Unicel Complaints & Reviews

Resolved UnicelI am so furious, I hate this company

On May 1st I mailed a money order to Unicel 's PO Box address for payments from Madison, Wisconsin for $40.00. The money order came from Wal-Mart and instead of a carbon copy of the money order they give you this dinky little piece of paper that you rip from the right side of the money order to keep for your records. I did this and kept it (thank God). Around May 25th, Unicel sent me a rather snarky text telling me to call them and the next day a bill saying I owed $88.00 (which included my next month and the PREVIOUS month which I had just paid). I called their financial services department and got some foreign lady who spoke barely six words of English. From what I gathered, she said I had to fax the front and back of the little receipt for the money order. I said I would and actually bought the receipt to the local office and they photo copied it and faxed it for me (since I didn't want to pay more $$$ to Unicel at this point). Well two or three days go by, I'm now in Madison, Wisconsin again when the Unicel office is in Duluth, Minnesota. My phone gets shut off without any warning and then the beast in financial services who doesn't speak English told some customer service rep to tell me that "she said she called you yesterday" and that instead of the receipt I provided I had to get a photocopy of the money order to prove what account they (UNICEL) put it on.

I am about ready to not pay anything else, write to the BBB, and get rid of this contract and go to prepaid service with another provider. I have to pay $24.00 total to do a 'money gram money order search' and then find somewhere to fax this paper to Unicel and the entire time - MY PHONE IS OFF! Or I can repay the $40.00 I've already paid.

I am so furious, I hate this company!

• Al
    Alexander Aug 03, 2009

We just recently moved a few miles down the road, and neither of us have any service from Unicel in our new location. Yet Unicel refuses to let us out of the contract without the fee which is 200 per contract (even though they assured us instore when I signed on to the family plan with my husband that it was under the one account and thus there would only be one fee).

Resolved UnicelPoor service

I have had nothing but bad service with UNICEL. When I called to complain about the bad quality of service I was having they told me it was because of the leaves on the trees. I had to stand in one corner of my living room just to get service and there is a tower a short distance down the road. Not once did they ever offer me a discount or any form of apology. Then when I told them I had to get another provider 3 months before my contract was up because I needed better service they said fine we will put you on a low plan until your contract is up and then just call back on this date and we will close your account. When I called back to close, they said oh no you need to have 30 days notice to close your account. So not only have I not been able to use the phone I now get to pay another 30 days on a useless phone. UNICEL do not believe a word they say!!!

• La
    LastOneLeft Oct 19, 2009

Unicel has horrible coverage especially in the last like week or so.. They always have problems.. I want like a discount on my bill because i'm paying for service that isn't even close to reliable.. it's very aggravating, and I don't want to deal with this anymore.. I've missed out on work and a lot of money because of their ### service and problems.

UnicelInfo2Go

I neither signed up for, nor do I want Info2Go. Please remove it from my account and reimburse me for the $9.99 charge on my last bill.

• Uj
    U.Jaques Jul 01, 2008

I am paying for service that I'm not even getting. Where we just moved to, a couple of miles down the road from where we were, we have absolutely no reception. I want Unicel to cancel my account without the cancellation fee.

• Li
    Linda and Glenn Jul 15, 2008

I believe the info to go charges happen to more then a few customers and not only does the charge appear but it just keeps on appearing and no matter how many times you have it reversed and talk to someone they tell you they know it is a problem but either has never been fixed or they can't fix it. This problem has been going on for I will say at lease a year but more likely more and Unicel refuses to fix the problem. For many reason including this we have moved to AT&T. I hope Verizon will do something for them. But many people we know are now switching service from the lack of quality service at Unicel.

• Ra
    Ray Harrington Oct 15, 2008

Hi, just a quick disclaimer, I do in fact work for Unicel. I just read your complaint and wanted to let you know what that charge is. When you get an info2go charge for 9.99 it is almost always what is called a "short code" charge. This happens when someone sees one of those ads on tv, you know... "Text 1234 for your cool ringtone", or "Text 1234 to take the soulmate test"... etc. When you text that, the company that you text automatically make it a monthly charge to your phone bill. It isn't Unicel or ATT or Tmobile or anyother provider that is charging you for it, it's a bill through. It's like buying something on a credit card and then saying MasterCard is taking your money, when it's the store that you bought the product that is getting the money. Again, I'm "one of them" so you don't have to listen, but just wanted to clear that up. Thanks!

SandK Mar 07, 2009

Yes, the $9.99 charge appeared on my wife's bill. The Unicel supervisor, Amanda #22070 says my wife sent a text message to sign up for this service. The problem is, she has never sent a text from her phone and doesn't even know how. I looked at her phone and found proof that no text messages have ever been send from it. Even so, Amanda refuses to reverse the charge because she said it was billed from a third party, even though it is on my Unicel bill. This is total fraud and Unicel is participating!

• Ba
    Babyphatchic7605 Apr 05, 2009

Well I called Unicel today and asked what this info2go is and she said I must of sent a text to someone which I didnt then she said it could of been from online. Well that could be cause I do order alot off line but why would that matter. I told her I never recieved what ever it is your suppose to reieve so I want it taken off my bill. She wouldnt remove it from this months bill so Im paying 9.99 for nothing then she told me I had to call some 1800 number and I did. Cant get a human on the phone. I think this is fraud. I cant believe how Unicel could care less about the problem. I work hard for my money to throw away 9.99 on some stupid info2go crap. Get with the program Unicel. Thank god there switching to verizon hopefully things will be alot better and from reading this website I see its not just me that has this problem theres alot.

• Ed
    edward123 Sep 16, 2010

I KEEP GETTING THIS HIGH DOLLAR BILLS, FOR USING A SERVICE I DONT EVEN USE, IM EVEN PAYING 4.00 A MONTH JUST TO PROTECT MY UNICEL ACCOUNT FROM GETTING CHARGED FOR DATA USAGE, LAST BILL I GOT IS FOR 900.00 DOLLARS!!! WHY THEY DO IT THAT WAY I DONT KNOW, BUT IT IS NOT FAIR, I GET OVER STRESSED AND THIS IS AFFECTING MY LIFE.

• Lo