Resolved Scotbilt Homesbad service

J Review updated:

I had bought a new modular home and just put up in August 2008. The place is coming apart but the company won't do anything. they said the warranty is only good for 30 days. I looked on my title papers and it says I have a one year warranty. Its brand new and is falling apart. what do I do?

chef richard Sep 10, 2010

Hello Judy:
    I to bought a Scotbilt 32X80 Custom built home and it to is a piece of JUNK the doors are bowed so hinge pins work up out of hinges Windows are in crooked and siding and OSB board is loose and bowed floors shake if using washer Lights go dim if running vacuum, Walls are bowed and cracked Ceilings are all cracked nails coming up in carpeting and under floor tiles See grooves in floor. Front door is in foam as opening is larger than door. State of Florida been to my home 8 times and now all this they tell me is cosmedic I am suing Scotbilt here is my e-mail address [email protected] Iwill gladly send you pictures so you can compare my home to yours

• Fl
    FloridaLife Jan 07, 2018

@chef richard Richard, what is the right Florida office to contact? I am having similar issues. My email is [email protected]

• Do
    Donald Wolfer Oct 01, 2010

They are junk and Scotbilt does not stand behind there product. Most of the material they used in my home is installed incorrectly. The women Lawanda at Scotbilt is very rude and discoureous. I have had nothing but problems with the floors, walls, doors and after 12 monthes my roof even started leaking.
    here is my e-mail address if you would like to get a hold of me. [email protected]

• Rp
    RPearce Nov 10, 2010

I bought a Scotbilt home in July 2009 and have nothing but problems with the home, mine is literally coming apart at the seams. I started complaining almost immediately to the dealer because of site and setup issues and to Scotbilt because of cracking walls, ceilings and numerous issues, 1 1/2 years, 2 "inspection and repair" attempts and 3 state inspections later the home is in worse shape than ever. My home is a custom, sheetrock home and it's built horribly. The state inspectors office hasn't done anything except inspect, report and give Scotbilt and the dealer Mtn View Homes opportunity after opportunity. Who is on the side of the consumer? [email protected]

• Hi
    hippydo Jun 08, 2013

I also bought mine in 2007 omg soo many problems the walls are folding in, theres mold, lack of.insulation, there is no vapor barrier the warranty companies.won't do anything, the company sent their goons to fix my ac, after they initially came put and said the le.place had.to be gutted . The ac is NOT THE PROBLEM! I have called everyone in the state of Florida the only way to get this done is to start a class actionbut they have an arbitration clause. There are many others who also have issues with lights flickering ( I do ) underneath my home is all rusted. This was my first home and boy I got it good. Unreal. I've called many lawyers I have everything.documents dates names everything... Just need an attorney to take this case forward many don't want to w one person. To time consiming. Email me if anything comes up soon [email protected]

• Ve
    Very Unhappy Buyer Feb 02, 2016

DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE!!! They throw together these homes with cheap materials and shoddy workmanship. When you try to get anything done, you get stuck going thru that Lawanda person who pretends like she never talked to you before about it even if you have called and talked to her numerous times. She tells you nothing is under warranty that you complain about. The company is a joke and should be run out of business. Once they get your money, you are on your own, no matter what problems you have. And there will be many, many problems!!

Gypsyleeza Apr 16, 2018

@Very Unhappy Buyer We bought our home a yr ago, got a good deal we thought because it had been on the lot about8 months. You are so correct about the craftsmanship. We thought we saw everything looking at home, but once it arrived & the lights came on, we were shocked. Seriously big issues, cracked walls over windows, one we can't open bad floor, just a lot & some was do to company we bought it from. It doesn't matter Lawanda is a liver & scottbuilt is horrible

• Gi
    Gigi Bryant Oct 23, 2018

@Very Unhappy Buyer Whats was your outcome of this situation we have a lawsuit now with them. [email protected]

marioneli Apr 22, 2019

@Gigi Bryant You still have a lawsuit? I'm having issues myself. Have emails and videos. I would like to join said lawsuit.

• Mp
    MPearson1973 Oct 07, 2019

@marioneli My doors are so messed up they've been out 3 times to fix the back one and it still flies open if you shut the front door to hard. The front you see daylight all around it when it's closed and my daughters room if the light is on in the bathroom you can see it coming through the top her ceiling. I've had 4 leaks due to busted piping in the walls . The steps haven't even been here 9 mths. and their cracked and rotted. The trim is falling off everywhere inside. The master tub you have to keep a towel on the lip of the tub or it will fill the side up with water because the faucet is crocked. I have to spray bug spray around the doors so bugs don't get in from the gaps. I make my payment on time every month and for what i'm paying i shouldn't have to deal with all these problems. They even set it to close to the septic tank and had to move it when it was delivered but tied it down so tight it buckled the roof and the back siding was worped they should have to make it right how can i get in on this lawsuit PLEASE HELP

• Ka
    Kathy1962 Aug 22, 2016

I am looking to buy a new mobile home. I went to a local dealer and was shown a Scotbilt home.It APPEARS to be a nice home, but after reading these reviews I am reconsidering my decision.
    I do however plan to return to the dealership and set up an appointment for a tour of the factory in Waycross, Ga. in the next couple weeks. I have made notes of all the complaints made here and plan to request a meeting with Greg Scott or one of the other 2 company owners.
    I have not had the PLEASURE of speaking with Lawanda, but I hope she has another job to go to when this one is gone.A person with attitude or sass does not belong in sales or customer service.
    I hope that Scotbilt will find it in their hearts to repair or replace your homes, with no cost to you.I have read their website and felt they were a family oriented company with high standard homes.I'm glad I found your reviews before I was robbed as you were.ROBBED? Yes, I feel Scotbilt robbed you and your families of a home.They didn't mind taking your money, but they don't care that you need your home repaired from the sorry job, and products used to build it.
    SCOTBILT HOMES, how can you proclaim to be a quality home builder, when you don't stand behind your homes.Do what's right, help these people whose dream home was a nightmare.

Gypsyleeza Apr 16, 2018

@Kathy1962 That is a great idea, I'm going to talk to my husband about going to the facility. See if we can speak with someone

• Ho
    Hoodathawtit Aug 26, 2016

Bought an 06 with some fire damage at a good price I thought but the more I have gotten into it the more crappy craftsmanship I find, every action vent coming out of trunk line has holes big enough to put two fingers in, roof is sagging not from water damage but from trusses from factory scabbed on to, I would think being a zone 2 own would on every outer wall but two of the end walls are just styrofoam board, if I would have bought this home new @ the 65k price tag I would be furious

• Th
    Thomas Massey May 10, 2017

I just bought a 2016 Scottbilt legend express home, I have cracks in my sheet rock, patched up damage with tape and then they painted over it. I have 1" gap between the carpet n walls in some areas. I also have an incomplete closet with damage to the ceiling, and they don't wanna honor their warranty on nothing, and it's suppose to have a 1 yr warranty on it. so too anyone who's thinking about buying one, take my word pass on anything that Scottbilt builds. Please pay attention, cause you will too be complaining if you buy one. Now I'm like the rest gonna get a lawyer.

@Thomas Massey Exactly part of our issues, best of luck

• Be
    Becky1973 Jul 28, 2017

I have worked at 2 different mobile home factories and i have seen how they went together. I am now in the market to purchase one and I always thought that Scottbuilt and Skyline were built well. but now that i have read the reviews on both i am scared. what kind are good makes? does anyone know?

@Becky1973 Live Oak or Destiny mobile homes

Salute Jan 09, 2020

@Becky1973 Destiny Homes, Champion Homes and Live Oak Homes are good builders of mfg homes.

John Reisenauer Jr. Oct 06, 2017

We bought our 26x52 Scotbilt home in March 2017. We spent over $15k on options like Hardie board siding, metal roof plus other items. Well, the metal roof has a big dip in it and the siding has exposed nails and bad splices all over the place. Roof was delivered without trim on the sides, just a plain metal roof with an unfinished appearance. Some of the nail heads on the siding were rusting when home delivered. Half of the home interior trim work must have been done by second graders! It was just slapped together with uneven cuts and exposed nails all over the place. We thought we were buying a quality manufactured home instead we got a cheap slapped together mobile home. The front door was an upgrade and what a POS that was. The toilets were for midgets. They went CHEAP all the way but charged more for it. There's no quality the factory just pumps out quantity. The Scotbilt repair guy (James) did a crap job on fixing a big crack in the sheetrock, doesn't know what counter sinking nails means and does not know how to paint! He didn't blend in the exterior touch up painting and when he got done repainting one bedroom it looked worse than the way it was. He was good at smearing caulk on the trim for a down and dirty fix. Incompetent best describes him! I have about 100 pictures of what Scotbilt calls QUALITY- lol! Then they wanted to send him back to fix his screw ups- lol! We hired a contractor to fix much of the items described above. I wish you all luck in dealing with Scotbilt and I hope our troubles with them haven't just started. Scotbilt shame on you!!!
    John Reisenauer, Jr.

