Scholastic BooksUnauthorized charges

I noticed that my bank balances have been strange in the past couple of months and that I kept getting books addressed to 'last name' child. I think if i had kids and was ordering books for them they would have a first name and the funny part is I have no children. When i received the books i marked them return to sender and didn't open them up as I do with most mail. I finally got a third set of books and finally decided to open the envelope only to find out they have been charging my visa $16 per month unauthorized. Why would i order these books if I had no children. I also got a letter from Countrywide Mortgage saying someone from their company has sold personal information on their clients to a third party. I was wondering if an affiliate with Scholastic could be one of these parties? I'm going to file a appeal against these charges and change my credit card number immediately. If you get these books call customer service and stop the orders immediately.

• Pl
    PlainJoe Oct 01, 2009

Nowadays you just got to be more careful.

My kid came home with Scholastic book order form and told me he got the form from school but the school cannot order it for him. If we want to buy book on the form, I have to order from Scholastic website.

After I have seen your posting. I have decided not to buy book from them.

Thanks,

• Le
    Leslie Rupp Oct 14, 2008

Payed off The Phonics Reading program and have cleared account only to be billed again! Talked to 3 different representatives and now the last one claims that the bill is being sent for collection even though it had been payed off!