RN *REALMUSICHow did they get my account number?

P

Visiting some homepage a popup offered a free real player update (apparently) - so I figured it was ok and clicked yes. Now I find out I've been drawn about 10 Euros from my bank account in Denmark by some company called RN *REALMUSIC. Since I never ever did buy music online - I know this to be a criminal fraud. What I can't understand is: how did they manage to steal my credit card information (since I know I did not give it away at this occasion!) Thankful for comments...

Wish someone would bust this company! And the real RealPlayer program producers should react to criminals posing as their legitimate company.

Per - in Scandinavia.

More RN *REALMUSIC Complaints & Reviews

• Ul
    Ulli Oct 03, 2007

exactly the same happened to me - bad luck, especially when I don´t even have a soundcard installed.... :-(

Hopefully, they get trapped soon!

happy day from Austria

• Ay
    aya T Oct 06, 2007

RN REAL MUSIC charged me £8.50. I dont know for what and I dont even know how they got my bank details.I just saw it on my statement 2 mins ago. so i went to look for RN REAL MUSIC on the internet. and i found out that i wasnt the only one who got charged for no reason. I have already uninstalled the program. this has to stop.

• Gu
    guido Evens Oct 14, 2007

Same thing happened to me. I'm charged 11,99 euro every month. At first I thought it had something to do with itunes. Because I haven't bought anything from itunes since quite a while, I'm starting to get suspicious.

Does anyone know how to stop this?

• Al
    alex james haley Nov 01, 2007

My son is in Australia and I am looking after his bank account. RN*Music have been taking £8.50p out his account every month, but when I spoke to him about it he did not know who they were. Before he went to Australia he downloaded some music from itunes but that was over a year ago. This seems to be a scam as we have not authorized RN*Music to take anything out of the account.
    Please can you help me to stop these payments and get his money back as the bank does not seem to be able to do anything about it.

Mike Haley.

• Ri
    RIGOLE LUC Nov 27, 2007

I want that the operation of flow like member of RN real music of an amount of 23.49 €, by Visa card, les22 of each N° month = (866-420-5832GB), is immediately removed or canceled.

RIGOLE LUC

• Iv
    IVAR RAGINSKI Dec 11, 2007

THIS MIGHT BE COMPANY OF "ILLUMINATY",FREEMASONS OR SOMETHING LIKE THIS! I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW IS POSSIBLE TO STEEL FROM ACCOUNT MY MONEY??!! ESPECIALLY IF I DIDN'T ORDER OR SUBSCRIBE NOTHING!! I NEVER EVER DIDN'T UP- OR DOWNLOAD NOTHING FROM REALMUSIC!!! IT HAPPENED IN OCTOBER - JUST ONCE. IN NOVEMBER THEY STOLE ALMOST 30 EU FROM MY ACCOUNT!!! FOR NOTHING!! HOW DID THEY KNOW MY ACCOUNT NUMBER???!!! IS IT TOTAL TERRORISM ONLINE OR WHAT??? WHO WILL FIND THEM? WHO WILL STOP THESE GANGS????

• Ro
    rosario cabana Apr 03, 2008

Why charge me 11.99 euro each month ? I don't want to buy more songs from you . Please cancel my name now.
    thank you.

Anita Apr 08, 2008

I had the same pb but I have found HOW TO SOLVE IT.
    Go to this site www.real.com
    Then go to My account and click on cancel my subscription
    And then it's OK.
    I'm very angry about Real but I don't remember how I give them my datas.
    Good luk to you

• Be
    bernard geraghty Apr 29, 2008

i been charged for the last 12 to 18 months by rn realmusic...10 euros a month .i wan it stopped now. how do we do this
    ...

• Br
    Brian Turley May 23, 2008

I have had my statement from my bank and have noticed that I have been deducted £8.50 for some thing that I have not had as I don't use music on my PC at all could you try to sort this mess out thank you

• Cr
    Crassus Jun 17, 2008

One thing you'll want to check out on your bank card account is if there are other mysterious charges. Sometimes, those who've stolen your CC# elsewhere will make a frivolous charge online like this to test the account number and see if it's legitimate. I'm not saying that that's what's going on with the Real charges hear, but it would help explain how someone got your info when you don't have an e-mail verification or anything that shows how Real got your data.

• Cg
    C G Jack Jul 12, 2008

I have just had the same done to my card- managed to cancel by following Anitas advice. Got confirmation e mail from them and tried to respond asking for my money back and remove my details - it bounced back - suprise suprise!!

• Ar
    A.Ruiter Oct 10, 2008

I just found out I am paying 11.99 per month for something I am not aware of I ever autorised to do so!

Please advise and stop.