StopRepairBills.comBait & Switch

B

BAIT & SWITCH...
When I spoke with the representative on the phone the details of coverage explained & e-mailed to me did not match the contract paper work. When I questioned the discrepancies, it was explained “I must have misunderstood”, I explained I had an e-mail with the details & price quote, which I had to forward back to a manager (I guess he thought I was lying). When they called back they were very abrasive and challenging, no offer of a solution, compromise, or apology for what could have been and honest mistake. Since I had to pay a 10% deposit to secure the policy & rate offered in order to have the contract sent for review, signed and returned, I had to fight for a refund. They continued to keep trying to sell me policies. Ultimately, I called my card company and filed a fraudulent charge in order to receive my refund. After I received a call back from a “manager” telling me I was “out of line” going to my credit card company. Unbelievable!!!
Fight harder to get the copy of the contract prior to paying anything, even if you all ready have it in writing via e-mail.

dont worry who i am Jun 16, 2011

i am a previous employee of stop repair bills which has amazingly changed its name 2 times since i have been working there this company has managers that curse at you on a everyday basis and they have their favorites when it comes to being a screener with their company they are now known as being the VEHICLE SERVICE CENTER they say that we changed the name to avoid having to always explain what stop repair bills meant but i say BUYOUT, whats weird is right before our company name was changed one of our managers took a little secret trip to Florida to see what tactics they use in their scripts, everything that they use at the company is a script and as a previous employee i can say that they changed the script 6 times because they "wanted to see what works for the company" ha ha ha load of crap they also changed our schedules on us without a advance written warning and downsized our lunch break from an hour to thirty minutes, the screeners and salesman mysteriously are no longer in the same building because of "expansion" and now screeners are not only dispatching calls to the old srb building but magically are able to send calls to other warranty companies that they are "brokering" for I am not writing this statement as a angry ex employee i am writing this statement because i am finally free from being cursed at on a daily basis as well as being sexually harassed their treatment of some female employees if you choose to even speak your mind or disagree with them on anything will become very harsh and as payback they will find anything to write you up for sometimes more than one write up in a day or possible suspension for days the things that went on and still go on inside these walls are unbelievable and if they fire you they make it clear that if you try to sue them over anything then they will countersue for arbitration, which to me is basically a scare tactic now i wont lie i will miss the decent paycheck but being told to shut the f... up and f... you and you are a godd... idiot and do your f... job right and you have s... for brains i will not miss and the grand puba even curses i call him the grand puba cause he acts like he is a king and his employees are peasants or royal subjects, and if you choose to go to him and complain he will tell you to get the f... out of his office immediately and from then on prepare for the plot to get you fired or as they call it getting all the dead weight a...es out of their "business practice because we are trying to run a business" i have never worked for a company that if they truly are trying to run a business they would allow a person who sells marijuana to set up shop on their parking lot as well as knowing that half of the employees there huddle up and get high before they begin work, whats funny is one of the managers does it as well, they have a radio that they play that plays explicit as well as edited music and they have the sports games playing on every flat screen television in the place sounds more like a daycare to me when i worked for the company i strictly did it to help finance my future endeavors which i guess in the end turned around and bit me in my behind but i will say this in my time working there i watched and observed and i realize now if i was indeed a evil person i know enough to begin a case against them but wont because they told one employee if they did that they would blackball them and make sure they never get another job how this company can do that i will never understand i cannot even understand how they keep changing their names and outrunning lawsuits...well folks that is all on UNITED WARRANTY WHOLESALE, AKA NDW AKA STOP REPAIR BILLS, AKA VEHICLE PROTECTION CENTER, AKA VEHICLE SERVICE CENTER LOL LOL the company is a joke when they call you simply say to the person on the phone why dont you get a real job with benefits it gets under their skin..i know it always got under mines almost hurt my feelings..hi stop repair bills when they see this blog people they will do their best to pick apart the suspects and find out who did this to punish them but for all the mistreatment and on behalf of other former employes who were warned to "keep their d... mouth closed" stop repair bills GO STRAIGHT TO HELL

• Go
    Gotscammed by these folks Dec 28, 2010

These people are a SCAM!! I just got the contact...not what they promised...sales people LIE on the phone, then you get the contract and it basically says that it really does not cover anything and they can deny any claim for pretty much any reason...and if you actually read the contract is states that it costs $3200 and the max the contract with pay is $6500----so if you can BEG these people to do their job u might get something, however I went to cancel the contract and the company just refuses...they LIE...so thank goodness my credit card company is denying the charges and fighting these scammers for me...

doresearchfirstidiots!! Dec 22, 2010

hey figment, dont you think maybe before buying the policy you should have asked the salesperson these questions insted of getting on here and trying to ask ex employees? Why would an ex employee get on here anyway? Maybe to rag on the company fired him for being a sucky salesperson. Yes, I work for StopRepairBills, and I have talked to customers who call us to set up coverage again after their policy ends because we saved them alot of money. And the reason we do ask for money down is because most of these people who get coverage with us dont have alot of money and try to call in and get the coverage for a pre existing condition! Or when something happens to the vehicle, they get thier claim paid then then cancel therefor screwing us! So READ YOUR CONTRACT STUPID!!! If your check engine light is on and you tell us everything is running fine, then your gonna be upset, but not if you read your contract! Thats why you have 30 days to look it over, and if you find anything in it you dont agree with you can get a full refund. Can you call Gieco right after you total your car and get coverage...NO! Expect the same here!! And Jaso... Im sorry you had such a bad experience with EXTENZ... but at the same time, its not a supository!! Either way, you have to stick to your end of the contract just as we do! The companies that pay the claims for SRB are all A rated with the BBB! Any Questions?

• Sr
    srbsux Dec 01, 2010

All I have to say is that anyone on here backing them is a co worker, owner, the gm, or there IT...aka there computernerds...trust me I no...

• Sr
    srbsux Dec 01, 2010

Anyone can put a commercial on tv as long as u have money...stoprepairbills is becoming the same as us fidelis... they r a scam...thats why the Missouri general attorney has a law suit against themand all the comments that are sayin positive stuff is either the owners, gm, or there IT guys...so don't buy from this company without reading everything the attorney general says...just trying to help everyone out... and make sure they don't get screwed and help the owners pay for there million dollar houses and there Cadillac...

• Ro
    rogue Sep 22, 2010

DO NOT SEND THESE PEOPLE MONEY!!! In fact, don't even talk to them. I was a victim of this "company" a few months ago. I filed a complaint with the BBB and the "company" refunded my money, but it took me 3 months and they still call me twice a week trying to sell me [censor]!

Read the other complaints about the prolong additives and the difference between what they claim to cover, and what is actually covered.

Bottom line is, they offer to "warranty" your vehicle sight unseen, and they take your word on the vehicle condition and mileage. It sounds too good to be true because it is.

Don't get tangled up like I did with these scammers!

• Vd
    vddoom Aug 16, 2010

Stoprepairbills.com is a fraud! I completely agree with you. Not only did they deny my claim after 6 months of having the contract and obliging with all the hoops they made me jump through just to file it, but when I canceled it today they denied a full refund even though they tell you in the beginning that they will give you a refund for the months of service not used, which in my case was none! I really hate companies that love to take from people who have less then them. They are dishonest and the fact of the matter is that their customer service is atrocious and don't explain the contract the way it really truly is. I didn't even receive the contract so I could not read over it. I basically went by their word and they screwed me! this is the worst company in the world and I would warn everyone to stay away from it otherwise you will lose your money and waste extreme amounts of time as well.

• Ld
    LdyJusDancin Aug 12, 2010

I just purchase this policy last night 8/11/10. I just called to cancel next day because i misread my previous policy expiration date. Long story short, I spoke to 2 guys. Theykept telling me the benefits of their policy. I told them 15 times that i want to cancel my policy - that is all. They started lecturing me. I was getting very upset. My heart started pounding. I have an overactive thyroid. So i had to calm down. I told him please cancel my policy. I am still shaking

• To
    TopRatedSeller Jul 31, 2010

I WOULD just like to add that this company has had 2-3 known names National Dealers Warrant..., they changed it time and time, , because it was slandered all over the NET by cheated customers, keep up the Good work guys, , They are taking people's hard earned money by giving false hopes and making up lies!!! They probably using a different name allready!!!

• To
    TopRatedSeller Jul 31, 2010

I WOULD just like to add that this company has had 2-3 known names and changed it time and time, , because it was slandered all over the NET by cheated customers, keep up the Good work guys, , They are taking people's hard earned money by giving false hopes and making up lies!!! They probably using a different name allready!!!

ZombieGuru Apr 22, 2010

Remember those "sample contracts" they mention, look for the numbers. Anyone saying their nu8mber, bet its fake.

ZombieGuru Apr 22, 2010

I thought the best part was when they said a new alternator cost $1500. Ya. Okay. Last time I bought an alternator, it was a high-end one and it only cost me $50. HA HA HA. Unless their alternator is one that never fails, why the hell would they charge 1500 unless its a scam. HA HA HA HA!

ZombieGuru Apr 22, 2010

Gee, what a suprise. Stupid spammers. OBVIOUSLY that person was paid. Just look at his username, UGETWHATUPAY4. Obvious. And these guys are just like MOUNTAIN AREA COMMUNICATIONS. Won't let you cancel, won't send you paperwork unless you give them your CC#, and are extremely pushy and difficult. Go figure they wouldn't cover your part, thats cause they can't cover your part. Its illegal by federal law, they can't insure you or even ask for credit information unless they send you extensive paperwork prior to the transaction.

• Ju
    Jules Baker Feb 24, 2010

This company is very unprofessional. I called to get a quote and I said the monthly fee was a little high, so then the salesperson lowered the down payment and monthly fee. He spread it out over 24 months instead of 12 months. He was trying to get my credit card number right away. I said I would have to call my husband at work and discuss the fees. He wanted to go on 3-way call and I told him no. Then he said he would hold on the other line while I called him. I said I would rather call him back after I discussed this with my husband, as sometimes it's hard to get a hold of him at work. He said if I called him back I would lose the rate he just quoted me and I said that's the chance I'll take. He would not let me get off the phone and he kept say "You know what I mean." about 20 times. I felt like he was holding me hostage on the phone and he would not give me a number to call him back, so I finally hung up. This company seems desparate for business and I will NEVER call them back again!!

• Ra
    RADELO Feb 16, 2010

I KEEP TRYING TO CANCEL MY SERVICE BUT THEY KEEP TRYING TO SALE ME SOMETHING AND REFUSING TO CANCEL.

• Vi
    VICTOR MANUEL Feb 10, 2010

Ive been with stoprepairbills.com, and Ive had several claims on my 1999 c70 volvo with 129, 000 miles. And I truley have to say that out of all the companies out there offering this type of coverage this is a proven 100% legit company. Every claim I have put in has been paid in full 100%, and i had not to pay not one cent out of pocket. Go ahead spend your money somewhere else on other companies offering the same coverage and when its time to use your coverage lets see if they pay. Sure I was skeptical and read negative blogs of this company and to be quite honest almost stopped coverage, but as i kept on searching about this company there where more positives than negatives. Sure not everyone can be pleased but one has to follow the instructions included in the coverage book, if one does that, and keep all reciepts as they note, one should have no claim unpaid. Again Ive been with them for about 9 months now and Im absolutly pleased, and consider this company THE BEST OUT THERE. But watch out there are some very good sales men talking very bad about this company that they say its a c- to d rated service company. To all those sales people trying to steal honest peoples hard earned money on scams, beware of the smooooooth talkers putting down this company. Im a client and Im 100% satisfied and will tell anyone who has any doubt about stop repair bills, give it a try, there is always there money back guarantee. Once you get your first claim paid for you will understand why I wrote my own personal opinion based on actual facts, not cheap sales pitch from there competitors. Go ahead and waste your money, if your not with stoprepairbills, your just pissin your money away. THIS WAS WRITTEN BY ONE HAPPY, AND CONVINCED COSTOMER.IF YOU NEED ANY VALIDITY TO WHAT I WROTE MY CONTRACT # IS WDN20915643 AND ASK IF IM AN ACTUAL CUSTOMER.

• Ik
    ikjufg Feb 04, 2010

hahah i was given the exact same sales pitch, let me get my manager, etc. price dropped twice told him i was in my office and would have to callhim back and he said wait i can hang on the phone till your ready. huuuge red flag, i am although interested in customers that have had this product with actual problems and were denied. please let me know because in reality all im looking for is a transmission warranty. ac and other minor things i can pick up myself. Let me know if you know of any LEGIT places that will give me the transmission warranty i am looking for. Thanks everyone!

• Cy
    CYGNUS Dec 30, 2009

THIS IS A SCAM NEVER EVER PAY ANYTHING TO THIS COMPANY OR YOU WILL REGRET LATER

Don't buy Repair Warranties Dec 17, 2009

This and other companies are the newest in a line of scams out there. I have not done business with them but I have done my homework on the company itself and the people who run it. The company has received an "F" rating with the better business bureau, and on 9 Jan 2009, the District of Columbia (Washington DC) issued a cease and desist order on the company, which is why they now operate out of MO. Any favorable comments about the company on this website are almost positively from company representatives who are paid to post to these websites and attract more victims. In college, I worked for a company like this and they are pretty ruthless until Attorney General's start getting involved. Do not buy a thing from this company, unless you like throwing away your money. Also, take a look at the BBB report on these frauds

• Ps
    pst in alabama Dec 12, 2009

I've been a customer since May of this year. Only 11 more payments left and i'm about to cancel and kiss all that money (over a thousand) goodbye. I spent over 3 hours on hold while trying to inquire about a specific repair. Two men at the Ford dealership that I took my car to, told me and I quote "we've only had one transaction with them(stoprepairbills) and it wasn't a good one". "They never paid". Since, for whatever reason, U can't seem to talk to anyone online or send an e-mail of cancelation to them-I guess I'll be on hold forever in order to cancel and then spend more money to make sure they don't take another dime from my bank. If only I'd known about or was able to read all of ur complaints before I threw my money away. They and all those other big bank theives should be behind bars and oh yeah don't get me started on that fraudulant health insurance crap. pst n robbed

Johnnyalden Nov 27, 2009

You people are amazing! You get terrible customer service and waste your money on so much day to day, mc donalds, wal mart etc. but when it comes to protecting your budget and investment your ok with paying 1000 a year for car insurance and never using it or a $250 deduct everytime you do. Or how about your health insurance? Don't even get me started there. Yet when it comes to insurance on your breakdowns when you know your going to have to use it and you can't set it up after you have a problem there is some big scam there...how does that make any since? So much speculation I've only seen one other post of people using the service, I've personally used it and was VERY satisfied...no its not perfect but insurance companies are there to make money, on the flip side no one seems to pay attention to what happens when you take your car in and don't have enough for the $2000 repair... And whats with people sending me messages about how i must work for this company just because im not a total dumb ###. BTW if your really that scared put it on your credit card, thats why we have them so we are protected from scammers.

• We
    webdoxia Nov 25, 2009

It is amazing the amt of time these companies spend sending out shill employees to dispell the truth posted on internet message boards. Spend more time running an honest business and less time shilling and perhaps you'll get attention that is other than 100% negative. Shut down these scam artists once and for all.

• Th
    ThankGodIReasearch Nov 09, 2009

Glad I dodged this bullet. They've been blowing up my phone ever since I mistakenly thought that i could get an actual quote online (my first clue)only to find out that I would be called by a representative. I knew this meant sales, not information. They are persistent too. I received several calls morning and evening and on weekends. I typically don't answer anything that shows toll free number on the caller ID - but the wife picked up the phone this evening and it was them - 3 weeks after I was on their site.

Same drill as everyone else has indicated - "needed to confirm with manager, only good during this call etc." (second clue). The sales rep actually asked if my car was in good running order and once I said yes then he said "that's great, since you've indicated there are no problems - an inspection would not be necessary" - Wow I thought how great is that. (another clue). The real clincher was when I got the price ($2795 - $295 down - $135 a month) and I told them thank you but no thank you. He wanted to know why not and politely told him for that price I could save the money I was making on payments and pay for any repairs I may have AND collect the interest in my banking account. That was when the salesman went from polite to rude and started berating me, telling me that I must not know how much it costs for car repairs and any ONE thing like an alternator would cost me $2000 or more with labor. (who doesn't know about car repairs again?) If he's paying $2k for an alternator, then he's the idiot. - I told him no twice more and he insisted that he could lower the price if that would seal the deal and I told him that I had already told him no twice and was hanging up (which I did).

My advice - avoid this company at all costs. I don't know if they would pay a claim, but I do know they are only interested in getting your money and high pressure tactics in sales, means that they can't sell it any other way because it won't sell itself.

• C4
    c44play Oct 29, 2009

I bought it just like many others. Called to cancel and and they said call back on Monday since customer service is closed. The rep didn't know why customer service closed at 4 on thrs instead of 5 like every other day. I told them about this thread and that I know he is supposed to tell me they are closed. He put me on hold and low and behold...a customer service rep came on the line. I guess they aren't closed. Now, after giving my name I have been put on hold for about 5 minutes (while I type this)...

Update: After hearing the long drawn out sales pitch AGAIN...they said they would credit it back. They cannot however send any kind of confirmation proving the conversation has taken place. I guess we will see within 3 business days.

• Ic
    Icetay Oct 29, 2009

Like so many of you, I saw the commercial, called to ask about the terms, and got the same response as everyone else: my "2001 Audi TT with 73, 000 is WAY OUT of the warranty period, but maybe just this once we can cut you a deal. Let me talk to my manager." Count one, two, three--the guy gets back on the phone and says: "if you can commit to buying the policy by the end of the call, then it's yours. As soon as you hang up-the policy is null." So I started talking to them, asking all the questions I had prepared. Then I said that I wouldn't be able to make the decision by the end of the call because I wanted to do some research. That's when serious selling began. He wouldn't let me off the phone. At some point, I just put the phone down while I went to answer my email and when I got back a few moments later, the guy was still talking. He said: "put me on hold, take 20 minutes to do your research and let's finish the sale. What kind of research do you want to do anyways? You can go on our website and look at testimonials and some sample contracts." I said that I wanted to research the blogs and maybe pass the question via the Facebook. He literally said: "Ma'am, what kind of answers will you get from facebook? You can't trust that."

I asked the guy whether he ever watched The Boiler Room. Same exact situation. Then I finally had to tell him I was hangin up (afterall, being rude isn't my thing) and hung up with him still talking.

Now, I will say that because I didn't buy the policy, I do not know whether they actually honor it or not, but based on all other blogs and information out there (not only on this blog) and the fact that the sales people use EXACT SAME sales pitch I am really glad I didn't fall for it. Use your common sense and take this as a red flag.

• Wo
    Worriedaboutcar Oct 19, 2009

I just saw the commercial and wanted to do some research on the company thank you very much everyone for saving me from not using there services...:)

• Sc
    Scammagnet Oct 13, 2009

I calld in just to see what they where about and was asked atlesast five times in ten minutes how I would like to pay. They Where very rude and would not even email me some paper work so I could see it in writitng and when I asked he said "well sir you called us". If this company is legit then the really need help with the customer service!

savvy10 Oct 11, 2009

thanks so much for the insight...I almost completed the online form & now won't bother

• Dr
    Dreameffects Oct 02, 2009

I sent them a request quote and got numerous harrASSing phone calls. Blocked their phone numbers from contacting me and now they can't even leave a message. Save the scam for someone else. This company is nothing more than a fancy bait and switch.

• Mi
    miiiii Sep 17, 2009

Friends, thanks for your time writing all these comments. I just come here to check the company's reputation, because I was about to buy the plan. It was very helpful...

• Kc
    kcalgtwig Sep 16, 2009

I went on this website and filled out the inquiry.The website itself has no information that is of value.I thought when I filled out the inquiry that I would get an email with more info.I got a phone call within 5 minutes of my inquiry, I did not answer the phone.They left a message to call back and Believe it or not every male there must be named Daniel.I thought I would check this website before I called back and am glad I did.For anyone that is willing to pay the fees that are quoted from this company take your money and save it and you will have enough to fix your car unless your car is already broke.It doesnt sound like this company would pay for anything anyway if you did file a claim

• Nu
    nunya11 Sep 15, 2009

haha i see someone mentioned a representative named daniel.. that guy when i was on the phone with him he knew it was a SCAM and he knew i was RIGHT he was trying to put it off as if i am in great need of them, i told them i didnt need them when i had problems with my car and i definitley do not need them now!

