FILE A COMPLAINT

The Sweepstakes Audit BureauFraud

THE SWEEPSTAKES AUDIT BUREAU of Dallas, TX. sent me a letter requesting five dollars to enter a sweepstakes. This is suspicious because I have never heard of this company.

I do not believe I will have a chance to win $12 million dollars by entering this sweepstakes, and I would like to see this company prosecuted for sending fraud mail through the US mail service. This is the second letter of this nature I have received from this company this month.

I would be helpful to know how to report such rip-offs to the authorities. This bogus company needs to be shut down and should not be allowed to use the US mail to deliver their scams to the public.

Please, somebody go to this post office box and find out why these people are trying to rip us off.

Annie Wood Jul 15, 2008

I just received the same thing in the mail today. Funny thing though, I thought it was somehow some sort of auditing letter, like a sub-division of the IRS, only I knew it wasn't because it didn't have any source name, just a PO Box. That's what tipped me off first. Second, it was un unrecognizable name. I say, if it sounds phony, it probably is. Plus, no legitimate sweepstakes requires you to send in money. These nut jobs are truly sad and pathetic if this is how they earn their money. I'm sure there's somewhere on the web we can file a complaint. Though, it would be nice if it wasn't so hard to find.

Carol Shriver Nov 15, 2017

@Annie Wood I just received that letter yesterday, November 14, 2017. They just don't quit, year after year they are still at it.

• Ha
    Hawk Huston May 01, 2018

@Annie Wood You can make an official complaint with your State's A.G. Also with the Texas A.G. if any office received enough complaints they would be required to investigate it. That's how Missouri got Walgreens to repay all over charged products.

• Tr
    Tracey Mcg May 19, 2018

@Carol Shriver I got the same thing. May 18, 2018. There still at it. Last time I got a letter like this I sent it back telling them to take the 5.00 out if my winning other then that don't waste my time.
    Tracey McGillivary. From California

• 09
    09childstar Jun 29, 2018

@Annie Wood I just got a letter today here in Cali... I do alot of research on fraud. And one thing i learn on the signs of " a winning" is if they ask for a fee of any kind... Which mine di. As well. Whats funny is; on the back of the form- the small print reads; "No purchase is required for to be considered as a winner status" but yet, they ask for a purchase of $5.00 fee for process and data fee... Im gonna take this letter to the post office and voice my concerns. Perhaps; you all can do the same where ever you are. Our voices needs to reach media/news some how...

God Bless!!!
    Corrina Williams

• Dy
    Dyian T Aug 08, 2018

@Annie Wood Dyian T. I just received the same letter today on 8/18/18 and I live in California. And also decided to check them out and was shocked to see that this is also a scam and it is really sad to see that some have sent money to them. After reading all the complaints, I agree that something need to be done and shut them down asap.

• Hb
    hbgirl Aug 21, 2018

@Hawk Huston I just received a letter from the Sweepstakes Audit Bureau stating I needed to send $5.00 for processing for information on winnings in excess of $12, 000, 000.00 +. The P.O. Box was 549012 Dallas, TX 75354-9012.

Suzanne Mandeville Dec 18, 2018

@Carol Shriver Someone should stop these people...5.00 X 1, 000, 000 people at 1.00 is still 4, 000, 000.00 - They should have to pay it out!...and it is not a sweepstakes if there is a fee...it is gambling and it is illegal.

Suzanne Mandeville Dec 18, 2018

@hbgirl Yep, it is the same address that I just received today 12/18/18.

• Lo
    Lovette Jun 10, 2019

@Annie Wood Funny thing i put my five dollars in my envelope and was like wait i gotta pay for a stamp to so i looked up the address and found this pg lol my 5 is back in my pocket today is 6/10/2019 yep almost got me still at it houston Texas is on mine

• Ct
    C. Thomas Smith Jun 20, 2019

@Annie Wood Hello, I'm Chris I just received this same kind of letter in mail is this a scam and what can we do .

• Wi
    Willie Halliburton Jun 22, 2019

@Annie Wood Everybody like myself that received this letter, should all somehow come together even in Federal Court and file a tremendous law suit with the help of the FBI and the Cyber Crime Unit and the United States Postal Inspector Office. 5 dollars from millions of people. That is a lot of money to their Scam Organization
    Let's Sue and finally get their money free.

• Co
    Completelypissed Jul 20, 2019

@Willie Halliburton Yes we should sue. It’s 7/20/19 and I almost got scammed. This is ridiculous!!!

Joan Coiro Aug 09, 2019

@Carol Shriver Here we are in 8/3 2019 . Same letter. Someone should shut this rip off company that’s taking advantage of the sick elderly anyone for this matter. Shame shame shame on them. S. I N.Y

• Tr
    Tracey Crull Aug 31, 2019

@Joan Coiro 8/31/19 in a small town in Central Illinois, Morton Illinois to be exact and I’m sitting here with the same letter and I say we stop sitting and get up and do something, but what, what can we do? I cannot afford a lawyer on my own for this and I assume this isn’t one guy sitting in his basement sending all these letters out. What, what do we/ can we do about this? Does anyone know?

• De
    Deleath Hill Dec 02, 2019

@Hawk Huston Hi everyone I just got this letter today December 2, 2019 wow there trying two make us look like we’re fools in a shell But how can we make a law suit out of them am all in if someone go s two a lawyer about them ! I see State AG and Texas AG hmmm wow I did Not know . Am praying and putting there letter in my bible so God can deal with them as well * by Faith * not money *

Pam Carroll Jan 20, 2020

@Annie Wood I called and spoke to a lady that said the $5 is for them to send you a 12-page packet of sweepstakes entries and one they are running right now is $100, 000 from Oprah Winfrey I wonder if she knows anything about this?

Mary Ann Wendt Apr 30, 2009

Being the address or P O Box are being mailed from Dallas, Texas I'm going to try to contact the Authorities and the Better Business Bureau from the area of Dallas Texas to see if they can't put a stop to this Scam which is trying to extort money from people with this sort of ROTTEN SCAM . Surely there must be some Bank Acct. that they use to cash in the
    checks from some of those poor misguided people that are led to believe it to be a for real sweepstakes ! I just received this supposedly sweepstakes audit in the mail today 4-30-2009, for direct contact my e-mail is <[email protected] >

Annettes Feb 14, 2017

@Mary Ann Wendt YEA!!! I got one too!!! 2/13/17!!!

Chouston Sep 11, 2017

@Mary Ann Wendt I just got one 09/09/17 for 12, 000, 000.00 so there are still going strong.

• Mi
    missinglink May 06, 2009

the company is still preying on the gullible and the eternal optimist. spread the word to friends and neighbors. see the report at:

The solicitation, which requests that consumers return a "claim form" along with $5, offers to sell a report that lists national sweepstakes operated by other, third-party, companies and the prizes to be awarded in those sweepstakes. The offer is not clear and conspicuous.
    As of August 29, 2008, Emerson Publishing agreed to discontinue some advertisements, but refused to fully cooperate with the BBB by modifying all of its advertisements to adhere to the BBB Code of Advertising.

Paula Barrino May 27, 2009

I, too, have received numerous letters from this and other Foundations, Distrubuting places, Marketing establishments, etc. They ALL profess that you need not pay anything and then you receive a letter (finally after NUMEROUS ones from them) claiming you have won huge amounts of money. All you need do is send a processing fee of from $5 up to $29 (is what my correspondences claim).
    How inhumane can this be? I am an individual who has hrs. to a doctorate degree and can't work because I've been deemed disabled. I recive SSI. That in itself says a lot. I don't believe our country would not consider the less fortunate (yet highly blessed as I), poorer persons who would be taken for these types of fraudulent activities. It is so mean, inconsiderate and should be outlawed. If the government fined such establishments of persons to whom this is applicable, they (gov't) could build resouces on this alone to pay off some debts.
    This is a hard, careless, cruel world wherein such activity can be permitted to continue affecting millions of lower class, poor people. It not only destorts one's inner-being, but it is just pure LOW-DOWN!

• Al
    Alvyt Jan 05, 2018

@Paula Barrino Can you report it to your State Attorney General to report fraud

Romwar Jan 18, 2020

@Paula Barrino I said to them great, and I will send you the $5.00 happily, after receiving the $12 million.

• Cy
    cynthia gaskins Jun 29, 2009

yes i have receive mail containing to the money and i do agree something has to be done about it.Times are hard and all they can think about is scanning money from people.I hope they get these people and lock them up and return people money. [email protected]

sunsetangel Jul 10, 2009

About 3 months ago I fell for this and sent the 5 dollars. About a week later, I got another one asking for 19 dollars. I feel that people in general are responsible for their own choices. However, this scam is rather cruel to offer such a "chance" at much needed wealth. The fraudulent hope is just NOT right. This company and or person should be ashamed of themselves and punishment by law should be enforced.

Judy Harrison Sep 02, 2009

I want to thank you for this site. I just received the letter from the Sweepstakes Audit Bureau asking for the $5 processing fee for eligibility to win $12, 000, 000.00. At first I thought maybe it was from Publishers Clearing House!! But they don't ask for any " processing fee!"... I thought: "I'm going to Google this first". sure enough...all your great warnings proved my instincts were right! Thanks for the info!!

Carol Shriver Nov 15, 2017

@Judy Harrison Absolutely. We just have to remember to ignore those prize awarding sites that request money for processing fees.

• Fa
    fasttrac Sep 04, 2009

I just recieved a letter today.
    Thanks for the warning-scam artists.

Rottie Sep 17, 2009

Yes, I live in Indiana and I got one. Thought it sounded fishy and voila ! it is.

• Fr
    Fr. Allen Sep 18, 2009

If it comes in e-mail, hit the delete. If you send anything by USPS contact your Post Office and file a mail fraud charge. Always keep all information. There is no processing fee involved in "honest" sweepstakes. Never send money to enter a sweepstakes. Remember, "if it seems too good to be true, it usually is". The same thing with these e-mail inheritance and Sweepstakes scams. An inheritance should cost you nothing to collect, any fees will be documented and paid by you after receipt of the funds and it has cleared the bank.
    Inheritances are never handled by e-mail. The IRS does not notify you of money sent or owed by e-mail. The internet is the biggest medium for easy rip-offs. And when dealing in products, know the people you are dealing with, "Let the Buyer Beware".
    Lastly; If you receive an e-mail that says there are problems with a bank or credit account (or PayPal, e-bay or whatever.) Delete the e-mail and do not use their click-link. Contact your company by phone or through your own provided internet URL. In most e-mail cases you can forward the whole e-mail to the company with the e-mail address that you always use from your address book. I hope this helps someone. There is no such thing as "get rich quick".

• I want to know do the people that work in the Sweepstakes Clearinghouse; which is Sweepstakes Audit Bureau that is, do they got the $5 fee and that claim form to processed it? If it does, they said it should be arrived in 3 days but it didn't arrive in 3 days, it arrives more; especially greater than 3 days. It expires on September 30, 2009. So, it should be arrived in the middle of October 2009. My question to the Sweepstakes Clearinghouse, why is they didn't sent me the money?

• Ra
    RANDALL CARTER Apr 26, 2010

IM WONDERING WHY THEY SEND OUT LETTERS TO EVERYONE THAT THEY HAVE WON 12, 000, 000.00 AND NEVER RECEIVE THE MONEY LIKE REQUESTED LIKE THE LETTER STATES.SO I WANT MY MONEY BACK THAT I SENT OUT FOR THE FEE, OR I'LL SUE THIS COMPANY FOR ALL I CAN GET OUT OF THEM

Paul190060 May 12, 2010

0This Company sure has lots of money HUH??
    I got the same letter. Someone has to step up and get this off of peoples mailing list.
    Why can't something be done about this letter.
    Are we all that stupid? NO! we are not. Let us use this letter to get these peoples or persons.

is there anyone who would like to try and help me out here???

e-mail me at [email protected]

Mardis May 29, 2010

I to have receved a letter from Sweepstakes Audit Bureau. I thought the $5 dollar fee reasonable, but thought I would see what I counl find. I'm glade that I found this site. I certanly will not send in my entry. Thanks to all who wrote about the Audit Bureau. Good job!!!

• Rh
    Rhoda5 Jun 12, 2010

Thank you for all your letters/complaints. I, too have received this letter! Well, this company will not received my $5.00. This scam should be stopped! Take care everyone!

Tiffany Johnson Jun 15, 2010

Check being mailed to house wanting 5$ for a fee

• Ce
    Cecilia Enright Jul 03, 2010

Well, I keep getting these letters that I have won millions!! The catch is, that you must send money in order to "register". Don't fall for it. it's a scam...If you have entered a sweepstakes and thwy tell you you have won, but you must send a certain sum...don't do it. it is illegal and the whole thing is a scam to get your $5.00 or even $ 659.!! Report this to USPostal service, if it came in the mail and if it's a phone call, report to US Fraud Dept. Be aware, be wise, be careful. Cecilia enright, Daly City CAlifornia

Letty DeHaro Nov 22, 2017

@Cecilia Enright I myself just recieved a letter like all of you what [censor] of them to rip people off like that

p.a.m Aug 02, 2010

i have got this letter and my daughter send money and then i look it up and it was a rip off i got 20 letters but we should put a end to it

tina hefner Aug 10, 2010

this is my second letter in a month on winning a sweepstakes. they want me to send them 5.00$. i have been scammed back in 2006, and would like to have something done about these people. thank you tina hefner.

Juliana Cheng May 29, 2018

@tina hefner I received a similar one with SWEEPSTAKES PRIZE ENTRY CENTER P.O. BOX 549012 DALLSA TX 75354-9012 on the letter head address but an additional line PRIZE ELIGIBILITY PROCESSING on the returned envelope without postage. There is a DOCUMENT NUMBER and VOID AFTER 06/02/18 date in the letter! Signed by an AWARDS DIRECTOR "RIch Brady". Besides the $5 RESEARCH AND DATA PROCESSING FEE of $5, there are three payment options plus a signature requirement line a CLAIM FORM, Registered Notice Confirmation (for use by individuals requesting entry information pertaining to cash and prizes from US sweepstakes) to be completed and return in envelope provided... No Emerson Publishing, Incorporated title head anywhere in the content of the letter but a scan (bar code) of some sort on the portion to be return with the $5 fee. So whom ever who is using this post office box must be a billionaire by now since apparently this has been going on for at least 12 years? You posted a scam in 2006 and I am getting one in 2018 and the post office box has NOT be closed down!!!

watkins, george Aug 16, 2010

These [censor]---- are playing a very dangerous game and nothing would please me more than to wake up one morning and read that some outraged victim of their heartless scam has put a bullet right through the heads of these worthless piece of sh__.

• St
    StewP Aug 17, 2010

I have had these letters periodically. The last time I did not send $5.00, just the form.

I had exactly the same response as when I sent in $5.00. I knew it made no sense to send $5.00 and hope to win $12 million.
    They would have to get a lot of fivers with how frequent these letters come. I would guess 3 times a year.

This is the first time I went to the scam search and saw these letters.

I will save postage.

They should be reported in Dallas, but seeing how Dallas is where bush is from, I doubt that it would do any good.
    So maybe someone should start a class action lawsuit.

stew

WASHERWOMAN Aug 26, 2010

JUST GOT A SWEEPSTAKES REPORT AND REQUEST FOR $5 TODAY. THAT MAKES 4 JUST FOR TODAY. LAST WEEK IT WAS THE MICROSOFT E-MAIL LOTTERY. ALSO CALLED THE 419 SCAM. LETTERS ARE COMING FROM ENGLAND, NETHERLANDS. SCOTLAND, HALIFAX BANK IS INVOLVED. IF U GO TO 419SCAM U WILL FIND MUCH INFO ON THESE RIP-OFFS. THEY CAN BE REPORTED AND RESEARCHED. THESE LETTERS COME IN AT 2-10 A WEEK. THE SPELLING OF MY NAME IS FROM A MAGAZINE I ORDERED OUT OF TEXAS 4 YEARS AGO. THEY MUST HAVE SOLD THE MAILING LIST AND NOW IT IS EVERYWHERE. THESE SCAMS ARE LIKE COCKROACHES. JUST CANT GET RID OF THEM

joe b. cockrell Aug 30, 2010

I got sweepstakes report and request for $5.oo today send to p.o. box 549012- Dallas TX 753354-9012 look in to this from

Joe bob Cockrell

Larquitta Sep 06, 2010

Just received the same letter. I know it is a scam because it has no valid phone number...haha. Whoever they are, the are not getting my last 5.00. lol

• Je
    JennyJeanLove Nov 02, 2010

Yes, I just received this "THE SWEEPSTAKES AUDIT BUREAU" letter, asking for $5. It is so sad that people have to get money this way. I have no idea how they can afford all this paper their printing on!!! and postage! it's crazy. I wish there was some way the US post office could get rid of these scams.

Tired of Evil People Dec 06, 2010

Holy cow!!! I work hard for my money, as we all do, yet these people want us to just hand over our cash??? What's so wrong with the government that people who run these scams can't be prosecuted? I'm tired of getting these things in the mail. Our dedicated postal workers shouldn't have to waste their time delivering the poison that those companies are sending out. It's gotten so bad lately I'm sure some of us have thrown away legitimate parcels just because we thought they were one of these scam things!!! I'll be taking this one to my local post office to file a formal complaint, although I'd rather use my time doing something I enjoy! :( 'Tired of Evil People'

Tired of Evil People Dec 06, 2010

Holy cow!!! Send $5 to find out if I've won $12 million...really??? How naive am I supposed to be in this "company"s eyes? I work hard for my money, as we all do I'm sure, yet these people want us to just hand it over to them??? What a waste of time for our dedicated postal workers!! What's so horribly wrong with our government that these people aren't being dealt with & prosecuted to end these evil scams? I'll be going to my local post office to file a formal complaint & maybe it will take that one last voice to get something done. I hate spending my time doing something that's not productive to my personal needs. But I guess I have to do my part to make a point to these people that we're not going to let them get away with their dishonest practices against us :(

• Ba
    barbara r cavalier Dec 14, 2010

12, 000, 000, 00 may i regerster on line

lady sw Dec 15, 2010

I just got one of them letters and my crazy self was going to send the five dollars until i said to myself let me look these people up and i see this.

• Ad
    adpowell Apr 12, 2011

I just received a letter as well today, Tuesday, April 12, 2011. Please I agree with having these people prosecuted. It is a shame that they still seem to get away with sending out these types of letters. I get them all the time and just go straight to the shredding machine. Please everyone lets do all we can to stop the maddness.

• Je
    Jeff Brooks Apr 18, 2011

My name is Jeff Brooks and yeah I think the Sweepstakes Audit Bureau is a Fraud. Because they usually send me a Sweepstakes in the mail once in a while, I would like for them to stop sending me any kind of mailing.

NORMAOXENDINE Jun 01, 2011

I GOT THE SAME THING TODAY FROM SWEEPSTAKES AUDIT BUREAU CLAIM FORM.THEY WERE ASKING FOR $24.20 AND SOME OF THE OTHER'S WERE ASKING $5 OR $10 OR $20 YES I THINK THIS IS A SCAM YOU SEE THEY DON'T PUT A TEL PHONE NUMBER ON THERE FORM'S.THEY SAID I HAD WON $1, 212, 750.OO AND I KNOW THAT IS BULL ### AND YES SOMETHING NEED'S TO BE DONE ABOUT THIS WE ALL NEED'S TO START A LAWSUIT.THEY NEED TO GET OFF THERE ### AND GET A REAL JOB BECAUSE MY MONEY COME'S HARD.I WISH THAT I KNOW WHAT TO DO ABOUT THIS OR WHO I CAN WRITE DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO YOU WOULD WRITE A LETTER TO IF YOU DO PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

• Dr
    Drama Queen :) Jun 29, 2011

I agree. I just recieved dis letter 6/29/11. I read the letter nd my mom was so happy thinking it was true! ROFL... But my grandma rite away new it was crap... she said its not true i dont believe it !!! It sounds funny cuz ders no number or name or website. Nd my mom so happy thinking she's gonna get 12 million dollars ta loca... So i told my mom let me check online so i went to google nd found dis!!! Wat a LAMEE they shud really do somthing about dis.

• Pk
    pkk3263 May 31, 2012

just got one today for PO BOX in Dallas TX again the Awards Director Mr. Brady...

• Ni
    nickolas williams Sep 10, 2012

These people try to steal some hard earned money off these people. yall so crazy this is th 7th one my family has got so i think that i should take it in to my hands and show these people that we dont like fake people trying to make a life or ripping people off for the money that they didn't earn. So yall need to get a job and stop sending this fake letter over and over to different families i think everyone is getting tried of these fake things coming in the mail we other things to be doing besides looking at so fake letter so yall need to get a life i live the people of the public alone so that we can actually do our work. Thank u for the info

• Ke
    kenneth Mccreary sr Feb 27, 2013

I recieved this notice to send $5.00 for assesed fees. I did not send the money is this a scam? If I won that amount of money $12, 000.000.00 why should I send a fee?

• Tp
    TPN65 Jun 04, 2014

If you were ripped of by this company don't bother to contact the BBB it would be a waste of time. This company is not BBB accredited so BBB does not have leverage to take action against them. If you contact the office of the Dallas Attorney General and give them all the details they will look into the matter and contact you with their findings.

Cathy Huggins Mar 24, 2015

March 24 2015 CHUG
    I just received my 3 notice from Sweepstakes Audit Bureau, Sweepstakes Prize Entry Center P.O. Box 549012 - Dallas, TX 75354-9012. It stated that I needed to send a $5.00 fee to receive $12, 000, 000, 000 which is guaranteed. It also has a document number and a void after date. I did send in $5.00 fee. I wasn't thinking at the time. Just this week I have received to more scams. I just checked out the names of the companies and scrolled down until I found all the address and their it was RIPOFFS. These companies is getting rich off of people. I have kept all information from the scams. After reading the post. I know I'm not the only person getting scam letters. I will notify the post office and let them know what is going on.

• Ba
    Barbara. Malloy Jul 01, 2015

I got the lette also and sent money. Also a letter from north america award center prize headquaters captial reserve Vl 1401 armour road north kansas city, mo 64116. And i sent them both money. Cause i have enter sweepstakes and thought i won the claim of money. It isn't fair!

• Ev
    Evelyn Crawford Jan 06, 2016

I live in NJ i also received a letter requesting that i send $5.00 by January 9, 2016 making me eligible for 12, 000, 000.00. I knew this was too good to be true. Never do you send money to get money.

• To
    Toodles Feb 19, 2016

I keep getting these "winning " papers too. It's too bad we can't file a class lawsuit, or can we? [email protected]

• Bo
    Bobby Bowman Mar 04, 2016

I received the same generic notice as everyone else. I have had several encounters with different scam artists and I only wish to know why these are not prosecuted under the different fraud possibilities that exist and stop this kind of harassment. Sweepstakes Audit Bureau is a well known scam entity. Everyone beware of being duped and stripped of your hard earned funds.

• 1s
    1SawnieCarrell Mar 21, 2016

March 21, 2016, letter received with same information as all the above: for five bucks I get twelve million. It has been almost a year since the last and they have become better and better. I could not find any misspelled words or phrases out of the American English context. However, no water mark, OOPS! I copied a five dollar bill of on good quality printing paper...photo shopped Mickey Mouse in place of President Jefferson, signed it Minnie Mouse and sent it back. I also copied the letter (front and back) substituting Minnie's name for mine and changed one number in my address and 2 numbers in the zip code. I'm retired and have the time...let's see what happens! Have no idea who "Rich Brady" is: letter signer as Awards Director.
    There is a US Sweepstakes company that sets up sweepstakes for charities, etc. that is legit.
    Judging is not my job, so I just have some fun. They will get caught eventually and strung up by their own petard. I'm just saying...

• Be
    Betty Molacek Apr 21, 2016

Received letters like this all the time! Who would ever send $5 to anyone they dont know! Can't believe I'm even posting a comment about this! No one ever wins+they'll have to answer to God someday anyhow. Please-no one fall for this garbage

• Ve
    Veto03 Jun 15, 2016

Hi, what a third party liability has done for me is more of reason why scrutiny becomes this very true confession that in Fresno county, a man, Carlos Rodriguez, could be abused by the system for 40 years and find that this very sweepstakes was the name of the claim still being disputed. In the number he remembers each time tear falls for the want of only one true contest. He deserves his eligibility and credit, time measures a new want so find better security when just the one who filed literally is in review. All I say to my care free dear and loyal friend is the facts are in, claim more, prove what matters, and do he same as even an audit being replaced by a second dismissal order, then look one more time at that statistic. That one vital that you too own title for, once a winner, and twice a friend, trust will mend the man who depends on the word deserved. Consumer complaint, who said- the only authority who you remember the day life took my chance of showing you that the stakes were high from the beginning so make the bond and state our worry. Victim to his new found reformed third party, I like you more!! Then defend what's our to share forever, it goes with saying, only you governmental people rap that shot up!

• Bu
    Bumb Jun 16, 2016

I think they should be put in jail for it .they scammed my 75 year old dad right after my mom passed and he fell for it and the got him for almost $4000.00 they kept saying we r ready to send your money we just need 20.00 more tell they got him for $4000.00 and my sister had to help him to get out of this mess .I think its sad they do this it people .I have got three letters from them in about two months I throw them in the trash and laugh but they pray in elderly people all the time .they got my sons grandmother in law for over 200.00 before they was stopped they are sick and need to go to jail .

Lape Jun 20, 2016

In the future if unsure about validly? Just google the title and see what comes up and don't send any money to win a prize

• Zr

THE SWEEPSTAKES NOTIFICATION CENTER
    PRISE ELIGIBILITY PROCESSING
    PO BOX 549012. DALLAS TX 75354 - 9012

DOCUMENT NUMBER : 8845- 9228-1148

This, is the way the mail was sent ! What, should be done ??
    My, name is Rex Johnson
    3060 South McClure Street
    Indianapolis, Indiana 46221
    Phone # 317-222-9651
    Someone, please check them out ! Also, notify me of the results !!

• De
    Delores Mangan Oct 08, 2016

My mother received the letter today in the mail and I have to watch her and remiinded her this was a scam, because their asking for money.So, I showed her here on the internet that it was fraud. This is what ticks me off, because some gullible people do fall for this.Mom (after seeing it was a scam) wanted to write something back to them telling them off, but finally she tore it up.

• My
    Myron Smith Oct 29, 2016

I received Letter from Seepstakes Audit Bureau requesting $ 5.00 Process fee. After checking on internet, I will toss in trash can. Thanks from North Carolina

• My
    Myron Smith Oct 29, 2016

From NC, I received letter requesting $ 5.00 for processing Sweepstakes Bureau claim form. Checked on line, read a scam. Tossing out Thanks for reporting!

• Mr
    Mrbabyjr Nov 21, 2016

Received a letter today requesting $5.00 for a prize report for a $12.000, 000.00 dollar sweepstakes's

• Na
    NaomiCurr Dec 05, 2016

Received the same bogus letter for $12 million on 12/3/16.I wrote the BBB about it 6 months ago, the 1st time I received this scam. They have you fill out a form and request $5. The form says send: cash, check, or money order. They are under the assumption that nearly everyone will send a
    check. The check, of course, has your routing number and bank account number. They use this information to steal from your account.

• Jl
    J. L. Campbell Dec 29, 2016

I just received similar request from Sweepstakes Prize Entry Center as did many, many others. A good clue this is a scam is that there is no phone number listed for this entity! I'm in Indiana.

• Jl
    J. L. Campbell Dec 29, 2016

Definite scam. Probably directed toward us Seniors who continue to hope for a better life!

• Ki
    Kitty Pickard Feb 23, 2017

I got one today I to am disabled an could really use this money we should be able to sue for false advertisement this is so wrong on so many different levels. Some one out there like a lawyer should help us to sue them an teach them a lesson. If anyone has gone this far with a lawyer my email is [email protected]

• Wi
    Willie Thomas Feb 24, 2017

I have received a letter today 2/24/2017 saying the same thing. They got me mess up I do not send any money out to a company I do not know.

• Ks
    KS_Badboy Feb 24, 2017

There has to be a way for the government to stop scams like this .

• Mu
    Murphy Elunda Feb 24, 2017

This auditing so called company continues to send it to me. Please stop them.

• Ri
    Richard Bynum Apr 20, 2017

This is halairious because I just got the "$:12, 000, 000" letter today and it's 2017..the first comments on this page was way back in 2009! How have they been able to continue sending these same letters out so long? And yea they asked me to send them $5 also! I guess there's some guy or girl sitting in their mom's basement racking up $5 bills everyday from unsuspecting people! I hate to think of them getting away with this!

• Lu
    Lucy Carlson May 07, 2017

I agree that's exactly what needs to happen to them we got one of those letters today may 6 2017

• Lu
    Lucy Carlson May 07, 2017

what would be funny is someone put some sort of powder in the envelope and sent it back to him and he thought it was poison and had to take it to hospital and police dept and got caught doing his scam

• Te
    Teresa Brownfield May 25, 2017

I just got a letter yesterday 5-24-2017 so they just might have the $12 million by now LOL . I read this list so they have pulling this CRAP for years.
    Send $5 to get $12 million, sounds to good to be true and it is!!! I will take mine to the post office today and files the paperwork to get this scam stopped. It's been going on far too long.

Cherie Walker Jun 09, 2017

I just received a letter today from "Sweepstakes Audit Bureau." It says cash eligibility of $12, 000, 000.00 out of Dallas, Tx 75354-9012. They ask that I send $5.00 to stake my claim. Yea, right.

JustinObserver Jun 13, 2017

So guessing the owner of this "company" who mails these letters out must be a major contributor for major political party. The first fraud report was filed IN 2008, now some 10 yrs later and we are still posting about these letters. How about someone in the COMPLAINTS BOARD get off their proverbial dead [censor] and do something about it !!!

Leroy Hamilton Jr. Jun 13, 2017

My name is Leroy Hamilton, I too have gotten that same scam letter with everything you stated. Please someone stop the multiple scams of this type and all others.

• Cl
    CLAUDELL MARTIN Sep 08, 2017

I JUST RECEIVED MY LETTER TODAY FROM SWEEPSTAKES AUDIT BUREAU ASKING ME TO SEND THEM $5.00 IN ORDER TO RECEIVE MY $12, 000, 000.00..I SEE THIS SCAM HAS BEEN GOING ON SINCE 2007..THESE PEOPLE SHOULD B STOPPED.. IMAGINE IF EVERYONE THAT GOT THIS LETTER SENT THEM $5.00..THAT IS A PRETTY HEFTY INCOME..THEY ARE FROM DALLAS TX..I THINK THE BBB SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THIS..

• Av
    Aviana Belise Sep 15, 2017

My 87 year old dad received this same bs letter and wanted me to check it out. As soon as I opened it I read it and laughed. How freaking obvious can you be. The sad thing is that my Dad said he was about to send them the $5.00! I'm glad that I was there because he gets the same notices regarding his mortgage and how they can offer him so much money if he refinances, then I call and it's a mom and pop couple who don't call back for weeks, then a man calls, leaves a message apologizing for not getting back, then the same day a woman calls telling me all about how sick her brother was because of all of his health problems and ex-wife issues! Unbelievable! I told her that my Dad was definitely NOT interested. This crap has to stop.

Letty DeHaro Nov 22, 2017

What [censor] of these dirt bags i think they should be held accountable for their actions i think we all know if we won a prize theres absolutely nothing that we would aak to pay ...

• Gr
    Gray baby Nov 29, 2017

Thank you for all your comments because I've also received their letter asking for 5$, It was put in mine and my 81yr. old fathers name. And he was willing to send the money but I had a bad feeling about this one cause I only enter PCH, U just don't know how they got our names because I don't live at my fathers house but they also had my name on it, so that's concerning how they connected me to his address. If anyone has any ideas how to investigate this company more please let me and anyone else that is having this problem because this is really concerning. My father is elderly and WOULD of fell for this, it's concerning to think there praying on the weak.

• Da
    Da Good Girl Jan 02, 2018

I have been sent 3 or 4 of these sweepstakes letters asking for $5 to process. I threw the others away, but enough is enough. This time I'm sending a copy to the postmaster general with a short letter from me. If everyone who gets one of these letters would send a copy to the postmaster general, I bet something would happen. Send to: The Honorable Megan J. Brennen, Postmaster General, U.S. Postal Service, 475 L'Enfant Plaza SW, Washington, DC 20260-0010

• Gi
    ginkuhn Jan 14, 2018

I just received mine in the mail yesterday!!!

• Yu
    Yulia Platonova Mar 06, 2018

I received the mail from them yesterday - 3/5/2018. how come they still exist???

• Sh
    Shawn Harper-Hall Mar 07, 2018

Just got a letter from this same sweepstakes audit bureau!! March 2018 they are still trying to get people!

Sandra yated Mar 21, 2018

I just received the same letter .wow why has this not stopped.it has a p.o box .what can't the cops just wait for them at the post office box .then they will go to jail .why has this not been done yet? I guess it most be too hard to wait at a post office and bam get them

Joseph Greco Apr 19, 2018

I just received a letter from this company this afternoon in the US mail 4-19-18. I just have to mail a 5.00 processing fee to win 12, 00, 000.00. This has to be fraud in action. Thank You Joseph Greco. Ps they list cash as one of the options. This is were I really got the idea this is a scam. Go get these guys

Juliana Cheng May 29, 2018

Glad that I have internet access to check on the potential scam letter which has been going on since at least 2006 and the P.O.Box address is still valid! Is this how sweepstakes get their funds to award the one luck one with billions of people mailed in $5 processing fee which possibly cost nothing but process by robot? There is a bar code type of scan code on the "claim form" with document number, void after 06/02/18 Priority Urgent Claim Form also Registered Notice Confirmation (for use by individuals requesting entry information pertaining to cash and prizes from US sweepstakes)...signature required to choose check cash or money order payment method make payable to Sweepstakes Audit Bureau. Either way, they will get my signature and $5 cash if I do not want them to have my checking account number and lost additional money to use a money order!!!

• As
    Ashna H Jul 12, 2018

July 12, 2018 and this is still going on. Why has this not been shut down? I knew it was fraud from the first moment I started reading it. It's just so obvious.

• Em
    EmpressN6 Sep 01, 2018

any company that asks you to pay them in advance for something that they're supposed to be sending to you is always fraud I am a customer service manager and I've seen people give away their money saying IRS wants them to pay whatever they're going to send the police to their house all this crap the police don't give a damn what the IRS says to you they don't give a shit if you pay your taxes or not and they're never going to ask you to put it on a gift card so they can scan the money up anything that they want money in advance is fake always remember that my favorite is the Craigslist Services whatever air force-navy whatever they're in and they wanted to buy my piano I'm like hello I am a Western Union agent in what you just told me is completely fried and you were dumb enough to give me your email address you are retarded have a nice day seen it all would be nice to have piece of that 12 million dollars

Rosie Camacho Sep 15, 2018

Tell the sweepstakes audit bureau to take the five dollars from my check if I win. I'm not cheap. They can take five dollars from my twelve million . It's okay with me. ASSHOLES!!!

• Wo
    woody boyd Sep 24, 2018

just received one in Richmond Va, thanks guys for the heads up

Joan Abrams Meinhart Oct 17, 2018

I just received 10-16-18 the same letter from Sweepstakes Audit Bureau requesting $5 to process with a document # to send back to PO box 549012...why can't they find out who owns this box and prosecute them??

• Bu
    butthold Nov 19, 2018

Got one in NC. Same scam.

SummertimeMartin Jan 18, 2019

I have rec'd approximately 4 of these solicitations, and had to control myself from
    writing them a letter explaining that they are a crooked enterprise and not many
    of us would believe such a stupid request.

First of all, they do not say they will send you any amount of money. (which as of today
    was $12, 000) but what they do say is that they will process your 'request for eligibility
    for money"

which means they will determine whether you are eligible for them to do research
    to see if there is some money coming to you from some source where there was a
    sweepstakes winner.

That is pure nonsense. If you have won a sweepstakes entry, the company, such

as Diabetes, or Breast Cancer, has your name and address, and when they
    do the drawing, they have an ID ticket number, which if you donated or not to
    that company, they have issued you an ID ticket number, and if yours matches
    theirs, which was drawn long before you got YOUR ID number, then you
    ostensibly will receive whatever the sweepstakes was offering from that
    particular company. In other words they have the winning number under
    lock and key and when they do their drawing, of that number, they
    match it with those that were sent numbers,
    and
    you have about one chance in 2 million or so to ever win and have that already drawn number.

• Is
    Isaac Terry Carter Jan 22, 2019

Prize form notification requesting $5 for entry

Walter Hill Jun 17, 2019

@Isaac Terry Carter I have excatly the same letter no reason for me tocopy and scan it it is the same letter .
    I wonder has anyone ever won anything from this.

• Pe
    Peggy Lotspeich Feb 02, 2019

The samething has happen to me to.Thanks for the advice .

ROB AKA RJ May 10, 2019

I just received the same letter. The Postal Inspector should be investigating.

Walter Hill Jun 17, 2019

I got the same Letter this past weekend I live in Nashville, TN I see people has been recieving these letters for 10 years at least there are some posts on here with the same letter

SWEEPSTAKES AUDIT BUREAU
    SWEEPSTAKES DATA ENTRY CENTER
    P.O. BOX 549012
    DALLAS, TX 75354-9012

I am not sending these people not 1 red cent especially you have to put a stamp on it to THEY GOT SOME NERVE I AM Putting in a complaint how do you take legal action on this please contact me on how to please.

• Ed
    Edward P. Aug 15, 2019

I got the same letter today an they said I won 12, 000.00 but just wanted to make sure it's fake I begged God for help cause I can't find a job an now I guess no help...sucks but better than taking my last $5 for nothing.

• Be
    bethann19 Aug 17, 2019

i got one of these I almost fell for it because I do enter sweepstakes on line. good thing i checked it out first. has anyone thought about maybe starting a class action lawsuit??

• Ed
    Ed Stresino Sep 29, 2019

I just received this very letter, and I now know it is fraudulent!
    It comes from the Sweepstakes Entry Data Center P.O. Box 549012 Dallas, TX 75354-9012
    Document # 8848-2588-8412
    Awards Director: Brady
    Don't send the $5 dollars!!!

• Ak
    AkiliV Oct 18, 2019

Well Y'all it has made its way to New Orleans Wow! Thank You to Everyone who left a comment it really helps the uninformed. I believed it to be a Scam. Thank you all for confirming. My Mom received one of these letters in the mail last week and because of our financial hardships she was very insisted that I check out the letter. After reading the letter like most of you; any fee for money that you have not yet received for processing 12, 000, 000.00 was laughable to me( u know taxes in all). The signs that I saw was also like some of you; no physical address, email, phone or web address so you cant find anyone or anything about this so called Sweepstakes. Anyone today knows there are numerous ways to find anything these days. so to anyone reading this comment LOOK at everything and RESEARCH before you send any money and then check again. YOU SHOULD NEVER HAVE TO SEND MONEY TO WIN MONEY!!! Angel B.

[email protected] Oct 28, 2019

Just received. My 2 notices today. From sweepstacks audit bureau prizes entry center saying 12, 000, 000 but a one time research and data fee of 5$ im so tried of this scam!!

Mahlercougar Nov 15, 2019

I received this letter today November 15, 2019 .
    Please prosecute these people for taking advantage of hard working people.

Let's get them Dec 17, 2019

I recieved a letter from the Sweepstakes Audit Bureau P.O. Box 549012 Dallas, Texas 75354. The claim form processing center is a different P.O. box 131637 Houston Texas 77219-1637. Also responsible is Emerson Publishing, Incorporated, P.O.Box 549012, Dallas, Texas 75354-9012. How about we all pitch in together for a lawyer and go after them, the publisher, and the post office for allowing them to service a fraud. All of our complaints that are being ignored. Someone owns that P.O.Box. I'm willing to find a lawyer that will sue them, post office and whoever's in with this scam. Please text me at 630-888-0488. If your interested in getting a lawsuit started, so we can put a end to this scam.

Let's get them Dec 17, 2019

@Let's get them I recieved this letter on 12/16/2019

• Nn
    nnaga Dec 25, 2019

I believe a formal complaint can be submitted to the Federal Trade Commision (FTC) or it will direct your complaint to the correct agency .

• St
    straygatt Mar 29, 2020

I'm thinking of sending them monopoly money.