Southern Bridal RegistryDon't get screwed!

Southern Bridal Registry

Wednesday afternoon I got a phone call from a rep from Southern Bridal Registry telling me that I won a free Honeymoon package and my fiance and I have to attend the Bridal Show they are hosting this weekend in Lafayette Louisiana. She gave me a confirmation number and told me this was my 'key' to get in. She also told me that 'Mike' would call to confirm my reservation for the show at the Holidome in Lafayette. I did a little research on them and couldn't find a website for them, but found this website instead and I am sooo glad I did. I have all the information for the times they will be in town this weekend, so PLEASE CONTACT ME AT [protected]@bellsouth.net if you would like to go and confront them about orders never received and such!! Thanks to all of you that posted comments and stories to prevent me from being screwed.

More Southern Bridal Registry Complaints & Reviews

• Me
    Melody Benton Feb 13, 2008

I too received this same message and before calling them back I googled and found several websites such as this. Thank-you to everyone who has put this info out there.

Karen Feb 15, 2008

you know what i totally disagree. I have had the same calls and i even attended the show, and it was real. I got my trips and the hotels were all five star hotels. And when i attened the show everyone was real nice, the food was awesome. It was everything that they said it would be. Everything was great. THAT COMPANY ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!! why would you even say something bad about that company, when you guys didn't attend their? Have you guys ever heard you can always believe what you hear, thats the same way with the internet.

Lauren Mar 05, 2008

I think "Karen" probably works for the company because i got the same call, researched it online, and all I found were people complaining and saying it was a scam. "Karen" is the only one i ever read say anything good about it. i never heard "You can always believe what you hear" and the internet is full of scams! The only thing I heard is "Don't belive everything you hear" ... oh, and "If something sounds too good to be true, well then, it probably is".

• Ju
    Jules Mar 06, 2008

I got a phone call from 'Amy' saying that I won a honeymoon for my fiance (I don't have one) and myself. I had never even heard of Southern Bridal Registry before. I don't know how they got my phone number - they must have bought it off of some other website. I don't trust them.

Karen Apr 01, 2008

Ok you know what I dont work for them But i wish i did they probably make good money probably better than what i do here at Walmart on harding place in nashville tn. Why would you even say i worked for them? Just cuz i said good things about them? Well everything that i said is true And i am enjoying my Toasting Goblets and my Checkered silverware and my Blue flowered Crystal plates. They are so great.And I think that ya'll need to stop saying stuff about them when ya'll didnt even attend their show. They are trying to do something good for everybody out there. And you dont have to buy any of their products that was a choice. Me and Bob wanted to. THANK YOU SOUTHERN BRIDAL REGISTRY!!! ME AND BOB ARE SO HAPPY WE GET THE HONEYMOON THAT WE NEVER HAD!!! THANKS YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!!!

Lauren Apr 03, 2008

wow...ok just try to find another person with that opinion...try

• Lo
    louise Apr 04, 2008

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH KAREN . I WENT TO THE SHOW AS WELL. AND THEY EVERYTHING THEY SAID THEY WAS GOING TO DO. I TOLD THEM I WAS NOT INTERESTED IN BUYING ANYTHING. THEY SAID OK LETS GIVE YOU YOUR TRIPS. NO PROBLEMS. MY FRIEND WENT FIRST AND SHE REFERRED ME AND I'M GLAD SHE DID. SINCE YOU NEVER WENT TO THE SHOW I GUESS I CAN SAY THAT I GOT YOUR TRIPS!!!

Emily Apr 25, 2008

My fiance and I recieved a call from Southern Bridal ( Amy ) saying that we were seclected to recieve a HONEYMOON but we had to attend a Bridal Show to get them. So of course we thought that we were going to have to buy something to get them. So I talked him into going with me.
    The show was actually alot of fun. We spent maybe a hour watchingthe presentation.We didnt buy any of the cookware, because we have everything that we need already. So we thought we were going to leave there empty handed, but the salesmen sat us down and went over everything with us.
    We just recently took one of there complimentary trips to Las Vegas and stayed at the Excalibur Hotel. It was a dream vacation and unbelievable experience for us. The hotel staff was very kind and courteous. Check-In was very easy and it did not take long. We got back our 50 deposit back that I had forgotten about and got to us it toward our trip. We enjoyed the idea of being on the strip without any alternative travel to reach it.
    I just recently went to a bridal expo and recieved a simular travel offer through Simplicity Gourmet. It said it was a All-Inclusive . You have to send 59.50 per person per night and it does not state how much for extra night. It will automatically cost you almost 500.00 total to spend 4 nights and 5 days... WOW...
    Truly enjoyed Las Vegas and will travel again in the near future due to given the initial experience from Southern Bridal Registry ( Royal Prestige ). We are goiong to us our All-Inclusive package to the Bahamas for our 1 yr anniversary. If you happen to get the opportunity to go to the Bridal Registry Show PLEASE DO SO...

Emily Apr 26, 2008

Please read the one from yesterday !!! I had a good experience with them...

• Kr
    Kristin May 28, 2008

I got a call today saying my fiance and I won a honeymoon, toasting glasses, and some other things. They said I had to attend the show this weekend in Johnson City, TN. We are going, because I read some of the good things on this board and I think that this isnt just a scam. If it is, I will report back and let ya'll know. If it is a scam, oh well. Its only a short trip to Johnson City for us. It would be bad to blow this off as a scam and lose a basically free trip and other goodies! The lady on the phone was very nice and my friend got a trip to Cancun from this company a while back and said it was real and the company is so nice. I will let ya'll know if this is real or not. I think you have to go to the show to claim your prizes!

Karen Jun 05, 2008

I totally agree with you. So how was the show? How did you and your fiance like it? Did you get everything that they said??? Holla Thank You Girl For actually agreeing with us. Thanks.

• Li
    lilgriff5205 Jun 08, 2008

I went to this show last night and it was great. The guy was really nice and we got our trip package. My fiances mom went with us and they even gave her a package. The food was great and the atmosphere was friendly. I feel sorry for all yall that lost your trip cause you thought it was a scam.

Karen Jun 17, 2008

really she got the trips too? thats cool. did they go on their trips? where are yall going for your honeymoon.

Lanita Sep 12, 2008

I will see tomorrow i have a scheduled appointment tomorrow in Durham, NC . Will let you know.

• As
    Ashley Sep 24, 2008

has anyone done a show through Royal Prestige? was it real?

• Ke
    Kelly Oct 14, 2008

I received my call this morning and was kind of wondering if it was scam so I came here to read up on it before I drive all of the way to Mobile, AL. So far I am hearing great things and I will take my chances. What do I have to lose! Thanks for the help...I will let you know how it goes.

sarah Jan 28, 2009

I don't know yet what to think about the company, I'm pretty sure it's a scam...I ran into these people at the local bridal fair and they called me today to tell me I had "won" two vacations for me and my fiance. I'm supposed to go to a presentation Friday night. I'm iffy about it. Especially since after reading this board and another message board complaining about the company, the majority of the "happy" comments I've read are from the same Karen and Priscilla that on the other board said they worked for the company and very colorfully blasted another "former employee" who admitted to the scam. So I'm up in the air about it, but chances are, I won't go to the presentation. I would normally take my chances on it, like Kelly, but that's my date night with my fiance, and if it's a scam I'll just be ill that I lost that date night. Thanks for everyone who was honest.

• Lo
    louise Jan 30, 2009

You are the one that missed out on the trips. Now you & your fiance Are going to have to pay for your whole entire honeymoon or just not have a honeymoon. And there are more than 1 karen & 1 cilla in the world.

• Sm
    SmileItsYourDay May 04, 2009

My name is Sarah and i worked for them about a year ago. Everything they say is true. They allowed me to go to the show and my fiancee and i got the toasting glasses and the trips. i was skeptical of the trips even when i worked there but after checking them out, they are completely real. the resorts have a deal with southern bridal. they hope you enjoy your stay to the point where you purchase more days. good company and nice folks. do some real research and youll find the truth. just listening to people who havent even really looked into it except googling it is ridiculous. do the work for yourself...