• Nu
    nunya11 Sep 15, 2009

These Aholes will do anything to get your money, i did a quote because i was interested in my car having a warranty. But the money was 300 $$ and i couldnt pay that. then they lowered it to 50, told me i would recieve my contract etc.. in the mail in 2 weeks. I DID NOT RECIEVE MY CONTRACT UNTIL 29 DAYS! AND I READ THE CONTRACT AND IT IS A BUNCH A ###. I HAVE 60 DAYS FOR CANCELATION... HELLO I JUST RECIEVED THE DANM THING AFTER A MONTH. AND IT WAS LABELED 2ND DAY AIR! WHAT IS THIS. WELL I CALLED AND TOLD THEM I WANTED TO CANCEL MY CONTRACT AND THEY KEPT ASKING WHY, AND I TOLD THEM I DID NOT AGREE WITH MY CONTRACT AND THEY PRESSURED ME AND ASKED WHY WHY WHY AND THEN TRIED TELLING ME ITS BECAUSE ITS A LIMITED PROGRAM I AM IN. RIDICULOUS. THEN THE GUY HAD THE NERVE AFTER KEEPNG ME ON THE PHONE FOR ALMOST A HOUR TO TELL ME TO CALL MONDAY BECAUSE CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS CLOSED. WHAT I FOUND I DID NOT LIKE IN MY POLICY WAS
    1. I CAN NOT PUT A BODY KIT OR OVERSIZED WHEELS ON MY CAR... ARE YOU SERIOUS ITS MY CAR IF I WANT TO CHANGE THE BODY OR PUT 17 INCH RIM ILL DO IT. THEY HAVE NO RIGHT.
    2. IF MY CAR HAD OTHER PARTS OTHER THEN THE MANUFACTURES PARTS I WAS NOT ELIGIBLE... IT DOESNT ALWAYS HAVE TO BE THE MANUFACTURES PARTS! THEY ARE TOO EXPENSIVE.
    3.IF MY CAR WAS IN A COLLISION FIRE OR SOMETHING HAPPENED TO MY CAR IN A WEATHER CONDITION, THEY WOULD NOT COVER IT! OH AND I LOVE THE PART WHERE THEY SAY IF IT IS AN ACT OF GOD .. YES GOD.. WE CAN NOT COVER IT ... ARE YOU SERIOUS ...?????
    4. OH I LOVED THIS ONE(SARCASM)... IF MY ENGINE WAS MORE THEN 3000$$ AND MY VEHICLE CASH VALUE WAS 2200$$ I WOULD HAVE TO TAKE THE CASH BECAUSE MY CAR IS THEIR PROPERTY. ... 0_0 WTF!!???! I TOLD THE GUY I PUT SO MUCH IN TO MY CAR AND WHAT THE HECK AM I GOING TO GET FOR 2200 A F********* 1980 MINI VAN!?!??!
    THATS WHEN HE SENT ME TO CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THEY TOLD ME TO SEND A LETTER...
    WELL WROTE THAT LETTER THE SAME DAY AND SENT IT 1ST CLASSS!
    SO NOW LETS SEE IF THEY GIVE ME A HARD TIME BECAUSE I HAVE THE PROOF AND IF I WILL GET A LAWYER IF I MUST. BECAUSE THEY ARE VIOLATING MY CONTRACT IT IS DEFFINITLEY BEFORE 60 DAYS AND THEY DANM WELL DID GET MY LETTER. .. 1ST CLASS!
    i will right back and let you know what happens =)

dont buy the scam ###... i am aggravated beyond my points. thank you...

• Wa
    WanderingNomad Sep 14, 2009

I was reading the comments on this post and what got my attention was the first posted comment by UGetWhatUPay4. Excuse me sir/ma'am but you throw around the fact that this company's commercial is being aired by a prominent news channel CNN. I don't know how much you know regarding commercials, but you don't need to be in the TV industry to know that YOU BUY AIR TIME FROM THE NETWORKS. meaning that you can be selling chickens and advertising you sell ducks and the networks wouldn't care. that's because you paid big money to get air time from them.

Why don't you get a clue and stop trying to my yourself sound educated when your words actually says you don't know crap!! You also said in your post that satisfied "customers" like you don't have time to start blogs or post comments or notice these kinds of things, because you have better things to do. APPARENTLY NOT BECAUSE YOU'RE ON THIS WEBSITE DOING EXACTLY THE SAME THING YOU STATED YOUR GROUP OF PEOPLE (THE SATISFIED CUSTOMERS) DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO DO!! What a load of crock you are!!!

Quick question...DOES IT PAY THAT GOOD TO PRETEND TO BE A "SATISFIED CUSTOMER" FOR COMPANIES TAKING PEOPLE'S MONEY WHEN TIMES ARE ALREADY HARD FOR EVERYONE?!?!?! You may be able to tell yourself you're just doing your job and have no affiliation with these scammers because you work for another company that pays you to post nice reviews, just so you can sleep at night. But let's face the fact...you're just as bad as they are because because you are being paid to endorse and defend these bottom feeders.

