Sundance SpasService

Since 1988 we have enjoyed our Sundance Spa with out any major problems. However three months ago the lens for the inside light broke off. Being that we have relied on the company’s authorized repairman in the past; we again went with Sundance's recommendation and contacted Hydro Spas (Canoga Park, CA). I called and spoke to Chris and explained to him what the repair was; gave him the year and model. He told me he would order the part and contact me when it arrived then set up an appointment for the repair. After two weeks I checked on the part status; Chris told me it was not in. Again I checked the week after that and the week after that. I was getting no where with this company. I then called Sundance's customer service and spoke to Mindy (at extension 3012) and explained the situation to her. She checked to see if the part was even ordered from Hydro Spas, which it had not. She said that she would called them to find out what was happening. After speaking to them she called me back and said that I would be getting a call from Peter who worked at Hydro Spas. A couple of days later he finally called and said that he did not know why the part was not order and would look into it; and would call me when it arrived. Again I waited and no calls. Through the whole Summer I have been going back in forth between Mindy and Peter with no results. Finally on approximately August 17th Mindy called and left a message for me asking if I the spa was repaired. At the time my son explained to her that I was on vacation. When I returned on August 18th I called and she was not there (out sick). I called her again on August 19th and again August 22nd. I still did not reach her. On August 23rd I received a call from Peter and he said that a Pete Ramirez had been trying to get a hold of me to set up the repair; and that this Pete had the repair parts. Peter told me that this Pete had been trying to phone me to set up an appointment. But no messages were left or no calls came in. I have At&T U-Verse which has a call history and nothing showed up. Peter gave me this Pete’s phone number to call. As soon as I got off the phone with Peter I called Pete. Pete told me that he would come by that day between 4 – 6 pm, but would call first to let me know that he was on his way. So I rearranged my plans and waited. By 6 pm Pete had not showed up or called. At 6:35 pm Pete shows up at my door. After inspecting my spa he explains that he needed a special tool to get to the light fixture and he would have to order this special tool. Pete told me that he could make the repair on Saturday, August 27th. Pete told me he would call just to confirm the appointment on Thursday. Thursday comes and no call from Pete. Friday I call him and he tells me that the part has not come in and would call me. A week goes by and no call from Pete; so the following Friday (September 9th) I call Pete. Still no tool. So now it’s another week. Oh and by the way Peter quoted me a fee of $80.00 per hour for the repair that would take 2 hours, plus the part for $75.00; for a total of $235.00. Pete showed up and quotes me $250.00 for the repair and $75.00 for the part; making it a total of $325.00. Pete now tells me that the motor has to be removed to repair the light. At this point I’m a bit suspicious about the whole price matter. If Peter is from an authorized repair center would he not know that the motor had to be removed to get to the light repair. Or is Pete just stiffing me. At this point I do not know. What I do know is that I depended on Sundance to stand behind their product and to help when a problem came up. I expected Mindy to follow up, but she does not return calls. I expected the authorized repair center to follow through, get the parts and make the repairs in a timely manner. I believe that Peter passed the buck and gave this Pete the job; and that Peter did not want to deal with it. This Pete’s business card does not have anything on it to suggest that he is an authorized Sundance repair person or that he is licensed. I do know that my spa has been emptied for three months and that I have not been able to enjoy it. Is this any way to stand behind who Sundance has for repair persons? I am at wits end as to how to get someone out here to repair my spa. I would appreciate a response or even help as to how to get my spa repaired.