SST / ProvidianAccount sold

I have a visa with pay pal through providian and i called to check on my balance and to get online and pay my bill like i always have. I get a recording stating my account had been sold to sst. The phone number i am given and the website are of no use. I get a message saying my account number is wrong. I have emailed repeatedly and get the same telephone number and website which is useless!!! First of all how can this account just be sold and my personal info give to this company who i know nothing about. Please reply.

• Ca
    Carol C. Apr 16, 2007

Credit card company - SST - I, too, became transferred from Providian to SST without approval. After registering my card, I wanted to proceed to the website, but the address was not on the card. So, I typed SST credit card services in Google. I came upon numerous complaints regarding the company. Fearful, I, too, tried to go to their website. I could not get on either.

I called and spoke with customer service and questioned the young lady about all the things I had read on complaintsboard.com. She told me that my browser options might not be set to approve their website. I added their website as a trusted site and it loaded fine. I also quizzed her about holding the $200 for 10 days. She said that only happens if there has been an NSF charge on the account in the past 24 months. I am been guarded but optimistic in my new card carrier. There are circumstances for the things that have happened to consumers.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices