union finance inc. Complaints & Reviews

union finance inc.General Market Survey scam

received similiar letter but I have not called this Mark Nelson as I am reading he has different contact #'s. When I opened the letter and found the check for $5997.00, I had this gut feeling it had to be a scam or some kind of identity theft scam. I still have not called and I don't want to waste my time. With the economy the way it is, people who are less fortunate than myself would be devistated that this is a scam. DId anyone who received this similar check try to cash it and if so what happened? Looks like it is going into the shredder. I don't even remember taking this so called survey. Thank you to the others who posted their complaint. It saved me from getting any hopes up.

• Kl
      KLD007 Jun 22, 2009

Does anyone know what happen after you cash the check. Please let me know? Thank You...

• Mo
      momX3=crazy! Aug 02, 2009

i got the same letter also, so what exactly is the scam? what happens if you deposit it? what happens if you cash it? What if you dont pay them anything for taxes? Anyone...?

• Pu
      Pusca Sep 01, 2009

Fellows, I got the same letter with a check of like $5000 and some cents, and they promised another $100, 000.
      I just came back from the bank, I told them to check the account and they did, and it turns out these guys are ghosts, they don't exist, don't try to deposit the check that you've got is a SCAM, DON'T DO IT. They are trying to make money with people that don't pay attention to what exactly is in that envelope, just think about its logic, giving you $150, 000 for just taking a survey? Don't even waste your time. That's all I have to say.

• Dc
      D Callahan Oct 20, 2009

I got a the exact same letter and this is what I did. After calling and speaking to Gary Lewis at least 4 times I deposited the check. It cleared in 3 days so I called him back. He now asked me if I had a debit card and that there was alimit on how much I could withdraw. He then instructed me to withdraw 5200.00 and send it Western Union to Doris Justin in London UK. Of course I didn't but I kept watching my account to see how long it would be before my bank reversed the funds. It took 6 hours after he thought I was going to send him $$$$. I called him back and told him the check bounced. This is his response "Your wife said it was a scam so we put a stop payment on it because you are an embarrissment to the company. I can't put down what I said to him. So it is a SCAM Don't fall for this and I hope he gets what he deserves.

union finance inc. — winner of market survey

received letter dated may 18, 2009 as follows; attention it is our pleasure to inform you that you are one of...

Toronto

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices