Traffic Police, Pune Complaints & Reviews

Traffic Police, Punecorruption, Misbehaviour & Dishonesty

Today 19th sep 2009 at 9:00 pm. I was caught by a traffic policeman Near Null Stop (Sarda Center, Pune). Due to Dusshera crowd at a particular route police was maintaining the traffic, they stopped us and asked us not to take the road and rather one on the opposite direction though it was a wrong way. As soon as we followed the route around 200 meters another policeman caught us and apprehened us for taking wrong side of the road. We tried to explain him that we had followed the instructions from the other policeman. But still he charged us for driving in wrong direction though the official website (http://www.punepolice.com/compoundingfees.htm, under Motor Vehicle Act Sections MVA- 119/177 ) clearly specifies the charged amount to be Rs. 100/-
He demanded us amount of Rs. 600/- we repeatedly tried to justify our part he denied and used abusive language later he took Rs. 200/- and released us without providing the receipt of challan. Clearly the money went into his pocket and not in favour of the Police department.

The policeman hid his name tag when I tried to read it. But I managed to take a snap of him through my mobile phone (photograph attached).

I don't know whom to approach to take a legal action against the corrupted policeman.

This incident is an absolute example of the dictatorship run by the Traffic Police department, where innocent citizens are harassed. This is surely not an issolated incident which raise a question against the democracy of the nation.

With Care.
A True Indian
"Jai Hind"

corruption, Misbehaviour & Dishonesty

• Um
    UmaShinde Mar 09, 2010

A Gangadham Katraj rd is a narrow rd, but still heavy vehicals like tracks, cranes are going from that rd, and daily gets traffic jam there.

Trucks n other heavy vehical go from that rd still they can go from main satara rd highway.

Traffic control should not allow that heavy vehicals to go from that rd.

• He
    hemant mali Oct 28, 2010

Two wheeler association has been founded to counter such a problems.
    plz mail ur such corrupt policemenz pics to

[email protected]

hemant mali.

• Ga
    gauarav Kumar Apr 25, 2011

Hi Frens,
    Please refer below amounts..for any details regarding the fine which you gave to the police...its not more then 100 in any case..

Please call to human rites if somebody take your license or money (more then mention above) without giving receipt.

Here are many other charges as well / so enjoy be safe n conscious from Pune police..they are beggars..they can charge you if you do not speak Marathi n if they misbehave or talk rudely just call to below numbers from human rites and launch FIR in Human Rites then in Police station..
    According to Human Rites you can see his ID, so Please check and Note down ID of every member who make you fine without any reason..
    There are many case of fake ID of Police as well... be aware ...Pune is not so safe now..Police is on street only to make money...

Human Rites
    F14, World of Mother Jai ganesh Vision,
    Akurdi,
    Pune - 411035
    # 91-20-32347545
    # 91- 9860644847

S. No. / Offenses / Motor Vehicle Act Sections / Charges Rs.
    1 . Parking in 'No Parking' Zone. /MVA - 119/177 / 100
    8. Overtaking a vehicle from left side. / MVA-119/177 / 100
    9. Disobeying traffic signs or signals. / MVA-119/177 / 100
    10. Carrying passenger on footboard./ MVA-123/177 / 100
    11. Licence not in possession. / MVA-130/177 / 100
    12. Owner not giving information about his / her driving License. / MVA- 133/177 / 100
    13. Using unsafe vehicle. / MVA- 190(1)/177 / 100
    14. Driving under influence of Alcohol. / MVA- 185(1) / Non Compoundable
    15. Driving two wheeler without a Helmet / MVA- 129/177 / 100
    16. Carrying passengers on Bonnet/Cabin/running Board. / MVA- 123(2)/177 / 100
    17. Driving without Licence. / MVA- 3(1)/181 / 300
    18. Giving vehicle to a person who has no driving licence. / MVA- 5/180 / 300
    19. Rash Driving./ MVA- 184 / 500
    20. Underage person (below 18 Yrs of age) driving geared vehicle. / MVA- 4(1)/181 / 300
    21. Underage person (below 16 Yrs of age) driving non- geared vehicle. / MVA- 4(1)/181 / 300
    22. Speeding or Lane cutting. / MVA- 112/183 / 200
    23. Driving or giving out for use uninsured vehicle. / MVA- 146/196 / 300
    24. Triple seat driving. / MVA-128 / 100
    25. Driving or giving out for use unregistered vehicle. / MVA- 39/192 / 1000
    26. Unauthorised transport of passengers or goods without valid permit./ MVA- 66(1)/192 / Non Compoundable
    27. Ignoring Traffic Officer's Signal. / MVA- 132(1)a/179 / 200
    28. Parking Rickshaw/Taxi not in an Authorised Rickshaw Stand. / MVR-21(5)/177 / 50
    29. Demanding excess Auto / Taxi meter charges. / MMVR- 21(12)/177 / 50
    30. Auto or Taxi driver refusing to carry passenger(s) to nearby destination. / MMVR- 22(d)/177 / 50
    31. Demanding Auto / Taxi fare beyond the Meter Charges applicable. / MMVR-21(d)/177 / 50
    32. Dazzling/Glaring Light. / MMVR- 235/177 / 100
    33. llegal/Fancy Number Plate./ MMVR- 235(2)/177 / 100
    34. Parking On Footpath. / MMVR- 237(1)/177 / 100
    35. Auto / Taxi driver deliberately not taking the shortest route to a passenger's destination. / MMVR- 21(8)/177 / 50
    36. Auto / Taxi drivers soliciting passengers. / MMVR-21(13)/177 / 50
    37. Auto / Taxi driver smoking while driving. / MMVR- 21(16)/177 / 50
    37. Auto / Taxi driver not in uniform while driving. / MMVR- 31(1)/177 / 50
    38. Carrying persons or articles causing obstruction to the driver's seat. / MMVR- 23(1)/177 / 50
    39. Blowing horn in a Silence Zone. / MMVR- 231/177 / 100
    40. Driving Auto/Taxi without valid badge. / MMVR- 24(2)/177 / 50
    41. Carrying Goods of more than 12 feet in height. / MMVR- 229/177 / 100
    42. Driving heavy vehicle with Back Door or Latch Open. / MMVR- 229(2)/177 / 100
    43. Not having Light on Number Plate / MMVR- 236(1)/177 / 100
    44. Negligence while reversing your vehicle. / MMVR- 233/177 / 100
    45. Filling of less petrol by Taxi/Auto driver while carrying passenger(s). / MMVR- 21(14)/177 / 50
    46. Not keeping Auto / Taxi Clean. / MMVR- 21(29)/177 / 50
    53. Driving without wiper in rainy season (3/4 Wheelers). / CMVR-101/177 / 100
    54. Driving with worn out or torn tyres. / CMVR-94(2)/177 / 100
    55. Driving without reflector light. / CMVR-104(1)/177 / 100
    56. No Head/Tail Lamps. / CMVR- 105/177 / 100
    57. Vehicle stopping without flashing parking light at night. / CMVR- 109/177 / 100
    58. Blowing or installing of Pressure/Multisound Horn. / CMVR -119(2)/190(2)MVA / 500
    59. Dark tinted glasses (less than 75% Visibility from outside). / CMVR-100/177 / 100
    60. Not displaying 'L' Board (Front & Rear) incase of learner's License. / CMVR- 3(c)/177 / 100
    61. Offence under Emission Control Act. / CMVR-115(2)/190(2)MVA / 500
    67. Lane Cutting while driving. / RRR-18(2)/177 / 100
    68. Ignoring rules of Road Marking or Lane Marking. / RRR-18(2)/177 / 100
    69. Parking in front of a Gate. / RRR-15(2)(8)/177 / 100

CRANE / TOWING / LIFTING CHARGES

Sr. No. /Type Of Vehicle / Lifting Charges (Rs) / (Charges for 'No Parking' are not included)
    1. Heavy Vehicle (Truck /Tanker/Trailers/Bus) / 1, 000
    2. Medium Vehicle (Tempo) / 500
    3. Light Vehicle (Car/Jeep) / 250
    4. Three Wheeler Vehicles / 100
    5. Two Wheeler Vehicles / 50

Gaurav Kumar
    [email protected]
    # 09604165729 (only Mess)

Traffic Police, PuneCorrupt word is too small for Pune's Trafic Police

Kindly publish/explore below experience at your esteemed channel.

Subject: Corrupt word is too small for Pune's Trafic Police

On 21st October 2007, I halt my car at kalyani nagar area near Mariplex and standing outside of my car as waiting for someone.

In few minutes one towing vehicle arrived near to my car, I got conscious and found that I am at “No Parking location”- No Parking Board was hardly visible.

Traffic Constable (Mr. Santosh Mahtre, shastri Nagar Choky) jumped out of Towing truck (MH 12 BB 9331) and was keen to settle case without paper, As a responsible citizen I refused and as I was ready to pay fine, I asked him to write receipt. He wrote 2 receipt of Rs 100/- (No Parking fine), Rs 200/- Towing charges. Same he did for another car owner nearby who got jammer at his car and was ready to pay fine.

We both victims realized and raised concern that without physical towing how can they charged with Towing charges. Now the driver of towing vehicle became leader of all, said “Let me show you what is called towing” and put anchors at my front bumper fiber fins (not at regular towing points) and rapidly raised towing m/c, resulting good damage to my car. Till this point we were surrounded by huge public, everyone supported us as towing receipt was fraud (no signature/ no printed serial numbers), no towing was done, no parking challan also has signature of some other officer. The moment we demanded to call senior officer to complain about and resolve the matter, constable and driver became too polite and returned money immediately. We received a huge applaud by crowd. Feeling embarrassed towing team flew away from spot with no delay.

In a second I realized that officer didn’t gave me my driving license back, I followed truck in my car but knowingly they were not stopping truck not even giving me side to overtake them. Truck was driven horribly, resulting striking out 2 bike riders on road and damaging divider. Finally after following them for 5 KM (with full dipper and continuous horn), one 2 wheeler came in middle at crossing forcing them to stop their truck, officer immediately thrown my lic. When I was picking my Lic. from road, they vanished from Spot.

I manage to capture photographs of whole event and showed them to PSI Mr. Thorat (Shastri Nagar Choky). He shown no interest in this matter and just ask me to forget it (When I keep on visiting him around 4/5 times).

Not sure what should I do and where should I put my complaint.

*********************************************

I have all proofs & photos with me if required. Let me know when would I expect this matter to be published. This will help me putting pressure over senior officers and teaching them a lesson.

Thanks and Regards,
Sandeep Jain
[protected] (Pune)

• Gu
    Gurminder singh Jan 17, 2008

You are absolutely right.. I live in aundh and faced a similar problem. I had a Royal enfield and I was in bank, I came to know they are towing all bikes outside I rushed and saw that they picked all bikes except enfield may be it was too heavy for them. I was ready to pay fine but he was charging 100 for fine and 50 for lifting it...

I said if you havent lifted why should I pay after a little reluctancy that guy returned 50 bucks.. It seems they have made a bussiness out of this.

• De
    Devashish Jan 25, 2008

Congrats Sandeep for taking the stand against corruption.

I suggest you follow up with the following. Meet with the Deputy Commissioner of Police (Traffic) with a letter outlining what happened with the names of the constable, and the PSI that you followed up with. Let the DCP know that you expect to get a resolution else you will be filing a Right To Information (RTI) as to what is being done about this. Ask the DCP for his business card/phone no. Also send a copy of the letter by Registered Post to the Commissioner of Police and let the DCP know this.

Give them 30 days to resolve this and if you do not hear from the DCP, phone the office and find out. Should you be stonewalled (ignored), file a RTI application with the Public Information Officer of the Police and watch them beg for your mercy.

• Fa
    factsReality Jan 13, 2009

OVER 500 PEOPLE ARE MURDERED ON INDIAN ROADS DUE TO CORRUPTION IN LEGAL SYSTEM

Corruption is killing India.
    Join the drive to weed out the mostly corrupt lot of administration in India which is more than 98%.

manishb Aug 09, 2009

no comments for the ### they are not from onr father they can sell their mother u were lucky to get out

• Su
    subodhkadam Jan 23, 2010

You are correct. But you can't fight alone. Goverement does not take care of the same. We pay taxes. Even PM admits... out of 1 ruppee... 10 paisa goes to proper reason. Now i am capturing snaps to put everyting on blogs. Same will be shared with news channel. Hope somebody will be there who does not believe in Khabugiri.

• Ni
    Niranjan inamdar Mar 29, 2010

Hello Sandeep jain,

you are hero, people avoid wasting their time on such matters due to important office works, but please follow up the matter with higher authorities till you get justice plus publish this matters in pune newspapers, dont get afraid with police rude behaviour, people should come forward with such corrupt and trouble making practices with us public, may organisations are with you.please fight till you get apologies plus suspension of towing officers, please follow up with mr. manoj patil, pune 's traffic commissioner, thanks.
    -niranjan inamdar

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices