TCF Bank — tcf to pay in class-action

P Review updated:

I just want to do my part to alert everyone that TCF bank is currently involved in a class-action lawsuit, so if you think that you have a legitimate complaint log onto lieffcabraser.com. I can't wait to find out the total of the reparations. I shall have a little party. God Bless America

• Ti
    tickedoffinMN Nov 04, 2009

I have money in my checking account to cover five charges that posted on 11/2. One pending charge on 11/2 bounced all of the posted charges. The pending charge posted on 11/4 which I had paycheck deposit to cover. Five NSF for a one charge that was pending. I called the bank, they said they began this new system in 4/09. They're raking in the bucks. Ridiculous.

Jojo37 Oct 17, 2017

@tickedoffinMN Story of my life as well. Now I'm in chexsystems for their greed from nag and 182.00 debt I supposedly owe. Screw these people...they have robbed me and ruined my damn life. I can't even get a checking account now all due to their greed! I rather go without a bank account then ever pay them another freaking dimeđŸ˜¡
    Besides it will eventually drop off and they can pay it...with the money they rob from us!

MasonGraphics Nov 11, 2009

I completely agree. This new system they have in place debits the largest amount out of your account in hopes to put your account negative. They also process debits against your account before deposits. It's bad business and theyre about to pay big for it.

• Lh
    lhollems Apr 20, 2010

My husband and agree, they are making money like crazy off of us. I check my account everyday, know how much money is there and I know I have funds to cover my charges. When we use our card it comes out immediately, they call it pending, then they 'repost' and seems like they charge you twice for the same charge and then charge me nsf fees, it is really annoying. I don't think it should be legal what this bank is doing to the customers, and the supervisors are so rude i just want to jump through the phone and rip their eyes out!

Jojo37 Oct 17, 2017

@lhollems Yes! This is blatant fraud. It's sad really and makes me so upset that they have gotten away with this for so many years and at the expense of so many families.

ChicagoRene Mar 05, 2011

Does anyone know if there is a class action lawsuit still open against TCF Bank because the scammed me in Overdraft fees too [email protected]

• Su
    sunsetdaze Mar 08, 2011

Yes, the case against TCF Bank is still moving forward hoping to be filed as a class action. They are fighting this saying that each and every person needs to dispute their case in aribitration per the contract. Should know something soon...

• Lh
    lhollems Mar 09, 2011

Who do we contact to get in on the class action suit? I have had no success in finding it. The only firm I found, I emailed about 6 months ago and had no response, instead I get nothing but spam email from them about credit ratings. [email protected]

• Ki
    KillerCupcake Sep 13, 2011

Denver, CO. Any one have information for a Cass action Lawsuit against TCF?

[email protected]

• Ss
    SS from MN Sep 09, 2015

Tcf just charged me 2 NSF for the same transaction!!! One fee for when it was taken out and "pending" one fee for when it was "posted" how is this legal? How are they still in business? If an individual scams and steals from people, they would be in prison. What makes a company and its employee's so different?

Jojo37 Oct 17, 2017

@SS from MN Money unfortunately. The rich steal from the poor and the rich get richer doing it and we get poorer.
    So sad...i don't understand how any of this is legal or any court would even listen to this bank after all of the proof. I hope they shut this bank down but not before they make them pay all of us who they stold from.

• Cl
    Clee Degidio Sep 30, 2019

TCF has destroyed my charity United Against Poverty..the branch manager placed a hold on account as I was to receive a large deposit and he yelled at me said I was fraudulent and there was no documentation from the fraud department, we had a camping outing 2 hours from the cities and due to them TCF without warning locked atm we drove to find out what was going on and of course Mgr was gone for the memorial weekend I had to buy gift cards with funds I had in another bank and I have no access to our account they have lied to us charged us for an account were not able to access and get this how do you close an account when the social security number doesn't match? here's one better when my co-worker accompanied me to tcf I asked the teller if she wanted my EIN she stated no we don't need it but when I thought I'd attempt to order gift cards for our local school districts and at the end of the order gave me a confirmation number and it said paid in full and 2 days later letter stated my TIN does not match...I have an EIN and they said they didn't need.

• Cl
    Clee Degidio Sep 30, 2019

[email protected] and the 12 co-workers were affected by the b.s with TCF and would be interested in the class action against TCF.