• Ur
    urbrandofheroin May 05, 2009

It's a bit funny, I just received a call saying that I won some free champagne glasses and that I need to call back, so I did a reverse phone number search and the company is based out of Nashville. Same place this Karen chick is from...

Charlotte- Sarah Oct 11, 2009

I also got a call from this company. My fiance and I went to the show after discussing it and realizing the most we would lose is a bit of our time. We went, didn't purchase anything and got the vouchers for the honeymoon trip. We have already booked the trip and are going in December. I am out of Charlotte, NC and do not work for this company. Before they called me I had never heard of them before and too thought that this was a scam. We were very skeptical about the whole thing until we got to the show. Everyone there was concerned it was a scam until we were given the vouchers at the end without spending a penny! It was great. I recommend that everyone that gets this call go to the show and check it out...think like we did: what's the worst you can lose, but two hours of your time!

• Bo
    bosox329 Oct 28, 2009

i recieved a call today from these people. my fiance and i are going on sunday. i was skeptical too but what do i have to lose other than an hour of my time... if the vacations are a hoax we just wont go :) my only question is how do these people find you or your number??

• Al
    Alyson_Michael Feb 18, 2010

I recieved a phone call today from "Anita" with the Bridal Registry Show. She said my fiance and I were selected to recieve A honeymoon package and we could either choose from different resorts or hotels in the US. All we would have to do is go to the bridal show and watch the presentation, we would get champagne flutes and other gifts just for showing up. I called the hotel the show was supposed to be held at and they said there were no bridal shows to be held in the hotel on that particular weekend, or any weekends in the near future. I found out that the bridal stores you can register at give your information to third parties who then try to get you to purchase other items. Please do not respond to a call from 615-577-0932

• Ti
    Tiffany Anne Feb 23, 2010

Okay, so on Saturday I get a call from a lady saying that my fiance and I won 2 free trips and some wine glasses. I didn't sign up for any contest, but she said every time I registered as a bride somewhere, my name was automatically entered into their system.
    Wwhen she said I won all that, I was like "Okay, what's the catch?" She said my fiance and I would have to attend a cooking show in Baton Rouge the next say (which is about an hour and a half drive from where I live). As soon as I got home after the phone call, I googled "Southern Bridal Registry" and found this website. I read all the reviews and since it's mostly mixed reviews on here, my fiance and I decided we would go, and we called it an "adventure". We figured if it was a scam, all we would lose is a but of time. So we headed out to Baton Rouge for this cooking show. We had no idea what to expect. We honestly didn't know what we get getting ourselves into. When we got to the hotel, we were sent into a room with about 15 couples. A really hilarious sales guy introduced us to "Royal Prestige" cookware products with a 45 minute cooking show. It was actually very entertaining. The cookware was really cool; however, my fiance and I didn't need to be spending that kind of money (like 2, 000) on cookware. So after the show was over he sat each couple down and asked them if they were interested in buying their products. We politely said "no" and he gave us our vouchers for the free vacations. He never pressured us once. We actually were shocked because we were prepared to be pressured.
    Now, these "free" vacations are only for 3 days and 2 nights AND you have to pay for airfare. BUT my fiance and I were excited to receive them. We are planning on using the first one in September. I'll let you know how it goes.
    All in all, a VERY ENJOYABLE experience. I think the only way you could get "scammed" is if you buy their stuff and finance it through them. That's how they get you into debt which is obviously not a good thing. If you get a call from them, I say it's worth going. You have nothing to lose, and I promise it was fun!

• Mo
    Mollie M Feb 26, 2010

I got a call today. They got my information from a local bridal show I attended a couple of weeks ago. The cookware presentation is in my hometown, so I only have to give an hour of my time this Sunday to find out for myself. I'm pretty optimistic even though I am generally a very skeptical person. When I was little I attended something with the same sort of model with my parents - a prize incentive offered if you go listen to a sales pitch. My parents chose not to purchase (time share condos) and we left with the promised prize (family admission to Bush Gardens). I will definitely come back and post after I attend the cooking show.

• Mo
    Mollie M Mar 03, 2010

Reporting back - we went to the show, got our 2 vacations plus an extra one that they threw in for starting late. We didn't buy anything. The show was an hour and a half, then we waited for about an hour as they went to each couple. Still, it was definitely worth the time investment. I'd say do it. :)

• Er
    Erin R Aug 27, 2010

Ok I do have to say something about this company u get there you get sucked in to buying there products and then lets say you and your soon to be husband run across problems money wise.. They don't understand they don't care and they jack your price up u never get them paid of it's a 27% interest!!! It's horrible and there's no turning back so please try to stay away from there products PLEASE. You will regret later unless you make LOTS of money.

• Ha
    Harley leigh nicole Sep 10, 2010

I'm 17 years old, and my husband is 20, we got a call from Bridal registry, and they said we won some things as well. Well I'm a little nervous to go tomorrow. I really don't want to be scammed. But i'm curious to see what all this about. We have a bridal show tomorrow night in Mobile Alabama, at the wingate inn. Has anyone went to the one in Mobile please let me know. asap...

Samiann79 Nov 16, 2010

Just got the call, audrey left a voicemail...couldn't heard what she said we had won but she requested that I call her back tomorrow. Not sure I will be calling her back, I need to talk to my hunny first.

• Wo
    worked there before Jan 14, 2011

This place is a joke. I have worked there, but it has been a LONG time since ive been there. THE PLACE IS ALL GOSSIP AND BS. AND EVERYONE TREATS IT AS A JOKE NOT A JOB!

you do have to make 120 calls a night and atleast 6 appts. they give you a list of leads of people who had no idea they were registered. we would say a friend registered you..which is a lie. And how are you supposed to have 120 calls when they only give you like 25 brides to call. They want you to call them and leave a message the first time, then call them atleast 3 more times before you can get more leads. And yes you will get fired if you dont make your calls up to their standards

They pay you only 7.00 a hour which is below minimum wage, and 3.00 for ever show up. That means you can make as many appointments as you want, but you only get paid for the brides that actually show up.

On the ALL inclusive vacation we paid for everything but air fair, but no one was ever told to tell the brides they have to pay the deposit for the room.

And on the his and her wedding bands, no one tells them they have to pay 50 atleast for shipping and handeling. along with the glasses, no one just gets those, you have to pay 16.00 for them
    SO NOT EVERYTHING THEY OFFER IS FREE.

They also have NO WORK ETHIS. They do not train their employees very well at all! They let them sit with another caller who has been there only a short time bc no one has ever worked there long at all. And when you train, you only listen to what your trainer is saying on the phone. Then they give you a script and say start calling. And you dont know what the hell you are doing!

Last time I talked to someone that has worked there after me, they told me that they let worker live in the basement. What kind of company does that?? Needless so say the girl i talked to quit from that place.

But all in all the company isnt really a scam. they do, do what they say. They dont just tell you all the information like they show. Dont tell a bride everything is free, bc they will believe it, and get pissed when they find out they have to pay something.. even if it is just the shipping and handeling or a deposit on a room because thats a hell of a lot cheaper then the vacation or the rings.

• Mr
    mrsmoose2389 Mar 21, 2011

My name is Magen and I live in Charleston, SC. I have never lived anywhere but here all my life. I too got the call and I went to the show they had here. Me and my fiancee were skeptical, but we went in with an open mind and had a great time. It is not a scam.How they got my info is from when I bought my wedding dress. David's Bridal entered me into it. SO before you go judging, think about all the bridal sites and places you visit. Have you ever entered into a contest? Well then thats how they got your info. And if your not engaged and you have ever been apart of a wedding, thats how they got it. Alot of times other people can enter you into them too. If you ever get a chance to go, do it. It is worth your time.

• Je
    JessicaAnne Mar 31, 2011

Ok i went to this show on monday. The show was fine the food was good and i got a free trip. im super excited bc im getting married in june and there was no way we could of had a honeymoon wo this show. so far i trust them. well see what happens when i sent the paper for the trip in., ..

