Southern Magazine PromotionsFRAUD AND SCAMMED

I received a call in December 2008. I told the employee i wanted off the list and didnt want to purchase any products. Two weeks later I received another call. I decided to purchase 2 years of magazines(paying for 4 and receive 9) for 50.00 a month but I got it knocked down to 33 a month. I was told money would be taken out in March, I double checked and asked repeatedly about EVERYTHING.
In Jan money was taken out 42.00(not the amount I agreed to), I figured it was an early payment. I tried to call the number I was given...it was invalid. So I was going to wait to possibly get mail that they said I should get, along with the free paid vacation to any one of the 50 selected locations. Yea that was b.s. too. Money ended up being taken out of my account in Feb and March...no products received. I called my bank, they blocked the company. which was listed as a Childrens Book Club. About 2 weeks later my bank called and said they finally found a number that worked. I called the number...of course they had nothing of me on file...name, number, address, or banking info..nothing!
So that phone number was with customer service, but you cant talk to anyone with the actual SMP company unless they call you. Well the customer service lady said to dispute the charges...so I did. THEN the magazines and calls started.
I got calls thorughout the entire day. I explained to at least 30 people the issue...they didnt care. I was called a [censored] by one girl who said "you dont have a choice, you have to pay!" And another guy who said I was a piece of crap and if I didnt want the commitment I shouldnt have signed up. Another guy told me to "f*ck off" because I had to pay and didnt have a choice. The last jerk to call in July of 2009 set me off bad. I tried to talk and appariently he had had a horrible day already and started cussing, yelling and freaking out. I couldnt understand half of what he said...imagine some of the worst names you could call a girl/woman...this guy had a bad mouth. So I finally hung up and just ignored any numbers that werent in my phone book.
I didnt receive any calls for roughly a month.. Then I started to get a call from the phone number 1. Yes, only one digit. It freaked me out so I didnt answer it until I was with someone who could hear everything with me. Go figure it was SMP. The customer service manager "David" called because the employees were having trouble trying to get my payments from me. I told him everything in detail. He then said "Im sorry to hear of your troubles, but I can only go off of what the computer shows and the computer shows nothing about what your telling me about." I said "of course your computer isnt going to show any loggings that an employee called me, harrassing me, and calling me a b*itch...would you log that in?" He didnt care what had happened. The original price for the 2 years was supposed to be around 200.00.(you pay for a few months in bulk so you didnt have to make smaller "annoying" payments. After a few months of not paying because it was a load of crap the amount went up to 386.00. I freaked. How the heck am I supposed to have that kind of money laying around to pay off some jerks so they will stop calling me?!?! Well my boyfriend talked them down to 250.00 and payed with his credit card in Nov of 2009. He told them if there are any further issues he would get a layer etc. David agreed that everything was resolved and I would receive my paperwork within 2 weeks...over a month later nothing showed up...of course.
I called and spoke to David who said my account has been cancelled. WTF! I paid 250.00 to cancel my account??? And NOT receive any products?!? I was pissed, so he re-activated my account, then I received a letter a few days later. I payed for 2 yrs of magazines, the letter stated I would only receive them for 6-8 weeks. So I called again. He said it was a "regular" letter that they send the same one to everyone. Well its been a few weeks and nothing else has shown up. He also claimed it would take longer to get them because of the holidays. Yea, im sure, as long as he has his money he doesnt care if they ever show up.
Before when I looked up the co. in early-mid 2009 I found nothing, then today Jan 2 2010 I found TONS of complaints all matching similar ones as mine. So I have now disputed my 250.00. This is the biggest bunch of crap and b.s. I have ever dealt with in my life. I feel bad for anyone and everyone else who has had any relations with this company. Im about to change my phone number and look on my credit score to see if its listed there...if it is im disputing that as well...they can count on it. This is a scam, harrassing, fraudulent company who doesnt care about customers or product...all they want is money. DISPUTE ANY AND EVERYTHING YOU CAN WITH THIS COMPANY! If they dont have any paperwork signed or legal consent...in any written form...you CAN dispute the money. And I highly recommend recording any and ALL conversations. My e-mail [protected]@yahoo.com