Veolia Environmental Services Complaints & Reviews

Veolia Environmental ServicesEnvironmental waste bins

Hi

Not sure if anyone can give me some advice? Veolia Environmental Services keep leaving their large bins at the side of my house which has become frustrating as the bins are dropped off and collected from my house every week.

I have contacted the company and have requested for the drop off and collection of their waste bins to be nearer to the restaurant. Also the bins are soo heavy, every time they are moved it stratches the side of my wall. I have phoned the company soo many times I have lost count and they keep saying " I see what we can do about it" which I think is appauling especially when they didnt ask permission to use the side of my house as a rubbish collection point.

The next step is to write a letter of complaint to the Chief Executive as I have sent a complaint to the manager - still no improvement

Veolia Environmental ServicesGarbage company both by description and opinion

Veolia Environmental Services is a garbage company both by description and opinion. They bought or merged with the company I used for a commercial rental building several months before I sold my building and cancelled my account and I can't get rid of them. I sold the building in July, 2006 and I informed them on July 20, 2006 and they said they would send a prorated bill. They didn't but instead sent me a bill for two months. I prorated the bill for the month of use and sent it to them. Since then, I have been receiving bills, phone calls, and personal appearances at my home. I even faxed them a letter last month telling them I suspected them of stalking me and would report them to the police if it continued. All this did was to stop them from hassling me for two weeks. Today I got another bill.

In July when I cancelled the first time, I gave Veolia the name of the new owner as I had (foolishly) recommended them to him and he indicated he would continue with them.

To those of you who are looking for free garbage pickup, call them. They will never figure out whether or not you are a customer. The man who bought my building has so far received $822.03 of free service and I suspect he will continue with free service for several years.

• Se
    SeekingKnowledge Mar 01, 2009

sounds like you might have had a contract that did not cover you if you sold your business, or closed your business with Veolia. There maybe some sort of liquidated damages that apply, but you should be able to cancel after paying them. It's like a cell phone contract. Usually, when companies buy other companies, they buy any contracts they existing company has...that's probably your struggle.

• Ty
    typhoon341 Aug 04, 2009

Yer, Ive the same problem as well ...can't get rid of them. I ve sent them 4 faxes to end contract but thay say the contract is not up...????which it is. The rep keeps coming around my shop to do a new deal, but i say his burnt his bridge with me cos of all the prices rises fuel levl ect ect.The're the worst bin company never go with them. Also they drive new trucks everywhere cos of the extra money the're getting for new contracts. I ve got a new bin company that's double the size and half the cost and is only 1 year non rolling contract not a rolling 3 year one that u cant get out of.

• Pu
    P Underwood May 27, 2011

I had residential service with them. They would not honor their promises of not charging when we needed them to stop, and when we left they added account closing fees we never agreed to. I think that this company has bad policies and that their billing department is very unreliable. When I talked to someone about closing my account, they didn't even do that until I contact them several times by email and phone. Very disturbing.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices