Safe Home Securitydeceptive contract

This company has a deceptive contract that they enforce no matter the customer's circumstances. I let them know by phone 4 months before the end of our 36 mo. contract that I did not want to continue doing business with them. I wrote them a letter a month before the contract expired asking them to come and get their equipment and saying that we no longer wanted their services. When I called 4 months before the end of our contract to tell them my wishes, they did not remind me that I had to notify them in a letter 60 days before the end of the contract. My 30-day notice in writing was not honored and they re-upped me for another 36 months at $46.00 per month.

• Rg
    rgs80074 Dec 02, 2009

they did the same thing to me.

i informed them via the phone 12 months before my contract was up i wanted it canceled when the current contract ended.

they didn't tell me then and they never told me aftewards i had to cancel 60 days before the end of the contract or you better bet your ### i would have faxed them that letter the first day i could, hell i would have done it at the two year mark had they told me i needed too.

they are a complete rip off. their service sucks, their reps suck they care nothing for the customer but only their money.

i canceled my credit card and i am sure eventually i'll get something from them. they have my phone but i'll be telling them they can not call my cell phone and once they start i'll get a lawyer and sue them for harrassment.

they can send all the letters to me they want.

• Cr
    $crewed without a ki$$ Jan 16, 2010

They screwed me, too. They called me to tell me my contract was increasing by $1 a month - and I disagreed! I wanted to cancel, but they called me inside the 60 days to cancel, so they denied my cancellation letter, roping me into another 3 years of $43 every month that I can't afford anymore (I couldn't after the first year as I lost my job to outsourcing.) They stick to their contract, quoting it like scripture and saying there's nothing they can do about it. They are helpless and impotent of any alterations to their cement contracts. However, that didn't stop them from trying to increase my payments when their own contract prohibits it.

I just spoke to an attorney, but he wants $300 to do some research. The Atty General in CT is putting together a class action lawsuit against these criminals, but here in Mass, I think our Atty General is too busy with her political campaign to help anyone like me/us.

But the local attorney I spoke to said I missed the 60-day date. Buh bye.

So, I've canceled the new, just automatically renewed, three year contract TODAY! Three years in advance - seeing as they like to slink off and move their offices and not tell their victims (oops, 'customers') they moved!

But I won't stop there - word of mouth is the most trusted and damaging for businesses. Since they are forcing their services down my throat, I have to talk about these a$$holes for three more years. People I've already spoken to can't believe they can really get away with this, and now I know they can, so it is my duty to talk and talk and talk about them, what they do, their business practices, and do all that I can to prevent them from padding their accounts at the expense of the little people like myself.

I will be testing the system so often, they'll get real sick of me.

If you were just renewed, send your letter now to cancel in the three years, or five, or whatever they're $crewing you for. I not only did that, but plan on sending a cancellation letter at regular intervals. They're going to have a fat file of just cancellation letters from me. I'm wondering what their fraudulent excuses will be to not cancel me at that point.

They did say that if I filed for bankruptcy, then they would cancel (of course, I'd have to send in all my court documents, and probably a stool sample). Of course, I don't believe them. They lie.

They started off offering me discounts, and Stacy TOLD me their prices were steep! But, she and her supervisor are impotent, as there's nothing they can do.