Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Food Taco Bell dare you to unsubscribe. no, really...

Taco Bell  - dare you to unsubscribe. no, really...

C
Author of the complaint
5:38 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Several months ago, I downloaded and installed the Taco Bell app, thinking I would save time by ordering in advance. Unfortunately, the app didn't allow me to make simple substitutions (e.g., Fiesta Taco Salad without the shell), so I deleted the app from my phone. Unfortunately, when I opened the app, I had to provide my email address and since then, I get regularly assaulted by email "deals" in which I have zero interest. Look, I'm a fan of Taco Bell, but my patience is wearing thing here. I've unsubscribed no fewer than 20 times by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. No luck (even though it tells me I am successfully unsubscribed.) Finally called the customer service line and talked to a tech person who admitted this "is a problem, " but assuring me that I would be removed from the list. Unfortunately, words don't seem to matter to Taco Bell, so I continue to be assaulted by unwanted email deals and have resorted to apply a "rule" in my mail program that will automatically delete the message without reading. Taco Bell - not sure what your problem is, but I want to be unsubscribed. Fix it or I'll be forced to stop eating your food. Yes, I'm that disgusted by this experienced. Buyer beware -- do NOT download the app if you don't want to be harassed by email.

Update by Cari De La Cruz
Sep 25, 2018 6:25 pm

Sorry for typos. That's what frustration will do for you!

Helpful? 0 0

More Taco Bell complaints & reviews

Taco Bell - false promise
Taco Bell - slip and fall
3 comments
L
Jan 10, 2022 5:38 am

I had the same issue. The unsubscribe button in a company’s promotional emails is legally required to work, and must work within 2-3 mouse presses without any extra hassle. I tried to contact Taco Bell headquarters, but their information on their official website does not work. I ended up filling a legal complaint to the Federal Trade Commission on the violation of the Can-Spam act(16 CFR Part 316). (My emails from Taco Bell mysteriously quite shortly after)

J
Apr 26, 2021 5:38 am

You have to go into the app and turn off email notifications... The unsubscribe button in the emails doesn't work and the email they give you to send any questions or concerns Doesnt work... They really should fix this

A
Mar 21, 2020 5:38 am

Fuh [censored]in real! The god damn emails won’t go AWAY!

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

2232 complaints