SP 080PLEASE THINK TWICE BEFORE PRUCHASING ANY PHILIPS PRODUCT

J

Please don't buy any Philips product if you are not staying in Delhi/Central Zone.
For if you face any problem then you need to make a STD call to Delhi for registering a complaint request with Philips Customer Care.
According to Philips Customer Care procedure..... one needs to register all his/her complaint with Delhi Customer care and not with any service center located locally.
Any complaint registered with service center is not recognized as a valid request by the Philips company.

Now here is one real problem that I faced.
I purchased a Philips home theatre Speakers from Philips. After 6 months it stopped working, so I found out a authorized philips service centre number (MRT Electronics) and registered a complaint. Which these guys told me will be rectified in a couple of days time. But they didn't turn up in the next 7 days even after repeated reminder calls.
Then I had to make a STD call to Philips customer care located at Delhi using my reliance land line. I WAS SHELL SHOCKED TO FIND THAT MY PREVIOUS COMPLAINT IS NOT CONSIDERED AS A VALID COMPLAINT BY PHILIPS ... AS WELL AS THESE GUYS EXPECT CUSTOMERS TO MAKE STD CALLS TO DELHI TO REGISTER ANY COMPLAINT. REDICULOUS!!

In the process I lost a whole week in trying to get service from autHorised service centre.

Anyway I registered a fresh complaint with Philips customer care and after 2 days a service eng. visited my place and left with the Philips home theatre Speakers "REMOTE" with an assurance that he is going to replace the "Remote" immediately.

ITS 3RD WEEK RUNNING SINCE I LODGED MY FIRST COMPLAINT AND TILL DATE THEY HAVE NOT RETURNED OR REPLACED MY PHILIPS HOME THEATRE SYSTEM "REMOTE".
AND I STILL CONTINUE TO MAKE STD CALLS TO DELHI TO GET IT REPLACED.

READERS ..... I LEAVE IT TO YOUR JUDGEMENT WHETHER TO CALL PHILIPS CUSTOMER CARE/SUPPORT A BUNCH OF THIEVES OR CROOKS.

ALSO THINK HUNDRED TIMES BEFORE PURCHASING A PHILIPS PRODUCT.

• Sr
    Sreedhar Dec 25, 2007

For how much did you buy that sp080 speakers?

• Na
    Navin Koushik Oct 29, 2008

i have the same problem too...
    Philips SP080 Speakers...
    and remote doesnt work after5-6 months...
    sux man... I HATE PHILIPS !!!

• Mu
    mugil Jul 30, 2010

I am using it for last 4 years ! Did not face any problem(except once, i had some problem in PCB power supply). Othewrwise, speakers and sub woofer both are really good and value for money.

• Pr
    praga Jun 07, 2014

for me the product is perfect.i think there should be a mistake in the manufacturing of your product (batch wise)

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices