Menu
Suffolk County Traffic and Parking Violations Agency
reviews & complaints

Suffolk County Traffic and Parking Violations Agency
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

7 complaints
1 resolved 6 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Suffolk County Traffic and Parking Violations Agency. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
N
4:32 pm

Suffolk County Traffic and Parking Violations Agency - Overdue Notice Received

On May 20th I received an overdue notice in the mail for a traffic violation that occurred on March 20, 2022. In the notice they claimed to have mailed an original notice on April 7, 2022 which I never received and was charged an additional $25 late penalty fee for non-payment. I called customer service at 866-637-0008 and explained that I never received the first notice but they refused to waive any fees.

Desired outcome: I would like to have the $25 penalty fee waived (and reduced from the total amount) as I never received the first notice.

K

Suffolk County Traffic and Parking Violations Agency - unable to contact anyone

I, Roy DuJat, received a school bus violation #B21-887458 for date 10/18/21. Upon receiving the violation I followed the instructions to request a court hearing. Never heard back until I received a second noticed with a late fee attached. Attempts to contact anyone by phone is a joke. Left messages on the phone number given 3 days in a row and no one returned the call as stated...what crap. Then I attempted to contact Suffolk County traffic court and am currently on hold for the past 3 and a half hours...am I missing something here...How the hell do I speak with someone about this? Please contact me at 631 664-7084 ASAP

A
9:25 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Your website states a red light camera ticket can result in a judgement or stop you from registering your vehicle. This does not result in a suspension on your abstract. It is not fair that tvb will not let someone clear a suspension due to a judgement on your credit not a real suspension! I only have one ticket and have been told its my "outstanding"...

J
12:10 pm

Suffolk County Traffic and Parking Violations Agency - Period of time to wait for attention

I went with a co-worker to help her with a ticket she has, we arrived at 8:38 am and at this time is 11:55 and she didn't have attention yet . Her appointment was for 9:00 am and here is almost midday and she still waiting. The time we spend for it is unbelievable. The thing I notice most of the people continue waiting for so long are Spanish. Is this agency segregating people?
I think the actual system is not working properly.
I think all people deserve a better service. Thank you so much and I hope a better service for everyone.

D
11:09 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Suffolk County Traffic and Parking Violations Agency - a total scam, prosecutorial misconduct, prejudice against defendants

Do not pay sctpva in cash if you can. pay your fine online, so there is a computerized record that you can retain. they do not accept personal checks (I understand why), & most people pay in cash. if you do pay with cash, make sure you keep your receipt in a safe place for a long time afterward! I got pulled over by a suffolk county cop a year after paying a fine for a ticket — he said my driver's license was suspended for failure to pay a fine! that is the only ticket I have ever received, so I know this is the only one he could have been talking about. I had to run around to dmv, district court in central islip, to sctpva in hauppauge, back to dmv, then back to district court because the totally incompetent people at sctpva failed to record that I had paid my fine, & they actually attempted to slam me with an additional $600+ in scofflaw fees for failure to pay! they doubted the receipt that I showed them (how could I possibly manufacture a receipt from there?) & I spent a couple of hours there, refusing to re-pay a fine with a scofflaw fee when it had been paid one year prior. they pretended like my payment wasn't recorded in their computer system, but when I pulled out the stamped & signed receipt, all of a sudden their demeanor changed and they had to call up the supervising clerk & all this other nonsense. the place is a total scam.

D
7:55 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My son was at the Suffolk County Traffic & Parking Violations Agency yesterday 1/15/2019 with a friend and had to empty out his personal belongings to go through a medal detector and somehow his Apple EarPods (wireless headphones) were left there and not returned to him. I called Apple to report it and they tracked the Ear Pods to that location. I called...

View 0 more photos
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

You can't email. [email protected] You get an automatic reply. You cant phone. You get a recorded message. Even the legislature that created this Suffolk County Agency (that is not a Court at all) cannot get through on the phone. Trials are scheduled 2 years in advance. It is not handicapped accessible. If you claim a violation of your rights, you...

Suffolk County Traffic and Parking Violations Agency contacts