• So
    SoldiersHoney Sep 11, 2009

I filled out the online quick quote form and within 20 minutes I got a call, did the exact routine as what happened to "coffee bean" gave me a quote said I was outside the coverage but put me on hold for oh about 20 seconds to talk to a manager and unless the manager was standing over his head listening to the whole conversation there is no way it took 20 seconds to ask if he could lower the terms for my specific reasons...I used to be a telemarketer right out of high school, what can I say I had a quick mouth made good money and didnt really care what the product was, however that company I worked for wasn't even a fraction of scammers as this stoprepairbills.com is...It only took 5 minutes on the phone with this Daniel rep to see this was a joke! Do what you want to do, I realy wanted this to be a good ligit company that gave me insurance just like a regular insurance company backs you up when you get into an accident, but im not handing over any money to them or any other company like this..I live by BBB after getting screwed over by a false escrow company a few years back...and what they say counts, I mean don't listen to me or anyone else on here about weather you should sign with them or not...DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH...if you're going to put your hard earned money into it, take a day or two even just a few hours to do some checking!!! Isnt your money worth your time?

• 25
    250097 Sep 04, 2009

I happen to know some one who works for this company and she had told me that she got fired for not pressuring the customer anymore than she did and she also told me that she had to right a wonderful experience that she had with this company when she really didnt use them she was just working for them...so allt he good things written on this website is horse ###...they are written by the workers its included in job when they get it!
    ###ERS

• Al
    Always Cautious Sep 01, 2009

I too got online and requested a quote. Neil called me back and was very insistent that I make the decision before the end of the call. He told me that if I didn't, I could not get the coverage through them. Of course I also got the hold on let me talk to my manager script. I had many reservations and asked a few simple questions. First and most important was; Why cant I get the contract before I pay the upfront fee" and that I wanted to speak to my car technician (Dealership) as well as my attorney to look into the practices of this group as well as the contract. Neil offered to get the dealership on the call, which we did, and the dealership stated they never heard of this outfit, but said they would work with them. Ok, I was happy to hear that, but since I could not get the contract in my hands before giving them my checking account number and routing number, all bets are off. Sorry guys, in today's world a simple handshake does not seal the deal.

On a personal side note, I would like to tell stoprepairbills.com salesmen to be nice and not so pushy and confrontational. I can see where someone with less ability to say no would be roped into buying into a program like this. Its mean, and just not American. And I did look up this company on the BBB and they report them as an F. Customer service complaint were high as well as repairs not being honored, and bad sales tactics.

• I think there's some truth to be had in numbers so I'll admit I called both US Fidelis and StopRepairBills.com. I don't remember the exact numbers but they were nearly identical, though I didn't haggle either of them down the way some of these posters claim. It was roughly $400 down and $85/month for my 1999 Chevy S-10 (132, 000 mi.).

You have to keep an eye out for the hard sell. As a general rule of thumb, you should, like others have said, never consummate a sale that has any type of unreasonable expiration (like today only) or requires money upfront. I politely asked both to email me the contract details and received only one from US Fidelis. Before opening it, I ran an internet search and came across this blog post. I don't think I'll waste my time opening it.

On the call I had serious reservations about lack of coverage for some items I would consider standard. Specifically I asked if any of the following were covered:

Radiator
    Starter
    Alternator
    Battery
    Axle

I was told that none of the above were covered. It was explained that a typical car has some 4, 000 parts and I only named a couple but "basically most of the others are covered".

Needless to say, that's when I asked for the contract to be emailed and politely let them schedule a time to call back. If anyone from the company reads this, my name is Nick and I look forward to talking to you. I'm never a victim of a hard sale and unfortunately you'll have to overcome actual objections when trying to make a sale with me.

To the salesmen who reported on this post, the shame is yours for thinking sales is about conning people. Like an exotic dancer, it sounds like you'll say anything to make the sale. I've worked side by side with good salesmen for years and you give them a bad name. We don't all "live for tips" and I certainly won't put someone in harm's way for a buck and because I can.

• Wa
    WarrantyBureau Aug 15, 2009

Let us know how everything goes. If you have any questions you can email us.

Regards,
    Warranty Investigation Bureau
    www.WarrantyBureau.com

• Co
    coltiniraq Aug 15, 2009

Well, I'm about to put it to the test. I'll report back.