marioneli Apr 22, 2019

@John Reisenauer Jr. Pretty much the exact thing i'm going through except i made a 26 min video and used youtube as the platform to split the videos. I sent them to scotbilt and the guy said that there is nothing else they will do to assist me. Within 90 days of purchase i sent the list, Sept 2018 is purchase date. Now since they have came to my house 4 times and piss poorly did work they throw that in my face stating that i signed this piece of paper of work completed. B.S. looking for a lawyer.

marioneli Apr 22, 2019

@marioneli And the videos are unlisted. You can only see them with the url link i give you.

John Reisenauer Jr. Oct 11, 2017

SCOTBILT, the quality you'd come to expect from a bunch of second graders! Want a home cheaply slapped together and want equally crappy service, the get one! They are full of excuses and you know what! Don't say you weren't warned- lol!
    John Reisenauer, Jr.

fjm1977 Nov 15, 2017

@John Reisenauer Jr. Thank you so much for the warning. You helped me make up my mind to go another route!

fjm1977 Nov 15, 2017

I came so close to choosing a ScotBilt home from a dealer in Ocala, Fl. After reading all these negative remarks, I am now going to deal on a Live Oak home. We have suffered a great loss with hurricane Irma and we certainly don't need more problems by making a bad decision in replacing our mobile home. Our mobile home was a Destiny and we lived in it for 32 years and never had issues like these poor people are enduring! Very pathetic!!!

• Fl
    FloridaLife Jan 07, 2018

Having similar issues. Researching what to do. What state office in Florida do I contact?

• Pi
    Pinot Grigio 136 Mar 08, 2018

All the reviews are so true!! Moved in my home in September 2017 and things are falling apart already. They throw theses houses together in the worst way. Wish I had read these reviews before!

Gypsyleeza Apr 16, 2018

We have the same problems, I will be researching again who to speak with. We had given up. Lawanda is a lier. Sent some shoddy guy out here to fix things & he brought his nephew who did more damage & my husband had been on pain meds for knee procedure, strange the next morning all of his meds but 3 where missing. Do Not But Scotbuilt

• Ro
    roryseber Apr 16, 2018

Palm Harbor is one of the best. Weathered many a storm.

• Tb
    tbassman Oct 23, 2018

It took Scott bilt and their lousy dealer 10 months to set my home up . Scott Bilt should be a shame of the way they treat their customers, And they should be embarrassed to have that trashy mouth Lawanda as a customer service rep.

• Vi
    Vickie Newman Nov 13, 2018

DO NOT purchase a home from this manufacturer. We purchased a Scotbilt home in August of 2017. The home was not delivered until 12/20/17. We did not realize that the ceiling in the back bedroom had been repaired at the manufacturer. When we opened the blinds and shined a light at the ceiling, we were appalled at the workmanship. It looks as if children threw drywall mud at it. The repair is now cracking. Lawanda informed me that I only had 90 days to report cosmetic work. The manufacturer's repairmen and the dealer said I had one year. I signed a repair form, supposedly so the repairman could be paid. It stated that the work had been completed to my satisfaction. I assumed it meant the work done on that day. WRONG!!! What I signed, according to Lawanda, I signed that all repairs had been made to the home and forfeited any future repairs. So slimy. Hope they go out of business.

• Du
    DunPainted 1 Jun 21, 2019

In the process of prosecuting them. Start by filing with the State of Fl, then the consumer group in your county, then go after their Ins company. File with BB and any other group you can in your county - with all of us it would be easy to get a Class Action against them.
    OH, their contractors they send from GA are not licensed to work in Fl. thath is also Cross State Line Fraud.