• To
    Torigirl21 Apr 11, 2011

Lol. I swear all women want to do is [censor] and complain when they really don't even know what they're talking about. You have no right saying something is scam if you never attended. Thats just an assumption and my mom taught me assuming just makes an [censor] out of YOU and me. Miss Melody and Lauren... just stop. You give us women a bad name. Seriously.

• Su
    Suebetrue Apr 14, 2011

So I just recieved a call as well. I am from Fayetteville, NC where they are holding the show tomorrow. I am a little skeptical about going. I am remaining open minded about the whole thing and hoping for the best. If its a scam oh well, we'll leave and have a date night...but I will be posting back, postitive or negative.

• Na
    Nakeya Apr 16, 2011

I got the call as well a few days ago. I am in Fayetteville, NC. I am excited but I will say is this if it is a scam, my fiance is driving 3 hours to come to it. If it isnt then I am gonna enjoy my rings and glasses and continue to plan my wedding.

• Pt
    PTWannabe Apr 26, 2011

I received this call in the past. While I did not go to the show, I did get a lot of information from the lady I spoke to on the phone. I'm one of those girls who asks a million questions! The group that called me was happy to share their business name as well as related web sites - one described their business, one allowed be to view their vacation packages, and one allowed me to look at the wedding rings they were offering. I did not feel like it was a scam, I just couldn't go due to a schedule conflict. I'm guessing more than one group does these kinds of shows. My advice would be to get as much information as possible over the phone before driving anywhere. If they are a legitimate business, they should be very up front and open about their information.

emjaymhmm Jun 02, 2011

I received a call this evening as I was leaving my fiance's work after bringing him dinner and went back in to discuss the phone call with him. He's very skeptical, so we did a little research and came across this page. We came to the conclusion that we'll chance it and go to the bridal show after I get off of work Friday night. It's only a twenty minute drive, and we don't have anything else to do that night anyways. I'll make sure to update either Friday night or Saturday morning. Also, she had given me the website to check out the all-inclusive resort (vivawyndhamresorts.com). I'm still looking into each resort, but it doesn't look too shady.

• De
    deebaby336 Jun 03, 2011

I received a call on Monday and I got one yesterday for Simplicity Gourmet, I got upset because I really started thinking it was a scam since I won two trips... we'll see but so far I am thinking everything is pretty legit! I asked a whole bunch of questions and spoke to 4 different ladies because I kept thinking of other questions! Good luck to you emjaymhmm, I may see you at the show friday night as long as you are going to Home Wood Suites like me! My name is Diana.

• Li
    linduh Aug 10, 2011

i used to work there and while i can say that it isn't the most fantastic place to work because it is not the most well-run business in the world and it doesn't pay well, what they do is for real. all you do is go to the presentation and you get your honeymoon. seriously. there is no trick to it. you don't have to buy anything. again, i wouldn't suggest working there but i'd definitely go get the free vacation. several of the girls i worked with had gone on the trip and they all said it was awesome. i would have gone but i ended up moving out of state before i got a chance to go to a presentation. the reason there is no website is because the owner is cheap and doesn't understand technology at all. he can't even type.

• Re
    realbridesc Nov 30, 2011

I received my call today, and though I had difficulty getting any information out of them, when I spoke with Priscilla, she gave me some information the other people left out. First off, you have to pay taxes for the nights you stay on their free vacation. Secondly, When you stay in the US it is not all inclusive, so you also have to pay for any meals or activities. Here are the websites she gave me that they are giving out trips and things from. I'm heading to the show Saturday. It may be a scam, but I do not plan on giving out any information to them, and I don't plan on buying anything from them. It may be a couple of extra nights that we stay on a trip we're already planning so the airfare isn't a waste.

This is what she told me:
    The resort website is vivawyndhamresorts.com; the wedding bands website is jvljewelry.com; and the cookware website is westbendwaterlesscookware.com. The locations for the all-inclusive are 2 in Mexico, one in the Bahamas, and one in the Dominican Republic.

Hope this helps! :)