SRPOVERBILLING AND ADDITIONAL DEPOSITS

I FEEL I AM BEING ROBBED BY SRP - SINCE AUGUST 27TH I HAVE PAID 696.00 IN ELECRIC BILLS AND THEY ARE SHOWING THE BALANCE DUE TO BE 498.00 - THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY I AM USING THE ANOUNT OF ELECTRICITY THEY HAVE CHARGED TO ME - IN AUGUST I WAS OUT OF WORK MADE A PAYMENT TO SRP AND CALLED AND GAVE THEM THE RECEIPT NUMBER AND LOCATION WHERE PAYMENT WAS MADE - THEN THEY TURNED MY POWER OFF - WHEN I CALLED THEM THEY SAID THEY HAD NO RECORD OF MY CALL BUT DID SHOW MY PAYMENT MADE AND I MADE ANOTHER PAYMENT TO GET MY SERVICE ON. NOW THEY ARE TELLING ME THAT BECAUSE OF THE SERVICE DISRUPTION (WHICH SHOULD NOT HAVE OCCURED BECAUSE I MADE THE PAYMENT) THEY ARE CHARGING ME AN ADDITIONAL 300.00 DEPOSIT AND ARE AGAIN THREATENING TO TURN MY POWER OFF TOMORROW. i HAVE TALKED WITH CS AND HER MANAGER AND AM AWAITING A CALL FROM THE FLOOR MANAGER

More SRP Complaints & Reviews

• Le
    Lewis Krause Jan 12, 2010

I just recieved a phone call from a restricted number. The man said his name was Jack White with APS and that I was the 3rd place winning in an APS Lottery. My prize was $150, 000 and a 2010 Mercedes which would be delivered today. Additionally I would also recieve 2 years of free gas from Shell, and 2 years free insurance from Geico. I just had to settle a tax liability of $299.

Needless to say, when I didn't agree to settling the tax issue over the phone, he simply hung up...

• De
    Derek G Oct 07, 2010

I completely agree with this person!I have had my service shut off because I couldnt pay 171 after paying 338 the same month. I think SRP in a monopolizing company. They will shut you down if they dont get the money and they say they are a non profit organization. If there are roughly 300, 000 homes in the valley and everyone pays 300 or more a month... you do the math. Where is al;l the money going?

• Ka
    KaylinAsh May 27, 2011

I agree! This is only my second year living in AZ and I cannot believe how much I am paying in electricity. SRP charges several ambiguous monthly "service" charges. What service!? I paid a $275 deposit in March after opening my account. I was 15 days late on my April bill and they shut my power off. To get my power turned back on, they charged me a $20 reconnection fee, and they also charged me a $70 disconnection fee. Because I had a late payment, they're now demanding an additional $275 deposit! If I don't pay it right away, they said they're going to shut my power off again and I'll have to go through all of this again! It's only May - I've only had this account for 3 months and I've already accrued over $700 in fees!!! That doesn't even include my electric charges! I hate SRP! It's sick that I have no other choice in an electric company. I can't imagine how people who are worse off than me manage to afford the ridiculous amount of garbage that this company charges people for. I hope the people who run this company get what they deserve some day.

• Mc
    mc0310 Mar 28, 2012

i just had my mother-in-law die of cancer and was out of town and missed paying a bill that I was late with as I had other things on my mind. I also had to pay a reconnection fee along with a disconnection fee. I actually have no issue with this as I was late, what I do take issue with is that I already have a $200 deposit from when I started with them a few years ago and now they are charging me another $185. I just don't understand why I am paying a deposit when it is not a safety net for when I forgot to pay. What is it there for? They are raping people just like the banks.

MarkWillson Jan 08, 2014

SRP is charging costumers more than they suppose to charge.
    SRP is telling me that I use so much energy on December 19th & 26th than any other day last month, I was surprised to heard that because the 19th my kids were at school and my wife at work and my self at work. the 26th I was at work, my wife at work and my two kids (16 & 12) at home. to make this more interesting, we did not even cook a thing this holydays and my house is an 850 sq ft house all my appliances are gas but the refrigerator, no HVAC, gas furnace only, .
    what in the world is SRP talking about. I think they select a group of people that they think will pay the bills. I am not sure where to go or what to do but this has to stop. think about how many thousands of customers they have in phoenix AZ.
    If this tiffs only select one group of people for the month of January ( lets say 10, 000) 40 dollars per piece 40x10k = $400, 000 dollars. now May month has come and the temperature went up (lets take a different group of 15k) 60 dollar a pop 60x15k=900, 000. can you imagine how much money tis guys are stilling from the community and no one says anything or gather to get a lawyer to stop this.
    lets do something.

• Sc
    SCAM INVESTIGATOR H Apr 04, 2014

CONTACT SCAM INVESTIGATOR FOR FAKE OR REAL EMAIL:[email protected]

• Al
    almagomezz1 Jul 13, 2017

I called SRP yesterday and spoke with the supervisor named Ricardo who could not give me any more information about himself. He acted like he didn't care and didn’t even explain anything to me about the problem with my account even though I am an unsatisfied paying customer. My issue was that my sister Rosemary had an account with SRP from February 2017-June 2017 and she owed way before February 2017 so SRP decided to put her debt on my account because at some point we had the same address. So when I asked about the account and information Ricardo said he couldn’t give me any information except for the balance and that it is my debt and problem now. I told him that I wanted to take a survey at the end of the phone call and he almost laughed and said there is no survey at the end. There was a survey which I did take and gave them the lowest rating. I am so unsatisfied with SRP and I will be telling everyone I know about my bad experience as a customer..