    Walter Hill Jun 17, 2019

@Isaac Terry Carter I have excatly the same letter no reason for me tocopy and scan it it is the same letter .
    I wonder has anyone ever won anything from this.

• Su
    SummertimeMartin Jan 18, 2019

I have rec'd approximately 4 of these solicitations, and had to control myself from
    writing them a letter explaining that they are a crooked enterprise and not many
    of us would believe such a stupid request.

First of all, they do not say they will send you any amount of money. (which as of today
    was $12, 000) but what they do say is that they will process your 'request for eligibility
    for money"

which means they will determine whether you are eligible for them to do research
    to see if there is some money coming to you from some source where there was a
    sweepstakes winner.

That is pure nonsense. If you have won a sweepstakes entry, the company, such

as Diabetes, or Breast Cancer, has your name and address, and when they
    do the drawing, they have an ID ticket number, which if you donated or not to
    that company, they have issued you an ID ticket number, and if yours matches
    theirs, which was drawn long before you got YOUR ID number, then you
    ostensibly will receive whatever the sweepstakes was offering from that
    particular company. In other words they have the winning number under
    lock and key and when they do their drawing, of that number, they
    match it with those that were sent numbers,
    and
    you have about one chance in 2 million or so to ever win and have that already drawn number.

• Bu
    butthold Nov 19, 2018

Got one in NC. Same scam.

Joan Abrams Meinhart Oct 17, 2018

I just received 10-16-18 the same letter from Sweepstakes Audit Bureau requesting $5 to process with a document # to send back to PO box 549012...why can't they find out who owns this box and prosecute them??

• Wo
    woody boyd Sep 24, 2018

just received one in Richmond Va, thanks guys for the heads up

• Ro
    Rosie Camacho Sep 15, 2018

Tell the sweepstakes audit bureau to take the five dollars from my check if I win. I'm not cheap. They can take five dollars from my twelve million . It's okay with me. [censored]!!!

• Em
    EmpressN6 Sep 01, 2018

any company that asks you to pay them in advance for something that they're supposed to be sending to you is always fraud I am a customer service manager and I've seen people give away their money saying IRS wants them to pay whatever they're going to send the police to their house all this crap the police don't give a damn what the IRS says to you they don't give a [censored] if you pay your taxes or not and they're never going to ask you to put it on a gift card so they can scan the money up anything that they want money in advance is fake always remember that my favorite is the Craigslist Services whatever air force-navy whatever they're in and they wanted to buy my piano I'm like hello I am a Western Union agent in what you just told me is completely fried and you were dumb enough to give me your email address you are retarded have a nice day seen it all would be nice to have piece of that 12 million dollars

• As
    Ashna H Jul 12, 2018

July 12, 2018 and this is still going on. Why has this not been shut down? I knew it was fraud from the first moment I started reading it. It's just so obvious.

• Ju
    Juliana Cheng May 29, 2018

Glad that I have internet access to check on the potential scam letter which has been going on since at least 2006 and the P.O.Box address is still valid! Is this how sweepstakes get their funds to award the one luck one with billions of people mailed in $5 processing fee which possibly cost nothing but process by robot? There is a bar code type of scan code on the "claim form" with document number, void after 06/02/18 Priority Urgent Claim Form also Registered Notice Confirmation (for use by individuals requesting entry information pertaining to cash and prizes from US sweepstakes)...signature required to choose check cash or money order payment method make payable to Sweepstakes Audit Bureau. Either way, they will get my signature and $5 cash if I do not want them to have my checking account number and lost additional money to use a money order!!!

Joseph Greco Apr 19, 2018

I just received a letter from this company this afternoon in the US mail 4-19-18. I just have to mail a 5.00 processing fee to win 12, 00, 000.00. This has to be fraud in action. Thank You Joseph Greco. Ps they list cash as one of the options. This is were I really got the idea this is a scam. Go get these guys

Sandra yated Mar 21, 2018

I just received the same letter .wow why has this not stopped.it has a p.o box .what can't the cops just wait for them at the post office box .then they will go to jail .why has this not been done yet? I guess it most be too hard to wait at a post office and bam get them

• Sh
    Shawn Harper-Hall Mar 07, 2018

Just got a letter from this same sweepstakes audit bureau!! March 2018 they are still trying to get people!

• Yu
    Yulia Platonova Mar 06, 2018

I received the mail from them yesterday - 3/5/2018. how come they still exist???

• Gi
    ginkuhn Jan 14, 2018

I just received mine in the mail yesterday!!!

• Da
    Da Good Girl Jan 02, 2018

I have been sent 3 or 4 of these sweepstakes letters asking for $5 to process. I threw the others away, but enough is enough. This time I'm sending a copy to the postmaster general with a short letter from me. If everyone who gets one of these letters would send a copy to the postmaster general, I bet something would happen. Send to: The Honorable Megan J. Brennen, Postmaster General, U.S. Postal Service, 475 L'Enfant Plaza SW, Washington, DC [protected]

• Gr
    Gray baby Nov 29, 2017

Thank you for all your comments because I've also received their letter asking for 5$, It was put in mine and my 81yr. old fathers name. And he was willing to send the money but I had a bad feeling about this one cause I only enter PCH, U just don't know how they got our names because I don't live at my fathers house but they also had my name on it, so that's concerning how they connected me to his address. If anyone has any ideas how to investigate this company more please let me and anyone else that is having this problem because this is really concerning. My father is elderly and WOULD of fell for this, it's concerning to think there praying on the weak.

Letty DeHaro Nov 22, 2017

What [censor] of these dirt bags i think they should be held accountable for their actions i think we all know if we won a prize theres absolutely nothing that we would aak to pay ...

• Av
    Aviana Belise Sep 15, 2017

My 87 year old dad received this same bs letter and wanted me to check it out. As soon as I opened it I read it and laughed. How freaking obvious can you be. The sad thing is that my Dad said he was about to send them the $5.00! I'm glad that I was there because he gets the same notices regarding his mortgage and how they can offer him so much money if he refinances, then I call and it's a mom and pop couple who don't call back for weeks, then a man calls, leaves a message apologizing for not getting back, then the same day a woman calls telling me all about how sick her brother was because of all of his health problems and ex-wife issues! Unbelievable! I told her that my Dad was definitely NOT interested. This crap has to stop.

• Cl
    CLAUDELL MARTIN Sep 08, 2017

I JUST RECEIVED MY LETTER TODAY FROM SWEEPSTAKES AUDIT BUREAU ASKING ME TO SEND THEM $5.00 IN ORDER TO RECEIVE MY $12, 000, 000.00..I SEE THIS SCAM HAS BEEN GOING ON SINCE 2007..THESE PEOPLE SHOULD B STOPPED.. IMAGINE IF EVERYONE THAT GOT THIS LETTER SENT THEM $5.00..THAT IS A PRETTY HEFTY INCOME..THEY ARE FROM DALLAS TX..I THINK THE BBB SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THIS..

Leroy Hamilton Jr. Jun 13, 2017

My name is Leroy Hamilton, I too have gotten that same scam letter with everything you stated. Please someone stop the multiple scams of this type and all others.

• Ju
    JustinObserver Jun 13, 2017

So guessing the owner of this "company" who mails these letters out must be a major contributor for major political party. The first fraud report was filed IN 2008, now some 10 yrs later and we are still posting about these letters. How about someone in the COMPLAINTS BOARD get off their proverbial dead [censor] and do something about it !!!